Nintendo Sony

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TwisterGameX
Just watched icon sad The new system was Nintendo Sony but Nintendo stabbed Sony in the back in fear that they willm make money with the disk so they hired some other disk guy and Sony said the hell they screwed us so they made a system and raped Nintendo ever since then sad

hotsauce6548
Saw that.

Interesting, to say the least. erm

JKozzy
Wait... what?

Smasandian
Didnt anybody know this.

The original playstation was actually an agreement with Nintendo and Sony to create CD based game system.
Nintendo said, " We still want cartridges", and stopped developing this system.
Sony decided to create a new system with the previous work of Nintendo.

JKozzy
Yeah, I knew that, but the first post made it sound like something completely different messed

lowrider370
then mirosoft came and they both consantly raped nintendo its sad nintendo was great they supposed to be the game system on top aw well better games for us

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by Smasandian
Didnt anybody know this.

The original playstation was actually an agreement with Nintendo and Sony to create CD based game system.
Nintendo said, " We still want cartridges", and stopped developing this system.
Sony decided to create a new system with the previous work of Nintendo.

Wasn't the system originally supposed to have catridges and CD's? And then I think Nintendo thought they would be more successful if they made their own... and well, stabbed Sony in the back.

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Wasn't the system originally supposed to have catridges and CD's? And then I think Nintendo thought they would be more successful if they made their own... and well, stabbed Sony in the back.

yes Nintendo wanted cds and made a thing withsony to help them out then they said wait if we let them do the cds for us they will make money so lets get our people to do it instead(after they agreed to do it) and at e3 the son guy goe sNintendo Sony then 5 mins later the nintendo guy said we are not doing it with your ass we got our own people so we get more money...sony said wtf and said f that mess and created the devil whicj will rape nintendo for life.

darth_royke
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/blainascum/snescd.jpg

thats it. looking back... dont you think nintendo were stupid for letting sony go? as much as i love nintendo and their history, they made a pretty bad mistake with that.

TwisterGameX
Nintendo went to sony first and asked for a partner then goes and back stabs sony. Greedy Bastards.

JKozzy
Originally posted by darth_royke
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/blainascum/snescd.jpg

thats it. looking back... dont you think nintendo were stupid for letting sony go? as much as i love nintendo and their history, they made a pretty bad mistake with that. Definately, look at the PS1's legacy. That all could've been Nintendo's, too.

TwisterGameX
I say Sony Nintendo and Microsoft make a system called SonyNintendSoft

SaTsuJiN
I'd rather not.. I prefer my nintendo games 'without' that pinch of mediocrity

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by TwisterGameX
Nintendo went to sony first and asked for a partner then goes and back stabs sony. Greedy Bastards.

laughing

El_NINO
Nintendo has made many bad choices not just that one

HigH ScholaR
Originally posted by lowrider370
then mirosoft came and they both consantly raped nintendo its sad nintendo was great they supposed to be the game system on top aw well better games for us

no not really, the xbox and gamecube have similar sales in the overall syayetems selled around the world....................oh and nintendo are making profit on their system and are less pirate freindly so they don't lose even more money on thier systems.

hmmmmmm as you said Sony is raping Nintendo's ass i take it you include the handhelds, in that case i guess its nintendo whos raping sonys ass.

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
no not really, the xbox and gamecube have similar sales in the overall syayetems selled around the world....................oh and nintendo are making profit on their system and are less pirate freindly so they don't lose even more money on thier systems.

hmmmmmm as you said Sony is raping Nintendo's ass i take it you include the handhelds, in that case i guess its nintendo whos raping sonys ass.

I thought PSP and DS sales were relatively close? erm

JKozzy
With the pricetag difference? I'd be surprised if they were close... DS is more kid-friendly, kids get handhelds, parents would rather pay $129/$249 than $249/$299 (regular/bundle).

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by JKozzy
With the pricetag difference? I'd be surprised if they were close... DS is more kid-friendly, kids get handhelds, parents would rather pay 9/9 than 9/9 (regular/bundle).

That makes sense.

I really didn't know, just thought I read somewhere sales were close.

JKozzy
They could be close, but I don't think they're that close.

Plus, I'm waiting for the fabled hard drive to be built into the PSP. Rumors are that it may see the HDD in the summer. If not, oh well, I can deal. It's a handheld.

powerfulone1987
What's HDD?

