Should People be allowed to make more threads than 4 in a short time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat
Discuss

Deano
only if they are good, otherwise..balls

FeceMan
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Discuss
Die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, die, die, DIE, die, DIE, DIE, DIE!

PVS
i see mr. hyde is stopping by more frequently for the holidays messed

Imagawa666
No. But people shoudnt make threads that ask stupid questions like this.

Sir Whirlysplat
smile

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by PVS
i see mr. hyde is stopping by more frequently for the holidays messed

Classic smile

Shakyamunison
Hay splat

How many have you made today?

Lana
You know, I used to think that the limit was silly......

Now I think it's a pretty damn good idea.

Not to mention that I'm exempt from it stick out tongue

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Hay splat

How many have you made today?

A few shifty

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Lana

hey Lana make some threads - join the fun smile stick out tongue

Lana
No, I don't make dumb threads for no reason.

Sir Whirlysplat
No, I don't make dumb threads for no reason.

Thats not what I heard shifty

Shakyamunison
A few shifty

So, you have made a number of threads over a undefined period of time, has anyone stopped you?

Sir Whirlysplat
So, you have made a number of threads over a undefined period of time, has anyone stopped you?

Not yet shifty

Lana
Thats not what I heard shifty

Then you heard wrong.

There's a limit now coded into KMC - if you try and make more than a certain number of threads in a certain amount of time, you won't be able to make anymore for the rest of the day.

Shakyamunison
Then you heard wrong.

There's a limit now coded into KMC - if you try and make more than a certain number of threads in a certain amount of time, you won't be able to make anymore for the rest of the day.

Do you know what the number and time is?

BackFire
No, the limit is there for a reason. It was created with the hopes of making people a bit more picky over what threads they create.

Deano
as you can see..its workin like a charm

PVS
i guess the theory is sound...but alas...

Lana
Do you know what the number and time is?

Not off the top of my head, since I've never had to worry about it - I rarely create threads as it is.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by BackFire
No, the limit is there for a reason. It was created with the hopes of making people a bit more picky over what threads they create.

Did it work? the old Thread bot? smile

FeceMan
Might want to change the limit from per day to per week.

BackFire
Yes, well it's secondary characteristic is that it disallows an overly large number of stupid threads to be made in a short period of time, also it makes it impossible for people to troll by spamming a bunch of new stupid thread just to be annoying.

Sir Whirlysplat
Not off the top of my head, since I've never had to worry about it - I rarely create threads as it is.

You should try itwink

Lana
You should try itwink

Mods are exempt from it.

Sir Whirlysplat
Yes, well it's secondary characteristic is that it disallows an overly large number of stupid threads to be made in a short period of time, also it makes it impossible for people to troll by spamming a bunch of new stupid thread just to be annoying.

Does it? Thats pretty clever BF

Sir Whirlysplat
Mods are exempt from it.

You can make threads... I think we're at cross purposes wink ironic wink

BackFire
Originally posted by FeceMan
Might want to change the limit from per day to per week.

I would not be opposed to that idea.

Deano
bit harsh

Lana

You know, I really don't think I would be either, sometimes.

Oh well, at least the way it is we don't have people going and posting the same spam thread in every forum like what used to happen. That was annoying.

FeceMan
Can I have a freebie and make one titled 'Nipples'?

BackFire
In the OTF, go ahead.

Sir Whirlysplat

I think the traffic to this site would be slowed and as advertising is its main purpose it might not be a good idea BF.

Deano
here will be fine feceman, you have my authority

Lana
In the OTF, go ahead.

You beat me to it glare

BackFire
I think the traffic to this site would be slowed and as advertising is its main purpose it might not be a good idea BF.

Why would traffic be slowed?

FeceMan
In the OTF, go ahead.
You asked for it.

Deano
you will make the lord proud

Lana

I don't really understand that myself, since most of the people here really don't make a lot of threads, it's only a handful that start tons of threads.

The OTF probably would die....but meh.

Sir Whirlysplat

Well for a start the majority of traffic is lurkers they read all posts quickly. I suspect traffic has been reduced already. Am I right in thinking Raz leases this site to be Admin? and the owners deal with the advertising or am I completely wrong. The spyware KMC downloads is quite advanced.

Shakyamunison
Maybe the limit should be connected to the quality of threads. The better threads you make the more you can make.

Lana
Maybe the limit should be connected to the quality of threads. The better threads you make the more you can make.

Wouldn't work because you can't objectively judge what's good and what's not.

Sir Whirlysplat
Well my threads get a faster hit rate and a generally quicker turnover than most. They have a higher volume of fast traffic. For advertising puposes they are a quick fix.

BackFire
Well for a start the majority of traffic is lurkers they read all posts quickly. I suspect traffic has been reduced already. Am I right in thinking Raz leases this site to be Admin? and the owners deal with the advertising or am I completely wrong. The spyware KMC downloads is quite advanced.

The lurkers could still read plenty, I think a weekly limit wouldn't be a bad idea. I wouldn't promote the idea, I simply wouldn't oppose it.

As for your other question, I don't really know.

Sir Whirlysplat
The lurkers could still read plenty, I think a weekly limit wouldn't be a bad idea. I wouldn't promote the idea, I simply wouldn't oppose it.

As for your other question, I don't really know.

I think it's possible, I mean truthfully this whole site is a business for someone, the Keyword Advert websearch is very clever.

Shakyamunison
Wouldn't work because you can't objectively judge what's good and what's not.

Someone would have to judge.

Maybe we already do. If a thread is really bad, just don't post.

FeceMan
Someone would have to judge.

Maybe we already do. If a thread is really bad, just don't post.
Yeah, like THAT works.

Sir Whirlysplat
Yeah, like THAT works.

Hmmmmmm, Feceman do you know how this sit works? What it's actually for?

Shakyamunison
Yeah, like THAT works.

Ya, to many people get on and say "this is a stupid thread". laughing

Shakyamunison

I would like to know the answer to that question.

FeceMan
For you to make stupid threads, like seven about homosexuals and another fourteen about nothing in particular.

Sir Whirlysplat
For you to make stupid threads, like seven about homosexuals and another fourteen about nothing in particular.

not at all smile It is about advertising plain and simple, business smile

Shakyamunison
not at all smile It is about advertising plain and simple, business smile

Oh man, I knew that... I thought you were going to give some conspiracy thing. Now I'm disappointed.

Sir Whirlysplat
Oh man, I knew that... I thought you were going to give some conspiracy thing. Now I'm disappointed.

Yup no conspiracy needed, I wonder who actually owns this site, Raz I am sure rents his admin position.

Jedi Priestess

I think it should be extended to that a person cant even make a thread until they have a set number of posts. And 4 a day is too many as demonstrated by kmcdude & company daily. erm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.