Choosen to be alive?.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyd
I have heard about a lot of terrible accidents through my life, the last one happened to one of my friends, she died. Her accident was extrange because she was able to avoid those cars which killed her, but danm she didn't. A moth later i had an accident, i was working under an elevator which was supposed to be off. The machine suddenly land over me and hit my head.
Being under the elevator trying to avoid the death was a terrible experience for me. The thing is that im alive.

So, why my friend had to die and not me, why somepeople are so lucky to evade death in terrible accidents, while some others die so simply.

Does destiny choose somepeople to stay alive?, if so, why?.

meep-meep
Originally posted by Cyd
I have heard about a lot of terrible accidents through my life, the last one happened to one of my friends, she died. Her accident was extrange because she was able to avoid those cars which killed her, but danm she didn't. A moth later i had an accident, i was working under an elevator which was supposed to be off. The machine suddenly land over me and hit my head.
Being under the elevator trying to avoid the death was a terrible experience for me. The thing is that im alive.

So, why my friend had to die and not me, why somepeople are so lucky to evade death in terrible accidents, while some others die so simply.

Note to self: Don't work directly under 1,000 pound elevator car.

KidRock
Originally posted by Cyd

Its not destiny..its just a coincidence. Thats like me saying "some people died in a train crash in australia..why not me?" Because thats just how it is..it was them and not me.

MC Mike
So what is your question?

Did destiny have something to do with it?

What if one doesn't believe in destiny?

I don't. I believe in a vague concept of "consequence" based on logic interpretations of events in anyone's life (pretty much "probability"wink but not something as grand as destiny.

Therefore, I agree with KR -> Coincidence.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Cyd
she died. Her accident was extrange
Um...yeah.

Mindship
No one can say for sure whether or not "fate" is involved. May I suggest you look at this in the way which works best for you, whichever way moves you toward an appreciation for life each and every day, both your own and others'.

Bardock42
Originally posted by meep-meep
Note to self: Don't work directly under 1,000 pound elevator car.

I think I very much agree with you.

fini
heck when its your time to go, its your time to go. I've come to believe that a long time now.

debbiejo
It is strange and I don't believe in mere coincidences...I've been in many near misses..One with an Airliner jet that crashed....I should of been right where the crash was, but felt lead in an odd way, to say the least, to cancel a get together, another was when my car rolled over on the hwy, I had no seat belt on...Not a scratch on me......I believe that we all have our date to go...There's not much a person can do to change it...When your number is up, it's up....

Cyd
Originally posted by debbiejo
It is strange and I don't believe in mere coincidences...I've been in many near misses..One with an Airliner jet that crashed....I should of been right where the crash was, but felt lead in an odd way, to say the least, to cancel a get together, another was when my car rolled over on the hwy, I had no seat belt on...Not a scratch on me......I believe that we all have our date to go...There's not much a person can do to change it...When your number is up, it's up....

i like that one

Cyd
I agree with all of you at least a little bit. But questions without answer still come to my mind everytime i see that thing you call conincidence.

Red Superfly
Luck. Blind simple luck.

DrDoom101
Originally posted by Cyd

Does destiny choose somepeople to stay alive?, if so, why?. wait a minute, she was able to avoid the cars but didnt?

Lana
Luck and coincidence, nothing but.

Bardock42
Originally posted by DrDoom101
wait a minute, she was able to avoid the cars but didnt?

Sounds strange.

Originally posted by Lana
Luck and coincidence, nothing but.

Isn't that kind of an opposite...just a little?

Lana
Not really....like a week and a half ago I was in a bad car accident with a couple of my friends, in which we could have been seriously injured or killed, but weren't. I wasn't because I was luckily wearing my seatbelt, and by coincidence was in the front seat, not the back. If I wasn't wearing my seatbelt I probably would have hit the windshield, if I was in the backseat I could have gotten my back broken from the impact. But that didn't happen, due to luck and coincidence.

Bardock42
Not really....like a week and a half ago I was in a bad car accident with a couple of my friends, in which we could have been seriously injured or killed, but weren't. I wasn't because I was luckily wearing my seatbelt, and by coincidence was in the front seat, not the back. If I wasn't wearing my seatbelt I probably would have hit the windshield, if I was in the backseat I could have gotten my back broken from the impact. But that didn't happen, due to luck and coincidence.

Oh I see....then I agree...you don't see luck as an supernatural concept but as a form of coincidence that is well and "advantage" to a person.

allofyousuckkk
ok, i dont wanna take from the mood of this thread......but learn to spell god damn it........i had to read it 3 times to get the jist of what it was trying to say

Cyd

Coincidence or luck, but maybe you choosed to be save using the seat belt. So i have another question, when we choose to be save in order to aboid injuries, can we call that desition coincidence?, i mean, is a coincidence when we act rationally in order to protect ourserlf?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Cyd

Karma. Some people survive and some do not.

botankus
They build pits in elevator shafts to prevent a car from crushing someone to death. When you're on the first floor, there is plenty of space below your "foot level" where the car doesn't go. Insted of fate or coincidence, it was probably good engineering that saved this person.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.