Vegetarians are hypocrites?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rave X
I used to be a vegetarian, I think for over 5 or 6 years. Though a month or two ago I decided to start eating meat again. Why? Simple. One word: hypocrite.
There is almost in everything something from an animal (cheese, chocolate, whine gums, etc) and I have a leather jacket and leather shoes.
My bf and I had an interesting discussion yesterday. Since I do still want to be a veggie, I asked him what his point of view is on that matter. He said things like "I dont mind eating cow, pig and sheep, they are created by mankind purely for food. Though I do not eat horse meat, a horse is created by mother earth, purely to work for and with us, therefore not to eat. That makes it more that 'a piece of meat'" and "if a chicken from our neighbours walks into our garden, it becomes a 'buddy', and therefore its more than a piece of meat" and he admitted being hypocrite himself, since he does eat everything, so he probably eats horse meat to.
Now my points of discussion:
#1 - Just stop eating meat doesn't make you a vegetarian.
#2 - When are you a 'good' vegetarian? When it feels good for yourself?
#3 - They should make guidelines for vegetarians, so no one can get confused and all veggies know what they can and cant eat without going through trouble searching.
#4 - How far will you go? Where do you draw the line? Is there a line? Why not order a pizza with salami and get the salami off and eat the pizza? Why not wear leather?
These are discussionpoint, that does not mean I agree with them. I'm dying to know what you guys have to say about it.

Eis
Originally posted by Rave X
I used to be a vegetarian, I think for over 5 or 6 years. Though a month or two ago I decided to start eating meat again. Why? Simple. One word: hypocrite.
There is almost in everything something from an animal (cheese, chocolate, whine gums, etc) and I have a leather jacket and leather shoes.
My bf and I had an interesting discussion yesterday. Since I do still want to be a veggie, I asked him what his point of view is on that matter. He said things like "I dont mind eating cow, pig and sheep, they are created by mankind purely for food. Though I do not eat horse meat, a horse is created by mother earth, purely to work for and with us, therefore not to eat. That makes it more that 'a piece of meat'" and "if a chicken from our neighbours walks into our garden, it becomes a 'buddy', and therefore its more than a piece of meat" and he admitted being hypocrite himself, since he does eat everything, so he probably eats horse meat to.
#3 - They should make guidelines for vegetarians, so no one can get confused and all veggies know what they can and cant eat without going through trouble searching.
#4 - How far will you go? Where do you draw the line? Is there a line? Why not order a pizza with salami and get the salami off and eat the pizza? Why not wear leather?
These are discussionpoint, that does not mean I agree with them. I'm dying to know what you guys have to say about it.
I didn't understand a lot from that post but, vegetarians I know don't eat meat because they think it's not good for their health and being a vegetarian means no meat whatsoever.

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. It's a misconception that all vegetarians are such because they care.

-AC

PVS
no, they just do it for attention, so they can bash people who eat meat smile

§P0oONY
"1 - Just stop eating meat doesn't make you a vegetarian."

I'm pretty sure it does...

"2 - When are you a 'good' vegetarian? When it feels good for yourself?"

I didn't know vegetarians we're classed as such.

"3 - They should make guidelines for vegetarians, so no one can get confused and all veggies know what they can and cant eat without going through trouble searching. "

Vegetarian guidelines.... what?.... vegetarians can eat pretty much anything not containing meat... unless they are vegan or similar.

Fire

Euhm I'm assuming you are talking about Milk when you referred to chocolate. I'm not a veggie myself but I think there is a big difference between using the product of an animal; milk, eggs or blood (in some rare cases) and killing the animal for the meat.

My bf and I had an interesting discussion yesterday. Since I do still want to be a veggie, I asked him what his point of view is on that matter. He said things like "I dont mind eating cow, pig and sheep, they are created by mankind purely for food. Though I do not eat horse meat, a horse is created by mother earth, purely to work for and with us, therefore not to eat. That makes it more that 'a piece of meat'"

Again Euhm cow, pig and sheep are created by mother earth just a horse. We breed cows, pigs and sheep for food and other products: milk, wool and so on. But in certain cultures they also breed horses for food.

§P0oONY
A lot of chocolate also contains pig gelatin....I think that might have been what he was referring to Fire.

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
no, they just do it for attention, so they can bash people who eat meat smile
there is that too, my sister always gives me shit for eating meat. stick out tongue

Fire
Well you can still make chocolate with out, so it doesn't need to be in that list.

§P0oONY
That is indeed true.... To be honest he didn't have much of an argument to begin with let alone any evidence or the correct use of English to back it up.

Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't give anyone shit for eating anything personally. It is more unhealthy to eat meat though.

-AC

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I wouldn't give anyone shit for eating anything personally. It is more unhealthy to eat meat though.

-AC

Sort of true... If you don't eat meat your diet lacks protein but if you are a vegetarian that takes protein supplements it is indeed healthier... but I like the taste of meat anyway.

soleran30

Alpha Centauri

§P0oONY
It's not sort of true, it's just true isn't it? As you later went on to confirm.

-AC

No!... because a lot of vegetarians don't take protein supplements....

