Nowadays, good posters are hard to find.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FeceMan
This seems to be a growing complaint among many people on KMC in recent years. Many posters today are extremely stupid, with unreasonably low expectations regarding what "qualifies" as a legitimate post. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have freedom of speech, but if you're a ****ing moron, sound like a retard, and have the debating skills of a Special Olympics forensics team, then you should shut the hell up and leave KMC.

Even those who fit the above description have lowered their posting standards a bit. You don't even have to make a lick of sense--or even meet the bare minimum requirements of joining the aforementioned Special Olympics team--to qualify as KMC material. So what should we, as KMC posters, do to stop this growing trend of idiocy on the KMC boards? We've gotta put these dumbshits in their place before things get out of hand...any more than they already have.

Discuss!

GCG
Originally posted by FeceMan
leave KMC.

That has recently been on my mind.

Capt_Fantastic
Well, I've been here since '03, and I haven't noticed much of a change. KMC is one of those places where every kind of person and age group ends up. So, as a broad representation of humanity is represented, it's only reasonable to expect people from both ends of the spectrum and every where in-between to say what they think.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who post here who are just f***ing ignorant! Common sense is an oxymoron, as it is never common. There are people here who have different views than I do, and I think that's great. It makes the debates and discussions well rounded and even educational. Since there are often so many voices sharing their POV, then you can hit on all opinions and possiblities.

Now, there are clear examples of people who come on here for a day or so, post their crap and check back from time to time to stir the shitstorm, but that is to be expected from people who aren't a part of the community.

We've got a pretty good thing going on here. We have our regulars, who despite their tendancies to irritate you, are still a part of our little "family". Kidrock and I disagree on practically every issue out there, but if people like him weren't here, then who would we not want to sit next to at family get-togethers?

FeceMan
You guys, this thread was supposed to be fun, not serious.

GCG
This thread is not fun ;

Take bubble-wrap. Thats FUN!

FeceMan
Originally posted by GCG
This thread is not fun ;

Take bubble-wrap. Thats FUN!
Goddamnit.

I hope at least you understood what the point of the thread was.

Capt_Fantastic
You guys, this thread was supposed to be fun, not serious.

Oh, well in that case, just read this part of my first post:

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Kidrock and I disagree on practically every issue out there, but if people like him weren't here, then who would we not want to sit next to at family get-togethers?

BackFire
Solution - Everyone change their name to Chuck Norris. Awesomeness will ensue.

KidRock
Well, I've been here since '03, and I haven't noticed much of a change. KMC is one of those places where every kind of person and age group ends up. So, as a broad representation of humanity is represented, it's only reasonable to expect people from both ends of the spectrum and every where in-between to say what they think.

Don't get me wrong, there are people who post here who are just f***ing ignorant! Common sense is an oxymoron, as it is never common. There are people here who have different views than I do, and I think that's great. It makes the debates and discussions well rounded and even educational. Since there are often so many voices sharing their POV, then you can hit on all opinions and possiblities.

Now, there are clear examples of people who come on here for a day or so, post their crap and check back from time to time to stir the shitstorm, but that is to be expected from people who aren't a part of the community.

We've got a pretty good thing going on here. We have our regulars, who despite their tendancies to irritate you, are still a part of our little "family". Kidrock and I disagree on practically every issue out there, but if people like him weren't here, then who would we not want to sit next to at family get-togethers?

I wouldnt sit near you either..I dont wanna catch the "disease"..if you get my drift.

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/4509/Chuck_Norris.jpg

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by KidRock
I wouldnt sit near you either..I dont wanna catch the "disease"..if you get my drift.

http://img80.exs.cx/img80/4509/Chuck_Norris.jpg

Come on, Walker Texas Ranger is too gay, even for me!

On another issue, why go there? It was a joke, and you want to turn it into some sort of fight. How American bad-ass of you.

Punk

BackFire
RIP Captin Fantastic, we hardly knew ye. May Chuck Norris' heel end your life painlessly and swiftly.

KidRock
How American bad-ass of you.

I know. cool

Originally posted by BackFire
RIP Captin Fantastic, we hardly knew ye. May Chuck Norris' heel end your life painlessly and swiftly.

