Ultimate Colossus vs Ultimate Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soujaboy09
A battle of sheer power, who would take this one.

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/5859/colossusandironman4wc.jpg

http://img465.imageshack.us/img465/3373/ultimates41sa.jpg

DarkCrawler
Colossus. Since he has already punched Thor around like a ragdoll.

soujaboy09
I know, but this is the rematch and Thor is out to kill.

DigiMark007
Doesn't matter. Until proven otherwise, Colossus punked him in a comic already so he should be the winner. Yeah, 616 Thor trashes any of them but Ultimate doesn't seem to be as strong (either that, or U. Col. is just Uber).

Also, nice pics. smile

soujaboy09
I think Ult Colossus would beat Ult Thor but I think the second match would be a better fight. I think Ult Colossus is a lot stronger than his 616 counterpart just by what the thingd he has done so far in the Ultimate Universe and for Thor he is just as strong I think Because Colossus also moped Ironman in a fight in the pic above.

soujaboy09
Here goes some more Colossus/Thor pics feel free to take.

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/89/0138co.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/3825/rob0174zf.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/5518/131ob.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/527/0111js.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/1663/0255vw.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2952/0148iy.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/6963/0272pm.jpg

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/7907/colossus10243xx.jpg

big grin

Blair Wind
nice big grin

snoopdogg
Let's not forget this pic.

roughrider
I like this Ultimate Colossus! He's got game! Excellent pics.

The Ion
Thor loses...again.

soujaboy09
Ultimate Colossus, and Ultimate Thor are The shit, both great Characters and if they fight again it will be a hell of a fight.

Metalmanx
Yea. Digimark hit it right on the spot. Ult. Colossus punks Ult. Thor so easily. He thrashed him verily.

joesha28
Why the hell the fought?

soujaboy09
Yes Ultimate Colossus fought, and trashed Ironman, and Thor in the same issue. He was only stoped after Hawkeye shot a nuke at him which didn't damage him in the least bit.

Lucid Lui
I think Thor could take Colossus in a rematch. but judging by their first fight, he wouldn't take the majority...

snoopdogg
Thor still had his hammer in his hand too when Colossus knocked the sh!t out of him. So people can't say he didn't have his hammer.

He broke some of Hulks ribs with that damm thing.

joesha28
ok but why the hell they fought?

venomslash
impossible colossus doing that to magneto. magneto can control colossus body of course.

snoopdogg
Mags was trying that but Ultimate Colossus his alot stronger than 616 Colossus.

soujaboy09
I was about to say Ultimate Colossus smashed Magneto to.

The Ion
What issue was that with Colossus and Mags?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by The Ion
What issue was that with Colossus and Mags? #32 I think. He was holding Wolverine up in the air and tring to hold Colossus on the ground but Colossus proved too strong.

soujaboy09
In the Marvel Handbook it says Magneto's grip is mature enough to lift 30,000 tons. Magneto also held 100 96 ft 200 ton Sentinels in the air with ease.

venomslash
Originally posted by snoopdogg
#32 I think. He was holding Wolverine up in the air and tring to hold Colossus on the ground but Colossus proved too strong. # 32 of which book ?

venomslash
Originally posted by soujaboy09
In the Marvel Handbook it says Magneto's grip is mature enough to lift 30,000 tons. Magneto also held 100 96 ft 200 ton Sentinels in the air with ease. and does colussus weigh more than 30,000 tones ? uh no then of course big time magneto can pick colussus up and throw his ass a mile away.

venomslash
but yes colossus is a better fighter in a way.

Scoobless
I was so annoyed with that "fight" in Ultimate War

616 Thor kicks so much ass so when Ult Colossus starts bragging:

"nothing can hurt me in my armoured form"

i'm thinking When Thor gets there he's gonna kick Colossus's ass

then he gets kicked all over the place

very annoying

sad

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3233/colossus0ah.jpg

soujaboy09
Originally posted by venomslash
and does colussus weigh more than 30,000 tones ? uh no then of course big time magneto can pick colussus up and throw his ass a mile away.

Thats not the point the point is he broke the 30,000 ton force which is impressive.

Ultimate Colossus is the shit hands down

venomslash
doesnt matter how strong colossus is magneto would still be able to controll him.

soujaboy09
But yet he wasnt, and was defeated

venomslash
But yet he wasnt, and was defeated i saw that

soujaboy09
As did I, and this is what I base my argument off of.

JohnR
I think Ultimate Colossus would win unless Ultimate Thor warped him somewhere (an ability he still has in the Ultimate universe). It's also possible that Ultimate Thor will be shown as being more powerful in the future, but for now, I'll go with Ultimate Colossus.

