Echuu-Shen Jon vs. Shaak Ti

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master Vos
Who would win between Echuu-Shen Jon and Shaak Ti?
The setting is the Jedi Temple.

Captain REX
Echuu-Shen Jon was a brilliant swordsman, trained by Master Windu himself. Shaak Ti is quite adept herself, but I think Master Jon would be more skilled than her. Though, she does sit on the Council...

Master Vos
Despite the fact that Shaak Ti is good, Jon would kill her. Jon after all survived Order 66, and he killed Sevrance'Tann.

Captain REX
Echuu-Shen Jon was not present for Order 66. He imposed himself into isolation on the planet that he kill Tann on, and was not heard from again until the Rebellion stumbled across him.

Tangible God
He died like a pimp though.

Captain REX
Is that a good thing or bad thing? stick out tongue

He fought Vader and prevented the Empire from getting some Jedi artifact, I'd say that's a pretty cool way to go out.

Council#13
I would say Echuu Shen Jon cause he survived the Purge

Darth Traya
Whilst Echuu is good, he was beat by the mechanical Vader, which kind of leaves his combat abilities in doubt.

Council#13
Oh yeah forgot about that

kamikz
That was after around 20 years of no traning, if this is the younger version of Jon I belive he will take her down.

Also, read "The Rise of Darth Vader", he is no slouch in combat really.

kingkman
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Whilst Echuu is good, he was beat by the mechanical Vader, which kind of leaves his combat abilities in doubt.

Mechanical Vader is really good. He is completely underestimated.

Darth Traya
Originally posted by kingkman
Mechanical Vader is really good. He is completely underestimated.

No, the mechanical Vader is a travesty of a Sith Lord. He's a cripple and he's crap.

overlord
Originally posted by Council#13
I would say Echuu Shen Jon cause he survived the Purge Yes, C3PO survived it too..Originally posted by Darth Traya
No, the mechanical Vader is a travesty of a Sith Lord. He's a cripple and he's crap. Yes, that is the general opinion around this forum, still isn't very convincing though.

Darth Traya
Why not? Lucas says so himself. Vader is horrifically crippled after his beating on Mustafar. He is worse than ROTS Anakin Skywalker. His force abilities are somewhat crippled considering the amount of flesh (and therefore midichlorians) that he lost.

Deal with it, man. Vader is fairly weak.

henniestevens
Grievous was cripple too, but I haven't seen Shaak Ti defeat him without any effort. I think Vaders suit is better than Grievous his one, because the new technologies and because Vader was a Dark Lord and had to get a very good suit. (of course Sidious wanted the best for his apprentice) Plus the fact Vader can use the force.
He would destroy Shaak Ti just like Echuu.

overlord
Yeah, I think it's obvious that Vaders suit strengthened him to a very high degree thus allowing him to fight off opponents much more effectively. Of course he's crippled but it's science fiction, his suit actually gave him at least some advantages..

And no Traya, I won't deal with this dumb general assumption of that he's weak as I don't accept prejudice. I will change my mind with proper arguments though.

kamikz
Originally posted by overlord
Yes, C3PO survived it too.. Yes, that is the general opinion around this forum, still isn't very convincing though.

There is a big difference.

1. C-3PO wasent a target of the Empire, they didn't care a crap about him.
2. He wasent alone, surviving, he had alot of help and was around people all the time.

Still I agree with your point, surviving the purge is really nothing to go on here, it doesent exactly indicate uber power.

Darth Traya
Yeah, I think it's obvious that Vaders suit strengthened him to a very high degree thus allowing him to fight off opponents much more effectively. Of course he's crippled but it's science fiction, his suit actually gave him at least some advantages..

And no Traya, I won't deal with this dumb general assumption of that he's weak as I don't accept prejudice. I will change my mind with proper arguments though.

Physical strength? Yes. Lightsabre wise? No.

Read "Dark Lord-The Rise of Darth Vader", Vader can barely lift his hands above his shoulders. Secondly, Vader is fairly weighed down by his suit.

overlord
Lightsaber wise, Vader would still be better than ROTS Anakin.
OT Vader completed the training of Sidious and he perfected his lightsaber fighting style and became a master duellist, ROTS Anakin would never be able to defeat himself with so much more experience.

Of course there are major dissadvantages for wearing such a suit because otherwise everybody in the empire would get one but Vader (although with less force potential) overcame them and became a masterduellist in his own right. ROTS Vader was far from it, he couldn't even keep a cool head in battles.