Poor guy wont even see it comin. It is said the last thing you hear before you die is the sonic boom caused by Chuck Norris's roundhouse kick.

FeceMan
What the ****. YOU GUYS ARE RUINING MY SATIRE THREAD.

BackFire
And that's only if you hear anything.

As the old addage goes - "If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you, if you can't see Chuck Norris you may only be seconds away from your death"

BackFire

What, you said this was supposed to be fun, not serious. Make up your mind!

GCG
Goddamnit.

I hope at least you understood what the point of the thread was.

Yeah.

Is it 'Dont post my name in vain' ?

KidRock
And that's only if you hear anything.

As the old addage goes - "If you can see Chuck Norris, he can see you, if you can't see Chuck Norris you may only be seconds away from your death"

hahaha that is the one I was thinking about. Just to lazy to look it up. laughing out loud

Capt_Fantastic
Well, if you pull my lever, Chuck Norris clips ensue.

-hh-
Solution - Everyone change their name to Chuck Norris. Awesomeness will ensue. wow laughing

Echuu
Backfire.......I love your integration of Chuck Norris into this thread. stick out tongue There surely are no roundhouse kicks in your future...

Feceman......How about stricter mods?

Imperial_Samura
Poor guy wont even see it comin. It is said the last thing you hear before you die is the sonic boom caused by Chuck Norris's roundhouse kick.

I don't know, I just can't take Chuck Norris seriously any more since he started peddling some crap exercise system on late night info-mercials. I guess at least he hasn't donned the latex yet, latex Norris buttocks would seriously endanger my ability to sleep peaceful..

And ah, sweet satire. I think purges are the answer. Bloody ones. After all, quality, not quantity are the key.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
I just can't take Chuck Norris seriously any more

Are you saying there was a time you did take him seriously?

Ya Krunk'd Floo

Is this a 'Satire' thread, or is it a satirical thread? Perhaps it is neither of those. Perhaps it is a thread that is satirical. Then again, perhaps it is just a helpful example of what not to do if you are thinking of creating a clever and witty thread.

My post encapsulates all of these options and many more...It can be read on so many levels.

Ps. Chuck Norris is a cup of hot Chocolate by a blazing fire. It sits there, being chocolate. Steaming. Waiting for its chance...Then! Suddenly, like an arrow leaving its bow, it pounces on the nearest insect devouring it whole! Wow! What a spectacle! The insect stands no chance as the Chocolate gourges itself on the broken-backed beetle. The glory is the Chocolate's, as the fire roars a grumble and rustle of approval. The Chocolate looks around and preens itself in the flickering window's sheen. What a warrior! What a king! What a beast! Then, as the glory fades, the scars of the battle begin to shine. All the world shall revere the steaming cup! However, in the shadows, far from the fire, sits a luke-warm glass of Grapefruit juice. It bides its time, waiting for the optimum moment to strike...

Council#13
This seems to be a growing complaint among many people on KMC in recent years. Many posters today are extremely stupid, with unreasonably low expectations regarding what "qualifies" as a legitimate post. Don't get me wrong, it's good to have freedom of speech, but if you're a ****ing moron, sound like a retard, and have the debating skills of a Special Olympics forensics team, then you should shut the hell up and leave KMC.

Even those who fit the above description have lowered their posting standards a bit. You don't even have to make a lick of sense--or even meet the bare minimum requirements of joining the aforementioned Special Olympics team--to qualify as KMC material. So what should we, as KMC posters, do to stop this growing trend of idiocy on the KMC boards? We've gotta put these dumbshits in their place before things get out of hand...any more than they already have.

Discuss!

yawn

Sir Whirlysplat

So true as these sites testify.

http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1642842/

http://www.4q.cc/chuck/index.php

smile

botankus
Originally posted by Echuu
Feceman......How about stricter mods?
Committing a crime of intelligence isn't reason enough to get banned.

KharmaDog

Intelligence is not a disease, and you can't catch it you silly man.

PVS
i must say BF has been on a roll as of late laughing out loud

Imperial_Samura
Are you saying there was a time you did take him seriously?

