Mon Mothma

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Xizor
How do you think this Senator from Chandrilla will fit into the plotline in Ep2? Will she have a major or minor role? Who will play her and what pushes her into hating Palpatine and creating the alliance. I cast my vote for Catherine McCormick to play A Mothma in her early 30's.

UnknownBountyHunter
Lady Organa and Mon Mothma can't be played by the same actors smile Anyways her role will have to be prominent during and after the Clone Wars, but I doubt we'll see her before.

Xizor
UBH, I changed my mind about the McCormick thing in the Organa site. I hope we see Mothma vehemently against cloning, and we see her arguing/gaining support against Palpy in the senate.

UnknownBountyHunter
I don't think the Clone Wars will start as a discussion. It is probably going to be secret like the Battle of Naboo.

King Jedi
My vote would also go to Catherine McCormack. Mothma should be a politician who suspects that Palpatine isn't what he seems. I think Palpatine will try to kill her but she escapes and starts the Rebellion against the Empire in Ep3. I don't think she should have that big a role. Maybe the same screen time as Boss Nass had in TPM.

Xizor
Oh, I totally agree with that, Palpatine sets it all up on Mandalore and has C'Baoth and other Dark Jedi guard it. Once the senate learns of this however and the war starts, big eruptions go on in the senate. Palpatine is obviously for it, as he plans on building the military force that starts his Empire through clones. Perhaps senators like Bail and Mothma forsee this and blast Palpatine for it in the senate.

tainted one
sorry xizor, i never saw this post. i'll go delete mine above since it was along these same lines. i think it would be cool if Caroline Blakiston returned to the role. here is what i wrote above:

"where is mon motha? is she in the senate during E I?

i hope she has some kind of role in II and III. she is far too important to the rise of the rebellion to leave out. the time she got in VI was not enough if you asked me. anyway, i hope she is appearing in the next two. who do you think should play her character? it would be nice if they could cast Caroline Blakiston to return to the role as they have done with Ian McDiarmid (but they would have to make her look a bit
younger)."

UnknownBountyHunter
Yes, Mon Mothma should be in Ep. II and III. Also Tainted One, your grammar is atrocious.

Dim
I think 2's kind of up in the air, but I think she'll definately be in 3...And they'll have someone fairly young play her. With the amount of cheap talent in Australia there's no real reason to go with an older actress.

UnknownBountyHunter
She has to have some sort of political influence and input on what's going on with the Clone Wars, and how they should proceed with fighting, what strategies they should use, and most importantly, WHO they should use.

Dim
If she is in 2 I think it will be just to show her circulating that manifesto that she wrote so that Lucas can demostrate the opposition to what Palpatine is doing in the Senate.

UnknownBountyHunter
Nah, see has to have some apprehensible grasp over the senate's decisions, therefore she has "some" impact on how the wars are handled.

Jedi Mercenary
MM better be in Ep2, I don;t know what it would be like without her.

UnknownBountyHunter
It would be like an OT movie without Chewbacca. *shudders*

Dim
I never cared about Chewbacca. He was a non-entity to me...

I would think that Mon Mothma would be the one person from OT that they HAVE to have in the prequels.

UnknownBountyHunter
You don't like Chewbacca!?!?!?! Get out! j/k smile

Dim
But I loooooove Ewoks...smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Oh, alright, you lil' Engel.

Dim
smile

UnknownBountyHunter
Ah!, so you know what Engel means?

Dim
Probably not

UnknownBountyHunter
German for Angel.

Dim
Okay...for once I had it figured out smile

UnknownBountyHunter
If you ever heard of the German techno band Rammstein, they have a song titled that.

Dim
Oh...yeah, I've heard of them.

tainted one
UBH, how is my grammar atrocious? i mean, it ain't like i never done no talkin befar.

