Gypses ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grand Moff Gav
What is the forum attitude to Gypses?

KidRock
Off-topic forum.

debbiejo
Didn't know they existed until this forum embarrasment Or I should say KMC...I thought it was just a slang.

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by debbiejo
Didn't know they existed until this forum embarrasment Or I should say KMC...I thought it was just a slang.

You didn't know abbout Gypses?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Grand Moff Gav
What is the forum attitude to Gypses?

Interesting and this thread was created why?

You realise they are a distinct ethnic groupsmile

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Interesting and this thread was created why?

You realise they are a distinct ethnic groupsmile

It was created to test the ignorance of KMC Members (a user we all know for example)

Sir Whirlysplat
It was created to test the ignorance of KMC Members (a user we all know for example)

Oh sorry - I complained about this thread, apologies, point the mod in the direction of this post. Sorry, I thought it was flamebait aimed at me, you realise I am of Gypsy descent.

KidRock
Oh sorry - I complained about this thread apologies, point the mod in the direction of this post. Sorry, I thought it was flamebait aimed at me, you realise I am of gypsy descent.

Lol you are?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by KidRock
Lol you are?

Yes - I am smile A few of us survived Hitler.

KidRock
Yes - I am smile

hahaha sorry

Grand Moff Gav
Yes - I am smile A few of us survived Hitler.

Damn...........j/k

I remember your "Should I forgive Germany thread"

Sir Whirlysplat
hahaha sorry

Don't be smile

Grand Moff Gav
hahaha sorry

You hate him don't you? laughing

KidRock
Don't be smile

you must have it rough.

You hate him don't you? laughing

I feel bad for him now laughing

Sir Whirlysplat
Damn...........j/k

I remember your "Should I forgive Germany thread"

Yes I ended up forgiving the modern Germans, with the proviso they have learnt from there mistakes. However eith the rise of Nazis all over Europe this seems unlikely.

Grand Moff Gav
you must have it rough.

I feel bad for him now laughing

Your Patronising him now.laughing out loud And thats wrong mad stick out tongue

Sir Whirlysplat
you must have it rough.

Not at all smile

KidRock

I dont feel bad that all his people got butchered.. I feel bad that he IS a gypsy lol. But I should stop haha im leaving this thread it is only trouble.

Grand Moff Gav
Yes I ended up forgiving the modern Germans, with the proviso they have learnt from there mistakes. However eith the rise of Nazis all over Europe this seems unlikely.

I still don't see why you have the right to forgive anyone! If anything the Germans should forgive us! After all it was the Treaty of Versailles that put them in the position they where in.

Sir Whirlysplat

Pleas Gav tell me what you know of Gypsies - although we prefer the term traveller now.

Grand Moff Gav
I dont feel bad that all his people got butchered.. I feel bad that he IS a gypsy lol. But I should stop haha im leaving this thread it is only trouble.

Oh now that was Racist and if you gus remember back to the KMC Police state thread..............police

KidRock
Oh now that was Racist and if you gus remember back to the KMC Police state thread..............police

Not racist at all..its sympathy, I feel bad for the guy now.

Sir Whirlysplat
I still don't see why you have the right to forgive anyone! If anything the Germans should forgive us! After all it was the Treaty of Versailles that put them in the position they where in.

I think the Blitz alone is reason for many people of an age to feel negativity.

Sir Whirlysplat
Not racist at all..its sympathy, I feel bad for the guy now.

and I have sympathy for you so we are all square. smile

KidRock
and I have sympathy for you so we are all square. smile

Lol you can say annnyything you want. We dont judge you here. big grin

Grand Moff Gav
Pleas Gav tell me what you know of Gypsies - although we prefer the term traveller now.