Oh dear, you got me, I must admit among a plethora of wooden action actors Norris was one of the most wooden of all (followed closely by Keanu Reeves.) I only hope the cult of Norris doesn't one day make me pay for my impudence.Happy Dance ...... Hmmm, dancing banana not so good at representing deadly martial artists.

A shame it isn't, that would possibly be the only case of germ warfare I would ever consider permissible. In fact if possible I would deliver intelligence infected blankets and wheat personally to Kidrock's doorstep. Why? Because I CARE. Yes, I care. Like some great big cynical Care Bare.

KidRock
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Intelligence is not a disease, and you can't catch it you silly man.

I wasnt talking about intelligence.

FeceMan
I wasnt talking about intelligence.
Yeah, but you're an idiot, so whatever.

KidRock
Yeah, but you're an idiot, so whatever.

This coming from FECEMAN.

RedAlertv2
I see no one caught the joke in this thread.

Snoopbert
Are you saying there was a time you did take him seriously? laughing out loud

BackFire
Please halt the insults, thanks.

Snoopbert
Please halt the insults, thanks. About Chuck Norris?

Deano
Please halt the insults, thanks.

backfire u scum mad

Mando
Originally posted by Snoopbert
About Chuck Norris?

I pity anyone who insults Chuck.

He will roundhouse kick your ass.

fruits
i was way stupid, but i took a break from KMC for a while, and now im back, hopefully unstupid.

Inspectah Deck

Brilliant

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Mando
I pity anyone who insults Chuck.

He will roundhouse kick your ass.

Does our man Chuck know any other moves beyond this? This seems to be the only things any body talks about. And sure, round house kicks are fun and all, but variety is the essence of life. Or something.

Makes me wonder though, what kind of poster would Norris be?

whobdamandog

Discuss!

Wow you actually spent an entire 3 paragraphs doing a parody on my other thread. lol..and to think, all of this extremist rhetoric is actually coming from a guy who takes pride in being a Christian.

This doesn't in anyway contradict you calling yourself a Christian, not at all. After all, Christians generally use slang terms such as "Jesus Christ"..and name themselves after defication. In addition to that, Christian's also support causes that enable those with "humanistic" philosophies to have control over our school systems.

The largest problem with "Christians" like yourself Fece, is the fact that you aren't really "Christians." Sure..you play the good role every now and again, when it suites your own self serving agenda, but when the sh*t really hits the fan, and you have to truly fight for what you claim to believe in, I can guarantee my friend, that you..and other "Christians' like you, will be missing in action.

Keep the faith my brother..and know that I will keep you in my prayers.

PVS
Originally posted by whobdamandog

The largest problem with "Christians" like yourself Fece, is the fact that you aren't really "Christians." Sure..you play the good role every now and again, when it suites your own self serving agenda, but when the sh*t really hits the fan, and you have to truly fight for what you claim to believe in, I can guarantee my friend, that you..and others "Christians' like you, will be missing in action.

so what is a real christian to you then? the least you could do is explain that after such a vague yet below the belt assault.

Sir Whirlysplat
Wow you actually spent an entire 3 paragraphs doing a parody on my other thread. lol..and to think, all of this extremist rhetoric is actually coming from a guy who takes pride in being a Christian.

This doesn't in anyway contradict you calling yourself a Christian, not at all. After all, Christians generally use slang terms such as "Jesus Christ"..and name themselves after defication. In addition to that, Christian's also support causes that enable those with "humanistic" philosophies to have control over our school systems.

The largest problem with "Christians" like yourself Fece, is the fact that you aren't really "Christians." Sure..you play the good role every now and again, when it suites your own self serving agenda, but when the sh*t really hits the fan, and you have to truly fight for what you claim to believe in, I can guarantee my friend, that you..and other "Christians' like you, will be missing in action.

