Superman VS. Colossus, the Thing, Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eternalfury
Superman VS. Colossus, the Thing, Hercules

Superman can only use his strength, no other powers...

WHO WINS......

DrDoom101
Which Hercules is this? If it's mortal, he takes them all out.

roughrider
Colossus and the Thing are no problem. Strength alone, it's a challenge against Hercules, especially if it's Immortal Herc - a great grappler. If Peter and Ben can tire Kal enough, he could lose. If not, then Kal could take it 6/10, maybe more.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by DrDoom101
Which Hercules is this? If it's mortal, he takes them all out.

Are you saying mortal Herc > immortal Herc? What the f**k?

Anyway, thing goes out with a punch, Colossus will probably last more, but the nasty part is Colossus who is a good fighter and Hercules who is an incredibly awesome fighter fighting Superman 2 vs. 1. He might have a lot of trouble. Can't decide if he'll win or lose the majority, but he's gonna have a hard time.

On a sidenote: I really dislike threads that take out character's powers. And just so that it's clear, if Superman had all his powers i wouldn't even think twice about him beating the crap out of all three of them.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
Are you saying mortal Herc > immortal Herc? What the f**k?

Anyway, thing goes out with a punch, Colossus will probably last more, but the nasty part is Colossus who is a good fighter and Hercules who is an incredibly awesome fighter fighting Superman 2 vs. 1. He might have a lot of trouble. Can't decide if he'll win or lose the majority, but he's gonna have a hard time.

On a sidenote: I really dislike threads that take out character's powers. And just so that it's clear, if Superman had all his powers i wouldn't even think twice about him beating the crap out of all three of them.

Agreed, on all counts.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Agreed, on all counts.

big grin If (and that's a big if) the two (herc and col.) win, they'll most likely be somewhat beaten up and they'll surely remember the fight though.

Eternalfury
It's immortal Herc

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Eternalfury
It's immortal Herc

Still not convinced they'd beat him, but they have a pretty good chance.

cybermaster
superman doesnt have a chance at all 3 of them at once. especially hercules.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by cybermaster
superman doesnt have a chance at all 3 of them at once. especially hercules.

And why is that? confused

olympian
Only strenght used?

immortal Herc alone is a handfull. Even current who is close to that level would give troubles. And he even has help here?

The team wins.

cybermaster
And why is that? confused there powers and strength of course. he can take on each one one at a time but not all together.

ZephroCarnelian
Originally posted by cybermaster
there powers and strength of course. he can take on each one one at a time but not all together.

The only person with strength that Supes will even notice is Hercules.

He'll rip the other two to shreds with no effort. Heck - he could flick them off the planet.

Now immortal Herc is a bit more of a problem cos he has strength on par with Supes.

I doubt his durability is as good, but Supes always seems to have more trouble hurting 'magically imbued' characters such as Thor, Cap Marvel, WW etc. So I'd think he might have a little difficulty here too.

Still - Supes is invulnerable compared to Thing and Collossus and still very tough against the magically imbued fists of Herc.

I'd say, if the team play it very cool and plan things out, they could take a good 5-6/10.

------------------------------

PS - I hate this kinda thread too... big grin

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by olympian
Only strenght used?

immortal Herc alone is a handfull. Even current who is close to that level would give troubles. And he even has help here?

The team wins.

Hercules would be a handful IMO more because of his skill than his strength. Sure, he's incredibly awesome and would be taken notice of, but it's his skill that tells him apart from most other heavyhitters. And even so, he has fought Namor to a standstill (both holding back, i'm aware), and that doesn't really impress me when it comes to fighting a guy that can drag the planet as opposed to dragging manhattan.
He would indeed be the most trouble, and it's him being in this team that influences the outcome most. I agree. But i'm not sold on the team winning just yet.

olympian
Immortal Herc durability is very good. Not as good as Superman but :

- took one blast from Korvac and was still standing to attack him while Thor (first and only blast he took) was pushed to the ground.

- took Arkon`s attack better than Wman did.

- punches from savage Hulk to no damage.

- perhaps one of the most notable, taking Mjolnir shots of a mad controlled Thor that wer meant to kill him and survived.

More than one in fact, in the back of his head.

- took and survived blasts from Warlock with his gem iirc. Altho i suspect Herc was in berserk mode and his durability was increased.

