should i buy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darth vraya
Does anyone have System of a down hypnotize? if so, should I buy it?

Alpha Centauri
If you like System of a Down, yes you should buy it.

-AC

Solo
I disliked it, but many people I know who did enjoy "Mesmerize" loved it.

-hh-
i loved it. i'm gonna buy it soon.

i'm not sure if i can say it's better than Mesmerize or not. both are incredible thumb up

Bierbommetje
Hypnotize is probably my second fave SoaD album. Definitely worth it.

Lana
Loved it, got it the day it came out. It's excellent.

Darth Revan
Yeah. It's really good. Daron's voice is really starting to grate on me, though.

Ladyluck
Hypnotize is an excellent CD. Definitely get it, it's worth it. It seems that not as much effort was put into Hypnotize as Mezmerize, and it sounded a bit rushed, but nonetheless it's still an excellent CD. thumb up

Bierbommetje
Originally posted by Ladyluck
Hypnotize is an excellent CD. Definitely get it, it's worth it. It seems that not as much effort was put into Hypnotize as Mezmerize, and it sounded a bit rushed, but nonetheless it's still an excellent CD. thumb up

They only experimented, broadened their horizons immensly, created even more memorable songs, and overall became a lot better...

I agree thats just not enough effort. They are only their two best albums.

Alpha Centauri
Yeah.

Only put out two albums in one year to a better quality than most bands will ever reach with their whole back catalogue.

Not a major feat.

-AC

longshanks
You can get the whole album for like $7 here www.napstergirl.tv

fruits
YES. get it. i didnt liek SOD but my friend let me listen to it and then i went and bought it.

el_barto
Since I don't feel like making a new "What cd should I buy?" thread, I'm just going to ask here. I'm looking for some new punk bands to get into and I was wondering what cd's I should get.

RedAlertv2
Old or new?

fruits
well what kinda stuff u listenin to now?

Wolf Dog
Originally posted by el_barto
Since I don't feel like making a new "What cd should I buy?" thread, I'm just going to ask here. I'm looking for some new punk bands to get into and I was wondering what cd's I should get.

Refused - A Shape of Punk to Come

Get it, it's for your own good. One of my all time faves. I don't really know what bands i can compare them to but they sound good.

Lana
Originally posted by Wolf Dog
Refused - A Shape of Punk to Come

Get it, it's for your own good. One of my all time faves. I don't really know what bands i can compare them to but they sound good.

I've got that, my aunt gave it to me a few years ago. It's really good.

el_barto
I'll check it out, anything else (btw, I dont care if it's old or new)

Red Superfly
I was skeptical about the fact they seemed like they were rushing albums out, but man they blew me away.

These guys make two albums in one year, which not only equal and sometimes better their previous releases, but also put many modern bands to shame by pulling it off.

System seem to be doing what the likes of say, Foo Fighters can only dream of.

Awesome.

Df02
Fugazi
Earth Crisis

anythin from that sorta style - sorta DC postpunk

el_barto
The Fugazi cd's that my step dad has are End Hits, The Arguement, Red Medicine, Repeater, and Steady Diet of Nothing. Are any of those worth listening to?

Df02
Fugazi are worth listening to full stop

Alpha Centauri
Exactly.

-AC

el_barto
Ha, alrighty then I'll listen to all of the albums if I like them.

BackFire
Yes, buy it.

el_barto
I'm 5 songs into this album, and now I know Fugazi is god.

eggmayo
Originally posted by el_barto
I'll check it out, anything else (btw, I dont care if it's old or new)

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=promo&page=title&r=CD&title=169305

longshanks
Fugazi is God. System of the Down's new stuff does rock though. At least it's different with some world and prog influence.

Alpha Centauri
Stop saying "is God", for crying out loud.

-AC

el_barto
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

I meant to put good, but forgot an o.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

-AC

Do you want them to say "... are God" ....or not to compare them to that "God" Fellow at all?

Alpha Centauri
No musician is God, lets be fair.

I think Mike Patton may very well be Jesus and that Hendrix was most likely holy in nature, but I don't ever go around saying "*Insert name* is God". It's pointless. Just a stupid phrase.

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.