Cable vs Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
God like/Jesus Cable (with no T.O.) vs. Post Crises Green Lantern Hall.

Well we all know that
Silver Surfer> Cable No T.O.
Silver Surfer>GL.

But what about Cable vs. GL?

So no PIS, No prep time, deserted planet, and Blood Lust is on who. Would win?

grey fox
Cable.....

jrodslam
Originally posted by id369
God like/Jesus Cable (with no T.O.) vs. Post Crises Green Lantern Hall.

Well we all know that
Silver Surfer> Cable No T.O.
Silver Surfer>GL.

But what about Cable vs. GL?

So no PIS, No prep time, deserted planet, and Blood Lust is on who. Would win?

Well some would say
GL > Silver Surfer. Therefore GL > Cable too.

id369
Originally posted by jrodslam
Well some would say

Well lets ignore that thier is another thread that covers that match (I think)

so whats you personal opinion?

Dark Urizen
Well lets ignore that thier is another thread that covers that match (I think)

so whats you personal opinion?

My opinion is that GLs are at LEAST equal to SS in terms of both power and versatility.
Therefore, any top tier GL would be able to defeat Cable.

Jose123
Jesus cable hasn't shown me any thing that any Gl with enough willpower and enough battle experienced hasn't been able to do.

And I really don't like to trust the writer of Cable/Deadpool to respect power levels
He picks favorites and usually has his characters wins no matter who there facing. I've seen POWERLESS cable send LUKE CAGE flying with one punch. I repeat POWERLESS NORMAL HUMAN CABLE sent Luke Cage flying and continued to battle him off screen.

So for Cable that Silver surfer vs. J.Cable fight is highly debatable on wither he would really be be able to last as long as he did when he was facing the surfer

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Jose123
Jesus cable hasn't shown me any thing that any Gl with enough willpower and enough battle experienced hasn't been able to do.

And I really don't like to trust the writer of Cable/Deadpool to respect power levels
He picks favorites and usually has his characters wins no matter who there facing. I've seen POWERLESS cable send LUKE CAGE flying with one punch. I repeat POWERLESS NORMAL HUMAN CABLE sent Luke Cage flying and continued to battle him off screen.

Cable has a degree of superhuman strength due to his techno organic parts.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
My opinion is that GLs are at LEAST equal to SS in terms of both power and versatility.
Therefore, any top tier GL would be able to defeat Cable.

yes

Jose123
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

And Luke cage has at least 20 ton strength and invulnerability.

So yeah

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

Doesn't work that way in comics. I completely agree with you, but by that real-life logic, comic book fights would be incredibly dull. Thing, Colossus, and all 100 tonners would send any other opponent flying for miles, even each other. If Colossus was to fight Thing, the one that hit first would send the other one flying and win, given that they both weight around let's say.....600 lbs or so.

Not to mention the way Wolverine would be all over the continent every time he fought the Hulk...

Jose123
Doesn't work that way in comics. I completely agree with you, but by that real-life logic, comic book fights would be incredibly dull. Thing, Colossus, and all 100 tonners would send any other opponent flying for miles, even each other. If Colossus was to fight Thing, the one that hit first would send the other one flying and win, given that they both weight around let's say.....600 lbs or so.

Not to mention the way Wolverine would be all over the continent every time he fought the Hulk...

Guess your right. in a real life sense any person with super strength should be able to send any one flying. a 10 ton strength guy like spidy should be able to lift a 90 ton strength guy like colossus who shouldn't weight more than 2tons and send him flying across times square

Dark Urizen
Guess your right. in a real life sense any person with super strength should be able to send any one flying. a 10 ton strength guy like spidy should be able to lift a 90 ton strength guy like colossus who shouldn't weight more than 2tons and send him flying across times square

Exactly. But then any fights between super powered people would be terribly boring.

My theory is this:

In comics, when super powered people (superstrength) fight, it's assumed that they're in some sort of way grounded to the environment they're in. Imagine an invisible force that binds them to the ground they're on, kind of like gravity. But this force isn't equal with all, and instead of mass like gravity, it is denoted by the person's strength. Yes, i know it sounds strange, but it's obvious that it makes sense. A 100 tonner would more likely send a 10 tonner flying than the other way around by my theory. And that's the way it's portrayed in comics most often.

Agree with me?

leonheartmm
the LEGENDARY gl PIS aside, cable would own any gl.

Jose123
Exactly. But then any fights between super powered people would be terribly boring.

My theory is this:

In comics, when super powered people (superstrength) fight, it's assumed that they're in some sort of way grounded to the environment they're in. Imagine an invisible force that binds them to the ground they're on, kind of like gravity. But this force isn't equal with all, and instead of mass like gravity, it is denoted by the person's strength. Yes, i know it sounds strange, but it's obvious that it makes sense. A 100 tonner would more likely send a 10 tonner flying than the other way around by my theory. And that's the way it's portrayed in comics most often.

Agree with me?

Yeah pretty good theory.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by leonheartmm

What the f**k? please explain what you mean What the f**k?

Yeah pretty good theory.

Thanks big grin Think i'm gonna call it the "strength force" big grin

Jose123

Gls wield the most powerful weapons in the universe, Deal with cosmic threats and beings that equal the Silver Surfers on a daily bases.

What has Cable done that's so impressive,Beat jobber Apocalypse,Lost to The Silver surfer, Made friends with Deadpool.

Hmm..... don't so how he could beat any GL

Dark Urizen
Gls wield the most powerful weapons in the universe, Deal with cosmic threats and beings that equal the Silver Surfers on a daily bases.

What has Cable done that's so impressive,Beat jobber Apocalypse,Lost to The Silver surfer, Made friends with Deadpool.

To take God-Like Cable's side for a little bit, he was in horrible physical condition when he fought SS, and instead of choosing to use offensive moves on SS, he was using his powers to telekinetically rebuild and reshape what they were thrashing. They were flying through buildings and such, causing explosions, and Cable was rebuilding and remaking them as they flew through them.

That shows some awesome power and will.

However........he still would've lost to SS, no matter what the battle scenario would've been. This way it was well done by the writer, because it showed that he lost, but didn't put up much of a fight.

leonheartmm
gl rings r NOT the most powerful weapons in the universe, please. secondly by gl PIS, i mean a gl being easily able to destroy a planet or being able to contain a universe destroying explosion, a gl ring does NOT have that kinda power

Dark Urizen
gl rings r NOT the most powerful weapons in the universe, please. secondly by gl PIS, i mean a gl being easily able to destroy a planet or being able to contain a universe destroying explosion, a gl ring does NOT have that kinda power

Well..........the feats kinda argue with you there laughing

So.......you know what a GL ring is capable of better than the writers that created them? Wow......you da man roll eyes (sarcastic)

Metalmanx

My theory is this:

Agree with me?

Well, you're right in the fact that it does have to do with their super strength. But I wouldn't so far as to say it's some invisible force. Think about it in terms of their strength alone. If you're uber strong, you're going to have more mass (usually) and then more force into your attack, same with your opponent. So when they hit each other, it just cancels out the other's inertia.