Interesting post, I doubt Jesus would endorse insulting someones dead mother in the way Fece man did to me earlier tonight. I doubt a true Christian would do this on the eve of Christmas eve. hmmmmmmmmm. I didn't know Fece man professed to be Christian. It just makes his behaviour all the more unusual. no

PVS
feceman made a satirical comment prior to the knowledge of your mother's passing. i doubt you'll manage to gouge an apology out of him, but is their any point to screaming 'malice' when there clearly was none?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
feceman made a satirical comment prior to the knowledge of your mother's passing. i doubt you'll manage to gouge an apology out of him, but is their any point to screaming 'malice' when there clearly was none?

I don't care enough to want an apology he resorted to playground tactics, showing he is younger than I thought, they are beneath him and he will learn over time some places you do not go with people on an individual or group level. Certainly over anything as unimpoprtant as percieved spam. Which the reply count to most of my threads compared to many other thread starters indicate they are not.

PVS
for someone so hell bent on telling everyone to not take this forum shit seriously, and going so far as to troll me for laughs and giggles, you are sure being dramatic. you are the one who made it personal. and thats not a sarcastic and jabbing "calm down smile " but rather a suggestion to practice what you preach and take what people have to say with a grain of salt. especially when you find yourself tagging on nonexistant intentions to someone's post.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
for someone so hell bent on telling everyone to not take this forum shit seriously, and going so far as to troll me for laughs and giggles, you are sure being dramatic. you are the one who made it personal. and thats not a sarcastic and jabbing "calm down smile " but rather a suggestion to practice what you preach and take what people have to say with a grain of salt. especially when you find yourself tagging on nonexistant intentions to someone's post.

As I said I don't care enough and your point is taken it's online and he had no way of knowing. However it's still not Christian is it? As me trollin you, Yes Idid and you tolled me, you are equally culpable, but I have never made acomment about parentage, I keep my insults to the individual unless I am insulting a group wink

PVS
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
As I said I don't care enough and your point is taken it's online and he had no way of knowing. However it's still not Christian is it? As me trollin you, Yes Idid and you tolled me, you are equally culpable, but I have never made acomment about parentage, I keep my insults to the individual unless I am insulting a group wink

an insult is an insult is an insult erm

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
an insult is an insult is an insult erm

I don't think thats always true actually, you can say something about an individual, but you do not insult their circumstances as you never know what those circumstances are. Therein lies the difference. Christians should understand this.

PVS
I don't think thats always true actually, you can say something about an individual, but you do not insult their circumstances as you never know what those circumstances are. Therein lies the difference. Christians should understand this.

but by attacking someone very religios belief, and thus suggesting that their soul will be eternally damned for blasphemy by extension....is that not a far greater insult?

i don't claim to be clean here but i surely question your cleanliness in this area

whobdamandog
Originally posted by PVS
so what is a real christian to you then? the least you could do is explain that after such a vague yet below the belt assault.

Simply put. "One who follows Christ and his teachings."

PVS
and are you a christian?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
but by attacking someone very religios belief, and thus suggesting that their soul will be eternally damned for blasphemy by extension....is that not a far greater insult?

i don't claim to be clean here but i surely question your cleanliness in this area

I never suggested blasphemy, I suggested hypocrisy wink Do you think that by not following the teachings of Christ a Christian goes to hell?

PVS
I never suggested blasphemy, I suggested hypocrisy wink Do you think that by not following the teachings of Christ a Christian goes to hell?

well, according to scripture which christ didnt even write, yes.

do i believe it? hell no.
does he believe it? well thats what counts here.
what i believe, is irrelevant

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
well, according to scripture which christ didnt even write, yes.

do i believe it? hell no.
does he believe it? well thats what counts here.

I guess it does so your saying he will go to hell for insulting people on a web forum? I wonder if God (if God exists) is that unforgiving. If he does you and I have no hope.

smile

Ushgarak
Assuming there ever was a worthwhile topic here, can we please stick to it?

If this is just going to become a poster insulting session I will close.

PVS
I guess it does so your saying he will go to hell for insulting people on a web forum? I wonder if God (if God exists) is that unforgiving. If he does you and I have no hope.

smile

dont twist it.

a bad and hypocritical christian is damned to hell.
thats the belief. whether it is done at a forum or in the home
doesnt matter. you are evaluating him as a human being
by appraising his faith, not just as a forum poster. correct?