Darth Traya
OT Vader completed the training of Sidious and he perfected his lightsaber fighting style and became a master duellist, ROTS Anakin would never be able to defeat himself with so much more experience.

Of course there are major dissadvantages for wearing such a suit because otherwise everybody in the empire would get one but Vader (although with less force potential) overcame them and became a masterduellist in his own right. ROTS Vader was far from it, he couldn't even keep a cool head in battles.

Master duelist? Stop spouting crap, Lucas said himself that the OT Vader is weaker than ROTS Vader.

overlord
Originally posted by Darth Traya
Master duelist? Stop spouting crap, Lucas said himself that the OT Vader is weaker than ROTS Vader. What? Are you angry now?

You don't change my opinion with that. My previous points still stand that it isn't logical that ROTS Vader could ever beat OT Vader.

kamikz

Far from a master duellist? He was in the top 10 of the order, even the top 5. All the battles we saw him fight was very emotional for him, he couldent keep his head cool because to many feelings were involved. Everytime no feelings are in the battle Anakin is awefully good, he beated Assaj Ventress twice, as a padawan and as a knight while most masters (that were also in the top 10) lost those battles. He also defeated Cin Drallig and two other jedi at the same time.

Vader was crippled, as Traya said, he couldent lift his lightsaber over his head because the suit was so heavy. Try putting on alot of weights on your hands and feet, over your whole body, then try to fight someone who is in the top 5 duellists in the world at the same time your breathing through a straw, not that easy huh.

You have no proof that Vader was worse then ROTS Anakin? In the movie his worse, according to GL hes worse, he lost potential and became alot slower.

Also, in one of the EU books, when Vader doesent agree with the Emperor, he takes a grasp around Vaders breathing machine and prevents him from breathing, Anakin could probably do the same.

overlord
You again? Why don't you just revive the Vader/Anakin thread immediately?

And yes, he was still far from a true master duellist in ROTS because of his mentality and experience. Sure he was great for his age but it takes a whole lot longer to reach the level of a jedi master such as Dooku or Yoda.
When finally arrived at the point of the ANH hope time, he indeed finished his training under one of the best tutors there is and he perfected his way of duelling.

And the crippled thing is exagurated just to fit your accommodation. You're acting as if the technology is earth based while it indeed allowed him to move around like any man as seen in the OT. He isn't showing any signs at all that he could barely hold up his arm.
Your overlooking basic logic because you still want to win this little arguement.

Sorry, but the measily amount of arguments to Vader still being weaker after decades of experience and perfecting skills are not impressive.

As for the choking part.. I'll give you that.
But I'm more concerned about the simple assumption of OT Vader being weak.

Council#13
Yes, C3PO survived it too..

Yes but C-3PO wasnt hunted by the Galactic Republic, thousands of clone troopers, and two Sith Lords believing him to be a thread

overlord
C3PO was even better! He destroyed the jedi single handedly.
Die jedi dogs, die!!!
http://homepage.mac.com/dtrull/pix/aotc/diejedidogs.jpg

kamikz
You again? Why don't you just revive the Vader/Anakin thread immediately?

And yes, he was still far from a true master duellist in ROTS because of his mentality and experience. Sure he was great for his age but it takes a whole lot longer to reach the level of a jedi master such as Dooku or Yoda.
When finally arrived at the point of the ANH hope time, he indeed finished his training under one of the best tutors there is and he perfected his way of duelling.

And the crippled thing is exagurated just to fit your accommodation. You're acting as if the technology is earth based while it indeed allowed him to move around like any man as seen in the OT. He isn't showing any signs at all that he could barely hold up his arm.
Your overlooking basic logic because you still want to win this little arguement.

Sorry, but the measily amount of arguments to Vader still being weaker after decades of experience and perfecting skills are not impressive.

As for the choking part.. I'll give you that.
But I'm more concerned about the simple assumption of OT Vader being weak.

You were the one that started the argument so why don't you do it yourself.

We have both proof and quotes from GL saying he is weaker than ROTS Anakin, why do you go against the god of SW, because you want Vader to be better?

I'm not saying Vader is weak, hell no. But I don't think he can match ROTS Anakin that's all.

The suit Vader wears is described as heavy, plus that he doesent have as good control over his hands and legs as he did before, neither can they move as fast.

K let's quit this and go back on topic.

Council#13
What?

overlord
Originally posted by kamikz
You were the one that started the argument so why don't you do it yourself.

We have both proof and quotes from GL saying he is weaker than ROTS Anakin, why do you go against the god of SW, because you want Vader to be better?

I'm not saying Vader is weak, hell no. But I don't think he can match ROTS Anakin that's all.