That, and the bigger they are, the more of a gravitational pull they create, anchoring them to the ground just a bit more than normal.

leonheartmm
cable is the third most powerful mutant to ever have lived, him gettin beaten by ss was bullshit.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Well, you're right in the fact that it does have to do with their super strength. But I wouldn't so far as to say it's some invisible force. Think about it in terms of their strength alone. If you're uber strong, you're going to have more mass (usually) and then more force into your attack, same with your opponent. So when they hit each other, it just cancels out the other's inertia.

That, and the bigger they are, the more of a gravitational pull they create, anchoring them to the ground just a bit more than normal.

Not working though. more gravitational pull, ok, but if you're a 500 lbs or so character, and are hit by someone who can deliver 100 tons worth of punches, you're going to be flying off into the next state. The logical mass/gravitational explanations don't work when it comes to this.

leonheartmm

errrr maybe ur the only one who hasnt noticed but gls regularly get beaten or salemate cosmic level guys. all their other feats dont match with these stupid highend feats thus the use of the woird PIS

Dark Urizen
cable is the third most powerful mutant to ever have lived, him gettin beaten by ss was bullshit.

What the f**k?

Cable is not more powerful than:

Xavier
Scarlet Witch
Franklin Richards
Omega Kid
etc.

Also......What does being the strongest mutant (which he isn't even in the top five IMO) have to do with beating SS?

It's like saying:

That guy with the wheel chair is the strongest handicapped guy in that hospital! Him getting beaten by Mike Tyson was bullshit.

Notice the problem in there spanky?

Dark Urizen
errrr maybe ur the only one who hasnt noticed but gls regularly get beaten or salemate cosmic level guys. all their other feats dont match with these stupid highend feats thus the use of the woird PIS

Every character faces PIS from time to time. That doesn't mean the GL's are surrounded by it like Wolverine or Hulk or deathstroke's jobber aura, etc.

Jose123
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Not really, guys with super strength usually have the same mass of regular folks.I'd hate to see What Superman would do if this were the case. He'd would crash right through the Earth laughing

And they don't usually cancel each others attacks. They take turns smacking each other around. laughing

Jose123

So what. He's still a Mutant from earth. And Silver Surfer is still the herald of Galactus,Wielder of the Power Cosmic,etc etc

leonheartmm
cable has far more raw power than surfer's power cosmic, he has the potential to eat stars.

Jose123
cable has far more raw power than surfer's power cosmic, he has the potential to eat stars.

More than The Power cosmic!!!? Are you freakin kidding me!!! Do you even know what the Power cosmic is or what it's capable of?

Where did you get that from anyway or are you just guessing?

Dark Urizen

What the f**k?
But seriously.......can you provide any proof of anything like that?

1. He had more power than his body could hold when God-like, which was stated both by himself and by Xavier. Therefore, his full potential could NEVER be used.

2. Even at full potential, assuming he had like a cosmic body or something, there's no evidence anywhere that he could be as powerful as you make him out to be.

Of course, if you have evidence, give it to us.

leonheartmm
i dont have scans but it was stated in the comics by moira mctaggart that cable could eat stars,

Dark Urizen
i dont have scans but it was stated in the comics by moira mctaggart that cable could eat stars,

What the f**k? which comics? Which series? which issue?

leonheartmm
and yes i DO know what the power cosmic is, better than you probably, i also know that theres a limit to the AMOUNT of power cosmic surfer has. n also cable broke surfer's board when he wasnt even tryin to fight surfer, he was also remaking the entire enviornment in that battle n didnt wanna figt surfer because cable does not go all out knowing the awesome uncontrollable power that he can unleash. oh yea wasnt surfer's board supposedly only breakable by galactus's power cosmic n didnt morg have to use one of his super powerful planet destroying shots to even AFFECT the board, the board is as durable than surfe himself.

Jose123

So a brief mention on what he COULD do not what he's done okay just checking

Can anyone show scans on the high end feats of what Surfer has actually done. or what any Gl has done for that matter?

jrodslam
Can anyone show scans on the high end feats of what Surfer has actually done. or what any Gl has done for that matter?

Too many to post. There are GL respect threads as well as a Surfer thread.

Dark Urizen
and yes i DO know what the power cosmic is, better than you probably, i also know that theres a limit to the AMOUNT of power cosmic surfer has. n also cable broke surfer's board when he wasnt even tryin to fight surfer, he was also remaking the entire enviornment in that battle n didnt wanna figt surfer because cable does not go all out knowing the awesome uncontrollable power that he can unleash. oh yea wasnt surfer's board supposedly only breakable by galactus's power cosmic n didnt morg have to use one of his super powerful planet destroying shots to even AFFECT the board, the board is as durable than surfe himself.

And Surfer remade the board in a heartbeat after the fight by waving a hand.
And no, you're right, a while ago it was pretty much indestructable, but that changed before the cable and deadpool mini.
But you're still over-estimating the power cable has so much...
His telepath wouldn't work since GL's are protected against it, and his telekinesis while impressive is nothing a GL can't handle erm

Cable however doesn't have the luxury of being able to shrug off the GL attacks like they do his.

id369
Im taking Cables side,

Who to say that the GL cant have his head poped open
or
is resistant to being Mind Fooked

High level Psionics, Telekinesis, and physicist powers is not something that should be underestimated.

The Ion
Im taking Cables side,

or

High level Psionics, Telekinesis, and physicist powers is not something that should be underestimated.
Auto shield protects from mortal harm

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_091.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_093.jpg

Auto shield protects from telepathy

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/171/untitledscanned168xz.th.jpg http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/9120/untitledscanned176ve.th.jpg

Dark Urizen
Im taking Cables side,

or

Check the GL respect thread. They are protected by the ring from any sort of telepathic attack. As for telekinesis, i don't see why the GL would be bothered by it erm

Now Cable on the other hand......how would he feel about having the air around him turned into lead?

id369
Originally posted by The Ion
Auto shield protects from mortal harm

http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_091.jpg
http://img19.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Cosmic_Odyssey_TPB_093.jpg

Auto shield protects from telepathy

http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/171/untitledscanned168xz.th.jpg http://img322.imageshack.us/img322/9120/untitledscanned176ve.th.jpg

Tell me.
How long can Hall last before he runs out of energy I mean dosnt he have a time limit of 24 hrs before the ring loses power?

While Cable held in the air for weeks in the air his ship protected with out rest.

The Ion
The ring always keeps a reserve amount of energy to get them out of any jam and back to their power battery. The protection from mortal harm never turns itself off.

Either way I don't see this battle lasting that long.

Dark Urizen
Tell me.
How long can Hall last before he runs out of energy I mean dosnt he have a time limit of 24 hrs before the ring loses power?

While Cable held in the air for weeks in the air his ship protected with out rest.