Alpha Centauri

PVS
most vegitarians just suck. the one out of 1000 who dont preach and bash people who eat meat, good luck and god bless. the rest of you: get over yourselves.

seriously, next time you're enjoying a meat product in front of a vegitarian, and they give you the sermon, make sure to chew slower and make yummy sounds while you chew. also, chew with your mouth open so they can see the mangled flesh. thats the only way to get rid of them smile

debbiejo
I used to be a 100% vegan vegetarian, and eating about 80% of my food uncooked. I felt really good when I was doing that. Got really healthy. Now I'm about 80%. I do eat mostly veggies, though the other 20% I usually eat chicken, fish, or turkey. I still feel pretty good but not as well as I did..I do have to say that I was on a thyroid medication that I know longer need because of this diet. I don't preach it to anyone. I did it for health reasons, besides everyone knows that this kind of diet will keep you looking at least 15 years younger anyway.

Though I've heard people say "If god didn't want us to eat meat, why did he make it taste so good...LOL" laughing out loud

Yummy sounds?.......hahahahahaha

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
most vegitarians just suck. the one out of 1000 who dont preach and bash people who eat meat, good luck and god bless. the rest of you: get over yourselves.

seriously, next time you're enjoying a meat product in front of a vegitarian, and they give you the sermon, make sure to chew slower and make yummy sounds while you chew. also, chew with your mouth open so they can see the mangled flesh. thats the only way to get rid of them smile
That was a huge exageration but I always do yummy noises in front of vegetarians when Im eating meat.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by PVS

Funny that. I know many vegetarians both strict and otherwise. I've never encountered such persecution. So I'm assuming you are exaggerating smile.

Though you know what is funny? People who eat meat and bash vegetarians, that's a good one.

-AC

Bardock42

Ladyluck

#1-Yeah, it pretty much does.
#2-A 'good' vegetarian?
#3-What the hell? Guidelines?
#4-...

Originally posted by PVS

I'm a vegetarian and I can't stand when other vegetarians preach and freak out on people when they eat meat. To me, it's a lifestyle choice and a personal opinion, and if others want to eat meat then hey, go for it. And I don't get all grossed out when people eat meat in front of me. stick out tongue

Back to the original topic of this thread, I'm a vegetarian but certainly not a hypocrite. I don't eat any type of animal, and I don't eat anything with animal byproducts, such as chicken broth or gelatin. I do, however, eat cheese and dairy products. People who give up meat, dairy products, and even honey are considered vegans. It's pretty much the next step up from being a vegetarian. I, personally, could never do that. I also don't buy anything that's leather, suede, or fur. That's just cruel and unneccessary(sp?).

Rave X
Originally posted by Eis
I didn't understand a lot from that post but, vegetarians I know don't eat meat because they think it's not good for their health and being a vegetarian means no meat whatsoever.

What didn't you understand? I'm not talking about veggie's who dont eat meat because its unhealthy.

And I also dont mean that kinda veggie's. I mean the kinda veggie's who believe in animal rights.

Veggie's arent classed, thats why the ' '

Nop. Cows, pigs and sheep's are bred by humans, just as some dog and cat razes. Other dog and cat razes already existed, just as horses.

Yes, I was referring to gelatin

No, I didn't have an argument, I wanted opinions on it. Where the hell do I need evidence for? And yes, I do have problems pointing out everything (let alone correctly) in English since my native language is Dutch. I assumed that would not mind a great deal.
And, for the record, I'm a woman, not a man.

Ushgarak
Hypocrisy is hypocrisy and should always be called out on.

But one of mjy best friends is a vegetarian for real- and that includes what he wears and what products he uses. And whilst he clearly has stronmg moral objections to the use of animals for eating, he never pushes his beliefs on anyone.

So hypocrisy is nothing to do with being a vegetarian. It is simply that a lot of Humans are hypocritical, and hence a lot of vegetarians are, just as a lot of meat eaters are.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Ushgarak
But one of my best friends is a vegetarian for real- and that includes what he wears and what products he uses.

How K.D. Lang of him.

Rave X
Originally posted by Ladyluck

youre the type vegetarian I was referring to.

debbiejo
Many vegetarian are not healthy. They won't eat meat, but load up on the junk. A true vegetarian eats veggies. As far a protein, you can get that from beans and rice mix together for a full protein. Taking B-12 supps. with give you that vitamin since you can't get that from veggies...AND I've read much on the health benefits including curing many diseases, even cancers

www.drday.com
www.hacres.com

Though these are christian websites, it does give info on how these people and others cured disease and cancer.

Ushgarak
He's actually a bit of a back-to-basics guy; he has no love for the modern world, he'd just like to live out on a farm somewhere being self-sufficient.

What he doesn't know about plants isn't worth knowing, for sure.

He's also the healthiest guy I know and it's not from supplements. He's pretty trim.

PVS
Funny that. I know many vegetarians both strict and otherwise. I've never encountered such persecution. So I'm assuming you are exaggerating smile.

Though you know what is funny? People who eat meat and bash vegetarians, that's a good one.

-AC

dude, i've encountered it too many times.
but i will submit to this: most ambassadors to to such a 'cause' are just that, and their whiney judgmental words are spoken far louder than someone who just says "no thanks, im a vegetarian". but with that aside, i make no exageration.

so i must stress then, i refer to vegetarians who treat something as trivial as a choice of diet as a kind of crusade against the evil animal killers.

Ladyluck
youre the type vegetarian I was referring to.

Ok..

Bardock42
Nop. Cows, pigs and sheep's are bred by humans, just as some dog and cat razes. Other dog and cat razes already existed, just as horses.