I know that GYPSES are "travellers" who I'm sorry but it's true waltz into an area set up camp stay for a while (Im sure they're all nice clean normal people) then move on, often leaving huge piles of trash behind.(whether that is a course carried out only by a minority of Gypses I don't know but I know thats how alot of them behave and don't tell me it's not because I've seen it!)

debbiejo
You didn't know abbout Gypses? Nope, never heard of them here....Just thought of them in history as slang for people that moved around and such. confused

Sir Whirlysplat
Lol you can say annnyything you want. We dont judge you here. big grin

Well thats not strictly true Kid Rock many here have judged you. Not me though wink

KidRock
Well thats not strictly true Kid Rock many here have judged you. Not me though wink

Im normal though..I dont have the same "backround" as you.

Its like a normal person getting beat up is ok but when a mentally challenged one is its just not cool and fun. Know what I mean? smile

Edit: meh im done with this thread..

Grand Moff Gav
I think the Blitz alone is reason for many people of an age to feel negativity.

Oh and the huge reperations, the humiliation, the hunger of millions of Germans, the extreme poverty, does that not warrent for an age who want revenge?

Grand Moff Gav
Im normal though..I dont have the same "backround" as you.

Its like a normal person getting beat up is ok but when a mentally challenged one is its just not cool and fun. Know what I mean? smile

Edit: meh im done with this thread..

I'm in the same boat as KR here but I better not say it too loudly!

Sir Whirlysplat
I know that GYPSES are "travellers" who I'm sorry but it's true waltz into an area set up camp stay for a while (Im sure they're all nice clean normal people) then move on, often leaving huge piles of trash behind.(whether that is a course carried out only by a minority of Gypses I don't know but I know thats how alot of them behave and don't tell me it's not because I've seen it!)

Thats you're confusion about types of traveller - but thats OK.
Some do indeed do this and it dates back to a cultual idea that the "outside" is the workshop. It's getting rarer but it happens still. The more usual spelling is Gypsies as plural of Gypsy by the way and its now classed as both archaic and rascist, just to let you know.

Grand Moff Gav
Thats you're confusion about types of traveller - but thats OK.
Some do indeed do this and it dates back to a cultural idea that the "outside" is the workshop. It's getting rarer but it happens still.

Well some people like the "workshop" to be kept clean. wink

Sir Whirlysplat
Well some people like the "workshop" to be kept clean. wink

And you're point is what exactly? smile

Grand Moff Gav
And you're point is what exactly? smile

Round up and Shoot all Gypses who leave huge piles of trash on the ground and then move off to pastures new..........

PVS

it seems you finally understand why i gave up smacking you around smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Round up and Shoot all Gypses who leave huge piles of trash on the ground and then move off to pastures new..........

I see, so you're in favour of shooting a distinct ethnic group for littering and your last post is not a joke - yes or no?

Grand Moff Gav
I see, so you're in favour of shooting a distinct ethnic group for littering and your last post is not a joke - yes or no?

Have I drifted too right-wing? Yes it's a joke but I don't see why we should not clean the streets of rubbish. ( Thats not Inciting Racial Hatred, Freedom of Speech!!)

Sir Whirlysplat
Have I drifted too right-wing? Yes it's a joke but I don't see why we should not clean the streets of rubbish. ( Thats not Inciting Racial Hatred, Freedom of Speech!!)

I agree people should not litter, but you also need to realise that Gypsies can only go on land allotted for them these days, so most of the time this is no longer a problem. Also they hardly ever camp in towns, so streets being littered is not a problem.

You do realise several different cultural groups exist in the traveller community.

Paola

if I were him I would feel offended with this comment.... who's breaking the rules, again?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Paola
if I were him I would feel offended with this comment.... who's breaking the rules, again?

Thank you Paola

Grand Moff Gav
I agree people should not litter, but you also need to realise that Gypsies can only go on land allotted for them these days, so most of the time this is no longer a problem. Also they hardly ever camp in towns, so streets being littered is not a problem.

You do realise several different cultural groups exist in the traveller community.

SW I'm just winding you up if we where to shoot litterers I'd be dead!

Sir Whirlysplat
SW I'm just winding you up if we where to shoot litterers I'd be dead!