1. auto-shield = he doesn't have to even be conscious for it to work.

2. It's different with Cable, because the bigger the output of power, the better it was for him. The more power he had in him aka wasn't using, the more fragile his body became.

3. Hal can last for a long time, mentally. And when the 24 hours pass, he can just speak the magic words like 2 minutes before and then the ring is back in action stick out tongue

4. Who's to say the fight would take that long? I see it ending quite quickly...

id369
1. auto-shield = he doesn't have to even be conscious for it to work.

2. It's different with Cable, because the bigger the output of power, the better it was for him. The more power he had in him aka wasn't using, the more fragile his body became.

3. Hal can last for a long time, mentally. And when the 24 hours pass, he can just speak the magic words like 2 minutes before and then the ring is back in action stick out tongue

4. Who's to say the fight would take that long? I see it ending quite quickly...

Why wouldnt the match so long to begin with, It is true that GL take on borderline, and true cosmics all the time, but you do see then get thier ass handed to them by Metahuman, (cough cough Deathstroke cough)

The Ion
Why does the Deathstroke incident always come up in GL threads? I never see that mentioned in Flash threads. laughing

jrodslam
Why does the Deathstroke incident always come up in GL threads? I never see that mentioned in Flash threads. laughing

Oh it gets mentioned alright laughing

id369

Its pointless to argue with any flash Fanboys so I dont waste my time.

But its still a point.

Ok how about the time Doomsday first appeared, I didnt see not one thing spectacular from the GL.

The Ion
Its pointless to argue with any flash Fanboys so I dont waste my time.

But its still a point.

Ok how about the time Doomsday first appeared, I didnt see not one thing spectacular from the GL.
Well Hal wasn't in the Death of Superman fight. Doomsday fought a 2nd tier JLA.

Anyways, Doomsday landed on Oa long ago and evolved past their energy.

Dark Urizen
Why wouldnt the match so long to begin with, It is true that GL take on borderline, and true cosmics all the time, but you do see then get thier ass handed to them by Metahuman, (cough cough Deathstroke cough)

They have incredible power, to be sure. But they're not goddamn machines. People often make that mistake of assuming just because a character has awesome power he should also be able to use it to the fullest and such. They always forget that GLs (the ones we're interested in usually) are still only human at mind and soul.

SS has had so many years (centuries? thousands of years? who knows?) of experience with the cosmic power, but he makes mistakes all too often, doesn't he? And while he's not human, he's very similar in nature.

You have to take that into account.

id369
They have incredible power, to be sure. But they're not goddamn machines. People often make that mistake of assuming just because a character has awesome power he should also be able to use it to the fullest and such. They always forget that GLs (the ones we're interested in usually) are still only human at mind and soul.

SS has had so many years (centuries? thousands of years? who knows?) of experience with the cosmic power, but he makes mistakes all too often, doesn't he? And while he's not human, he's very similar in nature.

You have to take that into account.

It has bien taken into account,

Thats why I place this match to begin with.

Dark Urizen
It has bien taken into account,

Thats why I place this match to begin with.

No, you don't understand. What i meant was that THAT is why the comic book characters like GLs and such are portrayed the way they are. It's called CIS. Character Induced Stupidity.

And AFAIK in these fights it shouldn't be taken into consideration.

What i meant by "it has to be taken into consideration", i meant in comic books, not in simulations of fights on this forum.

Here CIS and PIS are out of the picture.

id369
No, you don't understand. What i meant was that THAT is why the comic book characters like GLs and such are portrayed the way they are. It's called CIS. Character Induced Stupidity.

And AFAIK in these fights it shouldn't be taken into consideration.

What i meant by "it has to be taken into consideration", i meant in comic books, not in simulations of fights on this forum.

Here CIS and PIS are out of the picture.

Good, so what can post crisis GL Hall do to God Like Cable, no PIS.

jrodslam
What can post HoM Cable do to Hal?

Dark Urizen
Good, so what can post crisis GL Hall do to God Like Cable, no PIS.

Contain him in a shield that can hold a supernova, blast him with planetary destruction blasts, transmute the molecules of air around and inside of him into anything he wants to, including lead, diamond, etc. etc., pound on him with lantern constructs, absorb his energy (doubt he's got more juice than a cosmic cube), etc. etc.

A post crisis GL Hal can do pretty much anything he wants to do really. CIS is the only thing really holding him back erm

Dark Urizen
What can post HoM Cable do to Hal?

Irrelevant, the OP mentioned this is God-Like Cable.

Jose123
Contain him in a shield that can hold a supernova, blast him with planetary destruction blasts, transmute the molecules of air around and inside of him into anything he wants to, including lead, diamond, etc. etc., pound on him with lantern constructs, absorb his energy (doubt he's got more juice than a cosmic cube), etc. etc.

A post crisis GL Hal can do pretty much anything he wants to do really. CIS is the only thing really holding him back erm

Yep that sounds about right yes

id369

Really,

But you cant deney that Cable has a way to deffend himself to each of his attack's.

True or not True.

id369
Ill be more specific, Cable can increase his strength to class 100, He can Contain GL in own force field, He can make astral projection, flow his molecules through another solid object to become intangible.

With the vast psionic powers he basically has the ability to do what ever he wants.

Dark Urizen
Really,

But you cant deney that Cable has a way to deffend himself to each of his attack's.

True or not True.

Not true.
Can he defend himself against a bubble that can hold a supernova? Can he defend himself against a bubble that can hold the exploding energies of Imperiex who's said to have enough energy in him to take out the Universe (Basically DC's amped up Galactus)?
Those bubbles can constrict and destroy cable. None of his showings make him seem like he could survive anything like that.

Can he defend himself if all the molecules around him are turned into a different element? I really don't think so. I haven't seen him manipulate matter on a molecular level......

Can he defend himself against GL constructs? For a while, maybe, after a while, definitely not.

Can he keep GL from sucking him dry of energy? Hell no. He ain't no goddamn cosmic cube.....which got sucked dry.......

Remember how at the end of the fight Surfer sucks out Cable's powers? GL can accomplish the exact same without the hassle of having to drag Cable around the place through buildings and such erm

So nope......he can't defend himself against the GL.

Dark Urizen
Ill be more specific, Cable can increase his strength to class 100

You seen him do that? I sure didn't......when did he do that? confused

He can Contain GL in own force field

Except GL can break out of it and Cable can't break out of GL's.

He can make astral projection, flow his molecules through another solid object to become intangible.

Has he done this? When has he done this? confused

With the vast psionic powers he basically has the ability to do what ever he wants.

Not really.

All in all, i've never seen him increase his strength the way you say he has. Or maybe i have and forgotten, so please remind me. It wouldn't matter anyway, because 100 tons or 10.000 tons don't break a shield that can contain a supernova no
His force fields are a joke compared to GL's.
I don't recall him using astral projection. Xavier was using astral projection, he was using the telepath-telephone.
He CAN'T do whatever he wants. The GL's most noted trait is that he can do whatever the hell he wants aslong as he has will power. And the top tier have craploads of will power.

id369
he can Tap into the enormous psychic resources of the astral plane in order manipulate matter and energy.