:edit: sure ush
was typing when you posted that

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Assuming there ever was a worthwhile topic here, can we please stick to it?

If this is just going to become a poster insulting session I will close.

To be truthful Ush the ironic title of this thread was bound to degenerate into that type of thing. The thread starter must have known this.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
dont twist it.

a bad and hypocritical christian is damned to hell.
thats the belief. whether it is done at a forum or in the home
doesnt matter. you are evaluating him as a human being
by appraising his faith, not just as a forum poster. correct?

:edit: sure ush
was typing when you posted that

I'm asking if making comments about someones mother not knowing said woman or her situation is the act of a Christian.

Ushgarak
Well, you're not getting an answer in this thread- no more of this talk.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well, you're not getting an answer in this thread- no more of this talk.

OK mate

GCG
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
I see no one caught the joke in this thread.

Color me dumb, but i am not sharing the humor yet.

PVS
I'm asking if making comments about someones mother not knowing said woman or her situation is the act of a Christian.

and im asking if staging an attack on someone's faith and thus insinuating their own hypocricy and by extention, damnation is the act of someone who deserves consideration in this matter...

like i said, im not clean here. ill rip apart any so called christian i see as a hypocrite, but at the same time i wont wear my heart on my sleeve when someone unintentionally hits a sensative nerve with me. why? because nobody here really knows me.

so in other words, whats the big frikin deal here?

let it go

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
and im asking if staging an attack on someone's faith and thus insinuating their own hypocricy and by extention, damnation is the act of someone who deserves consideration in this matter...

like i said, im not clean here. ill rip apart any so called christian i see as a hypocrite, but at the same time i wont wear my heart on my sleeve when someone unintentionally hits a sensative nerve with me. why? because nobody here really knows me.

so in other words, whats the big frikin deal here?

let it go

It's let go mate wink relax smile

PVS
doh D'OH!!!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
doh D'OH!!!!!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

smile

FeceMan
Errr...did I miss something? Like, did anything happen out of this thread or what?

Capt_Fantastic
Errr...did I miss something? Like, did anything happen out of this thread or what?

Yes, we discovered that Nowadays, good Christians are hard to find.

PVS

laughing out loud

well, who's gonna post the thread? stick out tongue

Imperial_Samura

I suspect they can be found populating the area under the bed that once contained the reds, just waiting to spring forth, and do whatever it is good Christians do. wink

debbiejo
I suspect they can be found populating the area under the bed that once contained the reds, just waiting to spring forth, and do whatever it is good Christians do. wink Then you have to ask..What is a good Christian? .confused

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
Then you have to ask..What is a good Christian? .confused

People that wander through green hills singing "The hills are aliiiive with the sound of music" and then escaping from humorously inept Nazis? Oh, wait, they were good Austrians, different thing.

Still, I wonder what people consider a good Christian to be? I can imagine Finti's answer if he were here. Hehehe, if only it could come to pass.

And more importantly, does a good Christian make a good poster, or do they like Chuck Norris? Are the three mutually exclusive? (Just thought I better tie it in with the themes of the thread, as strange and wonderful as they have been.)

TwisterGameX
If there are so many people saying good posters are hard to find, why don't you guys make good threads and good posts...

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
If there are so many people saying good posters are hard to find, why don't you guys make good threads and good posts... Since only one person can create a thread, it seems that Fece is the only one capable of answering the question: What makes a good poster? As he was the one indirectly asking the question.

FeceMan
A thousand ninjas would explode from the pure awesomeness that is me.

And now, to the retort(s).
Double-you tee eff. Extremist rhetoric? Err...I'm confused as to where this extremism is.

You are correct; it does not at all contradict me calling myself a Christian. Thank you for recognizing this, though mentioning it was unnecessary.

1. Yes, Christians generally use slang terms such as "Jesus Christ". Would you like to wow KMC with the facts and figures used to support this statement (pulled freshly from your ass)?

2. Yes, our denomination (though I prefer the term sobriquet, as it is much more elegant) is named after the aforementioned deity of Jesus Christ. Your point being?

