Wonderman the full Story

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sir Whirlysplat

Lucid Lui
Hey, awesome. A Wonder Man mini series by Peter David. I'm there.

That's a good site.

roughrider
Reading that site, it's like Wonder Man was the Sentry of his day.

Strong words from John Byrne too, about Marvel's direction. Or lack of.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by roughrider
Reading that site, it's like Wonder Man was the Sentry of his day.

Strong words from John Byrne too, about Marvel's direction. Or lack of.

Byrne always has strong words he's a loon, did you ever read his "Flame about this high", in next men, his one bitter guy RR. trust me on this.

roughrider
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Byrne always has strong words he's a loon, did you ever read his "Flame about this high", in next men, his one bitter guy RR. trust me on this.

I first noticed Byrne when he was tapped for Superman; the big fish from Marvel brought to do the revamp. Then noticed during the next several years he was very prolific but skittish - jumping from title to title after two years or less. After they restarted She-Hulk, he stormed off angrily after six issues or so, and ranted in an interview about using "the beginning of the 90's as an excuse to get the hell out of the trenches." Meaning comics? But he never did leave. Continued boucing around through the 90's; his long stays on X-Men and Fantastic Four early on, were never duplicated.
Didn't read Next Men, but noticed it was published independently. Apparently, it was a concept similar to what Marvel was trying in the early 90's with those 2099 titles; talked a little about that in an interview; sounded bitter, yep.
And now he is just drawing Action Comics, and his Superman art is considered passe'. How the mighty can fall.

ScarletSpider
Byrne's hilarious. "You can tell when Erik is saying something stupid -- his lips move."

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Byrne's hilarious. "You can tell when Erik is saying something stupid -- his lips move."

laughing out loud He is so jealous of Alan Moore, Byrnw on Moore pararphrased, "He is not so great, I could have writtern Watchmen". The point is John you didn't!!!!!!
He's views on Todd Mcfarlane are about right though.

Originally posted by roughrider
I first noticed Byrne when he was tapped for Superman; the big fish from Marvel brought to do the revamp. Then noticed during the next several years he was very prolific but skittish - jumping from title to title after two years or less. After they restarted She-Hulk, he stormed off angrily after six issues or so, and ranted in an interview about using "the beginning of the 90's as an excuse to get the hell out of the trenches." Meaning comics? But he never did leave. Continued boucing around through the 90's; his long stays on X-Men and Fantastic Four early on, were never duplicated.
Didn't read Next Men, but noticed it was published independently. Apparently, it was a concept similar to what Marvel was trying in the early 90's with those 2099 titles; talked a little about that in an interview; sounded bitter, yep.
And now he is just drawing Action Comics, and his Superman art is considered passe'. How the mighty can fall.

Next men and 2112 are actually like much of Byrnes work excellent RR check them out. His original revamp of the 70's OMAC published in the late eighties or early nineties is also an oft forgotten high point in Byrnes career.

ScarletSpider
I like his stuff a lot, he just flips out all over the place, and it's hilarious.

There's a poster on Newsarama that has different "Great Moments in Byrne History" signatures. Most of them are very good. Someone should make a website devoted to Byrne's assinine exploits. If there isn't one already, I haven't searched.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I like his stuff a lot, he just flips out all over the place, and it's hilarious.

There's a poster on Newsarama that has different "Great Moments in Byrne History" signatures. Most of them are very good. Someone should make a website devoted to Byrne's assinine exploits. If there isn't one already, I haven't searched.

laughing out loud it's funny 'cause its true smile

Psycho Ninja
Is Sentry becoming a WM in the next 10 years ??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.