ULTIMATES 2 Storyline is soo cool (warning contains spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

willRules
Ok Im really enjoying this title at the moment and things are really heating up!!!!

Spoilers below. DO NOT READ THE BOTTOM OF MY POST IF YOU HAVEN'T READ ANY ULTIMATES 2 YET!!!!!!

Ok so whats going on?

Theres a fear of Ultimates being deployed across the globe to do specific covert operations.

Thor, Madman? or is he really the God of Thunder?

eek! Ultimate loki!!!!

Traitor within the team killed Hawkeye. Then it turns out Clint aint dead sad

Cap was believed to be the traitor, until Black widow killed Jarvis and in the most recent issue, put a gun to Tony Starks head whilst they were having sex.

America taken over. Loki assembles evil team.

Quicksilver dead? Scarlet witch dead? cap imprisoned. Thor Imprisoned. Iron-man on deaths doorstep. Fury lost an arm.

Triskellion destroyed.

all this in just 9 of the 12 issues which are coming out!!!

I think its brilliant, what does everyone else think?????

DarkCrawler
This Ultimates run is even better then the first one.

But it all is going to end soon...Jeph Loeb is writing the third run...sad

willRules
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
This Ultimates run is even better then the first one.

But it all is going to end soon...Jeph Loeb is writing the third run...sad

why is that so bad? I thought he was the bloke who wrote Hush? and that storyline was brilliant IMO.................

DarkCrawler
Hmm. I guess Hush was OK.

willRules
what storylines did he write which you don't like?

The Ion
Jeph is decent at best. Superman For All Seasons is good stuff but then you have stuff like Superman/Batman and Supergirl that makes you want to give up comics forever.

Sir Whirlysplat
Ultimates 2 is excellent, one of the best comics around at the moment.

willRules
oh right.

Anyways back to the storyline. What do you guys think about black widow being the traitor?

willRules
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Ultimates 2 is excellent, one of the best comics around at the moment.

yes

The Ion
Originally posted by willRules
oh right.

Anyways back to the storyline. What do you guys think about black widow being the traitor?
I was hoping it'd be Jarvis. sad

willRules
LOL

I kinda jumped when Jarvis got shot through the head

I usually only jump on a very scary horror movie, its never happened with a comic before, I think................

willRules
BUMP

Lucid Lui
Yeah, it's been really good so far. i'm wondering who the members of Loki's Posse are...

I dunno why they put Jeph Loeb and Joe Mad on the title for v3 though. The book's really not going to be anything like it has been.

willRules
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
i'm wondering who the members of Loki's Posse are...

Yeah. If you look at the team on the last page, they have a bloke who looks like a cool challenge for captain america, a Thor copycat, a (well it looks like) speeder, someone who vaguely resembles the Ultimate Green Goblin. it looks like a really cool team.................

Psycho Ninja
I hate Jeph !!!

Sir Whirlysplat
- Nick Fury Traitor? as well as Black Widow? Maybe.......

DarkCrawler
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/9425/ultimatesenemies6lo.gif

I think they are

Ultimate Abomination (the big green guy)
Ultimate Radioactive Man (the fellow in armored suit, he said he was Chinese)
Ultimate Loki (duh)
Ultimate...Masterson? (Thor copycat)

I don't know who the four others would be...

(I think that Ultimate Defenders are going to save the day)

willRules

I think they are

Ultimate Loki (duh)

cool

I want to see cap fight the boke with the lightsaber eek!

willRules
- Nick Fury Traitor? as well as Black Widow? Maybe.......

what where'd you get this from? Unless this has been confirmed, I doubt he is.

Look at it from the writers P.O.V. They have already made black widow the traitor, so unless she becomes a good guy again, there is a very good chance she will be killed off in this storyline. The writers don't want more than one traitor as it makes the Ultimates team smaller tan it already is.

Plus Nick just lost an arm so I doubt he was planning on that.

Also he is the head of Shield and the Ultimates so it would seem very strange that he would let America be taken over and something he has worked so hard for (the ultimates) to be so easily disassembled...............

Your theory is possible but I don't think its likely and personally I hope it doesn't happen as I think it would screw up the team and story in an unwanted fashion...........

willRules
I laughed when Natasha put a gun to Tony's head whilst they were having sex. because

1. He has just got his own series so its unlikely he will die, he is simply too popular to be killed off.
2. If there was any way he would die, it would be in bed with a woman!!

Fishy 500

I think they are

Ultimate Loki (duh)

I've saw the cover for Ultimates 10 ages ago, and i thought that the big guy had an uncanny resemblance to Abomination. Its blatantly him, although he's Chinese rather than Russian ? How has that Thor wannabe got Thor's powers ?

Sir Whirlysplat
Crimson Dynamo, Abomination, Hammer and Sickle (he was a hold hulk villian). Whizzer? Wonderman? Hela? Token Mutant?

Thors"girdle" belt of strength is with Loki.

Fishy 500
Crimson Dynamo, Abomination, Hammer and Sickle (he was a hold hulk villian). Whizzer? Wonderman? Hela? Token Mutant?