Gav you're not winding me up at all - however I am fascinated by what you know of Travellers, I actually hold many in contempt as they do not realis that they must adapt for the modern world. However certain social morals are probably not what you think and I find that amusing.

smile

Grand Moff Gav
SW There are many cultures in Britain, lets use the followers of Islam as an example.

Some Muslims preach hate, does this mean all muslims should be punished?........NO

Some Protestants are very Sectarian does this mean we should punish ALL Protestants?..........NO

Some Travellers or Gyps es dump their rubbish in the fields, does this mean we should punish all Travellers?........NO

Sir Whirlysplat
SW There are many cultures in Britain, lets use the followers of Islam as an example.

Some Muslims preach hate, does this mean all muslims should be punished?........NO

Some Protestants are very Sectarian does this mean we should punish ALL Protestants?..........NO

Some Travellers or Gyps es dump their rubbish in the fields, does this mean we should punish all Travellers?........NO

So you created this thread to state the obvious stick out tongue

Grand Moff Gav
So you created this thread to state the obvious stick out tongue

To explore ignorance Whirly you see in the other thread you clearly revealed yourself to hold extremist views on Humans Rights.

Sir Whirlysplat
To explore ignorance Whirly you see in the other thread you clearly revealed yourself to hold extremist views on Humans Rights.

Did I shifty

I think what you see on here is perhaps not reality Gav (chuckle)

I think people believ what they wish to believe online.

Grand Moff Gav
Did I shifty

I think what you see on here is perhaps not reality Gav (chuckle)

I think people believ what they wish to believe online.

You think that way perhaps but you also think that there are right views and wrong views?,

Sir Whirlysplat
You think that way perhaps but you also think that there are right views and wrong views?,

perhaps shifty but don't tell anyone smile

Hit_and_Miss
Oh I hate chavs! always trying to nick stuff or sell you dodgy drives...

joeykangaroo
i dont like them- not for who they are but the hassel they cause.
i know its very sterotypical but its from things said about them

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Hit_and_Miss
Oh I hate chavs! always trying to nick stuff or sell you dodgy drives...

So do you use the term Chav to mean a racial group or kids in hoodies?

Please explain.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by joeykangaroo
i dont like them- not for who they are but the hassel they cause.
i know its very sterotypical but its from things said about them

Do you mean Gypsies (Chavs) or kids in hoodies?

joeykangaroo
Do you mean Gypsies (Chavs) or kids in hoodies?
gypsies confused

or are you talking about chavs..?

Sir Whirlysplat

Sir Whirlysplat
gypsies confused

or are you talking about chavs..?

are you in the UK Joey?

Hit_and_Miss

no I mainly use it as I know how touchy you get about it..laughing

joeykangaroo
are you in the UK Joey? yes yuss

Sir Whirlysplat
no I mainly use it as I know how touchy you get about it..laughing

Then that would be racist tollin smile

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-rights/chapters/rights-of-gypsies-and-travellers/racim-and-discrimination/racism-and-discrimination.shtml

I see smile

joeykangaroo
are you in the UK Joey? how come you ask? wink

Hit_and_Miss
I perfer to think of it as comical nudging,smile Still I've got a fair way before I catch you up! wink

Sir Whirlysplat
yes yuss

Read this Joey smile

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-rights/chapters/rights-of-gypsies-and-travellers/racim-and-discrimination/racism-and-discrimination.shtml

From the Race Relations Act!

Racist incidents

Racist incidents ranging from criminal harassment and abuse to physical violence are offences under the criminal law. Inciting racial hatred is also a criminal offence. Publishing and disseminating materials such as leaflets and newspapers that are likely to incite racial hatred is also a criminal offence. If anyone has a complaint with respect to any of these criminal matters they should be reported to the police.

It applies online!

Sir Whirlysplat
I perfer to think of it as comical nudging,smile Still I've got a fair way before I catch you up! wink

Not really

Racist incidents

Racist incidents ranging from criminal harassment and abuse to physical violence are offences under the criminal law. Inciting racial hatred is also a criminal offence. Publishing and disseminating materials such as leaflets and newspapers that are likely to incite racial hatred is also a criminal offence. If anyone has a complaint with respect to any of these criminal matters they should be reported to the police.

smile

I asked a question about a nation and its past actions, not a person or group of people and it had context to murder smile Read the posts back. I was very careful.

