What is tough?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KharmaDog
Here in the OTF I've seen a number of members mouth off about how tough and how baddass they are. Naturally most of these members are kids or people with very little self esteem trying to hopefully impress others.

First thing, declaring you are a bad mofo on the internet is about as lame as one can get, and by that action negates any possibility of you being said mofo.

Tough isn't bashing the face of any and all who oppose you. That's being a violent and antisocial *sshole.

Being tough means being able to do the right thing, and continuing to perservere, no matter what those around you to do you, say about you or subject you to in order to cease you from your course.

Being tough means being knocked down time and time again, and getting back up not because you want to prove something, but because it is the right and proper thing to do.

Being tough is to be wise enough to acknowledge that, often times, actions speak louder than words, and that inaction and moments where you yourself are humbled or disparaged must be endured in order that greater things may take precedent.

So if you want to keep beating your chest and telling people what a badass you really are, feel free, just don't think that you are being tough.

Council#13
sleep1

BakaXero
my mum says im coolno expression

TwisterGameX
http://ultimatecomics.free.fr/ultimate_xmen/images/Ultimate_X-Men_Wolverine.jpg

Council#13
I'll box you good Kharmadog! sleep1

xyz jedi
Raz is tough

xyz jedi
tough is a combination of hard and strong.

Spideys Sister
I'm the most bad ass chica on KMC. I beat up a football player and took his spot on the team. They never lost again. eek!

KharmaDog
Originally posted by xyz jedi
tough is a combination of hard and strong.

Do you believe it's as simple as that? If so, is a big muscular guy who can bench alot of weight tough becuase he likes to beat up anyone he comes across, even people smaller than himself, tough? He would be by your definition.

TwisterGameX
tough
(adjective) 1 a : strong or firm in texture but flexible and not brittle; b : not easily chewed; 2 : GLUTINOUS , STICKY ; 3 : characterized by severity or uncompromising determination; 4 : capable of enduring strain, hardship, or severe labor; 5 : very hard to influence : STUBBORN ; 6 : difficult to accomplish, resolve, endure, or deal with <a tough question> < tough luck>; 7 : stubbornly fought <a tough contest>; 8 : UNRULY , ROWDYISH ; 9 : marked by absence of softness or sentimentality
tough
(adverb) : in a tough manner <talks tough and insensitively -- A. E. Stevenson died 1965>
tough
(transitive verb) : to bear unflinchingly : ENDURE -- usually used with out especially in the phrase tough it out

Imperial_Samura
I agree with you KharmaDog, being tough, in the context of people and how they interact with each other, is more then just image, or some guy thinking he's all that because he can throw a punch with no reason, without thinking. It's very much what was said in the first post. It's more then just thuggish attitude and stand over tactics. Moral fibre. Emotional strength. A strong will. A desire and drive to do what needs to be done. Inner strength, mental toughness. Just being able to pick fights and talk hard doesn't capture the whole thing.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Here in the OTF I've seen a number of members mouth off about how tough and how baddass they are. Naturally most of these members are kids or people with very little self esteem trying to hopefully impress others.

First thing, declaring you are a bad mofo on the internet is about as lame as one can get, and by that action negates any possibility of you being said mofo.

Tough isn't bashing the face of any and all who oppose you. That's being a violent and antisocial *sshole.

Being tough means being able to do the right thing, and continuing to perservere, no matter what those around you to do you, say about you or subject you to in order to cease you from your course.

Being tough means being knocked down time and time again, and getting back up not because you want to prove something, but because it is the right and proper thing to do.

Being tough is to be wise enough to acknowledge that, often times, actions speak louder than words, and that inaction and moments where you yourself are humbled or disparaged must be endured in order that greater things may take precedent.

So if you want to keep beating your chest and telling people what a badass you really are, feel free, just don't think that you are being tough. If you got it then you don't have to flex it, its the quiet ones I worry about...

Jedi Priestess

So if you want to keep beating your chest and telling people what a badass you really are, feel free, just don't think that you are being tough.

thumbsup altho you do realise these people wont even "get" your post dont you?

Lana
Of course they won't.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
thumbsup altho you do realise these people wont even "get" your post dont you?

