Wizard War - Character Creation and Discussion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla
Colloportus(MP: 5, Cost: 4 sp)

This spell will magically lock a door, preventing it from being opened for a presumably limited amount of time. It is easily countered by Alohomora, however. The word is a combination of "colligare" (Latin for "bind together"wink or Greek kollaō = "I glue or cement or weld", and "porta" (Latin for "door"wink. Used in Order of the Phoenix when Hermione needs to seal a door in the Department of Mysteries against some Death Eaters. The fact that the Death Eaters did not just open the doors with Alohomora may indicate complications.

Deletrius (MP: 5, Cost: 4 sp)

Erases images. First seen in Goblet of Fire when Amos Diggory gets rid of the echo of the Dark Mark from Harry's wand.

Densaugeo (MP: 5, Cost: 3 sp)

Makes the victim's teeth grow rapidly. Introduced in Goblet of Fire when Draco Malfoy attacked Hermione outside of the Potions classroom. "Dens" is a Latin noun and means "tooth". "Augeo" is a Latin verb and means "I grow" (from the infinitive "augere" which means "to grow"wink.

Diffindo (MP: 10, Cost: 5 sp)

Severs the target. In Goblet of Fire when Harry urgently wants to talk to Cedric Diggory he casts this spell to rip his bag, thus delaying him for class. Harry also tried to use it in Order of the Phoenix to save Ron from the brains in the Department of Mysteries, and also in Half-Blood Prince when he wanted to switch the cover of the Half-Blood Prince's copy of Advanced Potion-Making for a new one, in order to fool Professor Snape. Ron also uses this spell to trim the lace off of his dress robes in Goblet of Fire.
In the Chamber of Secrets videogame, it is mentioned that Diffindo cuts (or severs) things that are organic (carbon-based) in material.

Engorgio(MP: 10, Cost: 5 sp)

Makes something grow larger. Seen in Goblet of Fire when the impostor Professor Moody casts it on a spider to enhance a demonstration of the effects of a Cruciatus Curse. Hagrid is also suspected of performing the charm on his pumpkins once.

Ennervate(MP: 10, Cost: 10 sp)

The counterspell to the Stunning Spell. In Goblet of Fire, Amos Diggory uses it to wake up Winky, while later on Professor Dumbledore uses it to wake up Viktor Krum. In Half-Blood Prince, Harry uses it in an attempt to wake Professor Dumbledore. Maybe more than a counterspell, there have been instances when it is used to help people regain consciousness who haven't been Stupefied. The etymological root of this spell is from Latin for "to add nerve"; hence the English word "ennervate". If spelled with one "n," however, it has the opposite meaning - to weaken, rather than invigorate (though a post hoc explanation could be fashioned to claim that it is the stunning spell that is weakened by this spell, in which case the etymology would fit).

Episkey (MP: 10, Cost: 10 sp)

Used in Goblet of Fire after the first task of the Triwizard Tournament. Nymphadora Tonks uses this spell in Half-Blood Prince to fix Harry's broken nose, later Harry uses it to heal a fat lip. This leads the reader to the conclusion that it is a spell to heal minor injuries (assuming a broken nose is considered a mild injury). The word comes from the Greek "episkevi" ("επισκευή"wink, which means "repair". J. K. Rowling writes in Half-Blood Prince, Harry's knowledge tells him that this spell could belong to a family (or variety) of Healing Spells, in the same way a species of plants belongs to a larger genus.

Evanesco(MP: 10, Cost: 10 sp)

Makes something vanish. Used in Order of the Phoenix when Snape makes Harry's Draught of Peace disappear from his cauldron. Also used in Chamber of Secrets when Snape makes the snake disappear. In Order of the Phoenix, this spell is used to make Bill's scrolls on the kitchen table vanish. It is presumed that whatever is Vanished can be made to reappear - surely Bill didn't want his scrolls to disappear completely.

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla

Princess Lyla
Thank god for wikipedia which is the site that provided all the spells... I know it's a bit complicated but I wanted to deliver to you a whole and good RP experience... enjoy big grin Sorry I took this long smile

TigerEyes
holy freak make it complicated why don't you! god well i'll sign up later....

TigerEyes
ok i've decided i'm dropping this cuz it's too fing confusing to work for me...sorry but maybe if you dropped all the rules on weapons, exp, and spells and just gave us all the same things...and no room or way to grow or explained it better so we knew how we could gain experience or money or w.e it might be easier but w.e...
thanks for the awesome idea..
peace

Princess Lyla

TigerEyes
Player: TigerEyes
Name: Alexandre Smith
School: Hogwarts
House: Ravenclaw
Year:6
Appearence: tall 5'10", muscular build, short spikey black hair, crystal blue eyes
Biography: Grew up in Ireland and moved to England at age 11 after the death of his father and older brother. He soon learnt he was a wizard adn left his mother alone to practice magic. he's a rebellious, smart boy who is tryign to hide his true feelings of pain and sorrow.

milion888
hi, can i join? if yes, here goes: (if not, delete this post)

Player: milion888
Name: Joshua Gefullt
School: Hogwarts,
House: Slytherin
Year: 7
Appearence: Tall, thin, pale, blue eyes, white hair
Biography: A lonely, mischievous guy, who has often found himself in trouble using attack spells on other people. Other than that, a prety fair and honest guy (for a slytherin)

TigerEyes
Now is this going anywhere? or should i drop it again? Come on we need to get more ppl to start it....i'm a sictting duck here!

Princess Lyla
we need more people because right now there is you and million, and no one else... if nobody else joins I might have to forget about it...

rollplayer
am i still mycarter sory i bine busy in the unhosted part

Princess Lyla
yeah you're still hermione

rollplayer
yea !!

Princess Lyla
well at least we are four now. I think we'll begin. I'll make a new thread to start over clean...

rollplayer
well um is some one ron yet??

Princess Lyla
nope

go to this adress to get to the thread...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=385100

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.