Sonic 2006

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shadow x 20
Sonic the Hedgehog comes to the Xbox360 and Playstation3 (maybe Revolution but that's still unknown)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/af/Sonic2006.jpg
Known Features
The detail level and draw distance have been upped considerably. In the demo, Sonic was seen running around fields, forests and canyons that seemed to go on for miles in every direction. High-res textures are everywhere.
A Day/Night cycle has been implemented. As you play, time slowly changes from dawn, to noon, dusk, night time, and back to dawn again in real-time. Everything in the game casts shadows based on the position of the sun or moon.
The basic features of previous Sonic games return; Rail Grinding, Springs, Dash Plates and the Homing Attack were all shown in the Demo. It is unknown how much this move set will be changed for the future.
The Robots designed for this game have been made to look more menacing - they appear to be smoother, more deadly variations of the G.U.N. robots from Sonic Adventure 2.
Yuji Naka has stated that this game will capture the most realistic sensation of speed ever, a feature only possible on Next-Generation Systems. This could be seen as a parallel to how NiGHTS was designed: capturing sensation of flight.
The Havok Physics Engine has been implemented, giving robots and debris realistic physics as objects crumble, fall and bounce around the playing field.

Rumors
The Day/Night Cycle, Incredible Draw Distance, and the promise on the sensation of speed all seem to suggest that this game will be shifting away from the straightforward level designs seen in Sonic Adventure 2 and Sonic Heroes in favor of a more cohesive world; somewhat like the Adventure Fields in the original Sonic Adventure, but on a much larger scale with a greater depth of gameplay.
The game will star Sonic, and Sonic only. Yuji Naka has stated in interviews that it would be interesting to do a game that stars just Sonic, but that fans also complain when their favorite character doesn't make an appearance - leaving him currently undecided on the issue.
Super Sonic may finally be playable outside of the final boss encounter - a feature Sonic fans have been begging for ever since the original Sonic Adventure.
As of December 2005, the game is only confirmed for the PS3 and the Xbox 360; though not announced for the Nintendo Revolution, it is speculated that it will appear on the console. Despite positive opinions of the Revolution, Sega has yet to announce any games for the system.
It has been said that, in addition to Yuji Naka directing the game, the original character designer for Sonic and Eggman, Naoto Ohshima, and the original music composer for Sonic 1 and Sonic 2, Masato Nakamura, are returning to provide some form of input on this game as well.
Originally, the game's designers were considering to give Sonic fur or individually animate every one of his spines, but this idea was dropped in favor of a more traditional Sonic.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/de/Sonik3.jpg

SnakeEyes
Hell No! Sonic games went downhill after the Sega Genesis days. I've read multiple reviews on Shadow the Hedgehog, and it didn't even get an average rating. Virtually everyone really disliked the game. Not to mention that every recent game of the franchise that I have played has sucked.
'Nuff said!

Ast
I picked "I dunno".

If they make the game about Sonic again, and dont put in 25 extra characters, I might look into it.

Shadow x 20
It should only have Sonic and Robotnik but Tails might also be in it.

Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Hell No! Sonic games went downhill after the Sega Genesis days. I've read multiple reviews on Shadow the Hedgehog, and it didn't even get an average rating. Virtually everyone really disliked the game. Not to mention that every recent game of the franchise that I have played has sucked.
'Nuff said!

What are you talking about? Haven't you played Sonic Rush or any of the Sonic Advance games? They're just as good (if not better) then the Gensis Sonic games

Red Superfly
When will they learn Sonic needs to be 2D?

Just because it's on PS3 doesn't mean it has to be full 3D.

Sonic's handheld versions are superioir in every way because they stay true to 2D Sonic greatness. Just make it 3D but on a 2D plane.

They'd tried for so long to make a 3D Sonic to rival Mario and all the others, but Sonic needs to stay on a "D plane. Chuck in as much 3D visuals as you like, but Sonic ain't a 3D platformer and never will be.

JKozzy
Amen.

hotsauce6548
I would look into it, but most likely not buy or play it. erm

Shadow x 20
I'm stick of people ranking on Sonic because he has 3D games. Half of yall complain that Sonic Team doesn't do anything different and when they do you complain about it to go back to 2D.

SnakeEyes
I agree with everyone here, except Shadowx20...

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Shadow x 20
I'm stick of people ranking on Sonic because he has 3D games. Half of yall complain that Sonic Team doesn't do anything different and when they do you complain about it to go back to 2D.

Actually, they weren't complaining about the 2D games. They were praising them--the ones on the GBA--because they were in 2D.

Red Superfly

*laughs at first sentence*

Play Sonic on the DS man. THAT is Sonic.

SaTsuJiN
Heh.. I doodled sonic..

