Qui-Gon vs. Kit Fisto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Not sure if this has been done before...

This is Kit Fisto as of ROTS, and Qui-Gon in the only movie we've seen him in.

The environment is the generator at Theed, Duel of the Fates territory.

Council#13
I think Kit, cause Qui-Gon wasnt exactly in his prime TPM

Darth_Glentract
Although Qui-gon was infact in his prime in TPM, Kit still wins. Council#13, Jedi don't decrease in power as the age.

Council#13
no expression Oh. Kit wins

overlord
Hmm.. I thought Qui-Gon was actually a pretty good duellist cited somewhere.

Council#13
he was a good duelist, i think

braz
dude, qui gon would take this..right? hes a jedi master and he trained obi wan...not that kit's not a jedi master too but still, kit's only lightsaber style is the 1st one which is the most basic and qui gon's mastered much more complex arts like artaru...

Se7in
In Cestus Deception (I think), Kit Fisto actually outperformed a Soresu-Mastered Obi-Wan. Qui-Gon's mastery of Ataru was limited, just because it was more advanced did not make it better. He had to solely rely on offense, watch the DOTF, he puts Maul on the defensive on the entire duel, and when forced to defend himself, he fails.

ssj3gohan007
yes but kit fisto is weaker than maul, sidious took him out without any effort.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by ssj3gohan007
yes but kit fisto is weaker than maul, sidious took him out without any effort.

That was a crappy fight and not a viable indicator of Kit's actual fighting ability. Any proof that Fisto is weaker than Maul seeing as Fisto defeated Obi-wan?

ssj3gohan007
What!?! he beat obi.....OMGZ

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Although Qui-gon was infact in his prime in TPM, Kit still wins. Council#13, Jedi don't decrease in power as the age.

Are you sure Glentract? Im not trying to say your wrong, its just that I read the TPM Novel and it says Qui-Gon was losing because he losing youth and etc.

ssj3gohan007
Well when you get older you can get exhausted faster, but your raw power dont decrease. unless your dark sider, then you never get tired

Darth_Glentract
The Novels are non-canon. If so, Luke Skywalker certainly hasn't gotten any weaker in his old age, nor did Mace(he was 53 in ROTS). Corran, who is 55 or so in DN also hasn't gotten any weaker. It doesn't make any sense that Qui-gon is the only person that got weaker with age(he was still training and such. If he hadn't done anything in a decade perhaps he would have gotten weaker, but not because of age but do to lack of practice).

ssj3gohan007
thats a valid point but also read what i said about old age making you tired unless your dark sider. Look at Qui-gon vs maul in tantooine, they only dueled for like 5 seconds or so and qui-gon was mad tired. He wasnt too weak or anything, he was just too exhausted to keep up with maul and he fell.

Shadow x 20

Okay Kit is on the council and? Qui-Gon would have been on the council if he didn't defy them so much. Qui-Gon is better then Kit as well as many of the council members.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Okay Kit is on the council and? Qui-Gon would have been on the council if he didn't defy them so much. Qui-Gon is better then Kit as well as many of the council members.

I did not imply that Kit is powerful because he is on the Council. I was speaking to the member "Council#13". Kit defeated Obi-wan, who was a good bit better than Qui-gon. Obi-wan in TPM was already approaching Qui-gon in skill.

Shadow x 20
I can't seem to find anything that said Kit defeated Obi-Wan. Mind telling me where you got that information from?

Darth_Glentract
Cestus Deception.

ssj3gohan007
yeh i am interested to know also

Darth_Glentract
Cestus Deception.

ssj3gohan007

ssj3gohan007
yes?

Darth_Glentract
It says it in there, near the beginning. That's my source. I can't say it any more clearly.

darthsith19
Qui-Gon wins. Barely. Why? For one thing he rivals TPM Mace as far as saber skills go. For another he'd have lasted alot longer than Kit had if he were the one to go with Mace to arrest Sidious. As a matter of fact, I'd be very surprised if he and Mace didn't end the Sith's life right there.

Darth_Glentract
You all are missing the fact that Qui-gon is weaker than Obi-wan and Obi-wan lost to Kit.

darthsith19
No, he was past his prime. It says so in the TPM novel. AndJedi don't get stronger when they get older. Yoda didn't, Obi-Wan didn't, Qui-Gon didn't. Just because Dooku did doesn't mean it's normal.

You get weaker when you get get alot older. Yoda did. Obi-Wan did. Mace wasn't that old. But when you get older you tire out easier. Your speed decreases. Therefor you are weaker.