What? Cows are just like any other animals, the only difference might be that humans decided to cage them and eat them...now I am perfevctly fine with that...but denying them the same status as horses or dogs is just stupid. Cows are NOT manmade..they evolved like any other animal.....they were used for farm work and food for many years now and they might have been changed to fit our needs but they are not any different from horses..just that for some reason humans decided that they prefer eating cow to eating horse (probably horses were to useful)

Ok..

I think she just called you a hypocrit.....

PVS
I'm a vegetarian and I can't stand when other vegetarians preach and freak out on people when they eat meat. To me, it's a lifestyle choice and a personal opinion, and if others want to eat meat then hey, go for it. And I don't get all grossed out when people eat meat in front of me. stick out tongue

so in other words unless someone offers you food with meat, or studies whats on your plate, they would never know you are a vegetarian. as it should be smile

Ladyluck
Originally posted by PVS
so in other words unless someone offers you food with meat, or studies whats on your plate, they would never know you are a vegetarian. as it should be smile

Yeah, probably. stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by debbiejo
Many vegetarian are not healthy. They won't eat meat, but load up on the junk. A true vegetarian eats veggies. As far a protein, you can get that from beans and rice mix together for a full protein. Taking B-12 supps. with give you that vitamin since you can't get that from veggies...AND I've read much on the health benefits including curing many diseases, even cancers

www.drday.com
www.hacres.com

Though these are christian websites, it does give info on how these people and others cured disease and cancer.

So you actually have to take manmade pills....I don't get it..why not eat the meat..it's much more natural......humans ate meat for thousands of years...

Ushgarak
Natural doesn't mean right; vegetarianism is normally a moral stance, not a natural one (though there are many who argue on natural grounds also).

But yeah, the moral part is the important bit, so what man did for thousands of years is neither here nor there.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Bardock42
So you actually have to take manmade pills....I don't get it..why not eat the meat..it's much more natural......humans ate meat for thousands of years...

I don't take pills or any vitamins or anything. I know what to eat to get the protein I need from not eating meat. There are so many replacements for meat that give the same nutrients and such. As long as you eat right, you'll be fine without having to take any vitamins or anything.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Natural doesn't mean right; vegetarianism is normally a moral stance, not a natural one (though there are many who argue on natural grounds also).

But yeah, the moral part is the important bit, so what man did for thousands of years is neither here nor there.
Oh I am not argueing the moral standpoint now..I can agree if someone thinks eating animals is wrong then they shouldn't...I am talking aboot health now...that's whatn I mean twith natural....who am I to judge what is right or wrong...

debbiejo
So you actually have to take manmade pills....I don't get it..why not eat the meat..it's much more natural......humans ate meat for thousands of years... That's why I'm 80% vegetarian now....It's only B-12 anyway, not the protein.

Bardock42
I don't take pills or any vitamins or anything. I know what to eat to get the protein I need from not eating meat. There are so many replacements for meat that give the same nutrients and such. As long as you eat right, you'll be fine without having to take any vitamins or anything.

And for what reason is it healthier...are theere actually scientific studies why animal meat is worse for your health...I don't get it...

Ladyluck
That's why I'm 80% vegetarian now....It's only B-12 anyway, not the protein.
You can't be 80% vegetarian. You either are, or you aren't. It's as simple as that.

Eis
And that makes it right?

Bardock42
You can't be 80% vegetarian. You either are, or you aren't. It's as simple as that.

It's debbie...she won't understand.....no

BobbyD
Not all....some are very true to thier religion.

Those that are vegetarians that wear furs are the hyprocrites.

debbiejo
And for what reason is it healthier...are theere actually scientific studies why animal meat is worse for your health...I don't get it... Yes, there are many studies.

PVS
It's debbie...she won't understand.....no

laughing

debbiejo
In my world 80% counts..... cool

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
And that makes it right?

Makes what right? Eating meat? No that doesn't make it "right" and it doesn't make it "wrong". I said I don't judge this issue from the moral standpoint...I just know I like to eat meat and it doesn't seem to create to many problems so i eat it....if you don't that is fine with me.

Eis
Makes what right? Eating meat? No that doesn't make it "right" and it doesn't make it "wrong". I said I don't judge this issue from the moral standpoint...I just know I like to eat meat and it doesn't seem to create to many problems so i eat it....if you don't that is fine with me.
I didn't mean 'right' in that way.
I meant like 'who cares people have been eating meat for millions of years? It doesn't make it any healthier.'
And that's why they take manmade pills and no meat.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I didn't mean 'right' in that way.
I meant like 'who cares people have been eating meat for millions of years? It doesn't make it any healthier.'
And that's why they take manmade pills and no meat.

Well actually I b3elieve that more than 5000 years of eating meat shows that it has more advantages than disadvantages....

Eis
Well actually I b3elieve that more than 5000 years of eating meat shows that it has more advantages than disadvantages....
How do you figure that? We can't compare it to 5000 years of not eating meat, can we?

Ladyluck
And for what reason is it healthier...are theere actually scientific studies why animal meat is worse for your health...I don't get it...

*dies*

Yes, there are.

-Meat, which is full of fat and cholesteral, causes heart disease.
-The American Heart Association gave patients with clogged arteries a vegan diet and they had an 8% improvement on their arteries. It actually unclogged them.
-98% of packaged chicken had levels of E.coli which indicated fecal comtamination. (eww)
-There are more than 50 million cases of meat-related foodborne illness each year in the U.S. Dangerous chemicals and bacteria just sit in their flesh.
-Mad-cow disease.

erm

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
How do you figure that? We can't compare it to 5000 years of not eating meat, can we?