Just some examples.

"And even so, he has fought Namor to a standstill (both holding back, i'm aware)?

Namor fresh out of water is top tier. Its after being out for sometime it fades out.

There is no way you beat Abomination and Savage Hulk twice and not being top tier. Thats a myth with no foundation.

-as long- of course he regains his water source strenght.

"and that doesn't really impress me when it comes to fighting a guy that can drag the planet as opposed to dragging manhattan"

Superman at regular levels doesnt drag planets. Not with strenght alone.

Not to mention he has alot more low showings of that nature than immortal Herc does (only one that im aware).

cybermaster
Originally posted by ZephroCarnelian
The only person with strength that Supes will even notice is Hercules.

He'll rip the other two to shreds with no effort. Heck - he could flick them off the planet.

Now immortal Herc is a bit more of a problem cos he has strength on par with Supes.

I doubt his durability is as good, but Supes always seems to have more trouble hurting 'magically imbued' characters such as Thor, Cap Marvel, WW etc. So I'd think he might have a little difficulty here too.

Still - Supes is invulnerable compared to Thing and Collossus and still very tough against the magically imbued fists of Herc.

I'd say, if the team play it very cool and plan things out, they could take a good 5-6/10.

------------------------------

PS - I hate this kinda thread too... big grin of course hercules would probably get a good shot at him big time. but its always better if u have others back u up. but he usually doesnt need that.

Dark Urizen
Immortal Herc durability is very good. Not as good as Superman but :

- took one blast from Korvac and was still standing to attack him while Thor (first and only blast he took) was pushed to the ground.

- took Arkon`s attack better than Wman did.

- punches from savage Hulk to no damage.

- perhaps one of the most notable, taking Mjolnir shots of a mad controlled Thor that wer meant to kill him and survived.

More than one in fact, in the back of his head.

- took and survived blasts from Warlock with his gem iirc. Altho i suspect Herc was in berserk mode and his durability was increased.

Just some examples.

"And even so, he has fought Namor to a standstill (both holding back, i'm aware)?

Namor fresh out of water is top tier. Its after being out for sometime it fades out.

There is no way you beat Abomination and Savage Hulk twice and not being top tier. Thats a myth with no foundation.

-as long- of course he regains his water source strenght.

"and that doesn't really impress me when it comes to fighting a guy that can drag the planet as opposed to dragging manhattan"

Superman at regular levels doesnt drag planets. Not with strenght alone.

Not to mention he has alot more low showings of that nature than immortal Herc does (only one that im aware).

Nice examples. Superman took the equivalent of 1 million nuclear blasts, the explosion of the sun-eater, the mageddon mechanism, etc. etc.

Yes, i'm aware of what an impressive foe Namor is when freshly out of water, however, DC's awesome respect thread and all, i still don't see Namor anywhere near Superman-like strength except when he's in water, and not even always.

No, you're right, sometimes he pushes them a la Warworld stick out tongue

Still not convinced they can defeat them. Not convinced HE can beat them either though.

The Ion
This is Supes Vs Immortal Herc. Thing and Colossus get wrecked easy. Herc has more skill but Supes is stronger and more durable. I say they split 5/10.

hoorayforpeepee
superman's high-end durability feats are in a way PIS. For instance, if it wasn't for the Mageddon Warhead being "anti-sunlight" (WTF?), then Superman wouldn't have been able to absorb it and would of been atomized along with the galaxy.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by hoorayforpeepee
superman's high-end durability feats are in a way PIS. For instance, if it wasn't for the Mageddon Warhead being "anti-sunlight" (WTF?), then Superman wouldn't have been able to absorb it and would of been atomized along with the galaxy.

What about the other durability feats?

olympian
"Yes, i'm aware of what an impressive foe Namor is when freshly out of water, however, DC's awesome respect thread and all, i still don't see Namor anywhere near Superman-like strength except when he's in water, and not even always"

Nothing to do with respects threads or anythings. Its in the comics.

And someone who can ko Savage Hulk isent anywhere near Superman`s strenght? Since when.

"No, you're right, sometimes he pushes them a la Warworld "

I know im right. He did that after being sundipped, he wasent at regular levels.

As an example he also tried to move Earth with help and couldnt. At Regular levels.

Same way with all star Superman. Yes the arm bench was impressive.

