Reading for leisure/enjoyment

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
How many of you really read? By read, I mean, pick up a mystery novel, sci-fi book, romance, biography, thriller, something educational, etc, etc.

Magazines, newspapers, and subscriptions do not count (for this thread anyway).

Council#13
Me. This should be a poll.

Anyway, I've finished reading a few Irving Stone biographical novels, Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier for school, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion the Witch And The Wardrobe, A is For Admission, and Ptomely's Gate. Right now I'm reading Lybrinth of Evil

BobbyD
Good for you, Council!

Council#13
Yay Happy Dance i feel so happy! Today i saw Harry Potter 4, im on winter holiday, and my sister is returning from college!!!

Fianna
All the time..I nearly always have a book with me to read... yes

Council#13
yes and my iPod

BobbyD
Nice, Fianna. smile

Ken Kenobi
I love reading. Especially movie novels because they add so much more to the movie. It's my 2 passions put together.

Clovie
I don't have as much time for reading as I used to sad

Fianna
Originally posted by Clovie
I don't have as much time for reading as I used to sad Same here...cry ..it sucks..

BobbyD
As long as you put forth the effort, Clovie, it's acceptable.

Clovie
Originally posted by Fianna
Same here...cry ..it sucks.. you have no idea how much sad

Originally posted by BobbyD
As long as you put forth the effort, Clovie, it's acceptable. blink Why are patronising me?

Council#13
I read while listening to my iPod. The first two minutes are distracting, but then it blends in to become a background noise that's more pleasing than the noise of the construction at my neighbor's house

BobbyD
Sorry...don't mean any harm, Clovie....just passionate about the topic, that's all. big grin

KharmaDog
I read constantly, mostly historical novels or biographies but also anything to do with nature, the outdoors, science sports or whatever else catches my fancy at the moment.

BobbyD
rock Good man, Kharma.

Alpha Centauri
I more or less always have a comic series I'm into. I love it.

-AC

BobbyD
C'mon AC, for a guy that's pretty bright, you must read more than just comics/comicbooks?

DarkC
I own a crapload of videogame novels.

Lana
I read all the damn time. I remember when I was in 8th grade my teacher expected us to read two books outside of school a quarter (about two months). I regularly read 2-3 books a week then.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BobbyD
C'mon AC, for a guy that's pretty bright, you must read more than just comics/comicbooks?

Why must I? Just out of curiousity.

You're aware that "comics" or graphic novels by comic writers are hailed as some of the greatest literary works of all time, right? Alan Moore etc.

I haven't read any novels in a while. I'm getting a new library card soon, things will change then.

-AC

Fianna
The Sandman graphic novels....yes ..amazing books...

Lana
I love graphic novels...I have an entire shelf full of them big grin

Ken Kenobi
I need to pick up some graphic novels, but I want to read something new and not the mainstream X-Men/Spider-Man/etc...

Any suggestions?

Alpha Centauri
The Sandman graphic novels....yes ..amazing books...

Have you read Anansi Boys?

-AC

Lana
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I need to pick up some graphic novels, but I want to read something new and not the mainstream X-Men/Spider-Man/etc...

Any suggestions?

Most of the ones I've got are manga so I don't think I could help you too much there stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Ken Kenobi
I need to pic up some graphic novels, but I want to read something new and not the mainstream X-Men/Spider-Man/etc...

Any suggestions?

Anything by Alan Moore (specifically Watchmen). Neil Gaiman has awesome stuff also.

-AC

Ken Kenobi
Originally posted by Lana
Most of the ones I've got are manga so I don't think I could help you too much there stick out tongue

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. I don't like Anime/Manga.

Fianna
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Have you read Anansi Boys?

-AC No, it's on my to-buy list though...I got Endless Nights recently by Gaiman...that's pretty awesome...the art just blew me away...same with Dream Hunters...

Alpha Centauri
No, it's on my to-buy list though...I got Endless Nights recently by Gaiman...that's pretty awesome...the art just blew me away...same with Dream Hunters...

I think Anansi Boys is incredible. A lot of people who are used to Gaiman have sort of shunned it. It's different but I love it.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.