I know, but I gotta try. wink

eggmayo
F00L what you chattin'?

wow, I can't even do sarcastic gangsta right erm

Ronny
But I am a hard core badass sad

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by Ronny
But I am a hard core badass sad

With bunny slippers and a sippy cup. eek!

Ronny
I love that sippy cup miffed and how else am I supposed to keep my feet warm? huh?

TwisterGameX
I love that sippy cup miffed and how else am I supposed to keep my feet warm? huh?

I love that sippy cup too droolio

doh You are right. There is no other way to keep your feet warm bunny bunny

Ronny
Exactly. Dont question my authority

TwisterGameX
Exactly. Dont question my authority

Sorry. It won't happen again embarrasment

Ronny
You mean, it wont happen again stick out tongue

TwisterGameX
You mean, it wont happen again stick out tongue

Thats what I said shifty

Snoopbert

So if you want to keep beating your chest and telling people what a badass you really are, feel free, just don't think that you are being tough. Who wants me to name off members who aren't tough?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Snoopbert
Who wants me to name off members who aren't tough?

This could get pretty ugly.

Ronny
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Thats what I said shifty Last edited by TwisterGameX on Today at 09:57 AM disgust

Deano

dont worry about it, jeez. does it really matter?

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Deano
dont worry about it, jeez. does it really matter?

Maybe not as much as lizard people ruling the world, but it is annoying.

TwisterGameX
Last edited by TwisterGameX on Today at 09:57 AM disgust

laughing out loud

whistle

eggmayo
laughing

Vathu

That was too long to read.. no expression

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Vathu

Stop doing that.

Please people, stop acting as if reading is a dramatic chore.

-AC

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Vathu

Maybe you just have a minute attention span.

If you are not going to take the time to respond to a post, it seems kind of foolish to take the time to respond to something you are too lazy to read just to tell us all that you are too lazy to read.

Bloigen
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Stop doing that.

Please people, stop acting as if reading is a dramatic chore.

-AC

Can't be bothered reading that either. stick out tongue

Sir Whirlysplat
jplatinum or JP nuff respect!!!

Check this thread dog - gangsta

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=371111

Typical JP on beating up "Superheroes"

Originally posted by jplatinum
postin' this anyway.

Hate only makes me stronger, bi-aooottch!

Batman:"Alfred, I knew all these styles of martial-arts, but I just wasn't fast enough for him. I threw a punch and he blocked it and countered as quickly as I had thrown it, I barely saw his fist, his reflexes were like Bruce Lee, everytime I blinked he hit me all I saw was him standing there, and I felt punches, but couldn't see them.

I threw a kick, but he caught it, and as I tried to come around with a reverse he just threw caught my other leg and threw me into the wall.

I got up staggered only to see him rush in, I attempted to counter him by throwing a punch, which he blocked and jab me like 5 or 6 times before I could even react.

The punches felt like being hit by sledgehammers.

After about 2 minutes, my head was swelling like it wanted to explode.

I tried desperatley for one last assault by rushing in and flipping over him, but he just hit me while I was in mid flipp.
I don't remember much after that.

Only him walkin' off as I blacked out.

DaCanadianMoose

If you're tough, you don't have to say it...telling everyone is called Empty Bravado to cover for the fact that you're a lilly livered pussy.

Bloigen
Originally posted by DaCanadianMoose
If you're tough, you don't have to say it...telling everyone is called Empty Bravado to cover for the fact that you're a lilly livered pussy.

Thanks.

KharmaDog

jplatinum or JP nuff respect!!!

Oh, JP, how we miss your nonsense.

Isn't that what I said in a round about way?

JacopeX

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

DaCanadianMoose

Isn't that what I said in a round about way?

I was translating for the moron section, sorry.

KharmaDog
I was translating for the moron section, sorry.

O.K., sorry about that.

I also would keep it on the down low that you're fluent in 'moron'. People might talk. Although that is a useful skill to have around here.

And Jaco, finding humour in that only further exposes you as a complete idiot.

Sir Whirlysplat

True enough but the Ali v Lee thread still produces some hilarious moments of......... "Kung Fu mayhem" laughing

DaCanadianMoose
O.K., sorry about that.