The suit Vader wears is described as heavy, plus that he doesent have as good control over his hands and legs as he did before, neither can they move as fast.

K let's quit this and go back on topic. The thing is that you budded in to the same discussion I had with you already somewhere else, I love it though how you can begin to discuss me and quickly say we should get back on topic. You have to at least give me a chance of defending myself.

Your so called proof wich allowed you to create this opinion of yours is cute but not very explaining and I can just as easily take those comments another way like that he of course lost an extreme amount of power and needed revalidation what is logical but it isn't logical to me that Vader would be worse after completing training now under Sidious and perfecting his skills bringing him from apprentice to master duelist.

Point is that I don't want to proof you that he is better after all that experience and maturing but that it is the most logical idea. And the arguments for your side aren't really proving mine wrong.

kamikz
Overlord, you do not need to comment or mock everything I say in my post, just defend yourself right away.

You still havent really answered all of my questions either.

You seem to belive that because Vader has trained longer he is better, but you seem to forget all the things that makes him weaker.
He might be more skilled with the lightsaber, but he is not quick enough to move. His mechanical limbs makes it harder for him to move and his breathing makes it harder for him to regain his stamina.
Think about it, if Vader can barley lift his hands above his head, how can he then deflect strikes that can land over his head, then at his feet, then at his waist. I think Vader is outmatched by opponents because of their speed and agility and his lack of it. He is weaker in the force but more coolheaded than his younger self, but that cannot help him in every case. Also note that Anakin is almost always frustrated in the battles we see him battle in the films. He is not a big dumbass that makes mistakes all the time in a battle, he is an awesome warrior and swordsman.
So it's basically the lack of speed that I put him under ROTS Anakin.

And so were on again lol.

henniestevens
haha Vader cant raise his hands above his head?? then plz tell me who threw palpatine in the reactor at the and of ROTJ? yes it was Vader.
And where were his hands?? above his head, and the other was cut off. And his speed may have decreased, but remember that's not everything what matters in a battle.

overlord
@Kamikz

Well, speed isn't everything and Vader may seem like it but the technology provided was indeed sufficient to fight fluently as seen in the OT. So only the fact that ROTS Vader seemed faster is the pillar holding your argument.
I don't like to repeat this argument but speed is the main feature shown in Ataru and it overcomes a lot of opponents but it wasn't the most effective way of fighting as shown with Qui-Gon who was beaten by Maul although perfecting Ataru.
Yoda also displayed why it wasn't a great fighting style as it tired him too fast and wasn't great with Dooku stalling him with Makashi.
Out of these reasons, I assume that Vaders perfected style was mainly effective and power based and didn't need all this show to be effective.

Also the SW database claims that he hunted down the last jedi. Not that I'm claiming that these remaining jedi would be as good as ROTS Vader but apperantly Vaders ultimate way of fighting was indeed effective against other ways of dueling.
And that is why I think it is the most logical to say that Vader indeed got better after the decades of experience and training.

kamikz
It also says that Vader singelhandedly defeated the jedi order (WTF).
His troopers probably did most of the work, he was with them though. I don't belive he took on all the jedi in duels.

Well there is a difference between fast versus average and fast versus slow-motion (lol). Maul and Dooku were both very fast, Vader was not as we see in the movie.

I never said he couldent lift his hands above his head, just that it was barley and probably a slow progress. In the end, when Luke was getting fried, he did it to save Luke and used all the strenght left in him. When someone you love is in danger or need help you often get stronger.

Though I belive he was equal or stronger than ROTS Anakin in force powers. He had more traning to perfect them, even though his potential was ultimatley lower and he got a little bit weaker.

I belive that the only people in the film that is able to beat Vader is some of the main characters, Obi, Annie, Yoda, Dooku, Mace, Sidious. To say he is weak is totally wrong, that I agree.

Thank you for appreciating what I said and answere right away.

Darth Traya
In "Dark Lord" Vader is unable to properly defend himself from a Jedi Padawan and only by almost killing himself is he able to kill her.

Se7in
This is ridiculous. Why are you arguing over the strength of OT Vader over ROTS Vader, they aren't even apart of this thread.

If you really want to discuss this, make a thread for it and try to keep it half decent, unlike the majority of the threads here.

BTW, Shaak Ti wins.

CaveDude33211
Originally posted by -kV-
Despite the fact that Shaak Ti is good, Jon would kill her. Jon after all survived Order 66, and he killed Sevrance'Tann.

thumb up

carthage
Mendor Typhoons solos them both

Total Warrior

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.