Your Wife/Husband Dies.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Scenario 1: Your significant other is suddenly diagnosed with something that will tragically kill him/her within a few months. During those few months he/she tells you that they want you to remarry. Do you?

Scenario 2: The same story. Your significant other DOES NOT tell you if they want you to remarry or not. Do you? Or do you believe they'd want you to live off all of your memories of being together with them and stay single for the rest of your life.

smile I just thought it up and figured it would be cool to hear everyone's answers. smile

Ken Kenobi
If I ever found someone else to love, then I would remarry, otherwise stay single.

KharmaDog
You are aware that it is possible to fall in love with more than one person are you not?

Bloigen
Originally posted by DanieLs_4_Ever
Scenario 1: Your significant other is suddenly diagnosed with something that will tragically kill him/her within a few months. During those few months he/she tells you that they want you to remarry. Do you?

Scenario 2: The same story. Your significant other DOES NOT tell you if they want you to remarry or not. Do you? Or do you believe they'd want you to live off all of your memories of being together with them and stay single for the rest of your life.

smile I just thought it up and figured it would be cool to hear everyone's answers. smile

I'm 22 and not married but if I was married i would marry again possibly.

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by KharmaDog
You are aware that it is possible to fall in love with more than one person are you not?
No duh. Im not that dumb. But your wife/husband MAY OR MAY NOT want you to remarry! That's why I started this thread.

PVS
either way i'd pull the plug on her to speed up the process smile

eek! KIDDING!!!!!!

DanieLs_4_Ever
Originally posted by PVS
either way i'd pull the plug on her to speed up the process smile

eek! KIDDING!!!!!!
lmao!

DarkC
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
If I ever found someone else to love, then I would remarry, otherwise stay single.

KharmaDog
No duh. Im not that dumb. But your wife/husband MAY OR MAY NOT want you to remarry! That's why I started this thread.

If that's the case, they never loved you in the first place, they were selfish people who put conditions on your behaviour after they had died. That is not love.

T.M
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi

ditto

Bloigen
If that's the case, they never loved you in the first place, they were selfish people who put conditions on your behaviour after they had died. That is not love.

Calm down, you're turning into Natalie~Luver

Fianna
I agree with Ken...

If the person truely loved you they would want you to move on and be happy even if it wasn't with them....they'd know that the memory of your life and love togehter would be enough...

Bushwacker
And possibly at the same time.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Bloigen

Not aware of who that is, but I am guessing that that is negative.

My point was basically if love is unconditional, and someone is putting conditions on it (even after they are no longer around) not only is it selfish, but it negastes the whole concept of love. So why would you let their wishes contrrol the rest of your life.

Originally posted by Bushwacker

And possibly at the same time.

Very true.

Alpha Centauri
In either scenario, I can't be sure. As much as I would obviously love them, it's my decision to stay single or not. If not, it wouldn't be a light choice. I honestly can't say at this point.

-AC

Vathu
couldn't remarry... if I did it wouldn't be because I truly loved them.. no expression That place would already be taken.. no expression

Jedi Priestess
The very fact that this is in the OTF, guarantees its not going to be taken seriously.

Lana
Originally posted by Bloigen

No he's not, Natalie~Luver was a clueless brat who thought she was soooooo cool and so much better than the rest of us. And a hypocrite at that.

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Vathu
couldn't remarry... if I did it wouldn't be because I truly loved them.. no expression That place would already be taken.. no expression

Are you saying that you believe that it's possible to love only one person in your entire life?

DanieLs_4_Ever
I dont believe it as selfish for someone to deny their other to see anyone else after they've died. In fact I think it quite loving, because I wouldnt want to be forgotten about, or worse..replaced and have someone put forth of me. But that's just me. I do however, understand you.

Alpha Centauri
How can you say it's not selfish to deny someone the right to see anyone else and then list an entire wealth of reasons why YOU wouldn't like it?