True or not true?

id369
Wait, before I even continue, am I allowed to use some of X-Man feats along with cables.

The reason I say this is b-cus, Cable did not stay Form for to long for him to give unquestionable doubt of just how strong he is, or the reason why he could potentialy be stronger than a GL.

I usually stick with one cara, but a hand full of comics vs hundreds off feats from another is not going to prove my point.

And finnally they are gennetically Identical, and thier power is the same, Wich is the other reason why I chose to borrow some of his feats.

If no then I guess I shouldnt continue.

Jose123
Wait, before I even continue, am I allowed to use some of X-Man feats along with cables.

The reason I say this is b-cus, Cable did not stay Form for to long for him to give unquestionable doubt of just how strong he is, or the reason why he could potentialy be stronger than a GL.

I usually stick with one cara, but a hand full of comics vs hundreds off feats from another is not going to prove my point.

And finnally they are gennetically Identical, and thier power is the same, Wich is the other reason why I chose to borrow some of his feats.

If no then I guess I shouldnt continue.

I don't think you can.
Cable was the love child of a Jean grey clone and Cyclops.He was Born like anybody else.

Nate was artificially created by Sinister. Using his Genetic skills he combined the proper genetic material to produce the greatest results possible .

id369
I don't think you can.
Cable was the love child of a Jean grey clone and Cyclops.He was Born like anybody else.

Nate was artificially created by Sinister. Using his Genetic skills he combined the proper genetic material to produce the greatest results possible .

Thier genetic make up is Identical, the means of how they came to be is diff (Duh) In any case they both use Psionic, Telekinesis, Psychic powers.

I belive that the reason why they didnt Continue to write Cable having such powers was

A- wanted to avoide the unpopularity that Shaman X-Man recived.

B- Some one that might have interfeared with House Of M, as he would have pose a challange to Wanda.

Besides thier is enough Borderline Cosmics as it is. And it was prob a good dec to depower Cable. (I think it would have gotten boring)

Jose123
Thier genetic make up is Identical, the means of how they came to be is diff (Duh) In any case they both use Psionic, Telekinesis, Psychic powers.

I belive that the reason why they didnt Continue to write Cable having such powers was

A- wanted to avoide the unpopularity that Shaman X-Man recived.

B- Some one that might have interfeared with House Of M, as he would have pose a challange to Wanda.

Besides thier is enough Borderline Cosmics as it is. And it was prob a good dec to depower Cable. (I think it would have gotten boring)

how can they be identical?
One was artificially created by one of the smartest geneticist in world to be the perfect mutant by taking out all the crap and matching the genetic material to have the most perfect results.

While the other was born normally with no enhancements or messing around with his genetic material to achieve the greatest effects.

can't compare the two.

id369
how can they be identical?
One was artificially created by one of the smartest geneticist in world to be the perfect mutant by taking out all the crap and matching the genetic material to have the most perfect results.

While the other was born normally with no enhancements or messing around with his genetic material to achieve the greatest effects.

can't compare the two.

Both were made by Mr. Sinester in diff time lines.

Both took years of reaserch For Mr. Sinester to come up with the perfect genetic match up to make one Uberly powerfull Mutant.

Both were made to be a weapon to bring down Apo.

Cable - was born by good old normal means of Clone Jean and Cyclops.

X-Man- born as a test tube baby (some what) from genetic samples of both Jean and Cyclops.

Tell me what part of genetically identincal dont you get?

Jose123
Both were made by Mr. Sinester in diff time lines.

Both took years of reaserch For Mr. Sinester to come up with the perfect genetic match up to make one Uberly powerfull Mutant.

Both were made to be a weapon to bring down Apo.

Cable - was born by good old normal means of Clone Jean and Cyclops.

X-Man- born as a test tube baby (some what) from genetic samples of both Jean and Cyclops.

Tell me what part of genetically identincal dont you get?

well when you put it that way

id369
well when you put it that way

Ill wait if some one else approves, that X-Man Feats along with Cable feats maybe allowed.

Please Keep in mind that That its bien over 3 pages of Thread when I started this thread. If your not convinced after 3 post alone you wont change your mind even after I explain myself now.

I just want to give my reason why I came to think that God Like Cable could possibly take down GL- Hall. That is all.

and I cant do it with just a hand full of comics that desmostrated his real potential, when thier is over hundreds of comics that show GL real potential.

I just want to get my point across you can are free to view/judge as you please.

Jose123
Ill wait if some one else approves, that X-Man Feats along with Cable feats maybe allowed.

Please Keep in mind that That its bien over 3 pages of Thread when I started this thread. If your not convinced after 3 post alone you wont change your mind even after I explain myself now.

I just want to give my reason why I came to think that God Like Cable could possibly take down GL- Hall. That is all.

and I cant do it with just a hand full of comics that desmostrated his real potential, when thier is over hundreds of comics that show GL real potential.

I just want to get my point across you can are free to view/judge as you please.

When I said "well when you put it that way" I was agreeing with you that they where genetically Identical.

But I still don't think that X-man or J.Cable can take out a GL.
Anyone of them can give a GL a good fight but eventually they would both go down.

id369
When I said "well when you put it that way" I was agreeing with you that they where genetically Identical.

But I still don't think that X-man or J.Cable can take out a GL.
Anyone of them can give a GL a good fight but eventually they would both go down.

I know.

But I only wish that you arnt the only one who thinks so.

Dark Urizen
I'd say no, just like Jose123. X-man may have the same genetic material, but not the exact same DNA sequence. There's no proof of that erm

Like Jose said, it's like comparing a mongrel between let's say a dobberman and a rottweiler to the same but made in a test tube, with the good genes enhanced, and the bad genes taken out, etc. etc. etc.

Plus, there were a LOT of people that liked X-man and hated the fact that he died. Marvel would've jumped at the occassion of making a "new" X-man out of God-Like Cable if they were indeed as you say identical.

Plus, and this is the third and last reason why i don't see them as equal and hence not being able to use X-man's feats, Cable had plenty of space in the cable and deadpool series to show X-man level powers, but he didn't.

Not only that, but unlike X-man who was a stupid teenager, Cable was an experienced warrior that came into such incredible powers. If he had the equal of X-man's power, he would've been doing even crazier shit than him. I'm sure of it.

id369
I'd say no, just like Jose123. X-man may have the same genetic material, but not the exact same DNA sequence. There's no proof of that erm

Like Jose said, it's like comparing a mongrel between let's say a dobberman and a rottweiler to the same but made in a test tube, with the good genes enhanced, and the bad genes taken out, etc. etc. etc.

Plus, there were a LOT of people that liked X-man and hated the fact that he died. Marvel would've jumped at the occassion of making a "new" X-man out of God-Like Cable if they were indeed as you say identical.

