Christmas... slowly... getting... worse.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
So today is Christmas Eve for me and the family and I were going to go see King Kong. Now, I've been blowing off all of my friends who wanted to see it with me, because I was going to go today with the family. So, this morning at breakfast, my dad says we're not going. I was pretty disappointed, but didn't say anything because I didn't want to make him mad or anything.

After that, I got to thinking, well at least Christmas is still going to be awesome; then my dad tells me we're going to Church tomorrow instead of staying home and opening gifts like we've done every other Christmas. This got my pretty pissed, but I still didn't say anything. My brother's pretty angry too.

My dad recently got married and I think (I pretty much know) that the new wife is playing a great deal in manipulating a lot of what my dad does. I just hate not being able to do a thing about it, because my dad will automatically side with whatever she says, evem if what she's saying is completely illogical.

So there's my rant for today. sad

Ladyluck
Aww petpet

JacopeX

Snoopbert
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
So today is Christmas Eve for me and the family and I were going to go see King Kong. Now, I've been blowing off all of my friends who wanted to see it with me, because I was going to go today with the family. So, this morning at breakfast, my dad says we're not going. I was pretty disappointed, but didn't say anything because I didn't want to make him mad or anything.

After that, I got to thinking, well at least Christmas is still going to be awesome; then my dad tells me we're going to Church tomorrow instead of staying home and opening gifts like we've done every other Christmas. This got my pretty pissed, but I still didn't say anything. My brother's pretty angry too.

My dad recently got married and I think (I pretty much know) that the new wife is playing a great deal in manipulating a lot of what my dad does. I just hate not being able to do a thing about it, because my dad will automatically side with whatever she says, evem if what she's saying is completely illogical.

So there's my rant for today. sad You're still getting gifts right?

SnakeEyes
As far as I know... I just don't know when we're gonna open them.

hotsauce6548
I see where you're coming from, but my advice, and excuse me if I sound harsh: suck it up.

You say you're still going to have Christmas, still going to open presents, but the only difference is that you're going to Church. So it's an hour of your life. Go, be patient, and remember that you'll have presents waiting for you at home.

As for your father's new wife: That would get me angry, as well. I'd say, if she starts to have a major impact on your life, as in, she begins to make your father do things you know he would have never done before, take it up with him. You have to tell your father how you're feeling, or he'll never know.

By the way, do you like your father's new wife?

Either way, good luck and merry Christmas.

SnakeEyes
Yeah, I'm definitely gonna suck it up; there's not much else I can do. I'm still a bit bummed, though. You're right, however, it's not THAT bad.

I guess I'm just mad because I know this isn't going to be the first time she'll completely decide for my father what happens in the household. They've been dating for probably 5 or 6 years, so I've known her for quite a while. I've always been pretty much neutral with her. It's getting difficult to sustain such neutrality, however, now that she lives with us.

She's kind of crazy sometimes, and there are no warning signs before she gets angry. And when she gets angry, she yells quite a bit, and most of it doesn't make sense either. I mean, I can deal with getting in trouble just fine, as long as I actually DO something wrong. Most of the time when she yells/lectures me, it's when I know I haven't done anything wrong. That's what makes me so angry. As if that wasn't annoying enough, my dad will usually join in automatically and side with her and yell at me. Here's the icing on the cake: I can do nothing about any of it.

Don't worry though, I'll talk to my dad if it gets worse or if she continues to manipulate him.

Darth Macabre
I didnt go when my step-"mother" forced my family into going to church.

She's not my mother nor is she even my friend. But some people are just different.

Diamond~Kisses
console Just hold your head up high and get on with it, I guess.

mysterio69
hahaha...it is called CHRIST-mas. hahaha! have fun at church!!!

Koala MeatPie
Oh god man, seriosuly as hotsauce said, Suck it up!!!!

It's your dad who has been whipped, not you.

And instead of sitting there whinning, think about the (THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I WILL BE SAYING THIS) Thinka bout the other fvcking eople who don'T even have gifts and such.

"Awww I don't go to see King Kong and I have to Go to church"

STFU!

Some people don't even have heating and a christmas gift for them is being in good health.

sheesh man.

Bardock42
Kill your dad's girlfriend.

Koala MeatPie
Originally posted by Bardock42
Kill your dad's girlfriend.

It's his new Wife.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
It's his new Wife.

Same difference. Kill your dads new wife.

DeathByPencil
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Oh god man, seriosuly as hotsauce said, Suck it up!!!!

It's your dad who has been whipped, not you.

And instead of sitting there whinning, think about the (THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I WILL BE SAYING THIS) Thinka bout the other fvcking eople who don'T even have gifts and such.

"Awww I don't go to see King Kong and I have to Go to church"

STFU!

Some people don't even have heating and a christmas gift for them is being in good health.

sheesh man.

^Yeah, that.

_Sanctuary_
I thought my christmas was going to suck because I don't get on with 90% of my family, but instead of letting them get to me I slowly drove them insane big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.