Thors"girdle" belt of strength is with Loki.

Its a bit lame him being a god who needs a belt for powers ? confused

"Wonderman? Hela?"

Where ? smile

willRules
who else wants to see cap duke it out with the bloke with a lightsaber? eek!

Sir Whirlysplat
who else wants to see cap duke it out with the bloke with a lightsaber? eek!

I think he might be Wonderman.

The Ion
It's Red Skull.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by The Ion
It's Red Skull.

Thats possibleas well - Why the big red W on the chest?

The Ion
Guess we'll have to wait for an explanation on that.

DarkCrawler
Maybe he is called "Wet Skull" on Ultimates?

8bitChris
I laughed when Natasha put a gun to Tony's head whilst they were having sex. because

1. He has just got his own series so its unlikely he will die, he is simply too popular to be killed off.
2. If there was any way he would die, it would be in bed with a woman!!

The Ultimate Iron man is an origin story though. It starts off with him as a baby. Through 3 issues, he doesn't even have his armor yet.

willRules
Originally posted by 8bitChris
The Ultimate Iron man is an origin story though. It starts off with him as a baby. Through 3 issues, he doesn't even have his armor yet.

Good point.

However I still don't think he will be killed off. He was popular enough to get his own series in the first place. The writers don't want to make the ultimates team too small and making Natasha Romanov the traitor will shorten the team as it is.

Plus there is always the possibility that the ultimate Iron-man series will show his current life eventually, which leads me to conclude that by the end of Ultimates 2, characters like Cap, Iron-man, Thor, Nick Fury, Hawkeye (maybe) Quicksilver and scarlet witch etc etc will still be alive.

DarkCrawler
Doesn't Ultimate Iron Man have healing factor of some kind? Maybe he survives shooting by that?

Scoobless
Originally posted by The Ion
Jeph is decent at best. Superman For All Seasons is good stuff but then you have stuff like Superman/Batman and Supergirl that makes you want to give up comics forever.

I like Batman & Superman

I want to see cap fight the boke with the lightsaber eek!

Ultimate Darth Maul?

lol

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6059/marvelcomicswolverinevsdarthma.jpg

Thats possibleas well - Why the big red W on the chest?

maybe he has a speech impediment... the Wed Skull wan wound the wasbewwy bush

Scoobless
oh right.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=356495&highlight=ultimate+traitor

Originally posted by Scoobless
i'd guess that it's Black Widow... and Hawkeye sure seems to be dead... but if you don't see it, don't expect it to be true

big grin

Sir Whirlysplat
maybe he has a speech impediment... the Wed Skull wan wound the wasbewwy bush

laughing out loud like it - Ultimate Jonathan Ross!

willRules
laughing out loud

Im gonna list all the characters in this storyline and then Im gonna list who I think lives or dies..........

Cap: Lives
Iron-man: Lives
Black widow : dies
Thor: lives
Nick Fury : lives
Jarvis : dies (lol)
Loki : dies
Bloke who nicked Thor's belt : dies
Quicksilver : lives
Scarlet witch: lives
Hawkeye : lives

steverules
I'm goin to forbidden planet in a min to do some shoppin for comics. I might by some ultimates stuff, but the one thing I really want to get is batman hush graphic novel, the storyline and art is great. If jarvis dies then he will never be able to boogey on down with aunt May LOL.

DarkCrawler
I think that Ultimate Jarvis is gay...

willRules
I think that Ultimate Jarvis is gay...

well we won't ever know for sure now, unless he aint really dead................

Loki is screwing with reality which made the ultimates capture Thor and made captain America look like the traitor on the tapes..............

Scoobless
well we won't ever know for sure now, unless he aint really dead................

I think we know..... yes

willRules
laughing out loud

steverules
Well if ultimate Jarvis is gay and isn't dead and comes back to life then he could always start dating ultmate collosus.

DarkCrawler
sick

steverules
J 4 C

It's written in the stars.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by steverules
J 4 C

It's written in the stars. Then we must KILL the stars! tank crazy

...with... tanks... like u do.

willRules
umm ..............so anyway......

who here would love to see Ultimate Asgard? assuming it exists..........

Marvelgeek
umm ..............so anyway......

who here would love to see Ultimate Asgard? assuming it exists.......... That could be interesting. Trying to keep stuff a bit more realistic, gritty (that part probly not hard to do in Asgard) and in tone with the rest of the series would be interesting. I gotta say Ultimates 2 seems to be seriously aweseome. I haven't read any whole comic (I think) but I've read synopsises and many many many scans.
They're all jerks. xcept Thor and Iron man.

willRules
well cap is cool as well. he just got blamed for something he (probably) didn't do. Natasha Romanov is cool as well especially the scene where she puts a gun to Tony's head

Blair Wind
I wanna see a pic of that.....I would find that hilarouis.....^^^only way he will ever die lol...

willRules
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I wanna see a pic of that.....I would find that hilarouis.....^^^only way he will ever die lol...

laughing out loud I was thinking exactly the same thing..............

willRules
I would post the pic but I don't have a scanner.......... sad

DarkCrawler
Here big grin:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3797/funnypic13ss.gif
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3069/funnypic20tu.gif

Blair Wind
.....they killed jarvis? sad .....but man.....Ironman was lucky for about 5 seconds.....

