What if Anakin became the empire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
I don't know if this thread has been done or not but I haven't seen it and I was thinkin about it last night and kept wondering what if, and so I want to get opinions on the matter.

exanda kane
If Anakin had taken the Emporer's place after Ep 3?

The empire would have collapsed, almost instantly.

And if Obi-Wan was still around I would'nt put it past him to convert Anakin back to the llight side.

Next Venom_girl
I ws thinking about this too. What if Luke had joined his father and they had overthrown the Emperor to "rule the galaxy as father and son"?

Darth_Amidala
It seems like Vader was to dependent on other people, even with his son by his side the Empire would crumble.
If you think about it....
Anakin fell apart in TPM when he had to leave his mother, but then he found Padme. He pretty much depended on Obi-Wan during the next ten years of his life, then found Padme again....
It's obvious that he depends on Padme in RotS.
"I can't live without her."
When he looses her, he depends on Palps.
"In the end, the shadow is all you have left.
Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto intself--"
Anakin couldn't rule and empire, even with the help of Luke.

~S.L. cool

mace=badass
" What if Anakin became the empire?"

He'd be pretty fat!

Next Venom_girl
Originally posted by Darth_Amidala
It seems like Vader was to dependent on other people, even with his son by his side the Empire would crumble.
If you think about it....
Anakin fell apart in TPM when he had to leave his mother, but then he found Padme. He pretty much depended on Obi-Wan during the next ten years of his life, then found Padme again....
It's obvious that he depends on Padme in RotS.
"I can't live without her."
When he looses her, he depends on Palps.
"In the end, the shadow is all you have left.
Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto intself--"
Anakin couldn't rule and empire, even with the help of Luke.

~S.L. cool

But then if his son joined him, wouldn't he be still be depending on other people. Just instead of his mother or Obi-wan or Padme or Palp he'd be leaning on his son.

Dark Envy
No offense but I REALLY HATE 'What if' Threads and stuff.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Dark Envy
No offense but I REALLY HATE 'What if' Threads and stuff. This place can say the same about you.

overlord
It could be worse.. It could be one of a thousand threads solely to request something from us.

Darth_Amidala
Originally posted by Next Venom_girl
But then if his son joined him, wouldn't he be still be depending on other people. Just instead of his mother or Obi-wan or Padme or Palp he'd be leaning on his son.

How much could he really depend on whiny, adolescent Luke confused
Luke seems just as bad as Anakin in AotC. I don't think either have the potential to hold together an entire Empire....

~S.L. cool

Next Venom_girl
True that. I was just saying that it would be another changing of hats. Probably more focused on the whole family aspect than on ruling the Empire, thus it would collapse... (but w/o fulfilling the prophecy?)

*wheeze* *wheeze* "Luke! Clean your room!"

exanda kane
Think about the Return of the Jedi convos between luke and vader, luke appears the dominant character, Vader seems to lose himself.

Btw this is really not relevant to the topic but what the hell!

beedubaya
There is EU that states that Vader only remains alive because of Palpatine and the knowledge taught to him by Darth Plagues. This is why he dies as soon as the Emperor does. Don't know how much truth this has. Its something to think about.

darthvader_fan
Originally posted by beedubaya
There is EU that states that Vader only remains alive because of Palpatine and the knowledge taught to him by Darth Plagues. This is why he dies as soon as the Emperor does. Don't know how much truth this has. Its something to think about. thats sounds right

i think i read it some where

SS_181st_Snow
But if that's true, the only power he wanted was to Save his wife, so why not give up after he entered the suit and palps told him Padme was dead?

Edit: Oh, wait, sorry, I read that wrong. I thought you meant he stayed alive to learn the power from palps

Tangible God
I'm still against the whole relating prophecies and truths of the PT to the events of the OT.

Since the OT was made before the PT, a different intention was considered.

Stun
another 'what if' thread i see no expression

saying that, i find it very interestingly cool if he became Emperor

AntniEllison
Emperor Vader, sounds kool

ya can just imagine vader lookin at himself in the mirror sayin emperor vader i like the sound of that, or if he was in palpatine's office n then palps goes to the toilet or somthin n vader sneaks ova to palps seat n sits in it n acts out pretending he's emperor n then palps walks back in and goes "what are you doing" then vader is just like "errrrr nuffin"

Peace

steverules
When you think about it the sand people were the main reason why he turned, I was watchin ep III on thursday and Anakin said to Padme I won't lose you like I lost my mother, had the sand people never killed Anakins mother then he wouldn't have turned......his biggest weakness was that he was afraid to lose those close to him. That one womans death caused a whole chain of reactions.

NoFate007
A. If Anakin had killed Palpatine right after ROTS, the Empire would crumble very fast. He wouldn't be able to take care of the Senate and such, and he'd be overwhelmed and killed.

B. If Anakin was able to convert Luke, they would easily kill Sidious, and reform the Empire. It would still be an Empire, but Luke would be able to reason enough into Anakin to have him snap back into it and turn it back to normal. Its Anakin and Luke's destiny to return peace, and they would. It wouldn't stay an evil Empire. Think about how much they could accomplish once Anakin would turn back to the light side, which would be inevitable. They have resources knowing where all the "evil imperials" would be, so they can wipe them out. They know about the Bounty Hunters - wipe them out. They know mobsters - wipe them out.

The New Republic would be so much better off.

steverules
If he had become empire and beaten Obi Wan on the mustafar system (I think that is how it's spelt) then he would have had to get Padme, she would die from giving birth (maybe) and Anankin would raise Luke and Leia up and teach them the ways off the Dark side hence they would become very very powerful hence complete dominance over the galaxy meaning that the Rebel alliance loses and the dark side reigns victorious.

Tangible God
Originally posted by steverules
If he had become empire and beaten Obi Wan on the mustafar system (I think that is how it's spelt) then he would have had to get Padme, she would die from giving birth (maybe) and Anankin would raise Luke and Leia up and teach them the ways off the Dark side hence they would become very very powerful hence complete dominance over the galaxy meaning that the Rebel alliance loses and the dark side reigns victorious. You don't mention Palpatine, I take it your discluding him?

In that case I doubt Vader would be yet powerful enough to take on Yoda. The Empire would crumble, Padme (might) live, the twins would be Jedi under Yoda, and the rebellious Senators would take control of the Republic.

steverules
OOPS. He kills Palpatine. If Padme had lived after giving birth Anakin would take the twins and turn them to the dark side, but as for Padme I don't know what he would do with her.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.