Avenging Cedric Diggory (spoilerish)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bar-en-Danwedh
if you haven't seen or read Goblet of Fire, read no further...

maybe i missed something...

(i haven't read the books) but i saw GOF last night, and was a little confused about the events at the end...

maybe i'm just malicous and vengeful kind of guy, but when harry gets back to the tornament with Cedric's body, and cedrics dad is crying over his son, why does harry say nothing about Malfoy?

i mean, blondie's been hassleing him since day one, and his dads been an absolute prat to him AND rapped his fingers earlier in the movie...
personally, the first thing I would have said would be: "The blond kid's dad did it!"

I would have clarified the situation later, after they lynched him.

don't get me wrong, i loved the film, I just felt there was way too much tension built up to not say anything... you'd be pretty bitter.

what's worse is that the Malfoy kid showed up to Cedrics funeral.

that's a bit rude...

again, no spells no tricks, i would have administered quite a beating, i'm sure the other students would join in.

thoughts?

undomiel
its all explained in the book

scurran
yea you NEED to read the book to understand the film, becasue there is alot cut out

zombieman
Yeah, that and the fact that it was Wormtail who killed Diggory and not Malfoy...

Bar-en-Danwedh
I know malfoy didn't kill him, I was just saying i'd involve him while emotions where high. "then clarify" after everyone beat the crap out of blondie...

the important thing is Malfoy was there... he was part of the posse.

as for reading the books... yeah, i think it's got to that point now where i'll have to. (just to fill in the gaps)...

i saw the first movie on cable, and thought it was fun... but left it at that.
when i knew gary oldman was in the third one i borrowed the second from my boss, so the third one would make sense...

now, having watched this last one, i think i'll be getting the series on DVD...

hotsauce6548
Because Harry had just watched a friend murdered, the man who killed his parents rise again, and the stress of having to actually duel this evil sorcerer.

I do not think his emotional status at that point in time would have allowed him to think clearly, let alone come up with a plan such as the one you have thought of to wrongly accuse Malfoy's father. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MistressofSnape
and the fact that nobody belived anyway after he came back so the whole "malfoy did it" thing would fall upon deaf ears.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.