Hit_and_Miss
laughing

joeykangaroo
Read this Joey smile

From the Race Relations Act!

Racist incidents

It applies online! alll that, so basically does that mean im a..racist?erm

Sir Whirlysplat
alll that, so basically does that mean im a..racist?erm

If you hate a group of people with a distinct ethnic identity based on whta you have heard about them. What do you think?

Grand Moff Gav

Please explain.

You lied to me over Chavs whirly The mean Child in some Latin dielects!

soleran30
gypsies aren't a race thanks................its comical if you should have a problem with ethnicity well you might/should be a tool.

Sir Whirlysplat
You lied to me over Chavs whirly The mean Child in some Latin dielects!

Nope they mean Child in Roma Watch

The very word 'chav' appears to derive from the 'gypsy' word 'chavo' meaning 'little person'. It has long been used in the South East, and has now become a chic reference for 'culturally aware' apolitical liberals. Often it is the same people who indulge in gypsy-bashing who retail the schtick.

Teachers in schools are telling children not to use it.

Collins the dictionary people.

http://www.collins.co.uk/wordexchange/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1270

Your ignorant about this.

Syren

laughing

You are so ignorant.

joeykangaroo
If you hate a group of people with a distinct ethnic identity based on whta you have heard about them. What do you think? but... sad
so its the same for "chavs" even if you actually witness what they do?is that still racist?

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by soleran30
gypsies aren't a race thanks................its comical if you should have a problem with ethnicity well you might/should be a tool.

According to UK Law they are.

Syren
Joey, I highly doubt you're racist. Whirly has a tendency to take someone's comments and twist them to suit his response. He uses your statements and opinions as ammunition against you.

He's also a hypocrite.

Sir Whirlysplat
but... sad
so its the same for "chavs" even if you actually witness what they do?is that still racist?

The term Chav is applied to a lot of people who are not Gypsies this is slightly different Joey!

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Syren
Joey, I highly doubt you're racist. Whirly has a tendency to take someone's comments and twist them to suit his response. He uses your statements and opinions as ammunition against you.

He's also a hypocrite.

Please show me why?

joeykangaroo

He's also a hypocrite. thankies
in a way i can see what me means, but i didnt see gypses as a race

Sir Whirlysplat
thankies

Strangely the Government disagree

soleran30
lol ok by law they are by biology they aren'tsmile Anyway its a social cutom that formed groups you know that mister whirlysmile Anyway that said best of luck with gypsies and laws.

joeykangaroo
Strangely the Government disagree

http://www.yourrights.org.uk/your-rights/chapters/rights-of-gypsies-and-travellers/racim-and-discrimination/racism-and-discrimination.shtml i supose so...

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by soleran30
lol ok by law they are by biology they aren'tsmile Anyway its a social cutom that formed groups you know that mister whirlysmile Anyway that said best of luck with gypsies and laws.

Actually the Rom have a distinctive set of identifying gene markers, we came from india 1000 years ago.

Syren
thankies

That's because we're all part of the human race. Different colours, different creeds, different values. But all human.

It's commendable that you don't see Gypsies as different from the rest of the world, although they and every other person are individually separated.

Sir Whirlysplat
Interesting the level of racism on KMC, I wonder if Raz knows!

Syren
Whirly;

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383709&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Quite obviously hypocritical in comparison to your comments in the KMC Rules thread.

Alpha Centauri
I am quite aware that the term "chav" was once used for a completely different purpose and in using it connected with today's meaning, I don't intend to send out any disrespect.

What I do think could be viewed as disrespectful is people who say things without being aware of what they mean or in the worse cases, not knowing at all what it means. I can see both sides.

Whirly, you may prefer the word traveller. I'm sure a lot of black people prefer to be called black and not "coloured", but you can't change many, many years worth of history.

