Animal Farm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
I'm reading this again. In America, usually this book is required in grammer school.

It's pretty screwed up. Does this book say that a perfect society is impossible? That greed and selfishness will eventually evolve no matter what?

Any thoughts?

This is a pretty short book. And it's an easy read. I suggest you pick it up, if you havn't read it.

Movie_Geek_
I had to read it for school last year and I HATED that book! Which is odd for me because I love to read and normally can find something I like. The book is all about the Russian Communist Party or the Soviet Union (USSR) What ever You want to call it. Each animal was a representation of a real person. Like the origanil human owner of the farm ( I can not think of his name ) Was a suposd to be like the last Cazar of Rassia. Boxer was the smbole for the working people, Mosas the crow was religon, the old mule was the smart people and the old that knew what was really happening, and the other humans in the story where other countrys but I can not think of who. That is all I can think of, the others I would have to go look up in my old notebook. I found the hole book boring and poitless though.

emily_fletcher
Thats werid... Sounds stupid

Zarathustra
I'd say it's less a moral about general truth than it is about a particular situation: the Russian Revolution and Soviet Communism and how it's leaders twisted their doctrines until they became just a bad if not worse than the Tzar.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.