About the nuke thing, it might have been nuclear, but it wasn't a very big one. In the real world, the Davy Crockett tactical nuclear recoilless rifle projectile looks a lot bigger than Hawkeye's arrow and it only has a yield of 10-20 tons of TNT. For anyone interested, here's a link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davy_Crockett_%28nuclear_device%29

DarkCrawler
In the Marvel Handbook it says Magneto's grip is mature enough to lift 30,000 tons. Magneto also held 100 96 ft 200 ton Sentinels in the air with ease.

616 Magneto's grip is enough to do that. I still haven't seen Ultimate Magneto to do that.

soujaboy09
Who says there diffrent? Theres only been 66 Ultimate X Men titles, and he wasn't in evryone.

How many miles away was Colossus from shore when he lifted the sub?

How many tons of pressure was it?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
616 Magneto's grip is enough to do that. I still haven't seen Ultimate Magneto to do that. I'll see if I can scan it quick for ya.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
616 Magneto's grip is enough to do that. I still haven't seen Ultimate Magneto to do that. Here is how powerful Ultimate Mags is. I don't know wny people say he is a chump compared to 616 Mags.

This is pretty impressive feat here.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/UltimateMags.jpg
(Ultimate Colossus is a stud)

Jose123
Here is how powerful Ultimate Mags is. I don't know wny people say he is a chump compared to 616 Mags.

(Ultimate Colossus is a stud)

I think people say he's a chump because he still hasn't shown more variety in his powers instead of just lifting metal things i guess. i heard 616 created a black hole in Excalibur.

venomslash
Here is how powerful Ultimate Mags is. I don't know wny people say he is a chump compared to 616 Mags.

(Ultimate Colossus is a stud) finally somone here gets it. you need to get that through soujaboy09 thick metal head. he doesnt get it

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Jose123
I think people say he's a chump because he still hasn't shown more variety in his powers instead of just lifting metal things i guess. i heard 616 created a black hole in Excalibur. Read the scan. Mags was doing more than just holding them.

Jose123
Read the scan. Mags was doing more than just holding them.

yeah. he was rearranging their circuits board which have metal in it.

so?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Jose123
yeah. he was rearranging their circuits board which have metal in it.

so? Never mind.

Jose123
Never mind.

What? they do have metal in them.

superman420sexy
How strong is ultimate colossus? Xuz I heard the regular colossus wasn't really that strong.. like the thing o something... Is ultimate colossus like 1000 times stronger than normal colossus or something?

Jose123
Originally posted by superman420sexy
How strong is ultimate colossus? Xuz I heard the regular colossus wasn't really that strong.. like the thing o something... Is ultimate colossus like 1000 times stronger than normal colossus or something?

Ultimate colossus is in the 100 ton range and above.

616 is 90-100 ton

venomslash
colossus is 80 ton range

ultimate 100 range

superman420sexy
oh ok... who the hell is ultimate colossus and where did he come from... and I say that superman that holds 200 quintillion tons could take ultimate colossus, but thor's magic would still make it an even battle.....

Couldn't thor's lighting severly damage him since he is made out of metal?

venomslash
yes big time

venomslash
i was just bringing up his strength not that he good beat thor or not

snoopdogg
Originally posted by superman420sexy

Couldn't thor's lighting severly damage him since he is made out of metal? Colossus is impervious to magical attacks. I don't think lighting will hurt him cause he had withstood Storms lightining a few times in the past.

joesha28
I heard that Ult Thor is a left-wing pacifist.... a peace-maker of a kind. Did he really fought against Ult Colossus?

Sixth_Winged
He's a green-peace hippy with magic hammer.

Lucid Lui
Colossus is impervious to magical attacks. I don't think lighting will hurt him cause he had withstood Storms lightining a few times in the past. We're talking about Ult. Colossus remember. Has he been shown taking anything like the power Ult. Thor can dish out?

joesha28
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
We're talking about Ult. Colossus remember. Has he been shown taking anything like the power Ult. Thor can dish out?

Yes... but i want to know how the battles were fought. Scans of it will be appreciated.

joesha28
Originally posted by joesha28
Yes... but i want to know how the battles were fought. Scans of it will be appreciated.

soujaboy09
Ultimate Colossus, source Ultimate X

Codename: Colossus
Group affiliation: The X-Men
Base of operations: Xavier Institute for Gifted Children
First appearance: Ultimate X-Men #1
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 250 lbs. normal, 500 lbs. in armoured form
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Black

What the Professor says:
"Perhaps the development I'm most proud of is how Wolverine and Colossus have reinvented themselves over these last few months. Both young men raised in violence and misery, they now spend their evenings scanning newspapers for hard-luck stories and unsolved crimes... walking the streets from dusk 'til dawn in search of people who might be in need of their particular kind of help."

