Peter Jackson Directing Half Blood Prince??!?!?!?!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
Ive been hearing rumours that Peter Jackson is Directing the 6th Harry Potter film?!!?!?! Is this true!?!?!?!?!??!?!

hotsauce6548
Perhaps.

Would be pretty cool. yes

Barker
'Least we know he can do a Book-To-Movie properly, unlike Columbus or Newell..

DanZeke25
Originally posted by hotsauce6548

Would be pretty cool. yes

Piggle Humsy
I wouldn't think so.. after doing Lotr's.. but hey who knows...

I think it would be good... interesting at least.

Originally posted by Barker
'Least we know he can do a Book-To-Movie properly

yes

Isredel
Originally posted by The Ones
Ive been hearing rumours that Peter Jackson is Directing the 6th Harry Potter film?!!?!?! Is this true!?!?!?!?!??!?!

It could be worse like, Steven Spelberg Directing a crappy movie called A.I. stick out tongue

Oh wait, Is Peter Jackson being a directer a good thing?

anthonystop18
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
yyyyyyyyy

Saratn
that would be the best news i've heard about hp. Peter Jackson is one of the greatest i think. LOTR's and Kong. Those are good movies.

Imperial_Samura
Don't know if it would ever happen, doesn't seem that likely. Though it would be great if he did. He has a great grasp of how to do movies with a strong fantasy, or fantastical element in them - really captures the emotion and wonder such films posses (I got a bit misty eyed when Kong fell, damn humans in planes, shooting him in the back, so dishonorable.) It certainly could be epic. Who knows, maybe if it happened it might even win an Oscar!

Still, I would prefer it if had been one of the others, the Half Blood Prince doesn't really have any amazing bits that would allow Jackson to really shine, and I don't just mean special effects wise. After all, his two most successful films, the LOTR's trilogy and King Kong had lots of character development, coupled with huge landscapes and set pieces, the Half Blood Prince was so contained in Hogwarts, and rarely anywhere else. And it just seems like, out of the series, it is a bit emotionally plain, and lacked the pace of some of the others, at least until it got to Dumbledore's last act - now Jackson directing that could really be something, like the ways he handled character deaths in Kong and LOTR's, so much emotion.

If I had to chose which book I would have put Jackson in charge of - probably either book 4, 5 or 7.

Council#13
Poo people probably just want him to cause they dont know the names of other directors

Rave X
Oh dear... I dont know.. I hope he's not going to blow it. I find his movies to much on the edge between really good and trying-to-hard-boring-to-long-spoiling-the-movie-by-trying-to-hard...

nastyyy
Dunno... but i think it's early yet.

exanda kane
I douubt this is true. After Jackson was messed about by Universal over making King Kong he's taking a 1 year hiatus to relax. Have you seen how much weight he lost with stress over making Kong. He only made it
because it has been his dream project (he was supposed to make it before LotR) even inspite of his wealth.

Yes I realise a 1 year break from making films could still allow Jackson to direct a HP movie, yet I doubt he would buy into another franchise so easily. I hope the Hobbit will be made eventually, then he can get back onto films like the Frighteners, which was great.

A.D. Skinner
Not sure where these rumors come about...wish people would list their source...if there even is one, so that the rest of us could research it.

Peter Jackson is listed with the two upcoming projects.

The Lovely Bones
Halo

Harry Potter is not listed...so therefore, I would get your hopes up.

The Ones
Oh. I found it when i googled "Half Blood Prince Movie" and about half way down i saw a rumours page. Thats where i found it. I forgot the name of the site

Director_Joe
Originally posted by Isredel
It could be worse like, Steven Spelberg Directing a crappy movie called A.I. stick out tongue

Oh wait, Is Peter Jackson being a directer a good thing?

AI was an awesome movie...

Mormegil
Well, I personally think Peter Jackson directing a Harry Potter movie could either be really good or really bad. If he sticks to Rowling's directions and doesn't take too many liberties, I think he could make it great. But if he tries to make his own movie out of it, it could turn out to be something completely un-Harry Potter and ultimately bad.