I have good hopes for sonic in the future .. but sonic team has been on major crack lately

Shadow x 20
I don't think they gave Sonic Heroes and Shadow the Hedgehog a fair shot (Sonic Team I mean). For when they were making those games they were making on Sonic Advance games, Sonic Rush, and the new Sonic game.

Koala MeatPie
Only if it comes to PC.

And By that I mean HELLLLLLLO Bittorrent.

Shadow x 20
...okay
I think that Sonic Team needs Game Testers or at least come up with some super cool levels like they use to.

Koala MeatPie
Like the 3D levels from Sonic 3 And Knuckles?

If you plug in any Otehr Sega Gen game
(eccept Sonic 2) Into Somic And Kncukles,
then Press A + B + C you get over 500 of thoes levels.

Shadow x 20
Umm no I mean like Hydro City, Green Hill, Mirage Road, and a bunch of other good levels in Sonic games.

Koala MeatPie
Umm no I mean like Hydro City, Green Hill, Mirage Road, and a bunch of other good levels in Sonic games.

Hydro City Pisses Me off With Sonic.

Where is Mirage Road From?

I don't really have a Favorit level, i just like the game in its entirety, Althought I do go to certain levels Directly.

I got all master Emeralds With All Characters In Sonic And Knuckels (also includes Sonic Three) smile

Truth is I havn't played Sega in AGES.

Shadow x 20
Mirage Road is from the new Sonic game Sonic Rush.

Good news about the new Sonic game is that it may just have Sonic and Eggman and no one else (expect for maybe Tails). Also the fields will be more like adventure fields so you can go a lot faster. smile

JKozzy
Time will tell its true quality.

Shadow x 20
If this game blows like Heroes and Shadow maybe Sonic Team should stay on handhelds or something.

Blue Dragon
I'm looking foward to this game. Graphics look amazing. I know what would make Sonic game improve, collecting Chaos Emeralds in special stages & collecting 50 rings to go Super Sonic.

I like them in 3D, don't know why people complain about it.

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by Red Superfly
When will they learn Sonic needs to be 2D?

Just because it's on PS3 doesn't mean it has to be full 3D.

Sonic's handheld versions are superioir in every way because they stay true to 2D Sonic greatness. Just make it 3D but on a 2D plane.

They'd tried for so long to make a 3D Sonic to rival Mario and all the others, but Sonic needs to stay on a "D plane. Chuck in as much 3D visuals as you like, but Sonic ain't a 3D platformer and never will be.

Sonic's recent games have been great. OK, they're not up to the standards of Half Life 2 and Halo, but they're really good. Great visuals, Cool soundtrack, Ok storylines and Awesome gameplay. That's right. AWESOME.

All Mario has done recently is rubbish sports games and party game after party game after party game...

SONIC ROCKS rock

Can't wait for the next game.

Blue Dragon
Looks amazing. True about Mario, same old same old & Sonic's way better! Go Sonic!

MadMel
i have high hopes for this game...if those features are true, then this should be the best sonic game since sonic 3 & knuckles, my fav big grin

Tekno Boy
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
In the demo, Sonic was seen running around fields, forests and canyons that seemed to go on for miles in every direction. High-res textures are everywhere.

*ahem* err...pray tell where did you see this demo?

Blue Dragon
There's a demo!? Ahhh tell me women now! eek! I sure hope this is a successful game...unlike Sonic Heroes & Shadow. sad Alright but not great.

Yeah Sonic & Knuckles is great, so was Sonic 1, 2 & 3. stick out tongue All the classic Sonic games were top notch! yes Any idea when this game is out & what consoles? Not too bothered about consoles because I have both GC & PS2.

ESB -1138
I just played the Sonic demo for the 360. The game is fast and fun. Now if only I could play as Shadow and Silver to determine if they are worth playing.

Blue Dragon
Who's the new Hedgehog Silver anyway? I've only heard of him but know nothing about him. I think now they're naming more hedgehogs by colour. Think about it, Shadow, now Silver. Okay I know Shadow is a name, one of my cat's name is that, but it's the colour of black, so I think they looked at that & thought "Silver!" Yes Silver is a name too, but I just have a bad feeling about this...

I thought it was good to bring in a bad hedgehog, it's the light & dark thing & Sonic's dealing with it. It's everywhere, everyone has a big enemy like that. Two hedgehogs, good & bad, perfect! But not another one, now they're ruining it big time! Only one, not two or more!

Next we'll have Gold, Violet, Emerald, Bronze & more hedgehogs! It's gonna be like the Pokemon games, Gold, Silver & so on!

Will it be for the PS2/PS3 or Wii?

IceJaw
Played the demo, found shitloads of bugs and it feels just like Sonic adventure 2 and Sonic is rediculously hard to control.

