Rowling Preparing for Final Harry Potter Book

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ones
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=12511 :

"Harry Potter" author J.K. Rowling has updated her official website with a note saying that she's getting ready to write the seventh and final book in the popular series.

"For 2006 will be the year when I write the final book in the Harry Potter series," she says. "I contemplate the task with mingled feelings of excitement and dread, because I can't wait to get started, to tell the final part of the story and, at last, to answer all the questions (will I ever answer all of the questions? Let's aim for most of the questions); and yet it will all be over at last and I can't quite imagine life without Harry."

Rowling adds that she's been working hard on preparing for the big project.

"I have been fine-tuning the fine-tuned plan of seven during the past few weeks so that I can really set to work in January. Reading through the plan is like contemplating the map of an unknown country in which I will soon find myself. Sometimes, even at this stage, you can see trouble looming; nearly all of the six published books have had Chapters of Doom. The quintessential, never, I hope, to be beaten Chapter That Nearly Broke My Will To Go On was chapter nine, 'Goblet of Fire' (appropriately enough, 'The Dark Mark'.)"

hotsauce6548
Uh oh...

That doesn't sound too promising... for Harry. sad

DenKi
why doesnt she carry on, its stupid her just stopping at 7, she should go on for 10 then stop, not just end it randomly at 7

hotsauce6548
Originally posted by DenKi
why doesnt she carry on, its stupid her just stopping at 7, she should go on for 10 then stop, not just end it randomly at 7

How is it random?

Seven years at Hogwarts, not to mention the fact that seven is about the most magical number.

vaya_the_elf
Well I wonder when it might come out. Thats what I really want to know.

Prince Nauj
because shes an author and she plans to write other novels *duh!!

Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Well I wonder when it might come out. Thats what I really want to know.
I guess 2007 or 2008

The Ones
July 7th 2007

Emily_depp
I have a very bad feeling that harry will die as well as voldamort sad confused

I really hope not as i might crawl in a hole and die (which u lot would not care about)

Barker
It seems more random of her to end it at 10, seeing as there is a sh!tload of Sevens for her to work with..

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Emily_depp

I really hope not as i might crawl in a hole and die (which u lot would not care about)
if you do that, you have no life darling

div
As much as i don't like this thought J.K might have set herself up for a fall because theres so much left to do in just one last book it's either goin to be really gd or really bad..

Hopin for really good though , obviously..

Jade Chihuahua

Im pretty sure that's gonna happen.....not the hole-crawling death part, but about Harry dying......
Either way Im looking forward to the next book

Emily_depp
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
if you do that, you have no life darling

figure of speech ...darling wink

Prince Nauj
figure of speech ...darling wink
ok darling big grin

sammii
its sensible to stop at 7 the hogwarts school year ends and the pilarva cant carry on it,d get boaring and jk would run out of ideas .....though i am sad there going to end xxx

Unicor777
she has to stop at seven and most of us will always ask for more, even if it 10, then we will ask 11 or 12. But JK can write more about Hogwarts, or Dumbledore's biography, about lily and james, or something else.

I'm also afraid that Harry will have to die, she needs to "kill" our Potter if she wants the book to become classic, otherwise after 10 years everyone will forget about Harry and Voldermort, about Dumbledore and Snape, Ron and Draco, Hermione and Victor..... (i can go on forever)

sammii
true ,it,d be good if she wrote books b4 harrys time like in james n liliys years .......was voldermort around when james and lily were at school he had to be didn,t he ,why was it never mentioned

Unicor777
exactly what i meant

sammii
we need an explanation lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.