After getting his strenght trippled by a sundip.

Dark Urizen
"Yes, i'm aware of what an impressive foe Namor is when freshly out of water, however, DC's awesome respect thread and all, i still don't see Namor anywhere near Superman-like strength except when he's in water, and not even always"

Nothing to do with respects threads or anythings. Its in the comics.

And someone who can ko Savage Hulk isent anywhere near Superman`s strenght? Since when.

"No, you're right, sometimes he pushes them a la Warworld "

I know im right. He did that after being sundipped, he wasent at regular levels.

As an example he also tried to move Earth with help and couldnt. At Regular levels.

Same way with all star Superman. Yes the arm bench was impressive.

After getting his strenght trippled by a sundip.

Yes, and the respect thread emphasizes the feats from the comic books, organizing them.........i agreed to that......don't see the point confused

Great feats, knocking out the Hulk. Still not as consistent issue-to-issue as Superman's though.

the warworld comment was me being a smartass roll eyes (sarcastic) that's why there was a smilie after the sentence dummy stick out tongue

Hercules doesn't get the same kind of attention that Supes has gotten and still gets. I suppose that's why i don't feel like his strength, while awesome, isn't near Superman's.

I feel like there's a big gap between the two both durability and strength-wise. Hercules makes up for some of that with his skill, and the fact that Colossus is also there only improves the odds.

But i'm not sure if they can take Kal El, just like i have doubts about Kal El taking them.

olympian
"Great feats, knocking out the Hulk. Still not as consistent issue-to-issue as Superman's though"

Guys like Namor and Hercules between others (even at DC like Captain Marvel) will always lack in comparation in issue to issue consistancy by the fact they hardly get comics on theyr own.

Wich is why i compare theyr high and low and get an average. They have feats in the same class. Namor tho less outside of combat feats.

" the warworld comment was me being a smartass that's why there was a smilie after the sentence dummy "

ninja

I hide in shame. Was too focused and though it was a reply.

MERRY CHRISTMASS EVERYONE santa beer

As a final note, Herc is in Superman cl of strenght. Like Thor and Hulk. He has planetary level feats (high ends) and on average has high feats that belong to the group. (Any doubts and just check the Hercules thread).

And only one low in raw strenght. Wich ironically all the other three have more.

snoopdogg
I sat down and thought about this for awhile. Thing and Colossus will go down fast. Herc is a problem being all superman can use is his strength. But Supermans stength is above everyones.

Which leads me to the Avengers dog-pile on Supeman in JLA/Avengers #2. After knocking Thors @ss out cold Superman is jumped by the 5 strongest memebers of the Avengers in She-Hulk, Vision, WonderMan, Iron Man and Hercules. Now we can assume Superman was weakened from his thrashing of Thor. He took the beating in his weakened state and was up and fighting again a few pages later. He may or maynot have been k.o.'d.

So what I am saying is Supes can eat those punches from that squad of Avengers these 3 will be in trouble.

I don't know he he will feel their punches to be honest.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Supermanavengers.jpg

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I sat down and thought about this for awhile. Thing and Colossus will go down fast. Herc is a problem being all superman can use is his strength. But Supermans stength is above everyones.

Which leads me to the Avengers dog-pile on Supeman in JLA/Avengers #2. After knocking Thors @ss out cold Superman is jumped by the 5 strongest memebers of the Avengers in She-Hulk, Vision, WonderMan, Iron Man and Hercules. Now we can assume Superman was weakened from his thrashing of Thor. He took the beating in his weakened state and was up and fighting again a few pages later. He may or maynot have been k.o.'d.

So what I am saying is Supes can eat those punches from that squad of Avengers these 3 will be in trouble.

And that was Immortal Herc with his adamantium club right?
This is what i'm saying Olympian, that his durability and strength are much greater than the other three. There's a gap in both strength and durability between them, and i'm not sure if Herc can make up for it with his skills.

The only thing that's keeping me from saying Superman wins right now is the fact that i'm not sure if Colossus goes down so quickly, and Herc + Colossus might make a nice tag team together.

olympian
"But Supermans stength is above everyones."

Not even in DC, man.

"And that was Immortal Herc with his adamantium club right?"

No. It was current mortal Hercules.

