what is cosplay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

evil_kidz
cosplay is whaen people dress up as their fave anime charactor... any questions?

ShinobiRikari
you scared me. I actually thought you didn't know.

means costume play

Takiko_4ever
Man...you sure scared me there 2!
Geez...
Here's a pics!

Lana
A LOT of people don't know what it is. It's not something that's exactly popular, well-known, or mainstream.

Cosplay is short for costume play, and is basically making and wearing costumes of characters you like. It's not at all restricted to anime.

ShinobiRikari
nope. i did HP one time.

KingDubya
I would like to cosplay as Lieutenant Colonel Maes Hughes from FMA, but I probably won't be finding or making a costume anytime soon...

I'd do that, too. stick out tongue

Phoenix Aska
Originally posted by evil_kidz
cosplay is whaen people dress up as their fave anime charactor... any questions?

uhhmm i have one...why did you ask the question when you already knew what the answer was?

KingDubya
Originally posted by Phoenix Aska
uhhmm i have one...why did you ask the question when you already knew what the answer was?
The thread is probably called "what is cosplay" as in "I'm going to explain cosplay to anyone who doesn't already know", not as a question.

Lana
Well, there IS a cosplay thread around here, that I started, I believe.

I've done quite a few cosplays....

Lenne from Final Fantasy X-2 (two versions)
Songstress Paine from FFX-2
Raine from FFVIII
Rabi~en~Rose from Di Gi Charat
Chii from Chobits (original designed dress)
Random Jedi from Star Wars

Those are just the ones that I've worn, I've made a few others.

evil_kidz
hey ummm.... could you show us some pics of you in them?

ShinobiRikari
OMG you did Chii? I want to see that picture.

Lana
Chii I didn't get any pictures in because one of my friends decided to try on my ears and broke them roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'll have to search around and see if I can find pics of all my stuff.

evil_kidz
awwwwwwww sob =(

Takiko_4ever
Well hope you get another pair!

Lana
I made mine, it took about 10 minutes and the stuff costs less than $2, so no big deal, I can easily make another pair stick out tongue

Takiko_4ever
Well good for you!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.