Xizor
Mothma is a neccisity to the prequels. In Ep2 I'd like to see her campaining in the senate against both Palpatine and cloning. I'd like to see her garnering support against Palpatine's stricter rules and dictatorshop like decisions, verbal fights in the senate would be cool. She can be shown as being a friend to Dodanna, Ob1, Bail and hopefully Garm Bel Iblis. In Ep3 she should have a much larger role. MM fights against slavery and the treatment of the Jedi. She's pinned as a traitor, discharged from the senate and watches as her accomplices are assasinated by Palpatine. She has to escape assasination herself and eventually only her, Bail and Iblis are left to start the rebel alliance. I still think Lucas shouldn't fill all the roles like hers with Aussies. He has enough cash to bring in an established american actress. I'd like to see McCormick, using the 50 something actor who played her in Jedi is not a good idea.

Dim
I agree that we do have to see her in the prequels...she's a very important factor in the Rebellion so it would seem silly not to include her. I don't have a clue who would play her though. I do think it's going to be an Aussie actress just because we haven't heard one little leak that has anything to do with her character (If she's in 2 at all). Mon's kind of hard to pin because she came across as a very soft spoken, sweet, not what you would think of as a leader of a Rebellion. It will be interesting to see if they keep that sort of soft quality about her or if they depict her with a little more fire...Either way it could make for a strange chemistry if she has any scenes (which I would think she would) with Palpatine...

UnknownBountyHunter
She may have been sweet, but as a younger woman she hopefully will have a temper towards the males who are reluctant to not let her have any say. Kind of like a real dictator.

Dim
So we're hoping that she's a hothead who mellows with age?...that would be more in keeping with Lucas's type of strong female character.

UnknownBountyHunter
Not attitude, just a female with spunk.

Dim
More like Marion Ravenwood...not like Willie Scott.

UnknownBountyHunter
Whoever they are, sure wink

Dim
Female leads in the Indiana Jones movies

UnknownBountyHunter
Gotta watch it!, I'll see if I can buy it.

Dim
Yeah..at least get Raiders of the Lost Ark..Marion's the best female lead...Temple of Doom is fun because it's so gross..I didn't know that you've never seen them...

UnknownBountyHunter
Remember, my "blockbuster" section is limited to SW, German Films, and a few select favs from movie stores in New York or Colorado. Also I thought you said the movie was Indiana Jones? Do they also play in Raiders of the Lost Ark and Temple of Doom?

Dim
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom
Indiana Jones and The Search for Holy Grail (something like that)

What's a good German movie?

UnknownBountyHunter

Dim
Well, translate them..(In case they are but they're dubbed)

I know I've seen some German films...but for the life of me I can't think what they are..is "Baxter" French or German?..I can't remember

Dim

Jedi Mercenary
um, I'm Irish.

Dim
Back on topic...Merc, since you haven't been around for a few days do you have anything to add on Mon Mothma?

Xizor
I am adament that she appear. t younger Karen Allen would have made a great Mothma. Do you think we'll hear about Chandrilla in the prequels?

theEviljedi
Colleen Haskell kind of looks like Mothma but cutier.

Xizor
What has she been in?

theEviljedi
Survivor duh.smile

Xizor
I never watched survivor, it's members probably can't act AND we have a topic on this in the General chat forum. Back to Mothma...

theEviljedi
She resembles Mon Mothma kind of thats why I suggested her.

Xizor
Good, EJ let's go back to the council page. I still want more new members opinions on Mothma.

Dim
If they could find a younger Karen Allen type of actress that would work...

I have a feeling we're just lost half the people here to the Jedi Council forum....

theEviljedi
Nope.Only me,UBH and Xizor have been on it.

Dim
Well, that's about half of us...oh well

theEviljedi
No one has been on it for awhile.

Dim
oh well...

How bout Milla Jovavich?...She's got the right coloring

Jedi Mercenary
That sprint girl, the one who always tries to be sneaky??

Xizor
Actresses from chemercials shouldn't be in SW's. Think Merc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.