The Curse of the Remix?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Are they ever worth it? I've heard a couple of remixed songs I like, but like film sequels, do they ever equal or surpass the originals?

Or are they just a waste of time? Should songs be left alone?

What are you favourite/least favourite remixes?

-AC

jaden101
mmm...its hard to find remixes that are well done...one i particularly like is the pump panel remix of new orders confusion...everyone knows it as the tune from the slaughterhouse party in blade...it's one of the few techno tracks i can stand

some of the bloc party remixes on the silent alarm re-release were quite good in my opinion

trent reznor when he remixed megadeth's symphony of destruction...that was also pretty damn good

Alpha Centauri
I thought of it because The Cure have a remix album which I never bothered picking up until recently (I owned all their albums previously). Never saw the point just because I don't really like remixes. It's basically songs remixed by them from various albums of theirs.

It's brilliant, really fantastic.

-AC

Afro Cheese
The remix of Can It Be All So Simple on Raekwon's Cuban Linx album is pretty good.. though it still doesn't touch the original.

Lana
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I thought of it because The Cure have a remix album which I never bothered picking up until recently (I owned all their albums previously). Never saw the point just because I don't really like remixes. It's basically songs remixed by them from various albums of theirs.

-AC

My brother has that, I think - it is really good.

-hh-
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
The remix of Can It Be All So Simple on Raekwon's Cuban Linx album is pretty good.. though it still doesn't touch the original. true

Pharoahe Monch- Simon Says

that's a decent tract. pharoahe was trying to go a bit more commercial , but the remix is pointless.

Alpha Centauri
I think Method Man's verse on that song is amazing though. Busta Rhymes' was also good.

That was when he was actually a unique MC and not some Pussycat Dolls singing idiot.

-AC

-hh-
I think Method Man's verse on that song is amazing though. Busta Rhymes' was also good.

That was when he was actually a unique MC and not some Pussycat Dolls singing idiot.

-AC yea the verse was good, but as an overall song, it's weak. i was expecting alot more from Redman.

Deathblow
Pete Rock's remix of ''Deceptacons'' by One Be Lo, The Prodigy's remix of ''Release Yo Delf'' by Meth and the bonus track remix of ''Heavenly Divine'' by Jedi Mind Tricks are outstanding. The second two definitely better than the originals.

Other than that, the remixes of APC's ''Judith'' and ''The Outsider'' are great, and DJ Lethal did a really sweet mix of Limp Bizkit's ''Counterfeit'', which obviously blows the original out of the water.

JacopeX
Are they ever worth it? I've heard a couple of remixed songs I like, but like film sequels, do they ever equal or surpass the originals?

Or are they just a waste of time? Should songs be left alone?

What are you favourite/least favourite remixes?

-AC

Ya viene el sol (beatle bob remix) - OZOMATLI

WAS DA SHIT!!!!

Yo the normal version was so bad when i heard it. I fell asleep. I think remixes are better to have than not having them at all.

Solo
Didn't think Beck's new album "Guerolito" was necessary. It's alright, but it just wasn't needed.

Pointinel
1. street dreams remix -nas
2. why remix - jadakiss

thats all i can think

Afro Cheese
Remixes of songs done by other artists count? In that case I also liked Blackstar's remix of Children's Story.

-hh-
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Remixes of songs done by other artists count? In that case I also liked Blackstar's remix of Children's Story. thumb up great song

Victor Von Doom

Don't use the word fantastic ever again.

I told you Mixed Up was good. Had to ignore it and then acknowledge it, didn't you.

koolruningz
Originally posted by Deathblow
and the bonus track remix of ''Heavenly Divine'' by Jedi Mind Tricks are outstanding. The second two definitely better than the originals.

You reckon the remix of Heavenly Divine is better than original? Damn thats one of my favourite tracks on the album, its amazing how 2 people can hear it so differently.

-hh-
Originally posted by koolruningz
You reckon the remix of Heavenly Divine is better than original? Damn thats one of my favourite tracks on the album, its amazing how 2 people can hear it so differently.

i didn't like the remix of heavenly divine too much.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
The two remixes that I enjoy the most are also my two dirtiest, cheapest, ugliest, poppiest, guiltiest pleasures:

Ignition (Remix) - R. Kelly
Numb/Encore - Jay Z Vs. Linkin Park

F*ck all you guys! You're all f*cking dicks! **** you!

Ken Kenobi
Numb/Encore? That wasn't good IMO the 2 songs couldn't be any more different.

Anyways, I personally love NIN's remix of APC's "Judith" I believe it to be better than the original.

Alpha Centauri
I think that was Danny Lohner, not NIN.

Might have been, but pretty sure it wasn't. Don't remember though.

-AC

Ken Kenobi
I think that was Danny Lohner, not NIN.

Might have been, but pretty sure it wasn't. Don't remember though.

-AC

It might have been Danny, but the track I have says NIN, though I might have been misinformed.

JacopeX
In my opinion, if yall think remixes are a waste of time, you have very bed taste of songs and music!

Alpha Centauri
How does that work out? If I love the original song, but dislike the remix...I therefore like shit songs?

No, I'm not following you there.

-AC

Bierbommetje
I kinda liked the Clawfinger remix of Sonne.

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by JacopeX
In my opinion, if yall think remixes are a waste of time, you have very bed taste of songs and music!

erm No, that's not it. Like AC said, the originals (of the songs we like) are great, but sometimes the remixes are just utter shit. Especially when they are turned into Dance Remixes. sick

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
Numb/Encore? That wasn't good IMO the 2 songs couldn't be any more different.

I detest Linkin Park, and I think 'Encore' is only OK, but together they seem to work. I just love that 'duh-duh-duh, duh-dohhhhh-duhhhhhhhh' riff. As soon as Chesterhead starts singing, it goes down-hill...

-hh-
Originally posted by JacopeX
In my opinion, if yall think remixes are a waste of time, you have very bed taste of songs and music! once again, the stupidity of JacopeX is revealed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.