Can you stand the sight of your own blood?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
well, can you?

Darth Macabre
Yes, just not other peoples.

Snoopbert
Yes, and other peoples. It doesn't bother me.

Isredel
I can. Even other people's.

But I get weak in the knees when I see something surgical.

Darth Macabre
Really? When I see guts and stuff it doesnt bother me. It's just there blood that does it.

Princess-Puppy~
Yes. Some people lick their blood.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Princess-Puppy~

I do if I have a cut on my fingers, or arms. Why not? Its your's anyways.

AOR
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
well, can you?

yeah, I even cut myself to see it roll eyes (sarcastic)

Eiji
On a logical scale? It depends on how much, if I see a crap load of blood pouring outta me or someone in real life then it wigs me out because you only have so much blood before your body decides to check out on you. It's not the color of it or where it comes from or it's density and viscosity or anything, it's the fact that if you bleed enough you'll die.

Why do I sound like a boring little nerdling who's never gonna get some in life?!

Let's not answer that, shall we?! ^_^; It'd make my life easier! That it would.

Darth Macabre
lol dissing yourself? That's a sign of security in your life.

Princess-Puppy~
If you touch or lick other peoples blood you get H.I.V.!

Itzak
Yeah, I can. And other people's, I'm used to it.

Darth Macabre

LoL but who would do that?

Leo.M
Originally posted by Snoopbert

Lana

Um, no. Only if that person has HIV can you get it.

Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm okay with the site of my own blood (I tend to randomly injure myself a lot on accident, I'm a total clutz), but I can't handle seeing anyone else's blood.

Princess-Puppy~
Originally posted by Lana

Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm okay with the site of my own blood (I tend to randomly injure myself a lot on accident, I'm a total clutz), but I can't handle seeing anyone else's blood. I know!

Isredel
Originally posted by Lana

Sheesh.

Anyway, I'm okay with the site of my own blood (I tend to randomly injure myself a lot on accident, I'm a total clutz), but I can't handle seeing anyone else's blood.

I had a friend one time touch a metal part of a tray from the toaster oven. It burned.

Rogue Jedi
blood never bothered me.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Isredel
I had a friend one time touch a metal part of a tray from the toaster oven. It burned.

lol well I thought that was a given.

Council#13
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Yes, just not other peoples.
yes

AOR
lol well I thought that was a given.

don't give him too much credit Mr. Macabre

silent dreams
I can. It's just blood. Blood never really bothered me.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by AOR
don't give him too much credit Mr. Macabre

lol I'll remember that next time.

Rogue Jedi
i saw a guy with an open fracture once. the bone was sticking out of his leg. that freaked me out.

Darth Macabre
i saw a guy with an open fracture once. the bone was sticking out of his leg. that freaked me out.

See that kind of stuff doesnt bother me.

Rogue Jedi
it did me. man, it was like "thats not supposed to be showing!!!"

Darth Macabre
lol

Rogue Jedi
it was weird.

Darth Macabre
I know where your coming from. One of my friends broke his leg on the football field, and i had to carry him off. When I laid him on the bench, it wasnt pretty.

Rogue Jedi
my dad broke his finger once at work. he looked at it, bent it back into place, finished the popsicle he was eating, then fashioned a splint out of the stick and finished the day.

Darth Macabre
my dad broke his finger once at work. he looked at it, bent it back into place, finished the popsicle he was eating, then fashioned a splint out of the stick and finished the day.

lol Are you serious?

powerfulone1987
with all of the blood i get drawn I have to be.

Rave X
I suffered form self injury when I was younger, so yes, I'm fine with it. Also fine with other peoples blood or surgery or whatever

Coldfire
well, can you?
I can stand the sight of my own and other ppl's blood

Storm
Yes.

Ceterum censeo OTF esse delendam.

Dark Urizen
I do if I have a cut on my fingers, or arms. Why not? Its your's anyways.

