Oh god.. I'm going Vegetarian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ronny
I was just eating salami and i started thinking about Charlottes Web then about pigs and i was like "messed oh god, this is barbaric" and now my tummys mad at me.

Any of you post pictures of meat or wonded animals or anything of that sort I'll shoot you no expression

Alpha Centauri
Ok so who wants to place bets on how long this lasts?

Anyone?

Good luck on said quest though, Ronny.

-AC

eggmayo
Two days tops.

Ronny
Trust me. messed It'll last.

And I'd appreciate it if you didnt mock me yes

Vathu
oh god... no expression I'm goin to fridays for some steak... then to subway for a 12 inch ham and cheese sub. EXTRA ham. no expression

-hh-
1 week

Ronny
roll eyes (sarcastic) **** you

I've really been considering it for a while, my best friend isa very strict vegan so i wont really have alot of trouble with it. But once you start to think about it it really is disgusting, eating meat and all. You dont need it at all. In fact you'd be better off without it.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah it's all well and good to say that (not saying it's not true, you are factually correct) but doing it is a different matter.

Knowing a vegan doesn't mean you can do it though.

-AC

Dark Envy
http://www.unchainyourdog.org/images/photos/Chained-dead-dog.jpg

Ronny
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yeah it's all well and good to say that (not saying it's not true, you are factually correct) but doing it is a different matter.

-AC This is just like you, picking out parts from a post to use from your own benefit without reading the whole this. And dark Envy that is really unnecessary. I can't believe anyone could use something as gruesome as that for humor. You should be ashamed of yourself

You know, you really start to see who your real friends are when something like this comes up. I would expect a little support. I don't put you down for your ways of like, I'd expect the same from you.

I guess I got my hopes up.

Dark Envy
Originally posted by Ronny
This is just like you, picking out parts from a post to use from your own benefit without reading the whole this. And dark Envy that is really unnecessary. I can't believe anyone could use something as gruesome as that for humor. You should be ashamed of yourself

You know, you really start to see who your real friends are when something like this comes up. I would expect a little support. I don't put you down for your ways of like, I'd expect the same from you.

I am. I do care about animals, for I am an owner of a cute terrier. Sorry about the dead dog, just trying to bring the bright side of it.

Ronny
the BRIGHT side? How could you claim to care about animals and post something like that for laughs, thats digusting. Grow the **** up.

Grand Moff Gav
I was just eating salami and i started thinking about Charlottes Web then about pigs and i was like "messed oh god, this is barbaric" and now my tummys mad at me.

Any of you post pictures of meat or wonded animals or anything of that sort I'll shoot you no expression

You will eat meat...... OR DIE !!!!!!!!!...................

Dark Envy
the BRIGHT side? You are such a moron. How could you claim to care about animals and post something like that for laughs, thats digusting. Grow the **** up.

I am growing..Im 13. Please know I hate deaths, and always try to bring up the bright side of it.

Ronny
That explains it then.

And please reread your post. See if it makes any sence to you

Alpha Centauri
Speaking of re-reading posts, Ronny...

From my first post:

Good luck on said quest though, Ronny.

-AC

Then I said this:

I agreed with you then merely stated that talking it and doing it are two different things, so don't assume it'll be easy.

Obviously you must subconsciously not feel you can do it, because I never said anything of the sort. I was joking about the whole bets thing in my first post.

-AC

Ronny
Speaking of re-reading posts, Ronny...

From my first post:

Then I said this:

I agreed with you then merely stated that talking it and doing it are two different things, so don't assume it'll be easy.

Obviously you must subconsciously not feel you can do it, because I never said anything of the sort. I was joking about the whole bets thing in my first post.

-AC I can do it. And I don't subconciously doubt myself on this. Bringing up something like bets, even as a joke, for someones choice of lifestyle is extreamly rude. It shows you don't trust or respect me.

random task
well, might i suggest doing it gradually. don't quit meat cold turkey. give your system a chance to adapt to your new style.

and buy some vitamins to supplement the stuff you won't get form eating a vegetarian diet.

Ronny
Originally posted by random task
well, might i suggest doing it gradually. don't quit meat cold turkey. give your system a chance to adapt to your new style.

and buy some vitamins to supplement the stuff you won't get form eating a vegetarian diet. That was my plan, thanks. happy

Alpha Centauri
I can do it. And I don't subconciously doubt myself on this. Bringing up something like bets, even as a joke, for someones choice of lifestyle is extreamly rude. It shows you don't trust or respect me.

It doesn't show anything of the sort. Stop over-dramatising, Ronny.

Do it then, I don't care if you do or not. You've got nothing to prove to anyone but yourself. You posted the thread and I gave you my support which you chose to overlook, twice.

-AC

eggmayo
I thought you actually became anaemic without enough meat?

Alpha Centauri
Nah, that's not true. I know people who don't eat meat or anything like that.

More often than not they're the healthiest people you could meet. That old vegetarian/skinny theory is so false.

-AC

Ronny
It doesn't show anything of the sort. Stop over-dramatising, Ronny.

Do it then, I don't care if you do or not. You've got nothing to prove to anyone but yourself. You posted the thread and I gave you my support which you chose to overlook, twice.

-AC I overlooked it because I see it as said half heartedly. First your cracking joke then giving me 'support' not even you should be suprised that I dont respond well to it. If your going to support someone you dont make fun of them, ever fool off the street knows that.

KharmaDog
This is just like you, picking out parts from a post to use from your own benefit without reading the whole this.

Uhm, take a pill, maybe a vegan pill, but a pill nonetheless

I can't believe anyone could use something as gruesome as that for humor. You should be ashamed of yourself

With what people do for humour and attention in the OTF should suprises no one.

