Darth Vader and Darth Maul vs Obi Wan and Kit Fitso

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
wink

Captain REX
1) Which Darth Vader? ROTS or OT?

2) Which Obi-Wan? TPM, AOTC, ROTS, or ANH?

3) Kit Fisto dies regardless.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Captain REX
1) Which Darth Vader? ROTS or OT?

2) Which Obi-Wan? TPM, AOTC, ROTS, or ANH?

3) Kit Fisto dies regardless.

1. yes, do tell.
2. Yes, always tell.
3. No, Kit could last a while against either TPM Maul or OT Vader, possibly long enough for Obi-Wan (if it's ROTS) to beat the other.

braz
1. ROTS vader pre-suit, at his full potential, like when he was fighting obi......
2. ROTS obiwan with the most experience yet still young enough to be somewhat acrobatic and agile and stronger with the force

braz
Originally posted by darthsith19
1. yes, do tell.
2. Yes, always tell.
3. No, Kit could last a while against either TPM Maul or OT Vader, possibly long enough for Obi-Wan (if it's ROTS) to beat the other.

thats what im sayin...could kit hold off probably darth maul long enough for obi to take down vader, then take darth maul too?

calvin44
Originally posted by braz
1. ROTS vader pre-suit, at his full potential, like when he was fighting obi......
2. ROTS obiwan with the most experience yet still young enough to be somewhat acrobatic and agile and stronger with the force

anikan never reached full potential.

braz
w/e anakin or darth vader at this point in the movie where he had the most potential that he has ever had...it wasnt though, officially "full" potential tho

Captain REX
So ROTS Darth Vader, ROTS Obi-Wan...

Anakin was not at his full potential then. He was more powerful than Obi-Wan.

In a straight fight of Vader & Maul vs. Obi-Wan & Kit...

If Vader and Kenobi went at it, eventually Kenobi would go down. Kenobi got lucky with his defeat of Anakin in ROTS; he played his advantage of high ground and Anakin's blind fury well. Maul and Kit would be fighting about and Maul might be victorious, but Kit might...hard to say.

If Maul and Kenobi went at it, Kenobi would kill him. ROTS Kenobi was far more powerful and skilled than TPM Kenobi, needless to say. Vader would probably take awhile but he'd bring down Kit, but if he takes too long, Kenobi and Kit would be victorious. If he takes down Kit fast enough, Kenobi will fall to him.

Anakin is simply better than Kenobi in a straight fight.

calvin44
but if kit killed maul quickly, it would be a numbers game and a hopeful chance for the jedi. it's plausible.

braz

If Vader and Kenobi went at it, eventually Kenobi would go down. Kenobi got lucky with his defeat of Anakin in ROTS; he played his advantage of high ground and Anakin's blind fury well. Maul and Kit would be fighting about and Maul might be victorious, but Kit might...hard to say.

If Maul and Kenobi went at it, Kenobi would kill him. ROTS Kenobi was far more powerful and skilled than TPM Kenobi, needless to say. Vader would probably take awhile but he'd bring down Kit, but if he takes too long, Kenobi and Kit would be victorious. If he takes down Kit fast enough, Kenobi will fall to him.

u know, i used to agree with u but now i cant decide...about the part where anakin is better than obi wan, cuz i mean even obi wan said it that anakin had become a far greater jedi than he could ever hope to be, but obi still won and could've killed him easily..but then again it was somewhat of a cheapshot, but still a practice in the jedi art of Sokan which obi used which focuses on ur opponents weak points and obi had apparently practiced in this and used it to sever anakins limbs.so IMO its very hard to say whos better...what do yall think??

jollyjim311
Where are they fighting?

DrDoom101
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Where are they fighting? why does it matter? confused

jollyjim311
Because if Obi can't get the terrain advantage then the battle will go on a lot longer and Vader may emerge victorious.

ssj3gohan007
Let them fight on tantooine, Ani's home field advantage. There will be no mustafar cheap shot here, ani wins. or should i say vader.

jollyjim311
Okay, now it's down to Maul vs. Kit. The winner of that fight will be decided before the Obi/ Vader fight, so who could win first and help their ally defeat the remaining enemy?

I think Maul would beat Kit after a long fight, then go help Vader defeat Obi. Maul has amazing offense and impenetrable defense. He is a very accomplished swordsman with a deadly combination of speed, skill, and a mastery of a weapon that gives him a huge advantage on the battlefield.

braz
that is true^^ i just finished watching the phantom menace big grin

Darth_Glentract
Maul may be good, but Kit is around ROTS Obi-wan's level, who would take Maul.

Shadow x 20

Obi-Wan got lucky? Obi-Wan would have defeated Anakin regardless. Obi-Wan's form is based on defense so of course he wouldn't go on the attack as much as Anakin did. Not to mention Obi-Wan didn't want to kill Ani he had to kill Ani. Ani was trying to kill Obi-Wan.
Kit would get defeated by Maul.
Kit would get defeated by Vader.
Obi-Wan would take longer to defeat Maul then Vader would defeat Kit considering Vader is more offensive and Obi is more defensive.

darthsith19
1) Vader and Obi-Wan fight. It's about even. Maul beats Kit. Then he and Vader beat Kenobi.
2) Obi-wan and Maul fight. Kit and Vader fight. Obi-Wan beats Maul. Then perhaps he and Kit will beat Vader. Perhaps Kit will be dead and alone he will take Vader. But probably Vader will kill Kit beofre Obi-Wan finishes with Maul and then, once again, the 2 Sith Lords will defeat the Jedi Master.