The "lick your finger if you have a cut" thing is instinctual, primarily because drool is a very potent antiseptic smart

And no, i have no problem with blood, be it mine or someone elses.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Dark Urizen
The "lick your finger if you have a cut" thing is instinctual, primarily because drool is a very potent antiseptic smart

And no, i have no problem with blood, be it mine or someone elses.

Drool's an antiseptic?

Dark Urizen
Drool's an antiseptic?

yes

that's why when you cut yourself the first instinct is to put the finger in your mouth.

Or at least that's what i've heard confused

Rave X
drool contains more bacteria then where ever

bogen
seen my own eye socket and nerve in a mirror once, i stuck me finger in trying to get to my brain ( i was six, don't blame me).
Yeah that was kool, then after that wen i was ten i had a stick go through my index figerstarting at the nuckel up through the bone and out the top, when it came out i bled and bled and bled, but it was rapid savage.

Imaginary
Originally posted by silent dreams
I can. It's just blood. Blood never really bothered me.

xyz jedi
well, can you? I drink my blood! I just look at other peoples.

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Rave X
drool contains more bacteria then where ever

That's funny because it's wrong sad

One of the contents of saliva:

Antibacterial compounds (thiocyanate, hydrogen peroxide, and secretory immunoglobulin A)

Clovie
well, can you? why not? huh

Kharhmah
well, can you?
Yes. Yes I can.

Tired Hiker
Twice in the past two weeks I've bit my tongue in my sleep, waking up to a mouthful of blood. It's a weird phenomenon, I guess. It goes like this . . .

I wake up, my tongue hurts, I don't know why, so I start falling back to sleep, then I taste blood, I stick my finger in my mouth, I snap on my reading light, I look at my finger, it's covered with blood, I get up, rinse my mouth out for about five minutes, the bleeding stops, I go back to bed.

The next day, my tongue is sore and has bumps on it. True story. sad

Dark Urizen
Originally posted by Tired Hiker
Twice in the past two weeks I've bit my tongue in my sleep, waking up to a mouthful of blood. It's a weird phenomenon, I guess. It goes like this . . .

I wake up, my tongue hurts, I don't know why, so I start falling back to sleep, then I taste blood, I stick my finger in my mouth, I snap on my reading light, I look at my finger, it's covered with blood, I get up, rinse my mouth out for about five minutes, the bleeding stops, I go back to bed.

The next day, my tongue is sore and has bumps on it. True story. sad

No need to fret unless one night you wake up, throw up, crap yourself, urinate everywhere, and pretty much eliminate everything from your body that isn't blood or organs. And if after that you see in shades of purple and have enhanced senses and a need for blood, start worrying...

According to Anne Rice shifty

Rave X
That's funny because it's wrong sad

One of the contents of saliva:

Antibacterial compounds (thiocyanate, hydrogen peroxide, and secretory immunoglobulin A)

Hm... youre right. My bad. Wounds in a mouth heal much quicker indeed than anywhere else. Animals lick their wounds.
But as a nurse, with a pierced tong, exposed to (severe) trauma wounds have to wear mounthcaps. It must be than that the bacteria can only do 'damage' to others?

Dark Urizen
Hm... youre right. My bad. Wounds in a mouth heal much quicker indeed than anywhere else. Animals lick their wounds.
But as a nurse, with a pierced tong, exposed to (severe) trauma wounds have to wear mounthcaps. It must be than that the bacteria can only do 'damage' to others?

No prob smile

Nope, fear of HIV and other hundreds of diseases that are easily transmitted through internal fluid contact.
You'd be surprised at the number of pacients that cough up blood or saliva, or are just plain junkies that spit the nurses inthe face. It's a precaution for their own health.

Rave X
No prob smile

Nope, fear of HIV and other hundreds of diseases that are easily transmitted through internal fluid contact.
You'd be surprised at the number of pacients that cough up blood or saliva, or are just plain junkies that spit the nurses inthe face. It's a precaution for their own health.