And no they are not close. Sony is suffering in handheld sales. I can't remember the numbers but I think it was like more than half of their handhelds that went out to the stores stayed on the shelf or something like that.

And yeah, they had a long thing in one of my gaming magazines about the history of Sony/Nintendo.

But the way Twister opened this up was very confusing and I had no idea what was being talked about.

TwisterGameX
Nintendo is out selling psp because of the realease of mario kart...before they were super close in sales.

HigH ScholaR
superclose, no i beg to differ ds was ahead by a considerable amount espicially in Japan where DS sales eclipsed Psp almost everyweek. It was more like DS was ahead of PSP a million each update now its ds 5.44 million and psp somewhere in the 3rd million it may seem close but i was including the fact that both are new onsoles and respectively haven't got major fanbases yet.

and GTA for the psp came out around the same time as Mario kart i guess more poeple like mario kart the then GTA

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
superclose, no i beg to differ ds was ahead by a considerable amount espicially in Japan where DS sales eclipsed Psp almost everyweek. It was more like DS was ahead of PSP a million each update now its ds 5.44 million and psp somewhere in the 3rd million it may seem close but i was including the fact that both are new onsoles and respectively haven't got major fanbases yet.

and GTA for the psp came out around the same time as Mario kart i guess more poeple like mario kart the then GTA

Don't be a fanboy.

Nintendo been in handhelds longer and even on the news is that kids everywhere including in Japan are buying the Ds.

Hmmm Ds simple fun more for younger people and still for older...Psp is more for older people(the content) and the fact that its costs an extra 100 dollars...which would you buy your kid a cheap Ds that is more for them or some Psp that the kids will eat....

Gta came out over a month before mario kart..what stupid shit are you on saying oh they like mario kart better than gta...for one who cares and second lets stop to think about this..would you buy your 7 year old Gta or mario Kart...HMMMMMMMMMM LET ME THINK////no shit you will get mario kart and more kids have handhels so thats why Mario Kart selling the Ds like crazy .

I seen the numbers and don't get to excited.,.I bet you seen shit...show me a link with your proof.

I have both systems for starters and I been said I love the Ds way more and have more games but the psp is ok and I hate nintendo fanboys bigger than me flaming other systems.... smile

HigH ScholaR
Don't be a fanboy.

Nintendo been in handhelds longer and even on the news is that kids everywhere including in Japan are buying the Ds.

Hmmm Ds simple fun more for younger people and still for older...Psp is more for older people(the content) and the fact that its costs an extra 100 dollars...which would you buy your kid a cheap Ds that is more for them or some Psp that the kids will eat....

Gta came out over a month before mario kart..what stupid shit are you on saying oh they like mario kart better than gta...for one who cares and second lets stop to think about this..would you buy your 7 year old Gta or mario Kart...HMMMMMMMMMM LET ME THINK////no shit you will get mario kart and more kids have handhels so thats why Mario Kart selling the Ds like crazy .

I seen the numbers and don't get to excited.,.I bet you seen shit...show me a link with your proof.

I have both systems for starters and I been said I love the Ds way more and have more games but the psp is ok and I hate nintendo fanboys bigger than me flaming other systems.... smile

nope not a fanboy just a fan of nintendo and see most of their products better then the rest, and when i see false facts about them or any other console i will post.

Don't have kids so woldn't know although my 9 year old brother plays GTA and is smart enough to know its NOT REAL and can not be done outside but thats my brother, don't know about the people you know.

Never said Mario kart was better than GTA, i was sayingMario kart sold more then GTA.

Oh you are probably right i have not seen shit which is why i'm obviuosly posting roll eyes (sarcastic)

TwisterGameX
I could care less if 5 year olds play gta and know better..the point is you have to be a certain age to buy the system and parents will most likely buy a DS like I said than Psp and Mario kart instead of GTA for a child...

GTA series is garbage to me and rather anything Nintendo throws out but I am tired of Mario 800000 and soccer,ddr,pinball, baseball,basket ball,snow boarding...oh yeah the metriod and link....

I want them to put super smash bros(new one ) on the Ds : (

HigH ScholaR
OK

Don't really ni any 5 yaer olds that have ds's or psp's but anyway

I could care less if 5 year olds play gta and know better..the point is you have to be a certain age to buy the system and parents will most likely buy a DS like I said than Psp and Mario kart instead of GTA for a child...