3. Really. What would these causes be?

Hmm. And here I was thinking that being convicted to being against abortion, homosexual marriage, and other such issues actually wasn't a self-serving agenda. Please enlighten me, whob, as to how I am benefiting from my views on these issues. (Perhaps you simply misspoke and meant to say 'God' instead of 'self'.)

In response to the question of what makes a good poster:

A good poster is difficult to define. What isn't a good poster is much easier to define. A good poster does not...

1. Readily flame others or post aggressively.
2. Display arrogance.
3. Want to 'win' an argument.
4. Claim to have won an argument or gloat of how he or she 'demolished' the arguments of others. (Remarkably similar to number two.)
5. Ruin threads (either by going off-topic or otherwise).
6. Make pointless threads.
7. Direct personal insults at others.
8. Purposely skew the words of others or purposely quote others out-of-context.
9. Above all, troll.

(I'd better add a number 10: INTRODUCE INFLAMMATORY POLITICS--INFLAMMATORY OR OTHERWISE--INTO AN APOLITICAL THREAD.)

With this in mind, one can say that a good poster does...

1. Control his or her emotions while posting.
2. Display humility and the understanding of the posts of others, be they in defense of or against a particular position.
3. Desire to discuss points-of-view.
4. Contribute positively to threads.
5. Create threads that are appropriate for the purpose of the forum.
6. Show respect to the opinions of others.
7. Resist the urge to make jabs at other posters or real-world figures in threads not devoted to them (the real-world figures, mind you).

Of course, one must continually demonstrate these characteristics in order to be classified as a 'good' or 'bad' poster.

debbiejo
People that wander through green hills singing "The hills are aliiiive with the sound of music" and then escaping from humorously inept Nazis? Oh, wait, they were good Austrians, different thing.

laughing out loud But they were Catholic!

Still, I wonder what people consider a good Christian to be? I can imagine Finti's answer if he were here. Hehehe, if only it could come to pass.

Yeah he'd say something like this. mad evil face

And more importantly, does a good Christian make a good poster, or do they like Chuck Norris? Are the three mutually exclusive? (Just thought I better tie it in with the themes of the thread, as strange and wonderful as they have been.)
You sound like you haven't had your medication today... laughing out loud wink jk Me like it.

whobdamandog
Double-you tee eff. Extremist rhetoric? Err...I'm confused as to where this extremism is.

I was incorrect. It looks like you are an extremely "tolerant" individual Feceman. Extremists generally don't make broad assumptions about individuals they know nothing about. Particularly when it comes to others opinions on a "message board" and likening those opinions to those who have physical/mental handicaps. That's something that Extremists don't do. Extremists usually don't post some non-sensical religious jibe..characterizing those whose opinions don't mirror theirs as "left" or "irreligious in their signatures either.

So I apologize to you brother Fece..you are not extreme in the slightest, I just need to learn from your example..and be more "tolerant" of idividual views that don't coincide with my own.

Being that you've demonstrated such astounding/mindboggling intellect with your above referenced questions/statements...I will again have to admit the error of my ways. Your name, signature, using "Christ's" name in "vain" multiple times since being a member of KMC, supporting Humanism being taught in public schools, does not contradict the teachings of Christ in any way.

I'd even go as far as saying that if "Christ" himself were to come down to earth today, I'm sure you'd be the first one he would come to. I can guarantee that you'd be awarded a medal of honor for your outstanding service to his cause.

Is this a good example of these "heathenistic" behaviors brother Fece?

You mean posting stuff like this..right brother Fece?

Is this a good example of what you mean brother Fece?

You mean..like the thread referenced in the link below brother Fece?

Nowadays, good posters are hard to find...

Would this qualify as being in that category brother?

You are right. I am wrong. Clearly all of the categories you've created defining "good" and "bad" are the gospel truth of this forum. And clearly..you represent the ideal of what a good Christian..and a good poster should be. I apologize for being a bad poster/Christian. As a New Year's Resolution, I truly will try to reach the "gold standard" of posting and being a Christian that you've demonstrated and categorized for us.
Keep the faith brother..and Happy New Year!!

angel

mechmoggy
A good poster IMO is someone who makes me laugh, but can also be knowledgeable.