I figure that because not eating meat was always an option, and it didn't do that well, now did it?

debbiejo
Well actually I b3elieve that more than 5000 years of eating meat shows that it has more advantages than disadvantages.... Actually our digestive tract is similar to herbivores then carnivores, most of our teeth also.

If we were eating meat for 5000 plus years, and it's so natural, why do we have to cook meat and season it?...WE SHOULD EAT IT RAW, if it's natural

Rave X
Okay, before everybody thinks I'm stupid and short minded, I'll get back to my first post. Apparently I wasnt making any sense whatsoever, and rereading it again I saw I could have left a lot out.
-Where lies the line in being Vegetarian?
Dont wear leather? Dont eat stuff like gelatin? Dont buy make up which is tested on animals? I've heard some were that the animal-proof-free makeup is not completely animal-proof-free. You can go very far in being veggie without being a vegan.
-And yes, a guideline is complete rubbish, as I said, typing them didn't mean I agreed with them.

I'm referring to the moral part, not the health part.

And I haven't called anyone a hypocrite at all. I found myself a hypocrite because I was wearing leather and didn't know for a long time about gelatin.

Ladyluck
Actually our digestive tract is similar to herbivores then carnivores, most of our teeth also.

If we were eating meat for 5000 plus years, and it's so natural, why do we have to cook meat and season it?...WE SHOULD EAT IT RAW, if it's natural

The part about the teeth could be debated. We have teeth like that of an omnivore. Animals who eat both vegetables and meat. erm

And a lot of people do eat their steaks blue rare. ( sick )

Eis
I figure that because not eating meat was always an option, and it didn't do that well, now did it?
Not eating meat was always an option, but we never took it cause meat is good not because it was healthy.
So while people like it and eat it a lot we might be better off without it... then again we might not.

Alpha Centauri
Actually our digestive tract is similar to herbivores then carnivores, most of our teeth also.

Quite a good point there if anyone bothers to pick it out.

-AC

Bardock42

If we were eating meat for 5000 plus years, and it's so natural, why do we have to cook meat and season it?...WE SHOULD EAT IT RAW, if it's natural Well alright, so it is not as healthy, maybe even dangerous. But again the disadvantages seem not to be as big since most people still prefer eating meat.

debbiejo
The part about the teeth could be debated. We have teeth like that of an omnivore. Animals who eat both vegetables and meat. erm

And a lot of people do eat their steaks blue rare. ( sick ) That's why I said "most" of our teeth.

Ladyluck
That's why I said "most" of our teeth.

Yes, most of our teeth are like that of a herbivore, and the rest are like that of a carnivore, thus making us omnivores.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Not eating meat was always an option, but we never took it cause meat is good not because it was healthy.
So while people like it and eat it a lot we might be better off without it... then again we might not.

But that'S what I mean, I include the taste to the advantages...I am pretty sure I wasn't better off if I didn't eat meat that's why I eat meat...and I think that is the reason why billions of people for the last thousands of years did eat meat....

debbiejo
Well alright, so it is not as healthy, maybe even dangerous. But again the disadvantages seem not to be as big since most people still prefer eating meat. Though vegetarians live at least 15-years or longer than high meat eaters........Hey, more of life left for me!! big grin

And you eat meat because of your programming by the media to do so...Long ago people didn't eat that much meat.

Bardock42
Though vegetarians live at least 15-years or longer than high meat eaters........Hey, more of life left for me!! big grin

And you eat meat because of your programming by the media to do so...Long ago people didn't eat that much meat.

Now that figure has to be taken out of your ass...there cannot be studies to proof that point.

Rave X
Guys, again, I wasnt referring to the health part...

Ladyluck
But that'S what I mean, I include the taste to the advantages...I am pretty sure I wasn't better off if I didn't eat meat that's why I eat meat...and I think that is the reason why billions of people for the last thousands of years did eat meat....

I never really found meat all that appealing taste-wise. erm

debbiejo
Now that figure has to be taken out of your ass...there cannot be studies to proof that point. Sure there are studies, I've read them...do your own search. Start with the American Heart Institute.

Eis
Do you really know you're better off with meat? No, you don't.
That's all I'm trying to prove here.

Bardock42
Sure there are studies, I've read them...do your own search. Start with the American Heart Institute.

Again I say Bullshit...those studies cannot be representative.

And if I didn't I wouldn't eat it...so we both do what we prefer.

Ladyluck
Sure there are studies, I've read them...do your own search. Start with the American Heart Institute.

American Heart Association. wink

debbiejo
2. True or false: Vegetarians live longer than meat eaters.

Answer: True. Several studies show that vegetarians have longer life-spans than their meat-eating counterparts. One 20-year study, conducted by Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, Calif., found that vegetarians live, on average, a full 10 to 15 years longer than meat eaters.

Ladyluck
It's true that vegetarians have a slightly longer life span than that of people who eat meat, but certainly not 15 years in most cases.

Eis
I do, I love meat. And like Bardock if I didn't I wouldn't eat it either.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Do you really know you're better off with meat? No, you don't.
That's all I'm trying to prove here.