History:
A young Piotr Rasputin left his poverty-stricken family to make a living in the United States, where he joined the Russian Mafia. Peter kept his mutant power a secret, and became more and more sucesssful in the mafia world. However, every penny he earned was sent back to his family in Siberia.

During a illegal arms transaction on a dock in New York, Piotr and his associates were backstabbed and attacked with machine guns. Everyone on the dock was killed except for Piotr, who was saved by his mutant ability. Outted as a mutant, Piotr thought his life was over. But, he was found by Jean Grey and offered a place among the X-Men, a team of young mutants dedicated to bringing about peaceful coexistence between the two species of man. As Colossus, Piotr now serves as the squad's super-strong powerhouse!

After they were freed from the Weapon X project, Colossus and the X-Men embarked on a World Tour to promote Xavier's new book. While in London however, Colossus suddenly departed the team, and left home to Russia. With Cyclops and Marvel Girl on his trail, Piotr got a job with a car manufacturing plant, and proclaimed to Scott and Jean that he was indeed happy. Unsatisfied, the two pursued Piotr until he explained his reason for leaving. Peter declared that he was unhappy with his place on the team, that he was ignored, and that none of his team members cared for him. Marvel Girl, however, disagreed, stating that his true reason was because of the feelings he had for a fellow team member. Peter promptly dismissed the two. Later that night, however, the local Russian news announced that a submarine had crashed underwater, and that there was no hope for the crews survival. Unable to sit idly by, Piotr took charge and dove to the submarine and dislodged it. When he reached the surface Colossus was doused with media attention, which proclaimed him the most famous super-hero on the planet. Peter put his grudges with the X-Men aside and left Russia with Cyclops and Marvel Girl to meet up with the X-Men in Germany, who were in a heated battle with Xavier's son David. With the professor torn between killing his son and allowing thousands of innocents to perish, Colossus took action, and crushed David with a car, ending the battle, as well as the lives of David and Col. Betsy Braddock.

Colossus and a handful of X-Men were invited to an evening out with the Hellfire Club, the X-Men's secret financiers, at their headquarters in New York. There he met the Russian President, who had grown up merely a few miles from Piotr's collective in Russia. The group, including Jean, Ororo, and the Professor, were ambushed and captured. In truth, Hellfire had been monitoring Jean Grey, in order to user her as a vehicle to bring forth their ancient god, the Phoenix. The Phoenix arose in Jean, and she murdered the Hellfire Club. However, Xavier was able to force the Phoenix into submission, freeing Jean from it's grasp. Colossus was unharmed during the ordeal.

Colossus and the X-Men were forced out of the mansion with the U.S. Government on their backs. In the final climactic battle between the X-Men and The Ultimates, America's premier superhero team, Colossus stood his own against Iron Man and Thor, and was able to withstand a localized nuclear explosion direct at him by Hawkeye, proving Piotr's amazing strength.

After hiding out in a suburban New York home (unbeknownst to it's residents, thanks to Marvel Girl's abilities) Colossus and the X-Men located Magneto's flying citadel, using a signal sent by the captured Cyclops. Upon their arrival they were subdued by Magneto's control over the iron in their blood. Using his unimaginable power, Colossus was able to overcome Magneto's influence and broke free, attacking him mercilessly for the harm he had inflicted on Peter's friends, especially Wolverine. His concentration destroyed, Magneto released the X-Men who were able to apprehend him, all thanks to Piotr's determination.

Powers and abilities :
By no means is Ultimate Colossus the equivalent to his 616 counterpart for he has shown to be far stronger. Piotr has the ability to transform his body from flesh and blood into organic steel, giving him superhuman strength and making him impervious to harm. Supposedly his power has not yet fully developed because of his youth. Some say that this armor in the Ultimate continuity is stronger than adamantium, but this has not been proven yet.

In this transformed state, Colossus' body gains around a inch in additional height and his body mass is doubled. The source of Colossus' gain in height and muscle mass is unknown, but possibly extradimensional.

Ultimate Colossus possesses vast superhuman strength, the limits of which have not been revealed. Ultimate Colossus strength was sufficient enouph for him to battle powerhouses such as Ultimate Thor, Ultimate Ironman, and Ultimate Magneto placing his strength well into the Class 100 level, being able to lift in excess of 100 tons. This makes him one of the most physically powerful beings, if not the most powerful of all, in the Ultimate Universe.