I also would keep it on the down low that you're fluent in 'moron'. People might talk. Although that is a useful skill to have around here.

And Jaco, finding humour in that only further exposes you as a complete idiot.

*salutes backwards* Aye Aye Larry.

Snoopbert
This could get pretty ugly. Well? Yes or no? laughing out loud

KharmaDog
Well? Yes or no? laughing out loud

Heck, sure, go ahead

Snoopbert
Heck, sure, go ahead Everyone on the forums, including me, the Mods, Raz, you, AC, JP, Lana, everyone.

PVS
IM TOUGH!!!!

ILL KICK ALL YOUR ASSES!!!!!

DONT PISS ME OFF OR I'LL HIT THESE KEYS REALLY REALY HARD!!!!!!!!

JacopeX
Originally posted by PVS
IM TOUGH!!!!

ILL KICK ALL YOUR ASSES!!!!!

DONT PISS ME OFF OR I'LL HIT THESE KEYS REALLY REALY HARD!!!!!!!! ....aiight? I dont really care cuz i cant see you type hard anyway

PVS
Originally posted by JacopeX
....aiight? I dont really care cuz i cant see you type hard anyway

swing and a miss

tabby999
HE IS OUTATHERE! and yes, there are lots of people here in need of some clarification of 'tough,' being 16 and typing how you bash people for fun (however true it really is) isn't tough. but much like i think Lana said, people who act that way aren't going to get this thread. i think jacopeX showed us this with a fine demonstration of ignorance

Sir Whirlysplat
And the age/experience thing is one of the most amusing aspects of KMC - reading some younger posters makes me smile. Like this smile

Snoopbert
Some of the older ones are funny too.

Sir Whirlysplat
Some of the older ones are funny too.

Oh yes they are smile

Lana
Originally posted by tabby999
HE IS OUTATHERE! and yes, there are lots of people here in need of some clarification of 'tough,' being 16 and typing how you bash people for fun (however true it really is) isn't tough. but much like i think Lana said, people who act that way aren't going to get this thread. i think jacopeX showed us this with a fine demonstration of ignorance

Actually, JP said it first; I just agreed with her.

Deano

that was funny. i cant believe u think lizard people rule the world. your delusional

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Deano
that was funny. i cant believe u think lizard people rule the world. your delusional

Actually I don't Deano, only a mental deficient would believe Icke and his theories. You know the theories I'm talking about? The ones that you continually posted as fact.

Jedi Priestess
Im so confused, which JP are we talking about here? blink Oh wait nevermind I clicked the link.....YIKES

And I would have bet money that JacopeX ( aka in his mind, I am gangsta god ) would show up to post in here. roll eyes (sarcastic) Just like Id put money on the fact that if he were confronted with a remote sense of personal danger he'd run home to mommy. yes

Snoopbert
All of them I guess, thereare a lot with your initials I've noticed.

Jedi Priestess
I know and its a damn shame. sad

Snoopbert

Jedi Priestess
eh thats ok, Ive had this forever and Im sticking with it, I was going to shorten it to just JP a couple of months ago, but the damn board wont let me sad .

Snoopbert

Sir Whirlysplat
Their is only one true JP we have threads on the great one in the comics forum, still the funniest threads ever. JP v Batman and Daredevil is a classic.

Jedi Priestess
uh no no

Snoopbert
confused

Inspectah Deck

*cough*Jacope*cough*

KmcKarma
I dont give a **** what any of you say, I am Badass

Snoopbert
laughing

Black Rob

So if you want to keep beating your chest and telling people what a badass you really are, feel free, just don't think that you are being tough. It's so lame when people talk about how badass they are

CUZ I'M THE BADDEST N*GGA 'ROUND THESE PARTS MUTHAF*CKA!!!2guns

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Black Rob
It's so lame when people talk about how badass they are

CUZ I'M THE BADDEST N*GGA 'ROUND THESE PARTS MUTHAF*CKA!!!2guns

Rob you remeber JP you cannot match him

PVS
YOU AINT NOTHIN!!!! I SEEN YOU ALL SCARED WHEN MY CREW BE ROLLIN UP ON YA!!!!! THUG LIFE!!!!!!!! FO REAL BITCHES!!!!!!