I don't 100% know of course. But I didn't eat meat for a month just to try it and I diodn't like it...I love the taste of meat...I love the ability to eat whatever is offered, I hate sellerie (well not really an arguement I jsut figured I'd tell you). So I am pretty sure I am better off with meat, I might be wrong in the end, when I am missing the 15 years but hey...so might be vegetarians...I do qhat I think is the best for me...so do all other people, that's why I don't force anyone.

Ladyluck
*dies*

Yes, there are.

-Meat, which is full of fat and cholesteral, causes heart disease.
-The American Heart Association gave patients with clogged arteries a vegan diet and they had an 8% improvement on their arteries. It actually unclogged them.
-98% of packaged chicken had levels of E.coli which indicated fecal comtamination. (eww)
-There are more than 50 million cases of meat-related foodborne illness each year in the U.S. Dangerous chemicals and bacteria just sit in their flesh.
-Mad-cow disease.

erm

Way to ignore me. disgust

soleran30
I think the antelopes and zebras in africa might disagree with that number roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rave X
*back to topic

I am correct about cows are 'manmade', but that is another thing that is rather irrelevant in this discussion. And I do not think a cow is less then a horse or something.

Ladyluck
*back to topic

I am correct about cows are 'manmade', but that is another thing that is rather irrelevant in this discussion. And I do not think a cow is less then a horse or something.

They aren't neccessarily 'manmade', but they have been domesticated, same situation as sheep, horses, pigs, cats, and dogs.

Bardock42
2. True or false: Vegetarians live longer than meat eaters.

Answer: True. Several studies show that vegetarians have longer life-spans than their meat-eating counterparts. One 20-year study, conducted by Loma Linda University in Loma Linda, Calif., found that vegetarians live, on average, a full 10 to 15 years longer than meat eaters.

There is no way to make it representatived.

Is it only the meat?
I mean maybe vegetarians have a different way of live. Maybe they do more sports, maybe people thatare vegetarians do other things.
And a 20 year study? How can that show that people live 15 years longer? YOu have to seee the bullshit in that. Let's talk aboot it again in 80 years when the study might show something (oh wait I probably won't live then anymore)

Bardock42
Way to ignore me. disgust

No, I didn't ignore you. You don't really think that anything debbie says could change my mind. I agreed with meat eating being more dangerous because of your post.

debbiejo
Well, I do believe animals are here for a reason also. I wear moose skin boots, sheep liner and such. I don't consider myself a hypocrite...I'm not the type, to not let my food touch something else, and freak out, even when I was 100% vegetarian like some do....Making a stickin deal out of it......."OH my god! my beans touched that meat ball".

And there are many many studies...I wouldn't of changed my diet if I didn't research it....I only posted a quick Loma Linda bit of info.

Eis
I don't 100% know of course. But I didn't eat meat for a month just to try it and I diodn't like it...I love the taste of meat...I love the ability to eat whatever is offered, I hate sellerie (well not really an arguement I jsut figured I'd tell you). So I am pretty sure I am better off with meat, I might be wrong in the end, when I am missing the 15 years but hey...so might be vegetarians...I do qhat I think is the best for me...so do all other people, that's why I don't force anyone.
If you're a meat eater and you dont eat meat for a month you're obviously not going to 'like' it. If you're a smoker and you don't smoke for a month you're not going to 'like' it either, but at the end of the road it is better for you to not smoke.
So you can't be 'pretty sure' that you're better off with meat, unless of course you've read studies which say eating meat is good.

Ladyluck
No, I didn't ignore you. You don't really think that anything debbie says could change my mind. I agreed with meat eating being more dangerous because of your post.

happy

Ladyluck
Well, I do believe animals are here for a reason also. I wear moose skin boots, sheep liner and such. I don't consider myself a hypocrite...I'm not the type, to not let my food touch something else, and freak out, even when I was 100% vegetarian like some do....Making a stickin deal out of it......."OH my god! my beans touched that meat ball".

And there are many many studies...I wouldn't of changed my diet if I didn't research it....I only posted a quick Loma Linda bit of info.
One question, do you eat gravy?

soleran30
eating meat is good for yousmile...........now play semantics and define what good means to you.

debbiejo
One question, do you eat gravy? Yes, not made with animal products. More it's spices, with no msg kinda stuff.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by soleran30
eating meat is good for yousmile

No, not really.

OB1-adobe
This is my view on Vegetarians, and yes I love meat, LOVE IT!!!!
I had Bacon and Eggs this morning, yesterday I had Bacon, eggs, and Pancakes. I love Pancakes.

I know a girl who is a vegetarian, and a serious environmentalist.

She smokes like a goddamn chimney, and throws her butts on the ground.

You can eat all the lima beans egg plant you want, but its not gonna stop you from having yellow walls in your house, teeth turning black and falling out, and your lungs being loaded with tar.

Ladyluck
Yes, not made with animal products. More it's spices, with no msg kinda stuff.

no expression

You are not a vegetarian. Gravy comes directly from the juices when beef is cooked.

Ladyluck
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
This is my view on Vegetarians, and yes I love meat, LOVE IT!!!!
I had Bacon and Eggs this morning, yesterday I had Bacon, eggs, and Pancakes. I love Pancakes.

I know a girl who is a vegetarian, and a serious environmentalist.

She smokes like a goddamn chimney, and throws her butts on the ground.

You can eat all the lima beans egg plant you want, but its not gonna stop you from having yellow walls in your house, teeth turning black and falling out, and your lungs being loaded with tar.

Good for you.