-AC

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I am quite aware that the term "chav" was once used for a completely different purpose and in using it connected with today's meaning, I don't intend to send out any disrespect.

What I do think could be viewed as disrespectful is people who say things without being aware of what they mean or in the worse cases, not knowing at all what it means. I can see both sides.

Whirly, you may prefer the word traveller. I'm sure a lot of black people prefer to be called black and not "coloured", but you can't change many, many years worth of history.

-AC

Unfortunately AC Chav has been hijacked by the media, It will soon be seen in the way coloured is as race relations cases are being brought. Anyway I have to do some work sad

Sir Whirlysplat
This thread asks if people hate a distinctive ethnic group.

soleran30
I would like you to identify all all "races" now so I can be properly pcsmile Anyway I am not trying to overlook gypisies however I forgot the deal with them now since it has been turned sideways so many times............................gypsies huh.........

Grand Moff Gav
Whirrly you bumped this thread purely to get at me and I tell you now I have no problem with gypses and I am Not racist

debbiejo
It's gypsy time again... Are gypsies really real anyway?.....blink laughing out loud

Sir Whirlysplat
Whirrly you bumped this thread purely to get at me and I tell you now I have no problem with gypses and I am Not racist

I didn't bump it.

Hit and Miss did smile to get at me!!! he admits it a few pages back.

Sir Whirlysplat
Whirly;

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=383709&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

Quite obviously hypocritical in comparison to your comments in the KMC Rules thread.

You missed the point of my comments. Try reading it and my comments in that other thread together.

Hit_and_Miss
I didn't bump it.

Hit and Miss did smile to get at me!!! he admits it a few pages back.

always trying to blame others for your own failings...

Grand Moff Gav
Originally posted by debbiejo
It's gypsy time again... Are gypsies really real anyway?.....blink laughing out loud

Im beginning to think that Whirrly made them up so he can tell us all how we are being racist towards him.

Grand Moff Gav
I'm requesting this be closed

joeykangaroo
Im beginning to think that Whirrly made them up so he can tell us all how we are being racist towards him.
is whirrly a gypse?

Grand Moff Gav
is whirrly a gypse?

Yes,

Syren
is whirrly a gypse?

He likes to think so.

Hit_and_Miss
only in name... But I wouldn't be supprised if he offered to lay you a new drive... Or possibly sell you a dog... laughing

Grand Moff Gav
only in name... But I wouldn't be supprised if he offered to lay you a new drive... Or possibly sell you a dog... laughing

laughing out loud

Sir Whirlysplat
The Racism towards a distinct racial group is amazing, it's hidden as personal abuse but the drive comment is symptomatic of the problem!

Sir Whirlysplat
always trying to blame others for your own failings...

So you see me being a Gypsy as a failing, or not bumping this thread!

Grand Moff Gav
The Racism towards a distinct racial group is amazing, it's hidden as personal abuse but the drive comment is symptomatic of the problem!

Then go away!

Sir Whirlysplat
Then go away!

I don't think so.

Hit_and_Miss
So you see me being a Gypsy as a failing

Yes.. That exactly what I said... stop twisting.. Its old and boring

On a side note...
Do you live in a caravan? how does your life compare to that of a traveller?? Do you have any connection to your heritage these days?

Sir Whirlysplat
Yes.. That exactly what I said... stop twisting.. Its old and boring

On a side note...
Do you live in a caravan? how does your life compare to that of a traveller?? Do you have any connection to your heritage these days?

I see so you wish to attack my cultural heritage.

Syren
laughing

Cultural heritage? Whirly, I have blood ties to gypsies/travellers/whatever-you-want-to-call-them of old but I do not parade around defending my 'cultural heritage' from anyone who so dares to criticise. It's not even my culture now, it's something I stemmed from. Same with you.

Shut up sweetie.

Hit_and_Miss
I see so you wish to attack my cultural heritage.

Other then your blood line, do you have any ties to the culture your defending??? Have you even been to your homeland?

Sir Whirlysplat

Sir Whirlysplat

Storm
Closed on request of the thread starter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.