laughing out loud

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Rob you remeber JP you cannot match him laughing out loud

Black Rob
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Rob you remeber JP you cannot match him F*ck JP,he can't touch medance

Black Rob
Originally posted by PVS
YOU AINT NOTHIN!!!! I SEEN YOU ALL SCARED WHEN MY CREW BE ROLLIN UP ON YA!!!!! THUG LIFE!!!!!!!! FO REAL BITCHES!!!!!!

laughing out loud I am deeply offended. I do not appreciate your mockery of the stereotypical african american male

NOW WHERE'S MY HOES AT!??!?!?!pimp

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Black Rob
I am deeply offended. I do not appreciate your mockery of the stereotypical african american male

NOW WHERE'S MY HOES AT!??!?!?!pimp

laughing classic

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by KmcKarma

roll eyes (sarcastic) you wouldnt know badass if it bit you ON the ass

Spearhead

is that what your parents tell you?

Snoopbert
Originally posted by Spearhead
is that what your parents tell you? laughing Nice one, Jeremy.

PVS
mommy's little badass love

Lana

Sorry, but I think it's time for you to wake up to reality and realize that your little dream world isn't real.

KmcKarma
Originally posted by Lana
Sorry, but I think it's time for you to wake up to reality and realize that your little dream world isn't real.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Snoopbert
roll eyes (sarcastic) She's right, don't roll your eyes dreamer.

KmcKarma
I am proberly more hardcore than most of you happy

Snoopbert
I am proberly more hardcore than most of you happy You're on a movie forum you 12 year old.

Lana
I am proberly more hardcore than most of you happy

Grow up, you're the epitome of lameness.

KmcKarma
You're on a movie forum you 12 year old.

Exactly big grin I am 20 and pretty much only use my stepdads computer to go to this site,When I am not on here and not at work, I am hardcore smile

KmcKarma
I am not saying I am a gangsta or anything like that........but I do get in a lot of fights not as much as I used to though, I have also hit a guy with a baseball bat, and punched a taxi driver in the face smile I have snorted speed,had ectasy gone to raves been in the same car with a fairly big speed dealer who carries guns.All I am saying is that I am proberly Bad ass compered to most of the people who use this forum.

KharmaDog
I am not saying I am a gangsta or anything like that........but I do get in a lot of fights not as much as I used to though, I have also hit a guy with a baseball bat, and punched a taxi driver in the face smile I have snorted speed,had ectasy gone to raves been in the same car with a fairly big speed dealer who carries guns.All I am saying is that I am proberly Bad ass compered to most of the people who use this forum.

I see the mistake, you have mistaken being an assh*le for being a badass. Simple mistake really, you just didn't know better.

Mindship
Getting up Monday morning.

KharmaDog
Apparently pm'ing me this message makes KmcKarma feel like he's being badass:

Wow, using the PM feature really makes you a badass, my mistake. (that was sarcasm, just to let you know)

Lana
NO one here thinks he's badass roll eyes (sarcastic)

KmcKarma
Apparently pm'ing me this message makes KmcKarma feel like he's being badass:

Wow, using the PM feature really makes you a badass, my mistake. (that was sarcasm, just to let you know)

smile Just asking a question as I would be interested in your reply as to what you write when other members can not see it.

KmcKarma
I am not saying I am a gangsta or anything like that........but I do get in a lot of fights not as much as I used to though, I have also hit a guy with a baseball bat, and punched a taxi driver in the face I have snorted speed,had ectasy gone to raves been in the same car with a fairly big speed dealer who carries guns.All I am saying is that I am proberly Bad ass compered to most of the people who use this forum.

Like I said more bad ass than most of you

PVS
i disagree lana

i think he's a complete dumbass.

oh wait i misread your post

sorry embarrasment

Solo
**** you, I'm edge.

http://www.poisonfree.com/uploads/RTEmagicC_5cb499dae1.jpg.jpgp

Lana
I am not saying I am a gangsta or anything like that........but I do get in a lot of fights not as much as I used to though, I have also hit a guy with a baseball bat, and punched a taxi driver in the face I have snorted speed,had ectasy gone to raves been in the same car with a fairly big speed dealer who carries guns.All I am saying is that I am proberly Bad ass compered to most of the people who use this forum.