No need to list my favourite posters really, I only really add comments in threads where one of favourites has already posted. If I don't like a poster, I usually vote with my feet and get out of there.

whobdamandog
Just wanted to add one more thing brother Fece. "Nowadays", conjunctions are not supposed to used at the beginning of sentences. It is considered improper grammar to do so, however, people do it all the time. In fact, I did it in my last post. But being the enlightened Christian/poster that you are..I'm sure you already knew this.

Keep the faith my brother. Your posting skills will always be revered by myself and many others throughout the land KMC!!!

Fin

FeceMan
Oh, dear, I accidentally wrote 'inflammatory' twice in that number ten thing...rats. Blasted fifteen minutes of editing time.

I'm lazy right now and haven't the time to comment on posts. As always, like a good case of mononucleosis, I will be back. When you least expect me and at an extremely inconvenient time. (Hmm...maybe I'm more like herpes.)

Also, a good poster does not...

11. Have a line under his or her avatar that reads "Registered: Jan 2005" or later. wink

whobdamandog
Oh, dear, I accidentally wrote 'inflammatory' twice in that number ten thing...rats. Blasted fifteen minutes of editing time.

I'm lazy right now and haven't the time to comment on posts. As always, like a good case of mononucleosis, I will be back. When you least expect me and at an extremely inconvenient time. (Hmm...maybe I'm more like herpes.)

Has anyone ever noticed this growing trend of "ownage" on the forums..whenever someone gets "owned" or "called out" or proven wrong in an argument, they have very little else to post, other than a one or two line satirical retort.

What should we do about this growing trend of "witty retorters"? Do they do this for the sake of making others believe that they have won an argument? Or is it simply because they have low self esteem in real life, so by posting witty retorts on the net..they are able to feel good about themselves?

Discuss!!

laughing laughing

Fin

PVS
uh oh, someone has whob in a corner again.
first comes the maniacle scatterbrained posts littered with smilies,
then comes the spamming of 'owned' pics. but whob, everyone here
remembers your patterns of posting. the reason its rarely addressed is
because there is no point in trying to reason with you.

just wanted to let you know that your weak attempts at distraction have failed, as will they always.

yours truly,

the silent majority

FeceMan
Has anyone ever noticed this growing trend of "ownage" on the forums..whenever someone gets "owned" or "called out" or proven wrong in an argument, they have very little else to post, other than a one or two line satirical retort.

What should we do about this growing trend of "witty retorters"? Do they do this for the sake of making others believe that they have won an argument? Or is it simply because they have low self esteem in real life, so by posting witty retorts on the net..they are able to feel good about themselves?

Discuss!!

laughing laughing

Fin
Actually, the growing trend I've noticed is that people post OWNED! pictures and think that they are particularly witty. Posting OWNED! pictures for one's own post is like a person reviewing his or her own work (sans critical evaluation).

Only more pathetic.

(Now it's time to go cat shopping.)

debbiejo
Originally posted by PVS
uh oh, someone has whob in a corner again.
first somes the maniacle scatterbrained posts littered with smilies,
then comes the spamming of 'owned' pics. but whob, everyone here
remembers your patterns of posting. the reason its rarely addressed is
because there is no point in trying to reason with you.

just wanted to let you know that your weak attempts at distraction have failed.

yours truly,

the silent majority laughing out loud laughing out loud

He has long long posts too.

Capt_Fantastic
You are right. I am wrong.

You should get this put on a tee shirt.

Lana
Holy shit, did someone totally miss the point of this thread.

And I fail to see what Fece's signature has anything to do with anything. It's a damn signature. It's irrelevant to whatever thread he posts in.

whobdamandog
One more thing I would like to add..usually..when an individual has been completely "owned" in an argument while posting in forums..they generally have several others join in with them..who have also been "owned" by the exact same individual they themselves were owned by!!!

Is this groupthink? Or is it merely the fact that misery loves company? I'll let the public be the judge of that...

