2000-2005 - How'd you do?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Well, we're 5 years into the new millennium. How'd you make it count.

debbiejo
Just by being here.........though I did go to the beach a lot.

WindDancer
I'm still stuck in the year 2000 with all the computer stuff....

....MP3?

MC Mike
By feeling progressively better and better.

So life is good - very good.

crazy_c
I've developed a personality, grown up body, likes and dislikes and lost lots of confidence in the process. woops. I made some damn good friends though.

Jedi Priestess
Sucked ass as far as Im concerned. cry

Im hoping the next 5 are infinitely better. thumbsup

K.Diddy
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
Sucked ass as far as Im concerned. cry

Im hoping the next 5 are infinitely better. thumbsup

Word

Mišt
By sitting on this damn forum for 2 and a half of them disgust

Gah, gotta do something productive next year.

Imperial_Samura
I'm pleased as punch with the last five years, I finished high school with great marks, got into the university I wanted, met lots of great people and made them into great friends - one of whom's a girl that's an important part of my life... though I fear she's not the love of it.

Got rid of my mobile phone two years ago, and haven't looked back, it's great not having one of the annoying things, for me anyway.

Did a lot of charity work, and learnt a great deal, got some good work related accreditations.

Traveled some, and bought a lot of good hats, mankind's greatest clothing invention. Nothing like the a continental fedora in burgundy red.

Joined KMC forums - a good or bad decision I don't know wink

And other stuff. One can only hope the next five years are as good, or better (for me and everyone on KMC big grin )

Ah the same, if a beach is there, all pristine and inviting, it's really a crime not to spend some time in the sun, swimming and snoozing. Especially as there were no Jelly Fish at the Sydney Beach I frequent this year - I suspect they went somewhere cooler.

Lana
Well, I'm alive...the past 5 years had it's ups and downs, but overall wasn't too bad for me, I suppose.

mechmoggy
I got married; finshed a HND; finished a degree; moved about 100 miles away from my home town; bought a lovely new house; got a job I love and get paid a decent amount for; visited Spain, Portugal, Sri Lanka (twice), Maldives, France, Dubai, Singapore, LA, San Diego, Catalina, Mexico and Miami; and I also found out I'm gonna be a father in 2006.

To summerise: these last five years have been very good to me.

overlord
It sucked to me. Nothing happened..
I left multiple schools and stayed at home for years.

Well, at least I know how to paint and play instruments now..
More important than school anyway.

ash007
well got into a good uni. Finally actually had sex smile smile smile smile smile.
Now at Bar school in Oxford training to be a barrister

debbiejo
^happy happy you...was it all you thought it was gonna be? beer

I enjoyed the last five years. Moved out of the city, taking classes, have a beach down the road. Met a lot of great people. visiting some elderly in the rest homes. Though the last 6 months could of been better, had a court thingie, bad bad bad me...But I over came that!

Eis
SO much has happened in the last 5 years for me, I doubt so much will change in five years ever again.

Shakyamunison
I have heard that we are from 4 to 6 years off the birth of Jesus, plus there is not year 0. So, in the worse case the year is really 2012.

jaden101
mmm...a strange 5 years its been

left my teen years behind forever (or at least until time machines are invented)

met the love of my life...then lost her through my own stupidity

packed in a well paid job to go and do mine clearance work in Afghanistan for 6 months then got the hell out after 9/11

watched my uncle slip into alcoholism and drink himself to death in 8 months after the death of my gran

packed in another decent paid job to go back to university

all topped off with just these last few weeks of finally meeting someone with the potential to heal my long broken heart

Darth_Amidala
Enjoyed my last five years....I've tried to make the best of them.
Got a new Stepfather, a new house, two horses...wow what happened?

Still can't believe I'm 15 now though stick out tongue

tabby999
last 5 years, dont think i could say i really achieved that much

RedAlertv2
Met some good friends, had some good times. Havent done anything particularly notable, but Id say Ive done alright. Learned how to play guitar and joined a band.

BobbyD
So-so....found myself laid off from 3 jobs...very trying time.

Ushgarak
Whilst we are 5 years into the Millennium, I think it should be pointed out on grounds of basic counting skills that the start of 2000 to the end of 2005 is six years, not five. If you want to count from zero, follow through the logic.

mechmoggy
/\ This is what Ush has done for the last five years...correct other peoples arithmetic and grammar.