Doing drugs and beating people up does not make one a badass. It makes them a dumbass. There is a difference.

KharmaDog
smile Just asking a question as I would be interested in your reply as to what you write when other members can not see it.

I would reply to you in PM as I reply to you here as I would reply to you if I were standing in front of you.

You sir, are a dumbass, not a badass.

KmcKarma
Doing drugs and beating people up does not make one a badass. It makes them a dumbass. There is a difference.

Tell me you would not want to go on a night out with me rock

Solo

I'm sure, but yet you hang out on here.

You're one drug-dealing, hardcore, gangster-ass, Internet loving mother ****er aren't you?

Lana
Tell me you would not want to go on a night out with me rock

I wouldn't go anywhere near you. I have too much self-respect for myself and you fall far short of my standards.

KmcKarma
I would reply to you in PM as I reply to you here as I would reply to you if I were standing in front of you.

You sir, are a dumbass, not a badass.

If you were standing in front of me, I doubt you would say I am a Dumbass wink

And if you were one of those rare guys that are dumb enough to say it to my face...........you would not have a face for a couple of weeks big grin

I also have A.D.D so when I get in a fight I am a hyperactive son of a *****

Solo
Real hardcore mother ****ers don't spend their time on messege boards talking about being a hardcore mother ****er.

KmcKarma
I wouldn't go anywhere near you. I have too much self-respect for myself and you fall far short of my standards.

You would be suprised wink

Lana
You would be suprised wink

More like you would.

Sorry, but I wouldn't be caught dead with someone who's idea of a good time is getting plastered and pissing in people's mailboxes and pretending to be some internet thug.

Seriously, get the **** over yourself. You're neither big nor bad; you're nothing but a laughingstock of KMC.

KmcKarma
Originally posted by Solo
Real hardcore mother ****ers don't spend their time on messege boards talking about being a hardcore mother ****er.

Like I said I am not a gangsta and totally agree with you smile Which is why I am trying to explain I am Bad ass compered to most of the people on here.

I have nothing better to do at the moment.

Solo
Karma, you are such a fake. You're probably some thirteen-year-old dumbass kid with no pubic hair, who's idea of a fun time is playing Halo 2 for four hours straight.

You're all talk, kid.

KmcKarma
More like you would.

Sorry, but I wouldn't be caught dead with someone who's idea of a good time is getting plastered and pissing in people's mailboxes.

I wouldn't do that if I were with a girl laughing out loud

Solo
I have nothing better to do at the moment.
More like all day, you've been on for three hours.

KmcKarma
Karma, you are such a fake. You're probably some thirteen-year-old dumbass kid with no pubic hair, who's idea of a fun time is playing Halo 2 for four hours straight.

You're all talk, kid.

Halo what? confused

laughing out loud Had to laugh at the 13 yr old with no pube comment wink

Lana
I wouldn't do that if I were with a girl laughing out loud

That doesn't matter. The fact that you think it's fun at all means you're too stupid and immature for me to even give you a single glance.

KmcKarma
More like all day, you've been on for three hours.

roll eyes (sarcastic) You counting,

It is the HOLIDAYS man roll eyes (sarcastic) Hell even A hardcore pill poppin weed smokin Bad ass has time to kill roll eyes (sarcastic)

Solo
No comebacks, as expected. All you do is talk about what I originally said, dragging out the conversation so you can eventually leave and ignore my "thirteen-year-old" statement.

Solo
roll eyes (sarcastic) You counting,

It is the HOLIDAYS man roll eyes (sarcastic) Hell even A hardcore pill poppin weed smokin Bad ass has time to kill roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is it a coincedence that you logged on at 2:40 P.M., the time school usually ends?

Still attending grade school, eh?

KmcKarma
That doesn't matter. The fact that you think it's fun at all means you're too stupid and immature for me to even give you a single glance.

Honestly, I can act quite mature around girls if I want to.