Damn you Sega erm

MadMel
Originally posted by Blue Dragon
Who's the new Hedgehog Silver anyway? I've only heard of him but know nothing about him. I think now they're naming more hedgehogs by colour. Think about it, Shadow, now Silver. Okay I know Shadow is a name, one of my cat's name is that, but it's the colour of black, so I think they looked at that & thought "Silver!" Yes Silver is a name too, but I just have a bad feeling about this...

I thought it was good to bring in a bad hedgehog, it's the light & dark thing & Sonic's dealing with it. It's everywhere, everyone has a big enemy like that. Two hedgehogs, good & bad, perfect! But not another one, now they're ruining it big time! Only one, not two or more!

Next we'll have Gold, Violet, Emerald, Bronze & more hedgehogs! It's gonna be like the Pokemon games, Gold, Silver & so on!

Will it be for the PS2/PS3 or Wii?
silver's telekinetic..nuff said..

Swe_Bum
Originally posted by IceJaw
Played the demo, found shitloads of bugs and it feels just like Sonic adventure 2 and Sonic is rediculously hard to control.

Damn you Sega erm Heh! not so surprising.. erm
Sega is not the best game makers erm

Blue Dragon
They were one of the best though. MegaDrive rules & the games are great, & I don't mean just Sonic games!

General Kaliero
There are playable demos now? Just on XBL, or will there be in-store demos I can try out soon.

I want this game to be good... I really, really do... If it's any good, it will be my strongest reason for me to try getting a 360 anytime soon. If not...

AstroFan
The demo is garbage, its impossible to keep from "homing attacking" off into no where.

I think the Wii game will be much better than this.

MadMel
good to know stick out tongue

El_NINO
I downloaded the demo from XBL and I was constantly dying when doing the attack, I just kept on going off the cliff. Its kinda hard to control Sonic in this game.

Blue Dragon
What XBL? And I find it so hard to believe that this game is going to be downer...I mean, it looks fantastic! The grahpics look sweet & even my friend said it looked good, & she isn't even into games such, but she was impressed by the graphics. I was too, I just hope that the controlling is better than what you lot say it is.

AstroFan
That doesnt mean anything, its NextGen, 99% of games look great, they can still suck.

From the demo(and trailers for me), this game really doesnt look good.

El_NINO
What XBL? And I find it so hard to believe that this game is going to be downer...I mean, it looks fantastic! The grahpics look sweet & even my friend said it looked good, & she isn't even into games such, but she was impressed by the graphics. I was too, I just hope that the controlling is better than what you lot say it is.

Just because its NEXT-GEN doesnt mean its the best. I found I was disappointed when I bought Chromehounds and im into the Mech battles.

By the way... XBL = XBOX LIVE

Swe_Bum
can someone post a link to a trailer i want to se it.. stick out tongue
to lazy to find it my own

MadMel
for all your amazing humor, you are the laziest person iv'e ever met..

IceJaw
Originally posted by MadMel
for all your amazing humor, you are the laziest person iv'e ever met..

Swe_Bum
for all your amazing humor, you are the laziest person iv'e ever met.. actually we never met erm laughing

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by El_NINO
Just because its NEXT-GEN doesnt mean its the best. I found I was disappointed when I bought Chromehounds and im into the Mech battles.

By the way... XBL = XBOX LIVE
Does that mean it's only for the XBL? I hope not! Sonic moved to GC first, then PS2 & XBox.

Kayne Archeron
hopefully Sega learned its lesson from all the praise they got from Sonic Rush and will impliment more "chaos" into this new sonic... plus Silver looks pretty cool and has my favorite abilities of the main characters despite him being another Sonic clone

ESB -1138
Does that mean it's only for the XBL? I hope not! Sonic moved to GC first, then PS2 & XBox.

Sonic Next Gen is coming out for the 360 and PS3.

A totally different Sonic game is coming out for the Wii with just Sonic. No other characters expect Sonic called Sonic and the Secret Rings.

MadMel
Originally posted by Swe_Bum
actually we never met erm laughing
you dont call MSN meeting?? erm..cuz i do stick out tongue..

Blue Dragon
Originally posted by ESB -1138
Sonic Next Gen is coming out for the 360 and PS3.

A totally different Sonic game is coming out for the Wii with just Sonic. No other characters expect Sonic called Sonic and the Secret Rings.
Aww man, I don't have either, but I might get a PS3, but hot straight away. Wait until price goes down. I have to think about money more now & not just spend it like it's unlimited or something. I might get a new Wii though, for xmas! big grin Yay!

Swe_Bum
you don't call MSN meeting?? erm..cuz i do stick out tongue.. No i don't call that meeting..no expression just chatting stick out tongue

ESB -1138
Nov. 14 is when Sonic comes out to the Xbox 360. I can't wait!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.