Plus, and this is the third and last reason why i don't see them as equal and hence not being able to use X-man's feats, Cable had plenty of space in the cable and deadpool series to show X-man level powers, but he didn't.

Not only that, but unlike X-man who was a stupid teenager, Cable was an experienced warrior that came into such incredible powers. If he had the equal of X-man's power, he would've been doing even crazier shit than him. I'm sure of it.

My point is not to use X-Man feat per say, but how its powers could be used. In just a hand full of comics of Cable and Deadpool it wont be enough to get my point across.

Dark Urizen
My point is not to use X-Man feat per say, but how its powers could be used. In just a hand full of comics of Cable and Deadpool it wont be enough to get my point across.

Again, not the same thing. It's like comparing things that a white belt 10 year old can do compared with a zen budist master or something...

id369
Forget it. Ill start anyways.

Cable can endow his strength to class one 100 by augmenting his strength with his psionic powers.

This can be seen in Cable vs Silver Surfer. How simple what class of strength is Silver Surfer, and what are they doing the first part of the
match? they are Cable is holding him down and holding back I might add.

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/6010/cablevsss1017um.th.png

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1756/cablevsss23mk.th.png

True or not True.

Not only that X-Man showed he can Psionically charged and hit powerful blows to his opponents, the way he litterly beat Sinister to death.
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8176/xmanvssinisester5tn.th.png

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8464/xmanvssin28tw.th.png

So is thier any doubt that he can fight at class 100 strength?

Dark Urizen
Forget it. Ill start anyways.

Cable can endow his strength to class one 100 by augmenting his strength with his psionic powers.

This can be seen in Cable vs Silver Surfer. How simple what class of strength is Silver Surfer, and what are they doing the first part of the
match? they are Cable is holding him down and holding back I might add.

http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/6010/cablevsss1017um.th.png

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/1756/cablevsss23mk.th.png

True or not True.

Not only that X-Man showed he can Psionically charged and hit powerful blows to his opponents, the way he litterly beat Sinister to death.
http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8176/xmanvssinisester5tn.th.png

http://img313.imageshack.us/img313/8464/xmanvssin28tw.th.png

So is thier any doubt that he can fight at class 100 strength?

First Two scans:

the fight with Silver Surfer was incredibly one-sided. The first scan is the first page from the issue i believe. Anyway, if you look again, you'll notice Cable hard as he may try can't even stop SS.
What the hell did you read? Cause it sure as hell wasn't C&D Issue 10 which you posted from. Cable does NOT hold Surfer down not even ONCE. He doesn't even STOP Surfer until he breaks the board, and then Surfer shoots eyeblasts on Cable leaving him nearly dead, and reforms his board instantly.

There was NO showing of strength. Not even 1 ton of strength, let alone the class 100 you're mentioning.

Not in the entire series has Cable been shown to be able to increase his strength and durability through TK. FFS, even Deadpool nearly shot him in the head. He stopped the bullet just as it was piercing his skull.

So no, those two scans prove nothing. He was trying to stop Surfer, and he couldn't. The simple fact that he had to resort to breaking the board is more than enough proof that Surfer couldn't be stopped by Cable, and he had to attack his means of transportation. Kinda like you can't stop a train, but you can make it derail if you attack the railroad.

So no, those two scans pretty much hurt your argument and prove nothing.

On to the next two scans:

That is X-man. X-man is NOT cable, regardless of what some may say. They may have the same basic DNA, but so do humans and chimps.

id369
First Two scans:

the fight with Silver Surfer was incredibly one-sided. The first scan is the first page from the issue i believe. Anyway, if you look again, you'll notice Cable hard as he may try can't even stop SS.
What the hell did you read? Cause it sure as hell wasn't C&D Issue 10 which you posted from. Cable does NOT hold Surfer down not even ONCE. He doesn't even STOP Surfer until he breaks the board, and then Surfer shoots eyeblasts on Cable leaving him nearly dead, and reforms his board instantly.

There was NO showing of strength. Not even 1 ton of strength, let alone the class 100 you're mentioning.

Not in the entire series has Cable been shown to be able to increase his strength and durability through TK. FFS, even Deadpool nearly shot him in the head. He stopped the bullet just as it was piercing his skull.

So no, those two scans prove nothing. He was trying to stop Surfer, and he couldn't. The simple fact that he had to resort to breaking the board is more than enough proof that Surfer couldn't be stopped by Cable, and he had to attack his means of transportation. Kinda like you can't stop a train, but you can make it derail if you attack the railroad.

So no, those two scans pretty much hurt your argument and prove nothing.

On to the next two scans:

That is X-man. X-man is NOT cable, regardless of what some may say. They may have the same basic DNA, but so do humans and chimps.

Are you blind or act like you blind. If Silver Surfer wanted to he should have out classed Cable like a rag doll but he didnt.

Its stated thats his class 100, And for a long time it has bien said that if cable did not have the TO. his power would sky rocket.

As for the second scans, X-Man and Cable have the same class of power, and you said it your self Cable>X-Man b-cus of training and upbringing. So what makes you think that Cable cant do the same.?

id369

Dark Urizen
Are you blind or act like you blind. If Silver Surfer wanted to he should have out classed Cable like a rag doll but he didnt.

Its stated thats his class 100, And for a long time it has bien said that if cable did not have the TO. his power would sky rocket.

As for the second scans, X-Man and Cable have the same class of power, and you said it your self Cable>X-Man b-cus of training and upbringing. So what makes you think that Cable cant do the same.?

I think you're the one with selective reading skills. The fact that SS didn't directly demolish Cable proves only that he's a nice guy. Not that Cable can stand up to him.

SS can and has shown the ability to AUGMENT his strength to class 100. Doesn't mean he goes into every fight with Class 100 though.
Are you ignoring or just aren't aware that in his God-Like version, Cable didn't even care about the TO virus anymore, and that he was keeping it at bay like breathing? Are you also unaware that the TO virus actually increased his strength? I'm not sure what your point here is. Without the TO he'd be stronger? FALSE. Without the TO his TK powers would be greater? Again, to God-Like Cable it DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Don't twist my words. Where did i say Cable>X-man? Again, don't compare humans to chimps.

id369
I think you're the one with selective reading skills. The fact that SS didn't directly demolish Cable proves only that he's a nice guy. Not that Cable can stand up to him.

SS can and has shown the ability to AUGMENT his strength to class 100. Doesn't mean he goes into every fight with Class 100 though.
Are you ignoring or just aren't aware that in his God-Like version, Cable didn't even care about the TO virus anymore, and that he was keeping it at bay like breathing? Are you also unaware that the TO virus actually increased his strength? I'm not sure what your point here is. Without the TO he'd be stronger? FALSE. Without the TO his TK powers would be greater? Again, to God-Like Cable it DIDN'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

Don't twist my words. Where did i say Cable>X-man? Again, don't compare humans to chimps.

Do you know what Silver Surfer base strength is? Its a more than class 10 thats for sure.

