Remembering The Tsunami (Dec, 26 2004)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manny321
The Tsunami took place on Dec 26 th 2004 and it IMO launched the largest out pouring of giving i have seen in my life. It was the largest earthquake in the world since 1965. It also was a disaster that effected a masisve area of our planet.

the Tsunami killed over 250,000 people and thousands of Tourists.

It is the worst Tsunami disaster in history. It is also the the worst earthquake to hit the world since 1556!! It is also the most devastating natural disaster since 1970.

So i believe this disaster will not be easily forgotten.

What do you think?

I think Globally it is the story of 2005.

Arabian Knight
When the animals all suddenly start running up hill for no apparent reason....FOLLOW THEM YOU DUMBASSES!

manny321
:If a hurricane is going to hit a city below sea level evacuate or go to higher ground you dumb asses. "

Imo the biggest stories of 2005 were...

1. The tsunami
2. Hurricane Katrina
3. death of pope

PVS
Originally posted by Arabian Knight
When the animals all suddenly start running up hill for no apparent reason....FOLLOW THEM YOU DUMBASSES!

an idiotic post in only three minutes. is that a record? check the books

Arabian Knight
Originally posted by PVS
an idiotic post in only three minutes. is that a record? check the books
Loser.

Go try to impress someone else, kiddo.

GCG
Yeah, but the DUMBASSES are dead. erm

Capt_Fantastic
Loser.

Go try to impress someone else, kiddo.

Why would calling you an idoit impress anyone? It's kind of apparent.

So, I think maybe, "Go state the obvious to someone else" would be more appropriate.

Besides, how many deer or crocodiles are sitting around the pool at resorts? Not many I think.

Ladyluck
Has it really been that long since the Tsunami? Wow... a year went by so fast...

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Has it really been that long since the Tsunami? Wow... a year went by so fast...

Indeed, Adam PoE and I were in Miami for my best friends wedding when it happened. I seem to remember being drunk through most of the news bulletins.

Arabian Knight
Originally posted by GCG
Need a hug?
I don't care if they died or not.
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Indeed, Adam PoE and I were in Miami for my best friends wedding when it happened. I seem to remember being drunk through most of the news bulletins.
Well, it seemed to impress you, huh nancy? Like I told the other mental giant. Go gab with someone who thinks you're worth the energy.

Go play kids. big grin

GCG
Need a hug?
I don't care if they died or not.

Now wait a minute; lets re-phrase:

YOU:

ME:

Originally posted by GCG

So if they didnt follow the animals, cause they are DUMBASSES, they must have perished in the waves. Therfore you are saying that to dead people. So there is really no-body to have that initial post addressed to.

manny321
back to topic it doesn't seem it has been a year since this happened.

Capt_Fantastic
Well, it seemed to impress you, huh nancy? Like I told the other mental giant. Go gab with someone who thinks you're worth the energy.

No, it doesn't impress me. It doesn't impress anybody. But, I appreciate the mental giant compliment, none the less. You make me blush with your kind words.

PVS
in all honest...it does kinda feel like a year to me erm

and as far as mr. 11/05, i guess its inevitable that some angry child would come in and make their idiocy known. but 3 minutes? damn thats quick

fini
WOW, a year already, hmmmm I remember we looked at nothing other than the new channels for up to 2 weeks.

And the how I found out, every morning I check earthquakes that happened around the globe and I saw the 8.9 for Sumatra and went straight to the USGS report and read about the Tsunami and promptly went downstairs and put on the TV. At the end of the day they were counting the dead at about 2000-3000.

Things like earthquakes/volcanoes/hurricanes/tsunamis fasinate me, but over the past year I've never seen the sheer amount of suffering that was inflicted as such.

manny321
I know i was fascinated by Hurricanes but hurricane Katrina reminded us all even today( in a modern country) disasters can still kill thousands of people. It killed 1300 but 1300 are missing.

Arabian Knight
Originally posted by PVS
in all honest...it does kinda feel like a year to me erm

and as far as mr. 11/05, i guess its inevitable that some angry child would come in and make their idiocy known. but 3 minutes? damn thats quick
Feel better, kiddo? Got it all out? Good, good.
roll eyes (sarcastic) Useless people....

Ulven
Imbesille...

If you don't care, why inform us about it? Your lack of respect is astounding...

Arabian Knight
You misspelled imbecile....roll eyes (sarcastic)

Is this retard day in GDF or did you fellas sneak out off the short bus?

Ulven
OK shoot me dead, English is not my mother tongue, but I'll admit the mistake.

This does however not change the message...

Arabian Knight
If you can't speak it correctly, don't speak it at all. Especially if you're questioning another person's intelligence. Otherwise, you'll look like a stupid Norwegian.

Capt_Fantastic
If you can't speak it correctly, don't speak it at all. Especially if you're questioning another person's intelligence. Otherwise, you'll look like a stupid Norwegian.

from the mouth of babes...

BobbyD
Yeah, it's pretty amazing that a year has gone by that fast already. The first time I saw the footage/news of what was happening I was like: People, hurry! Move your asses!

Seeing the footage again just a week ago on a History or Discovery Channel special again, I was just awestruck this time by its fury/power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.