Like I said, ''You would be suprised'' wink

Lana
Honestly, I can act quite mature around girls if I want to.

Like I said, ''You would be suprised'' wink

And like I said, it still doesn't matter.

Besides, I thought I was boring and you don't like me because I *gasp* am able to have fun without doing drugs and getting wasted?

KmcKarma
Is it a coincedence that you logged on at 2:40 P.M., the time school usually ends?

Still attending grade school, eh?

laughing out loud Dude your stupid, whatever time it is in your country does not mean shit in my country laughing

laughing What a dumbass!

Solo
What country are you in, friend?

Chances are, I'm a citizen of the same one.

KharmaDog
If you were standing in front of me, I doubt you would say I am a Dumbass wink

And if you were one of those rare guys that are dumb enough to say it to my face...........you would not have a face for a couple of weeks big grin

I also have A.D.D so when I get in a fight I am a hyperactive son of a *****

Yes, internet tough guy. Whatever.

KmcKarma
And like I said, it still doesn't matter.

Besides, I thought I was boring and you don't like me because I *gasp* am able to have fun without doing drugs and getting wasted?

wink Opposites attract I think...........Lately I am falling for all the good girls sad

KmcKarma
What country are you in, friend?

Chances are, I'm a citizen of the same one.

Australia big grin

Lana
wink Opposites attract I think...........Lately I am falling for all the good girls sad

I'm one of the cases where opposites DON'T attract.

Solo
Australia big grin

Really? So am I!

KmcKarma
I'm one of the cases where opposites DON'T attract.

laughing out loud I honestly think if you did not know I was Kmcdude and came up and started a conversation with you, I could suck you in for at least half an hour before you realize I am a jerk..........then again who knows smile

Solo
So now that we're from the same country, and here in Mackay class ends at 2:40 P.M. or so, you'll admit to being thirteen?

KmcKarma
Really? So am I!

No your not big grin Cause it is 1:51 in the afternoon here eek!

Lana
laughing out loud I honestly think if you did not know I was Kmcdude and came up and started a conversation with you, I could suck you in for at least half an hour before you realize I am a jerk..........then again who knows smile

And I doubt it. I can sense a bullshitter a mile off.

Solo
No your not big grin Cause it is 1:51 in the afternoon here eek!

I never said I still go to grade school sad

KmcKarma
And I doubt it. I can sense a bullshitter a mile off.

smile I am not a bullshitter, I just simply can act more nice and mature then I am.

Lana
smile I am not a bullshitter, I just simply can act more nice and mature then I am.

Meaning you're acting, and therefore are bullshitting.

I'm not an idiot, nor a fool.

KmcKarma
Meaning you're acting, and therefore are bullshitting.

I'm not an idiot, nor a fool.

wink I know that

KharmaDog

I doubt it, with the mentality that you're displaying I doubt you can tie your own shoes. I'm actually spellbound that someone with your obvious intellectual limitations can actually type.

KmcKarma
I doubt it, with the mentality that you're displaying I doubt you can tie your own shoes. I'm actually spellbound that someone with your obvious intellectual limitations can actually type.

laughing out loud If only half of you knew how stupid you were wink

KharmaDog
laughing out loud If only half of you knew how stupid you were wink

If that isn't the stupid pot calling the kettle stupid.

I hazard to guess that you are not as intelligent as you think.

Lana
Says the forum laughingstock.

KmcKarma
Says the forum laughingstock.

rock Hell yeah

Revernd Maynard
laughing out loud If only half of you knew how stupid you were wink why?...please, explain hmm enlighten me on how "stupid" i am

Snoopbert
Says the forum laughingstock. laughing

bogen
getting kicked in the head, getting up and kicking back.

KmcKarma
Originally posted by bogen
getting kicked in the head, getting up and kicking back.

laughing out loud No, thats just being lucky you did not get knocked the **** out.

bogen
not true, if you go to an anyway decent club you can temoraroly shake off concution

KmcKarma
Originally posted by bogen
not true, if you go to an anyway decent club you can temoraroly shake off concution

Sorry is that your 5 yr old sister or you typing?

bogen
now, who's getting petty?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.