One more picture for you all..and happy new year!!!

http://www.owned.com/Owned_Pictures/abigblowowned.jpg.jpg

laughing laughing

fin

PVS
whob, concerning your 'owned' pics

does a performer applaud themself at the end of their act?
does a good comedian laugh at their own jokes and say "that was funny!!!"
no, they would look like complete asses wouldnt they?

point taken?

Capt_Fantastic
Is this groupthink?

Yes, as a group, most forum members think you are ridiculous.

BackFire
At least post FUNNY owned pictures! Sheesh.

FeceMan
I was incorrect. It looks like you are an extremely "tolerant" individual Feceman. Extremists generally don't make broad assumptions about individuals they know nothing about. Particularly when it comes to others opinions on a "message board" and likening those opinions to those who have physical/mental handicaps. That's something that Extremists don't do. Extremists usually don't post some non-sensical religious jibe..characterizing those whose opinions don't mirror theirs as "left" or "irreligious in their signatures either.

So I apologize to you brother Fece..you are not extreme in the slightest, I just need to learn from your example..and be more "tolerant" of idividual views that don't coincide with my own.
No, you're wrong. What I have written is not extremist rhetoric, it's rhetoric on extremists. My original post was...oh, nevermind, what's the point?

Still waiting on hearing what these 'humanistic' causes are. Or would you like to continue to dodge that question?

The thing with Christian is that we're only human. I'd give a lot to have a bit of the celestial ichor running through these veins, but I'm afraid that I'm stuck as being a human. Which, though you wouldn't infer from self-examination, involves imperfection.

No, it's not, and I would hardly define bad posting habits as 'heathenistic'.

No, not really.

No, not really.

No, not really. Though this thread was made in jest, it does point out a...disturbing trend in KMC (and other message boards, for that matter).

No, not really. There's a difference between tossing out politics in the middle of a discussion and having politics in one's signature.

Quoted for emphasis; quoted for truth.

Did I say that I was an ideal poster and an ideal Christian? No. I'm quite guilty of some of the things I listed. I'll admit it. However, the important thing is that one must repeatedly display the behaviors of a good or bad poster in order to be classified as either 'good' or 'bad'.

What defines a good Christian? I'm a bit tired right now and haven't the energy to make a list for that yet. Come back next week.
Just wanted to add one more thing brother Fece. "Nowadays", conjunctions are not supposed to used at the beginning of sentences. It is considered improper grammar to do so, however, people do it all the time. In fact, I did it in my last post. But being the enlightened Christian/poster that you are..I'm sure you already knew this.

Keep the faith my brother. Your posting skills will always be revered by myself and many others throughout the land KMC!!!

Fin
Psssst...guys, it's a TRICK. Let me reveal the truth to you!

Sir Whirlysplat
He certanly wound you up Feceman - long post.

FeceMan
He certanly wound you up Feceman - long post.
I'm hardly 'wound up'. Responding to lengthy posts and breaking them up leads to lengthy posts. Check how many chunks of the post involved "No, not really."

Sir Whirlysplat
I'm hardly 'wound up'. Responding to lengthy posts and breaking them up leads to lengthy posts. Check how many chunks of the post involved "No, not really."

Fair enough no expression I wouldn't have bothered as it was obviously meant to wind you up. I'd have turned the other cheek.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Like Jesus? Ha ha...

FeceMan and whobdamandog deserve each other. Let them bore each other with their banality.

No. 13 - A good poster is not dull.

Victor Von Doom
"Nowadays", conjunctions are not supposed to used at the beginning of sentences. It is considered improper grammar to do so

Not true.

PVS
VVD, im disappointed that you didnt point out the comedic irony in his blatant grammatical error, in that very sentence no less.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
I think the reason for the disregard is the frequency of the aberration.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by PVS
VVD, im disappointed that you didnt point out the comedic irony in his blatant grammatical error, in that very sentence no less.

I posted two whole words. What more do you want?

FeceMan
Bah. My computer is returned to me, mostly whole again, and yet whob has yet to respond.

I should have expected this from him, I suppose.

I hope one thousand ninjas explode from this thread.

Susan-Storm

Discuss!

I Hope I Am not Included as one of the idiots..I AM NOT STUPID..HEY A PENNY!.Whatno expression I AM NOT STUPID I SAY!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.