wonderwoman vs captain marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

o.g. slaughter
who wins in a race?
and then in a fight who wins?

spetznaz
In a race: Both tie!
Why?
Well, Wonder Woman draws her speed from Hermes, the Greek god of speed.
Cap. Marvel draws his speed abilities from Mercury (the Roman god of speed, who makes the 'M' in SHAZAM).
Why do they tie?
Well, Hermes and Mercury are the same deity. The Romans called him Mercury, and the Greeks called him Hermes.
Thus they are drawing power from the same being, and (ASSUMING they are drawing the same amount of power levels) then there speed should be 100% equal.
Now, if one is drawing more (in the way that all the various Flashes draw power from the speed-force, but Wally is more in tune with it and is thus faster than the other Flashes) then that one would win.
For now they are equal.

In fighting abilities I'd give it to Wonder Woman.
Why?
Well, their powers are more or less equal. The same abilities that power Wonder Woman power Cap (the difference being that for Billy it comes through the filter of the Wizard Shazam, while for Wonder Woman it was given directly from Zeus ...however their powers are more or less analogous, eg Shazam has strength from Zeus, and Wonder Woman has strength granted by Zeus through the earth).
However WW is a trained warrior, who happens to be a mighty powerhouse..
Captain Marvel is simply a boy who was turned into a mighty powerhouse.

Juntai
Originally posted by spetznaz
In a race: Both tie!
Why?
Well, Wonder Woman draws her speed from Hermes, the Greek god of speed.
Cap. Marvel draws his speed abilities from Mercury (the Roman god of speed, who makes the 'M' in SHAZAM).
Why do they tie?
Well, Hermes and Mercury are the same deity. The Romans called him Mercury, and the Greeks called him Hermes.
Thus they are drawing power from the same being, and (ASSUMING they are drawing the same amount of power levels) then there speed should be 100% equal.
Now, if one is drawing more (in the way that all the various Flashes draw power from the speed-force, but Wally is more in tune with it and is thus faster than the other Flashes) then that one would win.
For now they are equal.

In fighting abilities I'd give it to Wonder Woman.
Why?
Well, their powers are more or less equal. The same abilities that power Wonder Woman power Cap (the difference being that for Billy it comes through the filter of the Wizard Shazam, while for Wonder Woman it was given directly from Zeus ...however their powers are more or less analogous, eg Shazam has strength from Zeus, and Wonder Woman has strength granted by Zeus through the earth).
However WW is a trained warrior, who happens to be a mighty powerhouse..
Captain Marvel is simply a boy who was turned into a mighty powerhouse. In comics, Hermes and Mercury are two different Gods. They weren't originally, but after time they pulled apart because of worshippers dividing.
I dunno though, Wonder Woman always comes across as much faster than Captain Marvel, but I believe Hermes is a few steps slower than Mercury, being why he sought to borrow Flash's speed for their battle.
So, I dunno, too hard to judge.

olympian
"eg Shazam has strength from Zeus, and Wonder Woman has strength granted by Zeus through the earth"

Demeter, not zeus.

"I dunno though, Wonder Woman always comes across as much faster than Captain Marvel"

They have comparable speed. "much faster" its scretching it.

Juntai
Originally posted by olympian
"eg Shazam has strength from Zeus, and Wonder Woman has strength granted by Zeus through the earth"

Demeter, not zeus.

"I dunno though, Wonder Woman always comes across as much faster than Captain Marvel"

They have comparable speed. "much faster" its scretching it. Maybe so, but she has has far more of the speed feats between the two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.