GTA series is garbage to me and rather anything Nintendo throws out but I am tired of Mario 800000 and soccer,ddr,pinball, baseball,basket ball,snow boarding...oh yeah the metriod and link....

I want them to put super smash bros(new one ) on the Ds : (

yep i prefer Nintendo games then GTA which i try to advoid but nintendo is tiring out the mario name withall this , mario basket ball, football etc even his cameos are getting a bit silly.

but i did hear something about Nintendo thinking about bringing SSB to he ds.

TwisterGameX
^ I hope irt is good and new( I hate remakes damnit) Also Nintendo is milking Mario like they did Sonic.

hotsauce6548
Nintendo either needs to rest Mario for a while, or actually make some quality games with him. erm

I don't mind the Metroid games, because they're usually awesome. I don't mind the Zelda games, because they are awesome. What I do mind, however, are the Mario football/soccer/baseball/basketball/chess/water skiiing games. That's just dumb. no expression

TwisterGameX
Originally posted by hotsauce6548
Nintendo either needs to rest Mario for a while, or actually make some quality games with him. erm

I don't mind the Metroid games, because they're usually awesome. I don't mind the Zelda games, because they are awesome. What I do mind, however, are the Mario football/soccer/baseball/basketball/chess/water skiiing games. That's just dumb. no expression

laughing out loud

you forgot pinball, ddr, mario party 8000000 and other no expression

JKozzy
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
What's HDD?

Hard Disk Drive
Originally posted by powerfulone1987
But the way Twister opened this up was very confusing and I had no idea what was being talked about.

Agreed... extremely unclear.

Arahan

TwisterGameX
^ omg you completely not hear what I said about the parents mind set and kid thing...

I HAVE A DS TOO and I am 19 so thats not what I was saying..and the numbers are wrong..thats not total for one and not updated..watch g4

TwisterGameX
So what does the ds have..Nintendogs ? or mario kart( a remake) Sonic rush does kick ass though

Arahan
oops my bad

powerfulone1987
whoa twister. i never got this vibe from you in other post that you disliked Nintendo or it's games so much.
I may be mistaken but don't you have Mario Kart and like it? At least I thought you posted that somewhere as well as other games like that Jumpstart game or whatever it's called that you made a thread about for the DS.

TwisterGameX
I did make a thread about ds..I even stated above that I love my DS to death and got that first..I have psp and Ds and Ds is my favs..I got Sonic Rush, Jump Super stars, metoes, Naruto(import) Wario ware, Mario 64. I didn't get kart yet. ALso I am a nintendo fanboy by the way and always get nintendo stuff first like I got the game cube first and loved it...I always go with Nintendo first. The only think I like thats only on Sony is Metal gear Solid and God of war( some other stuff to like final fantasy and little stuff). The only thing I like on Microsoft is Halo,Splintercell, and some other crap...

powerfulone1987
Twister, what does this comment mean then that you posted above:

"GTA series is garbage to me and rather anything Nintendo throws out but I am tired of Mario 800000 and soccer,ddr,pinball, baseball,basket ball,snow boarding...oh yeah the metriod and link...."

It looks like you saying that anything Nintendo throws out is garbage also. I may be wrong, but that's how I translated it.

And I would think if they put Super Smash Brothers on the DS, it wouldn't be a whole new thing since they are working on a new one for the Revolution. It would just have tweaks here and there to translate better on the DS but it wouldn't be like the next Super Smash Brothers.

TwisterGameX
i said GTA is garbage to me....but I rather play anything nintendo throws out which is only mario of every kind latly . They don't try anymore and only make OK mario games nothing great..they milk that guy so much. The games like zelda i want are pushed backed every time so eh...well i love Nintendo out of all of them (my fav)

Grinning Goku
Don't hate on Nintendo...

powerfulone1987
ok, i see now.

Red Superfly
It could have also been the last thing Nintendo ever made.

Just because Sony took the concept and ran with it, doesn't mean Nintendo would have done the same. Also, Sony turned it into it's very own console, with a brand new marketing campaign, completely different to Nintendos.

You can't say whether or not Sony/Nintendos partnership could have been successful. It could have been a monumental flop just as easily.

Shadow x 20
I like Mario Kart games but wtf Nintendo? Come out with Mario games that doesn't have anything to do with sports.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.