And I already showed that Psionic powers can be used to augment its strength.

Also what happend to X-Man and Cable not being geneticaly identical?

Maybe you should just stay out of this topic.

Dark Urizen
Do you know what Silver Surfer base strength is? Its a more than class 10 thats for sure.

And I already showed that Psionic powers can be used to augment its strength.

Also what happend to X-Man and Cable not being geneticaly identical?

Maybe you should just stay out of this topic.

And he was beating Cable, so there's no proof Cable can augment his strength.

Psionic powers may be used to augment someone's strength, but Cable didn't do it in his God-Like status. So where's the basis for assuming he can?

Wikipedia is written by guys like you and me. They're not always right. Just like i'm not always right. However, seeing as how they ARE different, even with very similar DNA, the differences can be devastating. Things that X-man did in his series, God-Like Cable didn't even come close to doing. And with his training and experience, don't you think if he could've done them he would've THOUGHT of done them or at least attempted?

Maybe you should use logic smile

id369
And he was beating Cable, so there's no proof Cable can augment his strength.

Psionic powers may be used to augment someone's strength, but Cable didn't do it in his God-Like status. So where's the basis for assuming he can?

Wikipedia is written by guys like you and me. They're not always right. Just like i'm not always right. However, seeing as how they ARE different, even with very similar DNA, the differences can be devastating. Things that X-man did in his series, God-Like Cable didn't even come close to doing. And with his training and experience, don't you think if he could've done them he would've THOUGHT of done them or at least attempted?

Maybe you should use logic smile

Funny how you only point out things when they are to your advantage.

So what happend to the other source, that states the samething I am telling you.

Cable and Xman age genetically Identicle, deal with it. And Psionic powers can be used to augment its own strength. Cable is more than capable of doing so.

Dark Urizen
Funny how you only point out things when they are to your advantage.

So what happend to the other source, that states the samething I am telling you.

Cable and Xman age genetically Identicle, deal with it. And Psionic powers can be used to augment its own strength. Cable is more than capable of doing so.

I didn't mention the Uncanny X-men link, because THAT's a fan site as well. I thought from what i said about Wiki, you could generalize, but it's ok, i understand that i have to be more specific.

They're not genetically identical. Have you seen Gattacca? There, you could choose whether you have a child just by having sex, or whether you choose the best genes out of a gene pool and have a perfect child. A test-tube child. There's a difference between the Sinister-made X-man and the "put some barry white on" made Cable.

Notice how a difference of 2 % is the difference between humans and chimps. If the difference between Cable and X-man is 0.1 % it's still a drastic difference.

And yeah, Psionic powers can be used to augment a character's strength, but i've seen no proof of Cable doing it, so saying he can is still just an ASSUMPTION.

dvampire
Well some would say

I agree! big grin

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by dvampire
I agree! big grin

I'm not sure that GL> SS, but both GL and SS >>>>>>>> Cable

id369

Dark Urizen

DarkCrawler
It's not ok to use X-Man feats as Cable feats.

That would be like using What If comic as a canon...

id369

thesilverspider
You alway's got to assume that the silver surfer>green lantern since a green lantern's power's are variable.

leonheartmm
cable and nate r NOT the same, this has been discussed n proven, n i would NOT say that recreatin the whole damn enviornment, holdin back on ur uncontrollable psychic powers, trying to reason with ss with no intention of fightin n BREAKIN his board is bein MANHANDLED! plus that was a crappy showing.

leonheartmm
silver surfer is greater than a gl because his powers are MUCH more vast in scope n slightly stronger even in their respective classes than a gl. ofcourse gls have WAYYYYY more PIS. n now to the topic at hand, cable wins.

Jose123
cable and nate r NOT the same, this has been discussed n proven, n i would NOT say that recreatin the whole damn enviornment, holdin back on ur uncontrollable psychic powers, trying to reason with ss with no intention of fightin n BREAKIN his board is bein MANHANDLED! plus that was a crappy showing.

Well it wasn't like SS was trying to kill him or anything. He was just trying to make him submit and give up and stop fighting.

leonheartmm
u also forget that even when ss is fighting people like thanos hes NEVER tryin to KILL em{almost} cause he has one of the most noble souls in the universe, doesnt stop em from goin all out{nearly}

thesilverspider
u also forget that even when ss is fighting people like thanos hes NEVER tryin to KILL em{almost} cause he has one of the most noble souls in the universe, doesnt stop em from goin all out{nearly}
It's rare to see the surfer go all out.

Jose123

But thats thanos. a cosmic being. Not a mutant from earth. Do you really think he would use even the quarter of the strength that he uses to fight a cosmic being like thanos to fight a mutant from earth. Not trying to downgrade and insult Cables powers I'm just trying to say that SS would never use his full strength to fight any human.

Dark Urizen
Okay, i'm obviously not getting through to you. I think it's because you have some issues, but hey, it's ok, i'm not judging. I mean it takes some people a long time to understand how 1+1=2 so......i'll try to take this step by step in a desperate attempt at making you understand.

So do you finally see that X-Man is genetically Identiacal acroding to MU.

No. I don't see it. Mr. Sinister is a genetic GENIUS. If you take a guy and his "clone" and then work on the clone on a genetic level to make it reach its maximum power therefore eliminating anything that's not perfect, then the clone and the original may have similar or nearly identical DNA, but they're definitely not the same.
Another analogy.

Compare a piece of coal to a diamond. They're basically the same. But not quite if you get my drift. Cable is the piece of coal. X-man is the diamond. (figured i'd have to mention, since you seem to be eternally confused. Some would call that a mental illness, but i'll just assume you're a bit.........naive )

Its not an analogy. Its their version of the facts according to the MU.
Don?t come crying to me about it, I didn?t write the comic.

Your naivitee (the one some would call a mental illness) once again confused you sad
Read my post again. You'll notice my comparison between how babies were made in Gattaca and how Cable/X-man came into being was an analogy. So again, my confused friend, you're wrong . It was indeed an analogy. Read the definition again

Now speaking of analogy .
Since X-Man are genetically Identical analogy speaking.

They're not identical. And what do you mean "analogy speaking" ? Is that some sort of expression in the English vocabulary i wasn't aquainted with? Because it could be confused
I mean, my native language isn't English so......what does "analogy speaking" mean? huh

They have the same class in power

No they don't no

And since it has been seen that X-Man can augment his power - by way of psionic

Yes he can.

And it has been seen that Cable can deliver destructive power- by way of psionic

Yes he can.

It is safe to assume Cable can augment his power in class.

Wow.......that was just.........wow......... shock

So let me get this straight. Because one of them can use his psionic powers for destruction and a guy who is SIMILAR to him can augment his strength with psionics, then the guy who can use the destructive powers, can augment his traits? confused
Your logic is not only flawed. It reaches a WHOLE new level of wrong.
It's like saying: Northstar can use his powers to create an enormous burst of blinding light, because his twin sister Aurora can. Ummm........no.......sorry......you're wrong yet again no.