First of all, how much respect do you expect when you announce that you are going to make a lifestyle change after watching a cartoon pig? Second, if you are looking for love, respect nd support on a community forum you will be sorrily disappointed.

I can do it. And I don't subconciously doubt myself on this. Bringing up something like bets, even as a joke, for someones choice of lifestyle is extreamly rude. It shows you don't trust or respect me.

Yes, castigate AC because of his comments, then go look at some of the comments you have made regarding other peoples' posts or threads and then castigate yourself.

eggmayo
But my Mum is fat, and anaemic, because she doesn't get enough vitamin's or minerals or some crap, I'm not too sure of the specifics.. she's a vegetarian.

Alpha Centauri
I overlooked it because I see it as said half heartedly. First your cracking joke then giving me 'support' not even you should be suprised that I dont respond well to it. If your going to support someone you dont make fun of them, ever fool off the street knows that.

Well what you see it as is quite clearly not what it is.

Stop trying to make excuses for your misinterpretation. You chose to overlook it, I gave my support and agreed with you. I wasn't making fun of you either. I don't see why you're going sick over it.

Jeez.

To add to what KD said, that's exactly right. I support your choice but to class vegetarianism as something easy (which you undeniably did do) is very disrespectful to those who have worked to achieve it.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by eggmayo
But my Mum is fat, and anaemic, because she doesn't get enough vitamin's or minerals or some crap, I'm not too sure of the specifics.. she's a vegetarian.

Yeah that's because of the missing minerals and vitamins. Full-on vegans take pills for that kind of thing.

-AC

KharmaDog
Full-on vegans take pills for that kind of thing.

-AC

Wouldn't taking vitamins in order to get nutrients by means other than your current dietary choices because your choices are lacking in thos vitamins lead one to believe that maybe you are not making the greatest lifestyle decision?

Alpha Centauri
I believe only a vegan can realistically answer that.

As I've said though, from personal experience, all the vegans I have met have been many shapes and sizes. All of them very healthy though, without exception.

-AC

KharmaDog
I have also met many healthy people who eat meat.

The thing is, eat healthy food not garbage. Don't eat a tonne of it. Get sufficient amounts of excercise. ..and you won't be fat.

Being a vegan or vegatarian ( I believe ) is more a choice made out views of animal rights or compassion than it is a health choice.

Alpha Centauri
That's why I don't adhere to stereotypes of vegans.

Not all of the one's I've met have made that choice because of animals at all. They just don't necessarily like the idea of eating blood-soaked flesh that's been sitting on/in a shelf for ages wrapped in plastic only to have it rot in your stomach for a good few hours.

Morrissey of ex-The Smiths said something interesting, to paraphrase:

"Nobody can realistically argue for eating meat. The most they can say is that it's tasty. Yes, but only after it's expertly prepared, garnished, cooked, treated etc. A chair would be tasty after you did all that. You can factually live a healthier life by not eating meat."

-AC

Lana
Well, some people simply don't like meat. I personally rarely eat red meat because I just don't like it. I'd rather eat white meat if I have to eat meat.

Good luck with it, Ronny.

GCG
Meat is tasty.

http://www.crisiscity.com/Features/images/meat.gif

Ronny
Originally posted by Lana
Well, some people simply don't like meat. I personally rarely eat red meat because I just don't like it. I'd rather eat white meat if I have to eat meat.

Good luck with it, Ronny. Thanks Alana happy

Ken Kenobi
Don't you need meat for protein? confused

GCG
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

ah ; but she knows were to get hers from.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by GCG
ah ; but she knows were to get hers from.

Damn...........

Vathu
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

read the posts. Vegans take VITAMINS for the stuff in meat they don't eat.. no expression

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Vathu
read the posts. Vegans take VITAMINS for the stuff in meat they don't eat.. no expression

Meh, didn't feel like READING them all. Vegans are weird anyways.

Ronny
No they're not stick out tongue

I wouldnt be able to be vegan though

GCG
ok ; No more questions for Ronny. Thank you Very Much roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alpha Centauri
What exactly are you attempting then?

You're not eating meat...are you eating fish?

-AC

Ronny
I'm still going to eat seafood for a while yes.

Ken Kenobi
No they're not stick out tongue

I wouldnt be able to be vegan though

It's my opinion, and so with that said, yes they are weird. Vegetarians too.

Alpha Centauri
I'm still going to eat seafood for a while yes.

I thought your problem was that it was harmful to animals and that the health part was secondary? That's how you came across in your first post. The health part seemed to be an aside.

Fish are animals too.

-AC

Lana
She said for a while stick out tongue I think it's more of just transitioning to eating no meat.

Ronny
Exactly what Alana said, and before I stated that I wasnt quitting cold turkey. It wouldnt be healthy to compleatly quit right off

Alpha Centauri
As long as you stand by your convictions, fine by me.

-AC

Ronny
Thanks.

Pyrofly
I went vegetarian, only for about... 4 months tho, then i ended up losing to much weight. So i had to give it up

but i hope it works out for you happy

shaber
That's nothing, how about the introduction to Red Dragon?

Wild Cherry
yay! go you..happy im a vegitarian yes

JacopeX
Originally posted by Dark Envy
http://www.unchainyourdog.org/images/photos/Chained-dead-dog.jpg Yea i saw alot of dead dogs in peru. They were jus left there on the sidewalk

Mišt

Curse those cartoons!

Ronny

hotsauce6548
Good luck, then.

I know a few vegetarians who say if they'd eat meat now, after not having it for so long, they would immediately feel sick and/or throw-up. messed

Interesting how the body works, nonetheless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.