Beta Ray Bill VS. Green Lantern Kyle Rayner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes it?

Battle takes place in space.

Debate.

Dizzle
BRB, fairly easily. Hal, maybe. Kyle? Not a chance.

Blair Wind
Kyle has done things that Hal wasnt able to do, and people have remarked that Kyle (has or will, I can really remember) passed Hal....so im thinking it could be a better fight than you think....

Dizzle
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Kyle has done things that Hal wasnt able to do, and people have remarked that Kyle (has or will, I can really remember) passed Hal....so im thinking it could be a better fight than you think....

Ion vs. Parallax, certainly. As a GL though, no one is better than Hal. It's pretty much a rule in DC. Kyle has imagination, Hal has pure willpower. Beta Ray Bill rips up planets. I'm not saying Kyle's not a good GL. I'm saying Bill would beat Hal more than not, and Kyle is in no way as powerful as Hal. Better as a shark catcher, maybe. But at blowing up stuff? Not even close.

Blair Wind
was he Ion when he brawled with Traitor? cuz if he wasnt then hal wasnt even able to fight like kyle did against him....

Blair Wind
could someone give me better stats and bio on BRB? i know he has something to do with thor...but thats about it...

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Blair Wind
could someone give me better stats and bio on BRB? i know he has something to do with thor...but thats about it...

he is pretty much thor but slightly better fighter and a killer instinct.

Dizzle
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/betaraythor.htm

The Ion
Hmmm. Kyle always steps it up to match tough opponents but I'm still inclined to say Bill 6/10. Hal wouldn't do any better.

Dizzle
Meh, I'd say Bill takes 8 against Kyle, 6 against Hal. Simply because I don't think Kyle will be able to defend himself as well as Hal would, because of Bill's massive amounts of raw power. Against more versatile people, I'd say Kyle does comparatively better. Against guys like Bill, it's Hal all the way. Against each other, Hal still remains the best of the best within the Corps.

TheKahn
Personally, I like Kyle more than Hal, but BRB just has too much power, skill, and experience. I'd say BRB 8/10

thesilverspider
kyle has the best post crisis feats but hal still number 1

Dizzle
Originally posted by TheKahn
Personally, I like Kyle more than Hal, but BRB just has too much power, skill, and experience. I'd say BRB 8/10

Kyle is definitely cooler... Unfortunately, cool does not equal powerful. Unless you're Batman.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Dizzle
Kyle is definitely cooler... Unfortunately, cool does not equal powerful. Unless you're Batman.

laughing

The Ion
Eh. I find Hal to be overrated when compared to the other Lanterns. People say he's the best mainly because DC hammered that down our throats even when that bloke was dead and buried.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by The Ion
Eh. I find Hal to be overrated when compared to the other Lanterns. People say he's the best mainly because DC hammered that down our throats even when that bloke was dead and buried.

yea......that damn shark

Dizzle
Originally posted by The Ion

Overrated, possibly, but definitely the one with the most willpower, and therefore the most raw power. Kyle can give him a fight, but Hal has done some crazy stuff. Wormholes, FTL flying, time stops, matter and energy manipulation, you name it. Kyle's more interesting, and probably more effective with his constructs, but Hal's willpower beats the crap out of his.

The Ion
And Kyle has done amazing feats too. Creating life is probably the best feat I've seen from a GL and while Hal has been on Earth slugging it out with Black Hand, Kyle has been leading the Corps in Recharge.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Dizzle
Overrated, possibly, but definitely the one with the most willpower, and therefore the most raw power. Kyle can give him a fight, but Hal has done some crazy stuff. Wormholes, FTL flying, time stops, matter and energy manipulation, you name it. Kyle's more interesting, and probably more effective with his constructs, but Hal's willpower beats the crap out of his.

What about Guy Gardner? Is he as powerful as Hal? If I remember correctly when the alien green lantern died and sent his ring to find a replacement, both Guy and Hal were equally worth. The only difference was that Hal was closer

Blair Wind
Kyles done some crazy stuff, resisting Darksied and not being his drone, blowing up Traitor with an EMP while he was almost dead, fighting Traitor in the first place....and just a quick question....who was the one holding the sun in his "hands"??? wasnt that kyle....thats gotta take some damn willpower.....i dunno im inclined to think that Kyle is surpassing Hal, but no one will ever give him as much respect, because hal came first....

King_Mungi
Both are great books, Recharge is awesomesmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.