I dont mean diseases, I mean that saliva can infect a wound. Because if you had a severe wound and I'd spit in it the risk for infection is much greater then when you spit in it yourself, because you have other bacteria in your saliva than I have

Dark Urizen
I dont mean diseases, I mean that saliva can infect a wound. Because if you had a severe wound and I'd spit in it the risk for infection is much greater then when you spit in it yourself, because you have other bacteria in your saliva than I have

confused

Where did you get this from???
Humans don't have bacteria in their saliva (unless we're talking hobos that eat from the garbage can). So if you spit in my wound or i spit in my wound, the same anti-bacteria in all humans' saliva (the ones i enumerated a few posts back) would help with the healing process....

confused

Rave X
confused

Where did you get this from???
Humans don't have bacteria in their saliva (unless we're talking hobos that eat from the garbage can). So if you spit in my wound or i spit in my wound, the same anti-bacteria in all humans' saliva (the ones i enumerated a few posts back) would help with the healing process....

confused

Humans do have bacteria in their saliva right? I've seen tests on tv (kinda hard to explain in Englisch, since my native language is Dutch) where they test for example food that has been laying on the floor for 5 seconds to see how much bacteria it gained compared the the same food that hasnt. That way they have tested saliva... or am I not making any sence at all and have I confused two things badly? confused
I'll see if I can look it up on the internet

BobbyD
Yes. Yes, I can. I donate about 3-4 times a year.

hotsauce6548
Yes. Blood, I don't mind.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Snoopbert

fini
i have absolutely no problem with the sight of blood. Mines or anyone else'e

If i didn't hate biology so damn much I would have studied to be a surgeon, had the stable fingers to do it. Lol but not anymore, since I cant use the 2 fingers that got crushed earlier this year.

Alpha Centauri
Yep, blood was never a problem for me.

-AC

GCG
It depends; in large amounts blood gets dense and looks like jam. Even getting that cleaned is quite gross. It forms a film on top of the puddle when it begins to dry up.

Dark Urizen
Humans do have bacteria in their saliva right? I've seen tests on tv (kinda hard to explain in Englisch, since my native language is Dutch) where they test for example food that has been laying on the floor for 5 seconds to see how much bacteria it gained compared the the same food that hasnt. That way they have tested saliva... or am I not making any sence at all and have I confused two things badly? confused
I'll see if I can look it up on the internet

I think you're confusing things. If you ate something that was on the floor it would have bacteria, but the anti-bacteria in your saliva would fight it and most likely win.
Normally, there isn't bacteria in your mouth.

lowrider370
i don't mind it even other peoples blood

DanieLs_4_Ever
well, can you?
Yes and the taste as well.

_Sanctuary_
I cut my hand a minute ago I can't stand the sight of my blood...it is all over my gloves!

I guess it is kinda my fault for smashing that glass...

Impediment
I guess it depends on the extremity of the blood flow. If I get a lil' ol' paper cut, I'm not going to pass out like a little school girl. But, when I was in Iraq, I was shot on the neck and when I saw blood spurting out of my neck like a damn lawn spicket, I passed out cold.

BobbyD
Impediment, you served?

_Sanctuary_
Originally posted by Impediment
I guess it depends on the extremity of the blood flow. If I get a lil' ol' paper cut, I'm not going to pass out like a little school girl. But, when I was in Iraq, I was shot on the neck and when I saw blood spurting out of my neck like a damn lawn spicket, I passed out cold.
I think I may pass out just from hearing that story....

Rave X
Originally posted by Impediment

no expression I think I'd pass out to if it happened to me...

Impediment
I'm not too proud to admit that I did. smile It scared me sh*tless. I woke up a day later in a hospital.

blackwings667
yes.. my own and anybody elses..... and im just about used to the smell of formaldehyde b/c my dad always smells like it.....

Mr Parker
when i cut myself I have no problem,but I turn the other way when I am at the doctors and I see it going into a tube,makes me faint seeing it withdrawn like that.

Red Superfly
If I'm happily hacking away at some pour soul that has trespassed onto my land and whom I have subsequently kidnapped and am holding hostage in my cellar, then I'm fine.

Bit of blood here, kidneys over there, what's not to love?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.