Journey to Oneself

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-hh-
So i was reading several things about different religions, and they always seem to mention "journey to be oneself".

Is this what God is calling us to do? or if you don't believe in God(s), how do we find our inner self. How is this journey risssky/difficult? How can we understand ourselves. Sorry if it's a broad question.

good night.

Shakyamunison
We think we need to do something, so many religions fill this fictional void. The truth is, we only need to understand the true reality of self. This may take more than one lifetime or just a moment. The journey is what is important not the destination. Life is something for the living.

debbiejo
Originally posted by -hh-
So i was reading several things about different religions, and they always seem to mention "journey to be oneself".

Is this what God is calling us to do? or if you don't believe in God(s), how do we find our inner self. How is this journey risssky/difficult? How can we understand ourselves. Sorry if it's a broad question.

good night. The journey is what you learn by, the destination is where we all end up...It's gaining knowledge, and experiencing emotion. Every bodies journey is unique......Finding your inner self is listening to that small voice we all have. We all have it whether you acknowledge god/gods or not, but if listened too, it could save you some strife with making some wrong decisions.....

-hh-
nice inputs

anyone else?

Storm
Listen to your intuition. Listen to your heart and the love you have for self and others and know your truth. Knowing without words, sensing the truth without explanations.

debbiejo
Originally posted by -hh-

good night. I haven't reread the other posts. Here is my thoughts on it though.

A journey to yourself is knowing yourself. I believe that knowing yourself is conscious and subconscious. The conscious knows what you want because it is YOU. The subconscious is YOU also, yet you are unaware of it's knowledge. It truly knows who and what you are and and all parts. I say this because there may or IS a part of you that may be wiser, it may know more, it may have answers to some questions. This I believe is part of the Eternal. We don't have a name for this, but many do find ways of accessing this subconsciousness part of them and find astounding answers to questions. To understand yourself is to understand the ALL of yourself. I am not religious at all, but I do feel we all have the resources within to do so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.