Either way the Sith win.

jollyjim311
That actually sounds about right to me.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Obi-Wan got lucky? Obi-Wan would have defeated Anakin regardless. Obi-Wan's form is based on defense so of course he wouldn't go on the attack as much as Anakin did. Not to mention Obi-Wan didn't want to kill Ani he had to kill Ani. Ani was trying to kill Obi-Wan.
Kit would get defeated by Maul.
Kit would get defeated by Vader.
Obi-Wan would take longer to defeat Maul then Vader would defeat Kit considering Vader is more offensive and Obi is more defensive.

In a straight fight? According to Gillard and Lucas, Anakin is the better fighter. Obi-Wan played his terrain to his advantage, and while Jedi don't believe in luck, we sure do (or don't...) and Obi-Wan gets lucky quite often.

jollyjim311
Obi-Wan gets lucky quite often.

Tee hee hee.

braz
Originally posted by darthsith19
1) Vader and Obi-Wan fight. It's about even. Maul beats Kit. Then he and Vader beat Kenobi.
2) Obi-wan and Maul fight. Kit and Vader fight. Obi-Wan beats Maul. Then perhaps he and Kit will beat Vader. Perhaps Kit will be dead and alone he will take Vader. But probably Vader will kill Kit beofre Obi-Wan finishes with Maul and then, once again, the 2 Sith Lords will defeat the Jedi Master.

Either way the Sith win.

evil face yes, the sith win...they are and always will be way cooler too

Captain REX
Thing is, Kit Fisto is apparently a better swordsman than Obi-Wan, and therefore better than Maul.

braz
^ prove it

Captain REX
Okay!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t382909.html

Glentract did it for me. That's why I started the thread; to see where Fisto stands.

kingkman
Fisto did not defeat Obi Won. That was just Obi Won's humble opinion (part of what made him such a great jedi). Although under these exact circumstances Obi Won defeated Anakin I think that if they fought again Anakin would win. So Vader would take Kenobi and Maul would take Fisto.

Master Saesee
Ani and Obi would duel and Maul would duel Kit , Kit would kill Maul and pick up Mauls double bladed lightsaber and attack but Ani would slay kit and the whilst he did that obi would slay ani like he does in ROTS

Darth Martin
kit would not kill maul.

MEDVOCK
A padawan Obi-Wan managed to keep up with Maul's attacks for the majority of the duel (at least enough to save him from being beheaded), and eventually ended up defeating him.

That same Obi-Wan, a year into the clone wars, admitted that Kit Fisto was a better duelist than he was. He was also AWED by Kit Fisto's speed and fighting style. This, mind you, is coming from Obi-Wan -- the ONLY Jedi to fight both Maul AND Kit Fisto. Obi had NEVER seen ANYTHING like Kit Fisto -- when watching him fight that group of X'Ting, he almost lost his concentration. He had never seen anything move like that in his life. Or at the least, he had never been bewildered by a Jedi's movements more than he was by Kit's. If you ask me, this is more than reason to assume that Kit will definitely not go down without a good fight.

Quite frankly, I can see THIS duel turning out either way.

Dessel
I'd say Vader is the most powerful here (by a small margin; darkside makes him stronger, and his personal skill is above the others' imo), however Maul is the weakest here (too uncontrolled, being taken out by padawan Kenobi like that).
Kit and Obi-Wan are roughly on the same level (check out Fisto's exploits throughout the CW, especially The Caestus Deception) with Obi-Wan being slightly superior.
Kit and Obi would also fight with more cohesion (having fought together before) whereas Maul and Anakin wouldn't (the saber staff would sure get in the way).
I also think that while Anakin is superior to Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan would always be the superior between the two of them (due to him training Anakin and knowing all of his weaknesses, being more in control of his emotions and his passive nature and Soresu is the perfect counter to Anakin's skill with Schien and controlled fury).

The jedi take it more often than not imo, and the sith' best bet (sole bet actually) would be for Anakin to take out Fisto quickly while Maul holds off Obi-Wan and then doubleteam him for the win, however the jedi' superior cohesion would likely ensure that they would manipulate the fight well enough to make sure that they would pull off a win.

Council#13
Cestus Deception was quite a bit of time before the Clone Wars. Anyone think that Kit could've taken Obi-Wan by the time of ROTS?

Dessel
Well Kit Fisto would have improved too, though most likely not as much as Obi-Wan. I'd still say they were likely on the same level. I mean, by LoE Kit was able to take out two MagnaGuards in seconds with four rotations of his saber.

Prodigal Knight
Obi-Wan is not better than Anakin, however since he truly knows Skywalker he can hold him for maybe three minutes (that's what he did in the ROTS fight till they started to go into a lava covered terrain). Maul could beat Kit during this time.

Now it'll be Kenobi and Maul vs. Anakin. I would say Anakin would kill Maul but then get stabbed by Obi-Wan in the process.

Council#13
Originally posted by Dessel
Well Kit Fisto would have improved too, though most likely not as much as Obi-Wan. I'd still say they were likely on the same level. I mean, by LoE Kit was able to take out two MagnaGuards in seconds with four rotations of his saber.

He took out the MagnaGaurds about the same time that it took Mace to take out Grievous. That took more than a few seconds and 4 saber rotations, Im sure

Advent
Originally posted by Prodigal Knight
Now it'll be Kenobi and Maul vs. Anakin. I would say Anakin would kill Maul but then get stabbed by Obi-Wan in the process.

That doesn't make too much sense considering Maul is on the same team as Anakin.

Prodigal Knight
Sorry! Maul kills Kit and then it'll be Vader AND Maul vs. Obi-Wan, where Kenobi gets pwned. Sorry about that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.