elfen lied craze

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

evil_kidz
bloddy hell cant wait till i get vector four!!!!! wonder when it come out in AUSTRALIA.......

Lord Ryugen
...Wow an Elfin Lied thread, I was starting to think only me and my friends liked it.

Akira99
I both liked and hated this anime tbh.
I have a LOT of critisisms about it first of all and many may disagree but I found this anime to be predictable and annoying but not utterly pointless.
All my friends thought the opening scene was the best in anime but I thought it was pathetic. I mean a beautiful girl killing dozens of armed men in a factory? So its not been done before but there was certainly something very predictable and cliched about the idea. They've obviously never heard of proximity mines or explosives.
I was just thinking why the hell don't they just choke her with chloroform or something as she would not be able to block it at all. Speaking of those vectors I thought they were pretty dumb and cheesy - like something out of Dr. Who. Whats wrong with ordinary unlimited telekinesis - then wasting those soldiers wouldn't seem so stupid.
And then there were those pathetic characters. While Lucy, Kurama and to some extent Nana seem to be the only convincing characters, Kouta, Yuka, Bando and most of the others were just plain pathetic and thats what made the whole show so pathetic.
I just KNEW they would send a total tube like Bando to kill Lucy instead of a ruthless moving through the shadows assasin like the women from Noir who wouldn't hesitate. I just knew Kouta would be a spineless no nothing no balls Keitaro from Love Hina clone who is a feet kissing dormat when it comes to women and a typical pervert like most male leads are portrayed as. And don't even get me started on Yuka - possibly the most irritating b**h I've ever seen. They guys bloody sister and father have been killed and she knocks him around just for not being interested in her!?! And then there was the fact that there were no male diclonius and the ones that were there were incompetent powerless ugly half-breeds who make us wonder if there are any at all. I'm sorry but I just have to say I'm sensing something unconciously familiar about all this. And the idea that mankind is the enemy - showing scenes of pedophilia and that Bando guy knocking Nana around was pretty lame. It doesnt grasp teh bigger picture I think. What I got from this is that the diclonius were born in order to wipe out mankind - and mankind completely - the diclonius would be wiped out too through competition and fighting etc. I say this because I think idea is that there is no real difference between diclonius and humans other than the diclonius superior powers which they can use to silence their enemies. Killing is ammoral and this is attempted to be falsified through idea that the diclonius' genes tell them to kill humans - but it is evil nonetheless and no matter what the circumstances Lucy did try to kill her fellow diclonius and being silpelits or not that shows me that man and mutant are no different. Everyone seems to think that Lucy is some kind of angel who although she does what she does for personal selfish reasons ultimately wants to create a new more peaceful race and that her reaction to her suffering was completely human.
This show does however get 5-6/10 from me as it does indeed have a good story. I can relate to Lucy in more ways than one and really felt what was going on inside when she was young and being bullied. The final ending scene was touching as well and so was that reunion with that psycho girl and Kurama.
Please do not flame me for these are only my opinions and feel free to pm me if you have similar views or whatever

Wolfie
I've been looking into this series, wondering if it's worth the money. It's only about $37 on Amazon which is great for an anime, but I hesitate since I've never seen an episode. I'd rent it if I could find it.

crazy_shadow
Originally posted by Akira99
I both liked and hated this anime tbh.
I have a LOT of critisisms about it first of all and many may disagree but I found this anime to be predictable and annoying but not utterly pointless.
All my friends thought the opening scene was the best in anime but I thought it was pathetic. I mean a beautiful girl killing dozens of armed men in a factory? So its not been done before but there was certainly something very predictable and cliched about the idea. They've obviously never heard of proximity mines or explosives.
I was just thinking why the hell don't they just choke her with chloroform or something as she would not be able to block it at all. Speaking of those vectors I thought they were pretty dumb and cheesy - like something out of Dr. Who. Whats wrong with ordinary unlimited telekinesis - then wasting those soldiers wouldn't seem so stupid.
And then there were those pathetic characters. While Lucy, Kurama and to some extent Nana seem to be the only convincing characters, Kouta, Yuka, Bando and most of the others were just plain pathetic and thats what made the whole show so pathetic.
I just KNEW they would send a total tube like Bando to kill Lucy instead of a ruthless moving through the shadows assasin like the women from Noir who wouldn't hesitate. I just knew Kouta would be a spineless no nothing no balls Keitaro from Love Hina clone who is a feet kissing dormat when it comes to women and a typical pervert like most male leads are portrayed as. And don't even get me started on Yuka - possibly the most irritating b**h I've ever seen. They guys bloody sister and father have been killed and she knocks him around just for not being interested in her!?! And then there was the fact that there were no male diclonius and the ones that were there were incompetent powerless ugly half-breeds who make us wonder if there are any at all. I'm sorry but I just have to say I'm sensing something unconciously familiar about all this. And the idea that mankind is the enemy - showing scenes of pedophilia and that Bando guy knocking Nana around was pretty lame. It doesnt grasp teh bigger picture I think. What I got from this is that the diclonius were born in order to wipe out mankind - and mankind completely - the diclonius would be wiped out too through competition and fighting etc. I say this because I think idea is that there is no real difference between diclonius and humans other than the diclonius superior powers which they can use to silence their enemies. Killing is ammoral and this is attempted to be falsified through idea that the diclonius' genes tell them to kill humans - but it is evil nonetheless and no matter what the circumstances Lucy did try to kill her fellow diclonius and being silpelits or not that shows me that man and mutant are no different. Everyone seems to think that Lucy is some kind of angel who although she does what she does for personal selfish reasons ultimately wants to create a new more peaceful race and that her reaction to her suffering was completely human.
This show does however get 5-6/10 from me as it does indeed have a good story. I can relate to Lucy in more ways than one and really felt what was going on inside when she was young and being bullied. The final ending scene was touching as well and so was that reunion with that psycho girl and Kurama.
Please do not flame me for these are only my opinions and feel free to pm me if you have similar views or whatever no f'n way im reading all that

Originally posted by evil_kidz
bloddy hell cant wait till i get vector four!!!!! wonder when it come out in AUSTRALIA....... u like elfin lied? god bless u

PippinTook
Originally posted by Wolfie
I've been looking into this series, wondering if it's worth the money. It's only about $37 on Amazon which is great for an anime, but I hesitate since I've never seen an episode. I'd rent it if I could find it.

It would be a great buy. If you don't mind the nudity and graphic images and stuff like that. Some of the episodes are available on YouTube.com, though. They get deleted randomly because of copyright stuff, but people upload them again all the time. That's where I watched Elfen Lied. Just go watch a few episodes on there before you buy it if you want. Just the first episode will get you hooked, believe me. ^_^

jake hamoy
nyuu's cute

K73SK
Originally posted by jake hamoy
nyuu's cute random erm

boobsmagee
thought i posted a thread on this while ago i dont remember, ive been on ep 8 for a few months now lol ive been watching naruto bleach and stuff over it, but so fari had liked it, 6/10 sounds harsh but i also have only seen 7 episodes lol

jake hamoy
nyuu's kinda cute

K73SK
Originally posted by boobsmagee
thought i posted a thread on this while ago i dont remember, ive been on ep 8 for a few months now lol ive been watching naruto bleach and stuff over it, but so fari had liked it, 6/10 sounds harsh but i also have only seen 7 episodes lol there's been like 30 threads on this show. no worries..Originally posted by jake hamoy
nyuu's kinda cute we get the point, you love anime chix

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.