Aside from his incredible strength, Ultimate Colossus' steel skin possesses an amazing degree of invulnerability to injury, allowing him to battle with some of the strongest heroes of the Ultimate Universe. Ultimate Colossus armor is so great it can withstand a blast from a nuke, falls from great heights, exposure to temperatures less than -320o Fahrenheit to temperatures greater than that of the Sun, exposure to vacuum environments, direct contact with molting lava, strikes from Wolverines adamantium claws, etc without sustaining injury. Being conductive, he is immune to electricity. Colossus's armored body also cannot rust. A side effect of his armor's strength enhancing effect is a vastly greater muscle efficiency than an ordinary human. While armored, his muscles generate considerably less lactic acids than those of ordinary humans, granting him superhuman levels of stamina in all activities. He can exert himself at peak capacity for several days before fatigue begins to impair him. Colossus' armored form is also invulnerable to rusting under Earthly conditions. Colossus has demonstrated no need to breathe while he is in his armored state and there's no known limit as to how long he can remain in this form.

In the Ultimate continuity, it has been shown that Colossus's eyes do not turn into steel, but instead remain organic and vulnerable (in the normal continuity, Colossus's eyes have been able to withstand a gunshot). Also, unlike the "normal" Colossus, when he is knocked unconscious he remains in whatever form he was in (see the "Hellfire and Brimstone" plotline). Also,this version of Colossus is immune to Cyclops's optic blasts.This proves useful when they are fighting the Russian Mafia in a search for Sinister.

soujaboy09
Ultimate Thor
"Ultimate" Thor

Ultimate Thor on the cover to Ultimates #4
Bryan Hitch, artist

Publisher Marvel Comics
First appearance Ultimates #4
Created by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch, adapted from Norse mythology

Statistics
Real name Either Thor Odinson, or Thorlief Golmen
Status Inactive
Affiliations
Previous affiliations Ultimates
Notable aliases
Notable relatives Gunnar Golmen/Loki, God of Mischief (brother)
Notable powers Either the incarnation of the Norse god of thunder, or advanced technology grants him control over thunder and lightning, flight, superhuman strength and durability, and the ability to move matter between dimensions.

The Ultimate Marvel Universe version of the mighty Thor is either the son of Odin sent to Midgard (Earth) to save it from apathy and self-destruction or a lunatic, although Magneto has strongly hinted that he beleaved him to be a mutant.

Ultimate Thor was a psychiatric nurse called Thorlief, until he suffered a mental breakdown and spent 18 months institutionalized. When he was released, he claimed to be Thor, Norse god of thunder, and attracted rebellious teenagers and conspiracy theorists with his speeches and self-help books. He has spoken against America's military aggression against other world powers.

When General Nick Fury contacted him about joining the Ultimates, Thor refused to work for the military-industrial complex that he detests. When the Hulk appeared in Manhattan, Thor refused to lend his aid unless the President doubled the foreign aid budget. When his request was met, Thor intervened, giving the team the time to inject the Hulk with the antidote that turned him back into Bruce Banner.

Thor was the first to report that the Chitauri base in Micronesia had been long abandoned. Upon arriving at the base in Arizona, Thor and Iron Man provided air support against the Chitauri spacecraft until the Air Force arrived. When Iron Man was called down to deal with the Chitauri bomb, Thor unleashed a massive electrical burst, blasting every alien craft around him, much to General Fury's amazement, who thought he was a pacifist; Thor corrected him: "A pacifist with a big, scary hammer." Iron Man asked Thor to help him dispose of the bomb that would obliterate the entire solar system, so Thor teleported it to the wastes of Nastrond; its detonation caused only a small ripple in space-time.

Later, Thor ceased aiding the Ultimates, feeling they were too much puppets. He also began speaking to apparitions of other Asgardians only he could see.

When an Italian demonstration against the European Defence Initiative's super-soldier program turned violent, Thor intervened. The Ultimates learned from the EDI's head scientist, Gunnar Golmen, Thorlief's brother, that Thor had stolen the technology that gives him his powers, and they tracked him to Norway to take him into custody. The technology was a weather control device in the form of a hammer and a power belt that grants super strength to the user. Thor told them that Gunnar was actually Loki, but they attacked him anyway. He shrugged off whatever they threw at him, until Quicksilver managed to remove his belt, and Thor came crashing to the ground. He now occupies Bruce Banner's cell in the Triskelion, where Gunnar/Loki taunted him about the existence of a traitor within the Ultimates' ranks. In Ultimates v2 #9, Loki confurmed that Thor is indeed a Norse God, as he joined an opposing force to The Ultimates under the idea that if The Ultimates have a Norse God on their side, so should it's opposion.

soujaboy09

soujaboy09
Pics of the fight

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5461/colossuandthor25oc.th.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/2552/colossusandironman8ie.th.jpg

soujaboy09
Everyones so silent why is that?

snoopdogg
Everyones so silent why is that? Did you see the scan I posted of Mags holding the Sentinels?

soujaboy09
I saw it it was nice.

soujaboy09
Wonder where everyone went.

soujaboy09
I think its safe to say that this topic is finished.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.