What if Thor comes back as a villain?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

long pig
Would you dig it, or would you suck?

Me? I'd dig it.

King_Mungi
I'd dig it, but he most likely would job to the heroes though.

Dizzle
Nah. It's hard to do the Asgardian talk and be really evil without being smart like Loki. Thor is much cooler as the righteous defender of Asgard. Or, barring that, just a righteous defender in general. He could come back as an antihero for a while though... Death of Sentry, anyone?

The Ion
He has to be different from the old Thor. No point in bringing him back if they're going to write him the same way.

Dizzle
Batman's been the same forever... Spiderman was, except now they're messing with him. Superman is still Superman. Powers and such don't really matter, it's what happens to them and how they deal with it using their powers.

Thor doesn't seem the type to just be evil, to me. They could make him a lot smarter, wise to the world and whatnot. I'm not saying he should necessarily be exactly the same, but I still think he should be a good guy.

The Ion
Originally posted by Dizzle
Batman's been the same forever... Spiderman was, except now they're messing with him. Superman is still Superman. Powers and such don't really matter, it's what happens to them and how they deal with it using their powers.

That's not what I'm saying. It's not that I don't think Classic Thor is interesting. It's that other people don't and that's what lead to his titles being constantly cancelled and revamped. Thor sells worse than Aquaman and all he's famous for is being a joke. If they bring back Thor in the classic manner he'd just be cancelled again and I hate to see that happen.

Psycho Ninja
He would be the new........ JOBBER !!!

roughrider
If he was more like the Thor of myth, he would be more arrogant and callous without being a villan. That Thor's standard way of dealing with any problem was to kill the closest thing to him! big grin But he was still loved and favoured by men of Midgard. Hmmm - this Thor wouldn't fit in with an Avengers squad.

Fishy 500
Originally posted by The Ion
That's not what I'm saying. It's not that I don't think Classic Thor is interesting. It's that other people don't and that's what lead to his titles being constantly cancelled and revamped. Thor sells worse than Aquaman and all he's famous for is being a joke. If they bring back Thor in the classic manner he'd just be cancelled again and I hate to see that happen.

Agreed

Silly Costume !
Silly Haircut !
Silly Lines !
Silly stories !
Too many powers

Cool bad guys .... but thats about it

Revamp will need to very different and original , i.e. simillar to Ultimate Thor. He could be Marvels equivalent of Orion .

His popularity on this forum is due to his superman esque role on the Avengers ! Everyone secretly wishes that Superman would transfer from DC to Marvel. I think Sentry has a lot of potential ... but probably not with Bendis in charge ! smile

roughrider
Thor had an uninteruppted run on his book for nearly 40 years - longer than any Aquaman book. He was not constantly cancelled and brought back. This is a first for him.

ScarletSpider
I'd like him to stay a hero, but be a bit more of the warrior he boasts to be. Warriors smash people in the faces with hammers and don't care if they get back up.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.