PSP Online Help [merged]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
I turned on my psp and it was like do you want to update eek! and I said yeah eek! so it said ok eek! and gave me 2.0 and now I could go online with it but i don't know how to set up a connection, and I need help from you guys Happy Dance to tell me how to set up the connection, and what the hell is wep key that you have to type in...it said like 10 something and I don't know what they are talking about sad

Please Help Happy Dance

TwisterGameX
How much is a wireless router and how the hell do you work it on the psp/where do you buy one.

jerlark386
If you have a naked wifi, which I suspect you do, you can probably ignore it.

If not look at your router settings. Your wep key should be somewhere in wireless security.

http://media.psp.ign.com/articles/595/595653/vids_1.html

Try the online setup video first.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by jerlark386
If you have a naked wifi, which I suspect you do, you can probably ignore it.

If not look at your router settings. Your wep key should be somewhere in wireless security.

http://media.psp.ign.com/articles/595/595653/vids_1.html

Try the online setup video first.

I don't have a wireless router or anything yet sad I wonder how much it cost. i guess I need that first right ? Well thanks for the site because I am saving that and trying to get some connection. Happy Dance

jerlark386
Well you can a good wireless router for under a hundred dollars. Actually much less, depending on where you shop.

Get a Linksys WRT54g, if you can. Its the best.

smile

TwisterGameX
Well you can a good wireless router for under a hundred dollars. Actually much less, depending on where you shop.

Get a Linksys WRT54g, if you can. Its the best.

smile

Yes i could already fel the power growing but here is another fast ball. How does the psp connect to that thing droolio

jerlark386
The router is intellegient device divides your internet among multiple computers, among other things. So basically your PSP will be connect to the internet and you will be able to play online multiplayer games. Another advantage of owning a router, is you will have a Local Area Network. So if you have a group of computers or other network capable gaming consoles, you can have a lan parties. And if all your computers/laptops are wireless, then you can game or use the internet from anywhere in your house.

If people say you need air for playing games all day, then take your gaming outside. smile

w00t!

TwisterGameX
The router is intellegient device divides your internet among multiple computers, among other things. So basically your PSP will be connect to the internet and you will be able to play online multiplayer games. Another advantage of owning a router, is you will have a Local Area Network. So if you have a group of computers or other network capable gaming consoles, you can have a lan parties. And if all your computers/laptops are wireless, then you can game or use the internet from anywhere in your house.

If people say you need air for playing games all day, then take your gaming outside. smile

w00t!

laughing Well said. So what your saying the psp just has to be next to it and it goes online or do i need to connect some nasty wire in it.
I will game all day instead of doing random stuff that will corrupt you

jerlark386
It depends alot on where you place the router. Do NOT place the router in the basement, especially if you have garage.
Other than that, your psp once properly configured should have no problems connecting to the router from anywhere in the house, without any wires attached.

TwisterGameX
It depends alot on where you place the router. Do NOT place the router in the basement, especially if you have garage.
Other than that, your psp once properly configured should have no problems connecting to the router from anywhere in the house, without any wires attached.

Thanks smokin'

Gouki
I also have a question, I have a PSP, and an emulator, I haven't updated it or anything, the Emu is the Snes9x, I got it into the PSP, but I can't seem to find any ROM's for it. Any help jerlark386?

Cringe
Yeah so, can anybody help me with my PSP? I want to know how to get online and download music and stuff unto it but I dont know how. Its really confusing to me and so I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Questions 1: Can someone give me detailed instructions on how to download music unto it?

Question 2: Can someone tell me how to browse the web? I have a DSL modem and am near a computer but it keeps saying it can't find a connection or something. I really want to experience the PSP with all it has to offer but I dont know how to work it yet and am not around anybody who does.

Please help me someone! Please! And please dont move this somewhere else because the OFF-TOPIC gets the most visits and replies and I want to get started already.

-Cringe

TwisterGameX
I didn't read all that but you could on go online if you are near an area (wifi) and you have 2.0...also you should get a connector from your psp to your cpu so you could take the music off your cpu onto the psp...

JKozzy
If you don't have a wireless router or access to WiFi then you're not going to be playing online. Use the USB cable that either came with your PSP, or if you have to purchase it seperately, do so. You can get music on there from that.

http://www.xilisoft.com/pspmusic.html
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000980024404/
http://www.duxcw.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=13019

By the way? Google is your friend. Try using it...

powerfulone1987
guess this thread got moved after all. You shouldn't have drawed attention to yourself by asking for it not to be moved but anyway, yeah, you need a wireless router if you're trying to get online at home.

I'm assuming you don't own a PSP Jkozzy?

lowrider370
www.playstation.com go to psp forums and then networking they should help u out a lot

JKozzy
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
guess this thread got moved after all. You shouldn't have drawed attention to yourself by asking for it not to be moved but anyway, yeah, you need a wireless router if you're trying to get online at home.

I'm assuming you don't own a PSP Jkozzy? No, but my friend does and it's not very complicated at all.

Lana
Merged threads.

powerfulone1987
Originally posted by JKozzy
No, but my friend does and it's not very complicated at all.

Just wondering b/c of a certain comment in your post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.