The Ones
No matter what, if he directs a HP movie it will be awesome. Its if he sticks to the story or not and puts in all the important things

jedi sarah
i heard a rumour that tim burton was directing it

vaya_the_elf
I wish it is true. That would rock

Prince Nauj
Isnt he doing the halo or splinter cell movie? Thats what I read in a magazine. Plus hes a big of a A-lister know. They would pick someone else.

zombieman
Originally posted by Director_Joe
AI was an awful movie...

There ya go, I thought i would just correct that post for you.

Council#13
Originally posted by exanda kane
I douubt this is true. After Jackson was messed about by Universal over making King Kong he's taking a 1 year hiatus to relax. Have you seen how much weight he lost with stress over making Kong. He only made it
because it has been his dream project (he was supposed to make it before LotR) even inspite of his wealth.

Yes I realise a 1 year break from making films could still allow Jackson to direct a HP movie, yet I doubt he would buy into another franchise so easily. I hope the Hobbit will be made eventually, then he can get back onto films like the Frighteners, which was great.

yeah, he lost so much weight. it's going from Rosie O Donald to Christina Ricci

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Council#13
yeah, he lost so much weight. it's going from Rosie O Donald to Christina Ricci
then after that to Nicole Richie

Kementari
isn't he gonna do the hobbit now? it was supposed to be out this year but i highly doubt it.. maybe for 2007smile

RevolutionX
Peter Jackson making book6 sweet!!

exanda kane
it not true lol

Director_Joe
Originally posted by zombieman
There ya go, I thought i would just correct that post for you. As well I should mention that I have absolutly no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to film.

I fixed yours too.

Peter Jackson directing would be pretty sweet... Some one mentioned Tim Buton being rumored to direct it... I have to say, though highly unlikely, it would be so freakin awesome. Espectially for the darker books.

Imperial_Samura
How many movies was the current Harry Potter director currently locked in for?

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Kementari
isn't he gonna do the hobbit now? it was supposed to be out this year but i highly doubt it.. maybe for 2007smile
he hasent gotten the book rights yet! Plus hes doing halo or splinter cell.

DarkC
I pray to god it is. He'd do a better job than that poor excuse for a director who cut out what seemed like half the content from GoF in the movie.

exanda kane
Why the heck would Peter jackson want to make the Half blood Prince lol?

DarkC
Why the heck would Peter jackson want to make the Half blood Prince lol?
He's a great director.

exanda kane
But why Harry Potter?...I mean why would Jackson want to direct; devote 2 or so years of his life, to a Harry Potter film? Seriously

DarkC
But why Harry Potter?...I mean why would Jackson want to direct; devote 2 or so years of his life, to a Harry Potter film? Seriously
A new experience, perhaps? You saw how big his recent movies were, King Kong, LOTR. The world of Harry Potter is unique in a way that Jackson can easily tweak it to greatness.

exanda kane
Originally posted by DarkC
A new experience, perhaps? You saw how big his recent movies were, King Kong, LOTR. The world of Harry Potter is unique in a way that Jackson can easily tweak it to greatness.

My question sitll stands to reason...

He only made King Kong because of complications over rights etc... He was planning to make it and had started developement on Kong nearly 10 years ago now, only then he had the LotR idea...however he still had to make Kong.

And surely imbersing himself in yet another big budget franchise would not be a good move for someone who lost numerous pounds in stress over kong.

If you've seen The Frighteners then you'll know what kind of movie Jackson likes to make...not HP movies....

tigress
I hope he does coz everytime wb release a movie he has one out that gets all the damn awards when clearly hp earns them hands down if he does he may get ian mckellan to do DD that would be wicked

The Ones
yea and Andy Serkis as Voldemort.

DarkC
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
Isnt he doing the halo or splinter cell movie? Thats what I read in a magazine. Plus hes a big of a A-lister know. They would pick someone else.
He's doing Halo.

The Ones
He's producing Halo. Not making it

exanda kane
There's a difference and LMAo for the andy serkis remark!

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by DarkC
He's doing Halo.
cool

He's producing Halo. Not making it
hey cool sig, it rocks

jedi sarah
peter jackson can't do it. it wouldn't suit his style, not enough monsters

i recon he could have had a bit of fun with goblet of fire, with the creatures in the maze

The Ones
Originally posted by Prince Nauj

hey cool sig, it rocks

Thanks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.