The Enduring Myth of Heaven

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

T.V.O.T.I.
How do you explain the enduring myth of Heaven? A place no one can prove exists. So many find comfort in the idea of a Heaven. There are many varying beliefs on how to get there and what form we will enter Heaven once we reach it. Heaven has been described as a place that has no level of tiers. There no will feel like the lesser to another. If that is so, then surely everybody touches someone before moving from this plain of existence. I have often wondered what happens to the love that we experience in life after we die. Does it fade after we're gone or can we take it with us as we ascend the ladder of angel? Perhaps love is always there, always felt, just in a different form. What of the martyrs who fight in proverbial "Holy" wars and those labeled by society as sinners? Are they offered the same paradise with flowing rivers of desire? Or will they spend eternity in the hottest of flames? What of those who claim to be "born again?" Some could argue that we are born again with every breath we take. What we are may never change, but who can deny with any conviction that who we are never stops changing? Much of what defines us are our thoughts and perceptions. There are a great number of individuals who say they have brought back with them from near death a piece of Heaven. Skeptics write their experiences off as just delusions of a dying mind. Merely images of relevance. No matter how diverse their views, those who believe in Heaven have similar descriptions of what Heaven will be like. An eternal place of happiness where a sense of welcome and and peace reside. A place without fear, mourning and suffering. Whether Heaven exists or not it's an idea that affects us all in some capacity.

- the lovable adorable Mario =]

PVS
there is a religion forum you know...

botankus
Dude, I thought you'd been here long enough to know that there's a Religion Forum

T.V.O.T.I.
I am not religious. I was rambling on. erm

Tha C-Master
Its all faith, give me awhile and I'll tell you how I come to where I am...

Shakyamunison
Heaven is not a place we go after we die. Heaven is a state of being, here in our lives. There ten states of being (worlds) and heaven is just one of them.

debbiejo
Heaven to me is more than what is portrayed in scripture. It's the place that we return to, and from where we came from. It may not be up in space, or the sky, but may be in another dimension type thing, or vibrational field. It is also a state of total unconditional love here, If you experience that...It where you mind is also....But as for a place...I guess we'll see.......

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.