But yes SS taped that,

Like......with a VCR? confused

put not once in any crossover match between any GL vs SS

I'm sorry, i can't decypher what you meant in this sentence sad

Has a GL ever broken his board. Not even with all the PIS and CIS thrown into the Mix.

Has a GL ever tried? huh
Has Cable ever contained a Supernova in force fields? Just so you know, a Supernova releases somewhere around i think 10 to the power 44 joules energy (though i may be wrong).
Has Cable ever contained the energies of Imperiex which were said to be strong enough to destroy the Universe?
Has Cable ever absorbed the energy of a COSMIC CUBE?
Has Cable ever blown up a planet?

Am I wrong comic expert

In most cases yes, unfortunately
But i don't pretend to know everything, i can be wrong, you just haven't proven me wrong yet IMO.

thesilverspider
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by thesilverspider
OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Slavery is bad sad

But thanks smile

Blair Wind
Like......with a VCR? confused

laughing

nathan summers

leonheartmm
nathan, ur forgetting many OTHER things that tell us that nate n cable rent the same. first off, nate WAS engineered, n thas how sinister built the failsafein him. secondly nate had the real jean as his mother n not madyline pryor. third, he is physically NOTHING like cable in stature or height. also their powers are DIFFERENT, nate also had an aging virus withholding his potential just like cable's techno organic one, also as part of his NATURAL mutation cable has class 10 strength, but nate does NOT posess this mutation, he has normal human strength, fact is, nate n cable have DIFFERENT dna's n nate was genetically engineered when cable wasnt.

spideycarnage
wat powers god like cable have?

leonheartmm
the list is large just like any other major psionic

telepathy
telekenesis
reality warping
reality manipulation
illusion casting
astral projection
time warping
matter manipulation
energy manipulation
force manipulation
empathy
precognition
etc etc

nathan summers
nathan, ur forgetting many OTHER things that tell us that nate n cable rent the same. first off, nate WAS engineered, n thas how sinister built the failsafein him.

Nate Grey wasn't built with the failsafe IN him through design. In X-Man -1 after he manifested his powers in a manner that was contrary to Sinister's wishes he later " added " it to make sure Grey wouldn't attempt to use his powers against him.

Sinister created Madelyne Pryor to be Jean Grey's EXACT duplicate genetically. What does it matter that Jean wasn't Nathan's " exact " mother? He received the same DNA coding from Madelyne as he would have from Jean Grey. She was such a perfect clone that even the Phoenix Force couldn't differentiate and it revived her from an in active state.

Yes, he is. Need I remind you of the Askani'son series? Nate Grey looks JUST like Cable did when he was a young man minus the techno-virus. Also in Cable & Deadpool when Cable is reverted back to a youthful state he and X-Man resemble one another. Also in Cable & Deadpool as of now Cable's body is a construct of Sinister's via the House of M. His former body was destroyed during the " Skronn " saga in the X-Force mini and Deadpool went searching for him in the House of M where he found a Baby Cable who was genetically engineered by Sinister. Try and keep up on the comics. So yes, Nathan and Nate are EXACTLY alike. Genetically and otherwise.

leonheartmm
nathan, ur obviously a cable fanboy, but this has been discussed many MANY times before. some writer made the stupid mistake of labelling them genetically same ONCE, n that was bull. they DO have similarities, no doubt, but nate never was or ever wud have been 6 feat 7 inches like cable, he was 5 feat 10 if u havent forgotten, their faces WERE similar no doubt, but their physique wasnt, just because they have the same genetic mother does NOT mean that they are same, they are as same as cable and rachel summers, who ALSO have the same genetic parents, what matters is what genes were CHOSEN to form the baby from the parents n thas why they are different. also there is still the matter of cable's natural class 10 physical strength, how does ur brain explain nate NOT having any suprehuman strength like cable's if they are infact the same being?

id369
If the comic stated that they are genetically Identical, who are we to say they arnt? Just becuse it dosnt make sense to us? no.

think whatever you want, use whatever reason you want the truth is it was stated in the comic and thier isnt much you can do to change it.

id369
Young cable.
http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/4643/youngcable3sf.th.jpg

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8157/youngcable24iu.th.jpg

X-Man

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8941/xman7hf.th.jpg
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/494/xman28as.th.jpg

nathan summers
nathan, ur obviously a cable fanboy, but this has been discussed many MANY times before. some writer made the stupid mistake of labelling them genetically same ONCE, n that was bull. they DO have similarities, no doubt, but nate never was or ever wud have been 6 feat 7 inches like cable, he was 5 feat 10 if u havent forgotten, their faces WERE similar no doubt, but their physique wasnt, just because they have the same genetic mother does NOT mean that they are same, they are as same as cable and rachel summers, who ALSO have the same genetic parents, what matters is what genes were CHOSEN to form the baby from the parents n thas why they are different. also there is still the matter of cable's natural class 10 physical strength, how does ur brain explain nate NOT having any suprehuman strength like cable's if they are infact the same being?

If you want to ignore the facts of the comics which I offered volume numbers, issue numbers, print dates of and writers, that's fine by me. Not everyone easily accepts the facts. But please, don't attempt to insult and berate me. Name calling is a bit childish.

Thank you.

leonheartmm
nathan i never meant to insult u, just called u a fanboy. n id369, MANY things r mentioned in the comics, ur just picking one n not thinkin of anythin else. u cant take everything in comicdom at face value, thas ridiculous.

leonheartmm
n if any1 can please use the same logic theyve been using n explain to me the difference in PHYSICAL power of the two supposedly IDENTICAL mutants, i will accept that they are.

nathan summers

leonheartmm
nathan im a HUGE nate AND cable fan, n have read anythin that has em in it, dont assume that i havent. all i want u to do is tell me how two genetically IDENTICAL guys have a different hieght n DIFFERENT physical mutation where one is class ten while the other has human strength.

thesilverspider
nathan im a HUGE nate AND cable fan, n have read anythin that has em in it, dont assume that i havent. all i want u to do is tell me how two genetically IDENTICAL guys have a different hieght n DIFFERENT physical mutation where one is class ten while the other has human strength.
one has the virus and the other was enchanced by sinister.

leonheartmm
thas the REAL explanation ofcourse but i was askin nathan cause he doesnt believe that nate is superior n genetically NOT identical to cable.

Juntai
You can't use another characters feats.
Otherwise I could substitute in Surfer's feats for Terrax.
They draw from "identical" power, right?

Juntai
You can give Cable a win or two of ten, but as forum rules, if the GL is working at optimum power levels should generally make short work of Cable.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Juntai
You can't use another characters feats.
Otherwise I could substitute in Surfer's feats for Terrax.
They draw from "identical" power, right?
but we all know terrax aint shit compared to the surfer.

id369

Juntai

nathan summers

If you're a huge fan of both Nathan and Nate then you'd know everything I'm telling you was fact and not just an opinion. All of their comics appearences have stated that their powers were identical and their genetics were identical aside from; The Techno-Organic virus which blocked Nathan's powers and the circumstances of their development.