Kit beats Obi-Wan in a sparring session but he's not much stronger. This is Obi-Wan 12 months after Geonosis. This isn't Kit then but in ROTS, where he proved himself weaker than Qui-Gon by being humialated by Sidious.

darthsith19
You all are missing the fact that Qui-gon is weaker than Obi-wan and Obi-wan lost to Kit.
Your missing the pnly point that's actually from the movies, that Kit got humiliated by Sidious.

Darth Faunus
That was a crappy fight and not a viable indicator of Kit's actual fighting ability. Any proof that Fisto is weaker than Maul seeing as Fisto defeated Obi-wan?

WTF? Kit never defeated Obi-Wan. He never even dueled him in TCD.

And btw, in reference to Se7in's post, Obi-Wan wasn't even close to a Soresu master as of Cestus Deception. It's barely a year into the war.

Darth_Glentract
Which was do to bad choreograpy. Is ANH Obi-wan weaker than AOTC Anakin since he fought more weakly? No, he isn't.

No, he was past his prime. It says so in the TPM novel. AndJedi don't get stronger when they get older. Yoda didn't, Obi-Wan didn't, Qui-Gon didn't. Just because Dooku did doesn't mean it's normal.

The TPM novels isn't canon. None of the ones except the ones written by GL are(actually none of them were physically written by him. He had others 'ghost write' the books but they are still technically by him.). There is no proof for Yoda's former level of power, so you can't use that. Obi-wan also probably gained power between ROTS and ANH as he kept studying the force.

You get weaker when you get get alot older. Yoda did. Obi-Wan did. Mace wasn't that old. But when you get older you tire out easier. Your speed decreases. Therefor you are weaker.

The Jedi have the force to help them and their mastery over that increases more quickly than their bodies decline. You have no proof that either Obi-wan or Yoda decreased in power.

Kit beats Obi-Wan in a sparring session but he's not much stronger. This is Obi-Wan 12 months after Geonosis. This isn't Kit then but in ROTS, where he proved himself weaker than Qui-Gon by being humialated by Sidious.

Look at how badly Qui-gon went down though. Maul wasn't nearly as powerful as Sidious and even with the help of Obi-wan he lost.

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Faunus
WTF? Kit never defeated Obi-Wan. He never even dueled him in TCD.

And btw, in reference to Se7in's post, Obi-Wan wasn't even close to a Soresu master as of Cestus Deception. It's barely a year into the war.

When exactly would Obi-wan have had time to train after that?

They dueled in the ship on the way to that planet they were going to, unless I am horribly mistaken.

Captain REX
You don't get stronger as you get older or decrease as you get older. It all has to do with potential and training and the individual and blah blah blah.

Darth_Glentract
They gain use of more of their potential though.

darthsith19
The movies are canon. You think ROTJ Yoda can beat AOTC Yoda? As for Obi-Wan, that's riduculous, if Obi-Wan in ANH is stronger than ROTS Obi-Wan he'd have pwnd Vader.

If Obi increased why didn't he kill Vader? If Yoda increased how come he didn't do anything? And the Force slows down the process but doesn't stop it.

Maul's strong. When Qui-Gon went down he was fighting one on one and was doing pretty well.

Captain REX
ROTJ Yoda is on his deathbed, so not a feasible arguement. stick out tongue

Obi-Wan's skill with a sword was went dropped, not his overall power. I have a feeling he was practicing his ties to the Force, rather than his swordsmanship.

Council#13

Obi never lost to kit, Obi just realized that kit was a better swordsman. they were doing a practice fight thingy. obi got better later on though

kingkman
Originally posted by Captain REX
You don't get stronger as you get older or decrease as you get older. It all has to do with potential and training and the individual and blah blah blah.

What are you talking about. From a young age as you grow older your body develops and as a result you get stronger. And once you reach old age your body starts to decline and so you get weaker.

kingkman
As time goes by, you make more use of your potential and get closer to your peak strength. This is helped with training and experience. And as you grow older you have seen a lot more and understand things a lot more and grow wiser.

Shadow x 20
I didn't see anything about Kit defeating Obi-Wan in starwars.com

Qui-Gon Jinn would defeat Kit Fisto because Qui-Gon is stronger in the force.

Council#13
Who brought Qui-Gon into this conversation?

Council#13

yeah, tell that to old Ben Kenobi cool

Kaithen
I think Qui Gon.... weeee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.