Great! I love it. thumb up

Eis
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Whilst we are 5 years into the Millennium, I think it should be pointed out on grounds of basic counting skills that the start of 2000 it the end of 2005 is six years, not five. If you want to count from zero, follow through the logic.
wow I cant believe so many people here forgot about this... (myself included)

debbiejo
^ Ok then, time to close the thread, we're off by a year...

tabby999
i recant my previous statement. after giving it more thought (ok so i didn't actually think the first time) i've done a bit.

worked for 4 years in a low paying job that had its moments but wasn't leading anywhere, quit, moved onto my new job thats much better, gotten into music thanks to some amazing friends i've met, gotten into movies, hosted my own radio show, interveiwed some awsome bands, got a birthday present from my favourite band, fell in love, then was crushed, gone through a stoner phase, planned to move on. choose life.

debbiejo
Ok here's the truth, this last month has been really crappy! laughing out loud blink

Why am I laughing?

mechmoggy
Because it's the best medicine? confused

(Unless of course you're diabetic)

debbiejo
^ OK that works.. big grin

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Whilst we are 5 years into the Millennium, I think it should be pointed out on grounds of basic counting skills that the start of 2000 to the end of 2005 is six years, not five. If you want to count from zero, follow through the logic.

Yep, threads done, Ush killed it. wink

Ex11B
well from 00-04 i went to Hawaii to live and it was a constant party.Oh and ive calmed down alot Happy Dance beer laughing

lowrider370
that last five years were the best of my life i entered my teen years and went into high school and teen life i am 15 now and loving it 2 more years i am into univeristy.

debbiejo
I'm looking more to the next 5 actually...

mechmoggy
Me too. yes

mrbumble
Geez I wish I hadn't stumbled across this thread.

Because it makes me realize how little I've done in the last 5 years...

tabby999
next 6 months, going to move out to the big city

mechmoggy
How about peoples worst event of 2005?

Mine has to be having a full on punch-up with my brother-in-law, and knocking him out...a week before Christmas. Oops.

debbiejo
Originally posted by mechmoggy
How about peoples worst event of 2005?

Mine has to be having a full on punch-up with my brother-in-law, and knocking him out...a week before Christmas. Oops. laughing out loud It's funny....But not............I'll have to do some thinking..

This is a great change in topic for sure. eek!

Imperial_Samura
Worst event eh? Finding out the Crazy Frog got to number one on the music charts in England.

Destroyed what little faith I had in the human species. Oh wait, I never had any faith in it, people are good, the species is dodgy. Still, it took it into the negatives.

The forthcoming purges won't be kind I fear.

debbiejo
The Crazy Frog?????????

Never heard of them..... blink

Worst year..Hmmmmm...How about the year when my boyfriend left, or it really was that I left, but snuck into his and ner hers apartment and lived in the closet for like 4 hours...........I had to really go to the bathroom too.........When were they gonna leave?....LOL...... confused

Learned how totally boring they were......So, it wasn't soooooo bad.

Messed up their crap up too.......

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo
The Crazy Frog?????????

Never heard of them..... blink

Worst year..Hmmmmm...How about the year when my boyfriend left, or it really was that I left, but snuck into his and ner hers apartment and lived in the closet for like 4 hours...........I had to really go to the bathroom too.........When were they gonna leave?....LOL...... confused

Learned how totally boring they were......So, it wasn't soooooo bad.

Messed up their crap up too.......

You lucky devil;. It was a stupid Mobile phone ring tone (yes, stupid even by mobile phone ring tone standards) that somehow got turned into a song, and ended up topping Australian and English music charts (stupid pop music. Stupid consumers.)

And wow! eek! I trust you snuck in planning some form of devious, witty revenge. As long as it was a learning experience I guess. And I don't want to know how you "messed up their crap"... I can't help but wonder if it tied in with the need for a toilet wink

debbiejo
Oh I know mind games really really well....And I know just how to play them.........Or .....hmmmm maybe that was a good year... laughing out loud

mechmoggy
Okay, debbs scares me a little now.

debbiejo
eek! Totally harmless really.....Just like to get my fun totally very well....

mechmoggy
*peers out of debbs' closet*

eek!

debbiejo
Don't be afraid...I don't do these things anymore....But it sure was fun when......... stick out tongue

I just don't want to relive those days of confusion.

botankus
* checks closet in fear *

Echuu
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Well, we're 5 years into the new millennium. How'd you make it count.

Pretty darn good 5 years. I currently have my temps and can get my license this March(and am going to a Coldplay concert in March too yippee!)

OH! And I've been a member of kmc for a little more than a year Happy Dance

debbiejo
Originally posted by botankus
* checks closet in fear *

Yes, a a person should always check their closets.... eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.