Eis
no expression

You are not a vegetarian. Gravy comes directly from the juices when beef is cooked.
Didn't she say she was 80% veggie? dontgetit

debbiejo
no expression

You are not a vegetarian. Gravy comes directly from the juices when beef is cooked. I make my own gravey...I don't cook beef. The only time I really eat chicken or shrimp is when I get a salad when I go out.

PVS
Originally posted by Eis
If you're a meat eater and you dont eat meat for a month you're obviously not going to 'like' it. If you're a smoker and you don't smoke for a month you're not going to 'like' it either, but at the end of the road it is better for you to not smoke.
So you can't be 'pretty sure' that you're better off with meat, unless of course you've read studies which say eating meat is good.

nicotine is incredibly addictive. meat is not. so whats the connection? none.

i went a full year eating no meat besides fish (no way im giving up seafood) and didnt feel any more or less healthy. i would dare say i had less energy, but it could have been circumstantial so ill just drop that.

anyway, most people who go so far to control their diets, and even take suppliments, also take better care of themselves. they will usually lay off the booze/fastfood/overall crap and choose to exercise. and just lead a lifestyle which leads to them being healthy/thin/fit etc. you cant give credit to their diet for that, unless you are simply considering lack of bad diet (junkfood)

soleran30
No, not really.

yes yes it issmile

Ladyluck
I make my own gravey...I don't cook beef. The only time I really eat chicken or shrimp is when I get a salad when I go out.

So you eat chicken and shrimp? You aren't a vegetarian! You can't be '80% vegetarian'. You either are or you aren't, and you are not! You cannot consider yourself a vegetarian of you still eat animals, even if it's only sometimes. Would you consider yourself an environmentalist if you smoked and littered?

debbiejo
So you eat chicken and shrimp? You aren't a vegetarian! You can't be '80% vegetarian'. You either are or you aren't, and you are not! You cannot consider yourself a vegetarian of you still eat animals, even if it's only sometimes. Would you consider yourself an environmentalist if you smoked and littered? I said 80%, yes and it still counts in my world...I said that already. eek!

Ladyluck
I said 80%, yes and it still counts in my world...I said that already. eek!

Well your world is f*cking retarded.

debbiejo
Well your world is f*cking retarded. No it's not. It works for me.

soleran30
So you eat chicken and shrimp? You aren't a vegetarian! You can't be '80% vegetarian'. You either are or you aren't, and you are not! You cannot consider yourself a vegetarian of you still eat animals, even if it's only sometimes. Would you consider yourself an environmentalist if you smoked and littered?

yes I would............

Ladyluck
No it's not. It works for me.
Well if it works for you, great. Just stop calling yourself a damn vegetarian, because you aren't one.

yes I would............

You're an idiot.

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
nicotine is incredibly addictive. meat is not. so whats the connection? none.

i went a full year eating no meat besides fish (no way im giving up seafood) and didnt feel any more or less healthy. i would dare say i had less energy, but it could have been circumstantial so ill just drop that.

anyway, most people who go so far to control their diets, and even take suppliments, also take better care of themselves. they will usually lay off the booze/fastfood/overall crap and choose to exercise. and just lead a lifestyle which leads to them being healthy/thin/fit etc. you cant give credit to their diet for that, unless you are simply considering lack of bad diet (junkfood)
The connection is, if you're used to an eating habit and you suddenly dramatically change it, it's going to be hard to adapt to the new eating system.
My mom's a veggie and she has a lot of friggin energy, believe me. So yes, drop that.

And most of the female members of my family are veggies, none of them stopped drinking booze and none of them excercise they eat same things we do the only difference is they don't eat meat.
They're usually healthier than us and get sick less often.

Eis
Well your world is f*cking retarded.
Dude, chill. stick out tongue

soleran30
Well if it works for you, great. Just stop calling yourself a damn vegetarian, because you aren't one.

You're an idiot.

priceless...........

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Eis
Dude, chill. stick out tongue

Sorry. I feel very strongly about this and can't... ahh... sorry. bag

PVS
Originally posted by Eis
The connection is, if you're used to an eating habit and you suddenly dramatically change it, it's going to be hard to adapt to the new eating system.
My mom's a veggie and she has a lot of friggin energy, believe me. So yes, drop that.

And most of the female members of my family are veggies, none of them stopped drinking booze and none of them excercise they eat same things we do the only difference is they don't eat meat.
They're usually healthier than us and get sick less often.

you missed the entire point of the post just so you could say "drop that" based on nothing but one or two people who happen to be vegetarians and feel like they have more energy. congratulations roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
Sorry. I feel very strongly about this and can't... ahh... sorry. bag My God! Grab ahold of yourself woman..

Ladyluck
Ok.. I'm calm now. I'm going to the mall.. Later.

PVS
debbiejo you have such a way with people laughing out loud

stick out tongue

debbiejo
But I'm not a hypocrite..... angel

Eis
Originally posted by PVS
you missed the entire point of the post just so you could say "drop that" based on nothing but one or two people who happen to be vegetarians and feel like they have more energy. congratulations roll eyes (sarcastic)
There are other points in the post and you know it. You just felt the need to ridiculize me and make me look like a desperate child who needs to say "Drop that" so that he can feel better about himself.

Now you can roll your eyes and congratulate me or you can adress to the other points of my post.

