Diplomatic Immunity

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
Logically, wouldn't Fantastic Four or other heroes break law every time they fight Doctor Doom? He is the ruler of Latveria, so wouldn't he have diplomatic immunity on United States? Like Namor has?

King_Mungi
Yep, you should read Alpha Flight that very issue came up. Guardian just beat Doom and was about to lay the smackdown on him when he pulled the diplomatic immunity act on him

DarkCrawler
laughing out loud

I think I remember that Spider-Man had something similar.

http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9839/namorcourt3xv.gif

K Von Doom
I think they can throw down as much as they want, they just can't arrest him for anything.

DarkCrawler
I think that attacking a head of a nation would be considered a serious crime...stick out tongue

willRules
The thing is Diplomatic immunityonly protects you so much, you can still be arrested depending on the severity of the crime or how man times you commited a crime.................

DarkCrawler
Usually people don't arrest kings or presidents in another country, I think. Could start a war or something. big grin

Well yeah, Namor wages war on surface world every sunday, but it's not like someone would take it seriously anymore. And Doctor Doom is...DOOM. But are there anymore heads of state that are also villains? I know that Zod is ruler of Pokolistan in DC universe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.