Favorite Final Fantasy Protagonist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath

Ushgarak
Actually, it's harder to pin down with VI- she kicks off as the main one but that changes as things go on.

Hmph, no Ramza...

Morgoths_Wrath
Base your opinion on the fact that they are protagonists! What makes them a good main character, or what doesn't? What makes them stand out above the rest? What acts, traits, or life-styles make them good protagonists?

Lana
I'd like to say that overall most main characters in FF games suck and I tend to like the other party members MUCH much more.....

Though somehow, no matter how much I hate the main character and try to avoid using them, they usually wind up my strongest character. That sucks.

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually, it's harder to pin down with VI- she kicks off as the main one but that changes as things go on.

Hmph, no Ramza...

I don't remember a Ramza...what game is he(she?) from?

Ushgarak
FFT.

And I like him because he fits well into a role in a mature (for FF) plot and grows very believably during the plotline- he is also never lauded as a hero; quite the opposite, in fact.

He also rescues Cloud in one of Cloud's dumber moments, and it's rare in FF for one protagonist to rescue another so he scores for that as well.

Lana
Well, when it comes to main characters, I'll just say that I'd happily wipe Tidus and Yuna off the face of the earth if I could. Most annoying characters EVER - Tidus does nothing but b!tch and whine and Yuna is completely spineless and stupid. Grrrrr. I couldn't stand them.

Ironic that FFX is my favorite game. Other than those two I loved the characters in that game though.

powerfulone1987
Of course I had to choose between Tidus and Yuna and I chose Yuna. I like her development through both games and you get to see two very different sides of her. Both are equally pleasing.

is it comprehensible.....

SaTsuJiN
Terra.. a very nice dynamic character

BackFire
Originally posted by Ushgarak

Hmph, no Ramza...

I agree, the thing that made FF6 so awesome was that there were like 5 "main" characters, none really more important then the other.

I don't really care for most of the main characters, Cloud was alright, but I liked some of the other characters better.

Terra was good too, but I prefered Locke, Sabin, Edgar and Cyan.

If I had to pick one "good guy" it would probably be Locke, Auron, Berret or Vivi...or Tifa for aesthetic reasons.

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire
I agree, the thing that made FF6 so awesome was that there were like 5 "main" characters, none really more important then the other.

I don't really care for most of the main characters, Cloud was alright, but I liked some of the other characters better.

Terra was good too, but I prefered Locke, Sabin, Edgar and Cyan.

If I had to pick one "good guy" it would probably be Locke, Auron, Berret or Vivi...or Tifa for aesthetic reasons.

Auron was awesome. He and Lulu are my favorite FF characters.

Phat J
^ me too, even though i couldnt stand any of the other characters from that game. especially tidus and yuna and the girl that jumped around all the time. ugh..

Lana
Actually, besides Tidus and Yuna, and a couple of the NPCs, the characters in FFX were very good.

Seymour was such a slimy and creepy bastard, the perfect bad guy.

Phat J
the voices ruined it for me, i couldnt get into it. you can sort of put your own idea of them in your head when your reading it yourself, if you know waht i mean.

Lana
The only voice I didn't like in FFX was Yuna's. Hers was too annoying. And it only got worse in FFX-2.

Phat J
i havent played it since it came out and i have a really bad memory, but i dont remember liking anyone. i forget if tidus talked or not.

Lana
Tidus never shut up no expression

Phat J
weed had this weird effect on me, you see now i have a lot trouble remembering things silly things like that

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Lana
Tidus never shut up no expression I liked his situation as a character.. but he seemed to need a constant shoulder to whine on.. which is why I like Terra more o_o

Lana
If Tidus weren't so annoying and whiny I'd have liked him a LOT better.

Shadow x 20
I like Ramza from Tactics. He seems more real then the other "main" characters from Final Fantasy. He fits in well in the story line and their is nothing special about him. Not to mention he's more original then most of the later Final Fantasy main characters.

exanda kane
Cloud is the archtypal cool dude from popular Japanese pop culture, spiky hair, big sword, 80s style shoulder pads, just like Dante. He's great.

el_barto
I'm a Cloud type of guy erm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.