Ladyluck
But I'm not a hypocrite..... angel
disgust

Eis
Sorry. I feel very strongly about this and can't... ahh... sorry. bag
know what you mean, trust me stick out tongue

Eis
Anyway it's 3:30 am here, so PVS you could say it's past my bed time.
I'm off...

PVS
Originally posted by Eis
There are other points in the post and you know it. You just felt the need to ridiculize me and make me look like a desperate child who needs to say "Drop that" so that he can feel better about himself.

Now you can roll your eyes and congratulate me or you can adress to the other points of my post.

because, its quite hypocritical to declare that what i said is not fact- when i clearly said its circumstantial but even more important, based on an individual and not a general rule for all humanity: meat=baaaaaaaaad or meat=goooood.

you imply that i made my own case to be absolute, which would clearly be ridiculously and obnoxiously oversightful of me...but then you go on to do that very thing. so because a couple of family members changed their diets and happen to feel more energy as of late, then not only are those 2 factors directly connected, but such is the proper formula for all mankind.

well, i guess my experience doesnt count, since about once a week or two weeks i would have a meal consiting of fish. so i guess i wasnt a REAL vegetarian and just cancelled it all out by taking a couple of hours out of the constant digestive time of my stomachs life and filled it with some seafood.

and here it comes: roll eyes (sarcastic)

Inspectah Deck
Who in their right mind with want to be a vegetarian?

Ladyluck
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck

Me.

debbiejo
laughing out loud Dare I say me?

soleran30

i think you nailed it perfectly............"right" mindsmile

Pandemoniac
I base my diet on our physics. We have teeth, intestines and a metabolism that all prove that our bodies are made to eat meat besides vegetables. Actually, we are best suited to eat the vegetables that have had their amount of digestion already in other animals, which requires eating that animal whole to get the best of it all.
I just love meat, a meal without it is just a snack. When I'm in a restaurant and I see a animal I haven't eaten yet on the menu, I order that.

Rave X

Me

debbiejo
Originally posted by Pandemoniac
I base my diet on our physics. We have teeth, intestines and a metabolism that all prove that our bodies are made to eat meat besides vegetables. Actually, we are best suited to eat the vegetables that have had their amount of digestion already in other animals, which requires eating that animal whole to get the best of it all.
I just love meat, a meal without it is just a snack. When I'm in a restaurant and I see a animal I haven't eaten yet on the menu, I order that. Our digestive system is that of a herbivore. It's long, just like theirs, not short like those of a lion, for example. When you have rotting meat in a long digestive tract, it produces toxins when it rots, just like if you leave rotting meat on the counter...Proved fact it is.

soleran30
We have a hard time digesting vegetables as well hence fiber goes undigested and passes through the digestive tract, our digestive system is more like omnivore not herbivoresmile

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis

What?, to live a long life without meat seems a less good choice than a short life with the pleasure of eating meat. That is all I am saying.

PVS
Our digestive system is that of a herbivore. It's long, just like theirs, not short like those of a lion, for example. When you have rotting meat in a long digestive tract, it produces toxins when it rots, just like if you leave rotting meat on the counter...Proved fact it is.

everything produces toxins when rotting in your gut.
its called 'shit' and its not supposed to be fresh and flowery.

...here comes feceman

debbiejo
We have a hard time digesting vegetables as well hence fiber goes undigested and passes through the digestive tract, our digestive system is more like omnivore not herbivoresmile I don't care if you eat or like meat smile , and for the fiber, we need that. You don't get that at all with meat, infact it is the cause of many problems with the sludge it creates which leads to many colon cancers.

Pandemoniac
Our digestive system is that of a herbivore. It's long, just like theirs, not short like those of a lion, for example. When you have rotting meat in a long digestive tract, it produces toxins when it rots, just like if you leave rotting meat on the counter...Proved fact it is.

As I said, meat is a supplement, not the whole shebang. That still emplies we are build to eat it as part of our diet.
And I have eaten raw or just midly cooked meat and fish on ceveral occasions, and my guts are in tiptop order

debbiejo
Ewwww..Parasites.

Bardock42
Is there anyone else who just can't take anything debbiejo (or Whirlysplat for that matter) says serious or in any way as true?

debbiejo
no

Pandemoniac
Well, to conclude my taste; I'd rather die at the age of 60 instead of living 100 years without knowing how good food can really taste

soleran30
I don't care if you eat or like meat smile , and for the fiber, we need that. You don't get that at all with meat, infact it is the cause of many problems with the sludge it creates which leads to many colon cancers.

I like meat.........and the colon cancer piece can be said for anything that you digest at the end of the daysmile Hey whatever works for you though I think vegetarian is probably healthier but who cares if you don't enjoy itsmile

debbiejo
I like meat.........and the colon cancer piece can be said for anything that you digest at the end of the daysmile Hey whatever works for you though I think vegetarian is probably healthier but who cares if you don't enjoy itsmile Hey my panties aren't in a bunch eek!

I've just researched this topic extensively.

Alpha Centauri
Eating meat isn't so unhealthy that doing it normally is going to kill you. It just doesn't help. Vegetarianism is healthier, factually though.

I have no problem either way.

-AC

soleran30
Hey my panties aren't in a bunch eek!

I've just researched this topic extensively.

why did you bring panties into this Happy Dance

I am sure you have

debbiejo
Am I going off topic again????? Oh no... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Pandemoniac
Hmm, think I'll go and toss some pieces of cow in the pan, this conversation is getting me hungry

PVS
Eating meat isn't so unhealthy that doing it normally is going to kill you. It just doesn't help. Vegetarianism is healthier, factually though.

