I have several N64 roms on my pc...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grinning Goku
So what software do I need so I can play the games with a normal N64 gamepad and will it work for SNES roms and NES roms?

Ushgarak
Assuming of course that you legally own those roms...

... then this place will handle all your emulation needs. You need different emulators for each console.

http://www.emulator-zone.com/

Grinning Goku
No. I have an emulator for each already. I mean do I have to purchase an adapter or something to use an old N64 gamepad I have?

Ushgarak
Seriously, there's no emulation question that cannot be answered on that site.

But, long story short, you'll pretty much need a PC gamepad instead.

forumcrew
yea a 64 controller isnt gonna hook up to a PC. the new xbox 360 ones will though which is pretty nice.

godsburden
Well neither of you know anything.

#1 Project64 is probably the best emulator out there for N64 games.
#2 You can get an adaptoid for pretty much any console controller. One of the most popular ones is the N64 Adaptoid. The drivers come with them and they are usually plug and play (just pop it into the USB port on your PC)
#3 the xbox 360 controller has HORRIBLE PC support.

Mišt
^ yeah, you can buy a N64/usb plug, I wanted to buy one to play Goldeneye, but didnt have the money on me...I think theyre pretty cheap anyway.

John Bak'or
hmm

lowrider370
yea they got reallly cheap but why would u want to play that now

IcePunk
Hey, what wrong with getting a little nostalgic? I just started a new game on Zelda OoT and Perfect dark ffs.

Lana
Originally posted by lowrider370
yea they got reallly cheap but why would u want to play that now

Because they're awesome games?

I still play my N64 all the time.

Originally posted by John Bak'or
hmm

Please don't make pointless posts like this.

Ushgarak
Originally posted by godsburden
Well neither of you know anything.

#1 Project64 is probably the best emulator out there for N64 games.
#2 You can get an adaptoid for pretty much any console controller. One of the most popular ones is the N64 Adaptoid. The drivers come with them and they are usually plug and play (just pop it into the USB port on your PC)
#3 the xbox 360 controller has HORRIBLE PC support.

I know plenty, thankyou very much. I highly recommend using a PC gamepad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.