Master Vrook Vs Atris

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarthMaul9123
i think this is an honestly even match i dont know much of atris' fighting techniques, but i learned from vrook and kavar and the rest of em

Darth_Glentract
Atris is more of a historian. Vrook takes this.

Brotz
Vrook Lamar was the Juyo master of his time and even with Atris' knowledge of the dark side of the force, Vrook can heal himself very easily and despite being a old man, he has great endurance. Vrook owns Atris (quite literally).

exanda kane
<inserts sexist joke>

Darth Traya
Now, now. I think you're all underestimating Atris, she has several advantages:

1) She is not prohibited by the Jedi Code. She will use offensive powers, where as Vrook will not.

2) She as the Archivist has access to a plethora of knowledge. Add the Sith artifacts that she possesses and she beats Vrook in the knowledge department. She also has several relics from Ossus, some of which could have provided her with much knowledge of the Jedi.

3) Whilst this is more of an ancillary point, Atris was considered powerful enough by Kreia (a woman who curbstomped Vrook and two of his colleagues, including the Chief of the Guardians and another wise master) to take the title of Darth Traya (a title that she held for a few minutes).

4) Intelligence. Atris is seemingly quite intelligent, more so than the rather narrow minded Vrook. She would (presumably) have more knowledge of lightsabre forms, force attacks et cetera than Vrook.

Atris could beat down Vrook through her superior knowledge, then use her intelligence to exploit a weakness in Master Vrook.

Atris wins...

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Darth Traya
1) She is not prohibited by the Jedi Code. She will use offensive powers, where as Vrook will not.

That doesn't mean he can't defend against them. Look at how Yoda did against Sidious. Vrook actually will still use things like force push and such which can be very helpful in a battle.

2) She as the Archivist has access to a plethora of knowledge. Add the Sith artifacts that she possesses and she beats Vrook in the knowledge department. She also has several relics from Ossus, some of which could have provided her with much knowledge of the Jedi.

Vrook could have seen that knowledge on Ossus or on Dantooine over the last 40 years. Vrook has had a full 30 or so years of time with which to study more than she does.

3) Whilst this is more of an ancillary point, Atris was considered powerful enough by Kreia (a woman who curbstomped Vrook and two of his colleagues, including the Chief of the Guardians and another wise master) to take the title of Darth Traya (a title that she held for a few minutes).

There really wasn't anyone left for Kreia to have chosen to be her succesor.

4) Intelligence. Atris is seemingly quite intelligent, more so than the rather narrow minded Vrook. She would (presumably) have more knowledge of lightsabre forms, force attacks et cetera than Vrook.

I don't know why she would have had more knowledge of lightsaber forms. Vrook didn't seem more narrow-minded to me. She was the one who was practically begging the Order to kill the Exile and still held a grudge on him years later. She also kept thinking that she was the last of the Jedi when the Exile was standing right in front of her.

Atris could beat down Vrook through her superior knowledge, then use her intelligence to exploit a weakness in Master Vrook.

It's more likely then not that Vrook has more knowledge since he has equal access to it and more time with which to study it and he has shown himself to be just as intelligent as Atris.

Atris wins...

I'm not saying Atris loses, but it's kind of early to state that she wins.

kingkman
I agree with the fact that Atris wins but i still believe that Vrook is more intelligent than her and he probably has more knowledge of the jedi ways too.

Darth_Glentract
If Vrook is more intelligent and has more knowledge, what would make you think Atris would win? She certainly isn't a better fighter, because she was a historian and Vrook was more of a combatent and old enough to have fought in the Great Sith War.

Darth Traya
Vrook is narrow minded and fairly idiotic. He is arrogant and basically moronic to the point of death (that being said, Atris was bigoted too).

Council#13
i dont know who the hell either is but i say.....

Vrook for varities sake

Fishy
VRook was in command or the second in command of the high council of that time. He was also entrusted with retraining Revan, something only the most powerful masters did. Vrook and Vandar, and of course those that normally inhabited Dantooine.

Atris was also on the high council but she was not the head nor the second in command, she was not the warrior Vrook was, she had never seen war or battle according to the Exile. She has never trained a student and seems to go by only on knowledge. Without the training without the fighting and without the students to practice against well she could never ever be as powerful as Vrook.

Atris is a historian and although she could have had great knowledge, She seems unable to use that against her advantage, I don't think she has the power to take Vrook down.

kingkman
Gameplay from KOTOR2 shows us that Atris was more skilled in lightsaber combat and the force than Vrook.

kingkman
By the way Fishy it's usually the wisest most intelligent decision makers that are high up on the council. How much of a warrior has no effect on that position.

Fishy
Originally posted by kingkman
Gameplay from KOTOR2 shows us that Atris was more skilled in lightsaber combat and the force than Vrook.

Gameplay means shit... I had more trouble with Sion at times then I had with Kreia, does that mean Sion is more powerful? Hell no, I had more problems with beats and Sith in the higher levels then I had with Jedi Masters does that mean they are more powerful? Hell no. Its gameplay.

kingkman
If that's so then your character might have been a bit messed up. And how is gameplay shit. It's pretty much all we can go by with this duel. You can go on about who has had more experience etc. for a long time but at the end of the day you can't be certain so that means shit. The fact is it was harder for the Exile to take out Atris then it was to take out those jedi masters.

kingkman
Originally posted by Fishy
Gameplay means shit... I had more trouble with Sion at times then I had with Kreia, does that mean Sion is more powerful? Hell no, I had more problems with beats and Sith in the higher levels then I had with Jedi Masters does that mean they are more powerful? Hell no. Its gameplay.

And in the duels that the Exile has at Malachor V, Sion is more poweful than Kreia.

kamikz
PWND. ( Ment for Fishys reply to gameplay experience)

Kingman, we can't go by gameplay. In that case, Atton could be better than Kreia or Sion or even Revan. There is parts that are canon but also parts that are just for the sake of gameplay. The Exile never duelled those jedi masters.

Anyway I agree with (almost) all the posts here from the different sides so I'll decide later.

Blind Guardian
Darth Traya puts up a good argument, and besides, Atris was an Echani and deadly enough to wreck Brianna in combat. I think she can hold her own, though it won't be an easy battle. Vrook is strong.

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by kingkman
hardly vrook was more of a challenge than Atris

Fishy
Originally posted by Blind Guardian
Darth Traya puts up a good argument, and besides, Atris was an Echani and deadly enough to wreck Brianna in combat. I think she can hold her own, though it won't be an easy battle. Vrook is strong.

The Handmaiden means shit... Atris might be an Echani, but being an Echani means nothing. Besides who ever said Atris was an Echani, I have seen no evidence of it really? Perhaps I missed something but I haven't heard it in the game ever.

anyways, the Handmaiden means nothing she is at best a weak new Jedi and at worst an Echani warrior, that by the way probably just killed her sisters so she's going to be tired as hell. Atris taking her out is well logical.

Bergmar
???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.