I have no problem either way.

-AC

nothing pertaining to health is 'factual' AC. you should know this.
studies may strongly support the case, but its never fact.

debbiejo
Numbers don't lie. big grin

soleran30
Numbers don't lie. big grin

your right but the people that represent them dosmile

PVS
your right but the people that represent them dosmile

what you mean to say is

"figures dont lie,
but liars figure"

i dont think there is any lying in health science,
but surely much inaccuracy, as they prove time and time
again.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
what you mean to say is

"figures dont lie,
but liars figure"

i dont think there is any lying in health science,
but surely much inaccuracy, as they prove time and time
again.

Yeah, like a 20 years study proving that vegetarians live 15 years longer. At least they had the decency to put the figure below the duration of the study roll eyes (sarcastic)

debbiejo
The American Dietetic Association officially states, "It is the position of the American Dietetic Association and Dietitians of Canada that appropriately planned vegetarian diets are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases." There is a considerable body of scientific data that suggests positive relationships between vegetarian diets and risk reduction for several chronic degenerative diseases and conditions, including obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and some forms of cancer. Because of this, vegetarians tend to live years longer than their meat-eating friends.

There are lots of studies, but as I said I'm only 80%.

PVS
well lets take into consideration how many times such organisations reverse such announcements. constantly.

remember when high fiber was said to have been 'proven' to greatly reduce the risk of colon cancer? now they say "erm...forget that..."

just one of many examples

debbiejo
When you look at the diets of different countries you can see the numbers greatly are in the advantage of a vegetarian diet.

Countries that are more plant based compared to meat based.
The disease in plant diets are lower.
http://veggie.org/veggie/famous.veg.athletes.shtml

famous veggie athletes....they must know something.

debbiejo
http://www.alphaomegafood.com/vegetarian_athletes.htm

This is a good one.. cool

Abele
Winner of eight national championships in karate

Surya Bonaly
Olympic figure skating champion

Peter Burwash
Davis Cup winner and professional tennis star

Andreas Cahling
Swedish champion bodybuilder, Olympic gold medallist in the ski jump

Chris Campbell
Olympic wrestling champion

Nicky Cole
First woman to walk to the North Pole

Ruth Heidrich
Six-time Ironwoman, USA track and field Master's champion

Keith Holmes
World-champion middleweight boxer

Desmond Howard
Professional football star, Heisman trophy winner

Peter Hussing
European super heavy-weight boxing champion

Debbie Lawrence
World record holder, women's 5K racewalk

Sixto Linares
World record holder, 24-hour triathlon

Cheryl Marek and Estelle Gray
World record holders, cross-country tandem cycling

Ingra Manecki
World champion discus thrower

Bill Manetti
Power-lifting champion

Ben Matthews
U.S. Master's marathon champion

Dan Millman
World champion gymnast

Martina Navratilova
Champion tennis player

Paavo Nurmi
Long-distance runner, winner of nine Olympic medals and 20 world records

Bill Pearl
Four-time Mr. Universe

Bill Pickering
World record-holding swimmer

Stan Price
World weightlifting record holder, bench press

Murray Rose
Swimmer, winner of many Olympic gold medals and world records

Dave Scott
Six-time winner of the Ironman triathlon

Art Still
Buffalo Bills and Kansas City Chiefs MVP defensive end, Kansas City Chiefs Hall of Fame

Jane Wetzel
U.S. National marathon champion

Charlene Wong Williams
Olympic champion figure skater

Bardock42
And what aboot the thousands of professional athletes that are not vegetarians?

manjaro
i say **** vegetarians...or more opertaively vegans.. i hate those bastards, especially the hollywood types. these **** ers go crazy when they here of ppl eating meat, drinking milk and wearing fur... and they go on about how its all about being healthy but they run around town in thier fancy leather shoes, and thier designer clothes with wool in it and stick needles in thier ****ing arms and have a revolving door poilcy with rehab clinics.

besides scientists say that its the protein in meat, that allowed early humans brain to develop so that they could make the transition from neandethal to cro magnon, plus ppl choosing to be vegetarians doesnt mean that animals wont be slaughtereed, it just means that the package of meat will stay in the supermanrket until somebody buys it....so there.....you **** ers!!! MORE PORK, AND INCREASED RISK OF HEART FAILURE FOR ME!!!!! YAY!!

BackFire
I think the ones who think they're morally superior to those who eat meat are full of huge amounts of shit and ARE hypocrits and blatantly idiotic. The one's who do it purely for health reasons I have nothing against.

Funny article about it - http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire
I think the ones who think they're morally superior to those who eat meat are full of huge amounts of shit and ARE hypocrits and blatantly idiotic. The one's who do it purely for health reasons I have nothing against.

Funny article about it - http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=grill

Maddox is too awesome...sadly he doesn't update anymore..but oh well.

The guy on the left/url] am I by the way. sad

Red Superfly
People choose to eat whatever they want to eat.

Ha, my super vege friend started eating kebabs at the works do when he was pissed. We were just stood there going "What are you doing?!" and he was saying: "I just love the taste of meat too much".

Excellent.

Rave X
Originally posted by BackFire
I think the ones who think they're morally superior to those who eat meat are full of huge amounts of shit and ARE hypocrits and blatantly idiotic.

Absolutely. But a lot veggies are not like that

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>