DarkCrawler
Yeah...I would die for that. stick out tongue

willRules
Here big grin:

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3797/funnypic13ss.gif
http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/3069/funnypic20tu.gif

Cheers for the scans. When I first bought that comic and read it I didn't really take in what jarvis was saying as I was more concerned that his brain juice was staining the carpet, but now I realise Jarvis final parting words were quite funny..............

DarkCrawler
Yep. smile

Ultimate Quicksilver is really badass:
http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/6600/ultqs2nk.gif

willRules
what do you guys think of my new sig?

Sir Whirlysplat
Actually a very good sig smile

willRules
lol cheers

I won't get banned for it, will I? confused

DarkCrawler
what do you guys think of my new sig?

laughing out loud

Sir Whirlysplat
Yeah its a good comic smile I want to see Thor back most in Ultimates he's the best character in it.

Blair Wind
lol cheers

I won't get banned for it, will I? confused

nah, it doesnt show anything...

willRules
Yeah its a good comic smile I want to see Thor back most in Ultimates he's the best character in it.

He is a very intriguing character.

I think cap is really cool at the moment though. I like the fact he is a lot stronger, faster and has a much cooler costume than his 616 counterpart...............

Blair Wind
stronger???????? he got his ass handed to him by colossus.....cooler yes, stronger no....

willRules
stronger???????? he got his ass handed to him by colossus.....cooler yes, stronger no....

Cap got beaten up by colossus? I have every ultimates comic so I assume you are refferring to Ultimate X-men? I have the Ultimate War issues but Colossus only fought Iron-man and Thor in that?

Blair Wind
Cap got beaten up by colossus? I have every ultimates comic so I assume you are refferring to Ultimate X-men? I have the Ultimate War issues but Colossus only fought Iron-man and Thor in that?

damn sorry I thought you were still talking about Thor.... embarrasment

willRules
damn sorry I thought you were still talking about Thor.... embarrasment

LOL oh right big grin

Scoobless

i have almost everything Ultimate... i don't think Cap has lost a fight yet

Colossus got owned by the Falcon though... and Hawkeye

DarkCrawler
Thor has some good points.

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4244/millar10lg.gif

Sir Whirlysplat
Thor has some good points.

http://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4244/millar10lg.gif

I might turn that into a sig smile Ultimate Universe is loads better than 616 and sadly the "Mark Milton" Universe is not living up to Supreme Power sad Spectrum and Hyperion have been poor, although Nighthawk is excellent imo.

willRules

When Fury thought Cap was the traitor, He sent a load of superhumanly enhanced guards and "Rocket men" (which are like big, clunky robot guards) which took Cap down after a huge explosion. But to be fair to Cap he revealed at the beginning of the issue that he hadn't slept in days, was emotionally stressed, and on top of all that he did really well in the figth and nearly got away.............

Scoobless
oh yeah.... but that wasn't a fight... it was an ambush and there were a ton of people against him

DarkCrawler
I might turn that into a sig smile Ultimate Universe is loads better than 616 and sadly the "Mark Milton" Universe is not living up to Supreme Power sad Spectrum and Hyperion have been poor, although Nighthawk is excellent imo.

No...art is horrific in both, IMO, but story is much better on Nighthawk.

I haven't read a single issue of Supreme Power that would not be superb. It's perhaps the best series ever...

willRules
oh yeah.... but that wasn't a fight... it was an ambush and there were a ton of people against him

True, and on top of all that, cap nearly got away.............

willRules
BUMP

Fishy 500

I havn't read Hyperion 3 .... buut so far its been pretty good. Although the art sucks compared to the original Supreme power story ! I like the new characters and their powers ! smile Has Hyperion 3 come out yet ?

DarkCrawler
Yes...I'm reading it right now. smile

And the art sucks goatballs.

Fishy 500
Yes...I'm reading it right now. smile

And the art sucks goatballs.

whats the story like ? smile I mean the arts not that bad ... I mean its never been a problem for me when Ive read stuff like Secret Wars and Infinity Gauntlet ! smile

willRules
who would win in a fight? Ultimate Green Goblin or Ultimate captain America? their fight in ultimate six never concluded...............

willRules
Im not gonna let this thread die................

Blair Wind

Colossus got owned by the Falcon though... and Hawkeye

Cap got froze up by iceman......even tho it was a mistake....it still happened stick out tongue

willRules
Cap got froze up by iceman......even tho it was a mistake....it still happened stick out tongue

what issue was this? could you post any scans please? big grin

Blair Wind
i have it with me, ill try to get a scan later but its Ultimate X-men 64

willRules
ok cheers

willRules
can anyone please tell me when the next issue is out?

willRules
anyone?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.