What about THEM?

-AC

DanieLs_4_Ever
I gave my answers loud and clear.

Alpha Centauri
You said it's not selfish to deny someone that right, fine. Then you went on to say "I wouldn't want to be forgotten, replace or worse. Have someone put forth of me."

That's selfish.

-AC

Lana
I dont believe it as selfish for someone to deny their other to see anyone else after they've died. In fact I think it quite loving, because I wouldnt want to be forgotten about, or worse..replaced and have someone put forth of me. But that's just me. I do however, understand you.

Actually, that's INCREDIBLY selfish. Not allowing someone to move on with their life and denying them the chance to be happy again?

KharmaDog

Wow, that's incredibly selfish and heartless of you! I think you misunderstand the concept of love. You should want the one you love to be happy not miserable and lonely for the rest of their lives just in order to honour your memory.

Hoping they pine over you just because you never want to be forgotten is both selfish, insecure and almost spiteful.

AOR
Aparently 3:4 say that it is selfish, and in fact it is. I would rather die knowing my wife is happy being married than unhappy being alone. But then again if she's happy being alone, than I'll stop by to keep her company...

DanieLs_4_Ever
Wow, you people COMPLETELY missed my concept. I didnt say I wanted them to crumble up and die all alone, like everyone is taking it. As a matter of fact I didnt even SAY I wouldnt want Daniel/anyone else to re-marry. I just stated that I think it would be rightful for them not to, so they wouldnt forget about me.
That's actually beyond far from selfish.

Alpha Centauri
Why do you assume that continuing and re-marrying means that they'll forget you though? It doesn't mean that at all.

It's not "rightful" for someone to live alone for the rest of their lives. If they choose to, fine. It's not default though. People shouldn't HAVE to feel that way.

It is selfish to say "It's rightful for them not to remarry because I don't want to be forgotten." Which is what you just said.

-AC

KharmaDog
Wow, you people COMPLETELY missed my concept. I didnt say I wanted them to crumble up and die all alone, like everyone is taking it. As a matter of fact I didnt even SAY I wouldnt want Daniel/anyone else to re-marry. I just stated that I think it would be rightful for them not to, so they wouldnt forget about me.
That's actually beyond far from selfish.

If you believe that just by remarrying someone that you'll be forgotten, that is more you insecurity than best wishes for the one you supposedly love.

shaber
Did anyone see scary movie three? One of the actors agrees with his dying spouse to not remarry, but puts a hand over her mouth when she is trying to say the words (and no sex)

CrazyInLove
I probably wouldn't know what i'd do until the time came... but I know that i'd never ever be as happy... it would be a second love.. nothing would ever beat the first one. I might remarry, but I probably wouldn't.... I would want my husband to move on and try to continue on with life.. even though it might be hard.. i'd want him to find happiness... and that would be what he would want me to do too. But it'd never be the same.

AOR
Originally posted by shaber
Did anyone see scary movie three? One of the actors agrees with his dying spouse to not remarry, but puts a hand over her mouth when she is trying to say the words (and no sex)

The "broken in half" scene? When the officer tries to explain to the guy that his wife is broken in half between a car and a tree....pretty funny

BlackSunshine
I'm not married but I think personally,if my significant other were to die, it would be very hard and would take a long time for me to be able to love someone as much as him. If I were to die though I would hope that he would move on and be happy and make the best with the rest of his life.

Rogue Jedi
i would live out the rest of my life alone and miserable. no way i could ever remarry.

shaber
In all seriousness I would if at all possible insist that they not have a relationship with anyone I wouldn't think highly of (in the event of my death).

leonheartmm
i wouldnt remarry, infact id probably end up killin myself after they were gone, if its the woman im in love with.

leonheartmm
we have to consider that u losin ur sex drive or sumthin to warm urself with at night in bed is not as much as the one whos dying will lose. even if she never asked i would willingly try to never get involved with sum1.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.