Even if it was adamantium, at Marvel stories after the event its still in one piece.
Either it jobbed (considering it never cracked before even against Mjolnir) or it wasent the same, perhaps.

(Because as you know Mjolnir didnt cracked against Superman`s hide).

Another way to see is, IF it was the adamantuim one and it never cracked before, Herc is sure to have a very high feat here to -use- strenght to do something both him and Thor together on average couldnt.

Cracking his mace.

"There's a gap in both strength and durability between them"

Considering this is immortal version, the only gap here its durability. The other gap that exists falls on Superman`s side. Lack of skills compared with Herc.

And Scoob. It didnt -took-the 5 Avengers to put him down/ko. They all wanted a piece of him.

olympian
Just a nitpick:

I went to check the issue and Superman was indeed ko by the attack.

Dark Urizen
Just a nitpick:

I went to check the issue and Superman was indeed ko by the attack.

He had just fought Thor, and was then attacked by She-Hulk, Vision, WonderMan, Iron Man and Hercules for Christ's sake roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dark Urizen
And a little nitpick: That was PIS, because he could've easily taken to the skies where only Vision and WonderMan could reach him roll eyes (sarcastic)
The writers just did that as a description of:

1. how the Avengers stick together
2. the fact that Superman was weakened by the fight, so Thor doesn't look like a complete loser.

Juntai
Without his power of DURABILITY Superman is going to lose, seeing as he ONLY has Strength in this thread. Heh.

However, if he has both his strength and his durability, he takes the majority.

thesilverspider
heat vision.................... and ...................a lil bit of heat vision and that's all foke's.supes wins

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Juntai
Without his power of DURABILITY Superman is going to lose, seeing as he ONLY has Strength in this thread. Heh.

However, if he has both his strength and his durability, he takes the majority.

Oh come on. That's like saying. A normal guy with Supes' strength vs. these guys roll eyes (sarcastic)
I'm sure his durability is included for f*cks sake

olympian
"He had just fought Thor, and was then attacked by She-Hulk, Vision, WonderMan, Iron Man and Hercules for Christ's sake "

And im saying otherwise?

But for Christs sake lets have not the idea he was still counscious after taking that assault eh.

"And a little nitpick: That was PIS, because he could've easily taken to the skies where only Vision and WonderMan could reach him

2. the fact that Superman was weakened by the fight, so Thor doesn't look like a complete loser."

Everytime i hear "just toss him into space and thats it" i remember Doomsday taken to the skies by Superman and struggling and make him let go. devil

The notion that guys with such strenght like Hercules wont even struggle is pathetic.

"Oh come on. That's like saying. A normal guy with Supes' strength vs. these guys
I'm sure his durability is included for f*cks sake"

And im sure the durability of the others isent? Also considering at least one of the team as a hard time to even tire...nah, couldnt be, could it?

Dark Urizen
"He had just fought Thor, and was then attacked by She-Hulk, Vision, WonderMan, Iron Man and Hercules for Christ's sake "

And im saying otherwise?

But for Christs sake lets have not the idea he was still counscious after taking that assault eh.

"And a little nitpick: That was PIS, because he could've easily taken to the skies where only Vision and WonderMan could reach him

2. the fact that Superman was weakened by the fight, so Thor doesn't look like a complete loser."

Everytime i hear "just toss him into space and thats it" i remember Doomsday taken to the skies by Superman and struggling and make him let go. devil

The notion that guys with such strenght like Hercules wont even struggle is pathetic.

"Oh come on. That's like saying. A normal guy with Supes' strength vs. these guys
I'm sure his durability is included for f*cks sake"

And im sure the durability of the others isent? Also considering at least one of the team as a hard time to even tire...nah, couldnt be, could it?

Did i say anything about tossing anyone into space? huh
I don't remember doing so......i said he could've TAKEN TO THE AIR. Aka started flying so that he wouldn't be reached by the oncoming pummeling. And then i continued by saying only vision and WM could follow him, and he might have a fighting chance.

who?-kid
Anyway, thing goes out with a punch
You forget something : Thing has got... heart !

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by who?-kid
You forget something : Thing has got... heart !

Not for long after p1ssing off Superman no

Fanboy
And why is that? confused

Because this guy is a Fanboy

Fanboy
Originally posted by snoopdogg

Wait what happened after that?

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Fanboy
Wait what happened after that?

He got KTFO.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.