When X-Man was created he was made to be a younger version of what Cable could have been had he not been given the techno-virus. When Cable was X-Man's age ( Read Askani'son vol. 1 #1-4 ) he was physically identical to Nate Grey aside from the obvious markings of the virus. Remember, Nathan is in his mid-fifties currently while X-Man was in his early twenties. By all account if X-Man was ever permitted to live a longer life he would have eventually looked like Cable once he reached his mid-fifties.

Speculation on this was revealed during the " Twelve " Saga ( X-Men vol.2 #98 Alan Davis & Terry Kavanagh. ) In this issue the Apocalypse warped reality and Sunfire approached a man he believed to be Cable who later corrected him and identified himself as " Nate Grey ". Also, the older version of X-Man commented on how he and Nathan " shared all the same genes an' all. " Not to mention his appearence was identical to Cable's. Most Marvel writers follow the consensus that Nathan Summers and Nate Grey are genetically identical as well as identical in potential power.

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/issues/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=709

Now as far as their strength differences. Cable grew up in a war-torn era in which he was in constant battle. This forced him, since he didn't have the full range of his powers, to develop himself physically. Also, the added feature of the techno-virus alloted Nathan an enhanced degree of strength. Remeber, half his body is entirely composed of living techno-organic machinery. The majority of his strength though has always been attributed to his bionic limbs. Not unlike the Phalanx.

Any other questions? wink

Warmonger
what differece does it make who is identical to who?

When has cable ever shown that he can beat a Green Lantern?

nathan summers
I'd say since Cable vol.2 #100-107. Cable's techno-organic virus was purged from his body which permitted his latent unfettered psionic powers to manifest. Throughout the Soldier X ( Soldier X vol.1 #1-12 ) series he'd displayed various feats that previously caused a strain on his body and allowed the virus to spread. These feats ranged from sub-atomic manipulation, energy projection, advanced telepathic and telekinetic powers and so forth.

Unfortunately during Soldier X he was struggling to control the surge of power he recently acquired and wasn't able to more accurately use them until Cable & Deadpool when he was coined as " God-Like " Cable. His powers began to manifest themselves as fervently as Nathan Grey's. Though because he had more formal training via The Askani Sisterhood as well as Jean Grey & Xavier he was able to focus them. He was able to cure various infected populations the world over with little more than a concious though. He was in constant communication with every living being on earth while continuously averting wars and so forth telepathically and telekientically. Not to mention he held up a vast Station formerly known as Greymalkin aloft with his will. And there was his battle with the Surfer. For all purposes the Surfer is more durable than even the Green Lantern and Cable was able to hold his own while attempting to avoid conflict with Radd. Both were reconstructing and reconstructing their environment on the sub-atomic level without a concious though. Cable would have given Jordan a run for his money.

Jose123
Originally posted by nathan summers
I'd say since Cable vol.2 #100-107. Cable's techno-organic virus was purged from his body which permitted his latent unfettered psionic powers to manifest. Throughout the Soldier X ( Soldier X vol.1 #1-12 ) series he'd displayed various feats that previously caused a strain on his body and allowed the virus to spread. These feats ranged from sub-atomic manipulation, energy projection, advanced telepathic and telekinetic powers and so forth.

Unfortunately during Soldier X he was struggling to control the surge of power he recently acquired and wasn't able to more accurately use them until Cable & Deadpool when he was coined as " God-Like " Cable. His powers began to manifest themselves as fervently as Nathan Grey's. Though because he had more formal training via The Askani Sisterhood as well as Jean Grey & Xavier he was able to focus them. He was able to cure various infected populations the world over with little more than a concious though. He was in constant communication with every living being on earth while continuously averting wars and so forth telepathically and telekientically. Not to mention he held up a vast Station formerly known as Greymalkin aloft with his will. And there was his battle with the Surfer. For all purposes the Surfer is more durable than even the Green Lantern and Cable was able to hold his own while attempting to avoid conflict with Radd. Both were reconstructing and reconstructing their environment on the sub-atomic level without a concious though. Cable would have given Jordan a run for his money.

But do we no if the surfer was actually trying? For all we know he didn't use his full power and was just trying to make Cable submit.

Warmonger
dleted

nathan summers
But do we no if the surfer was actually trying? For all we know he didn't use his full power and was just trying to make Cable submit.

From the issue it came across as though neither was using the full extent of their powers. Though Cable did seem to strain some since he was exherting his powers elsewhere. ( ie: holding up Providence while reconstructing the damage he and Surfer created. ) While Lantern is tough, he's still no Silver Surfer. Radd's powers are beyond his scope not to mention he's way more durable. Cable with some effort was able to smash Radd's board which isn't a small feat for a non-cosmic powered being. Lantern is still human and still has the same vulnerabilities as any other man. Once Nathan got the ring off Jordan it'd be over. And trrust me -- he could get that ring.

thesilverspider
From the issue it came across as though neither was using the full extent of their powers. Though Cable did seem to strain some since he was exherting his powers elsewhere. ( ie: holding up Providence while reconstructing the damage he and Surfer created. ) While Lantern is tough, he's still no Silver Surfer. Radd's powers are beyond his scope not to mention he's way more durable. Cable with some effort was able to smash Radd's board which isn't a small feat for a non-cosmic powered being. Lantern is still human and still has the same vulnerabilities as any other man. Once Nathan got the ring off Jordan it'd be over. And trrust me -- he could get that ring.

how is he gonna get the ring............ What the f**k?

nathan summers
Cable was the most powerful earth based telepath & telekinetic known. He was so powerful that Reed Richards had to call in the Silver Surfer to defeat him. shifty You tell me how he'd get Hal Jordan's ring.

thesilverspider
Cable was the most powerful earth based telepath & telekinetic known. He was so powerful that Reed Richards had to call in the Silver Surfer to defeat him. shifty You tell me how he'd get Hal Jordan's ring.
nope he can't please tell me how he is gonna get it from Hal.

id369
Well I say Cable stands a good chance against Hall. Its just his high level of power that he achieves. its also the fact the he is written to be a smart fighter in combat.

But GL Hall has bien fighting at borderline cosmic for a vary long time, while Cable only lasted vary short. I say if he had the chance to attain and fought other borderline cosmics (Herlds, Genis/Photon, Sentry, rematch with SS etc..)
Then Id say it would go either way or in Cable favor.

From what we have seen so far, and still not reaching his full potential
6/10 in GL Favor.

If He had more experience (see above) and still reaching his full potential
5/10 it would go either way.

If He had a body that could allow him to achieve his full potential with no negative side effects + more time fighting at that level + his A.I. PC (that use to be in his arm)

7/10 in Cable favor.

The Ion
So if Cable wasn't Cable, he could win. Got it. stick out tongue

id369

id369
Bump.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.