Arnold Schwarzenegger's hometown disowns him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meep-meep
It seems he had his name in his hometown's website erased as well as a stadium that was named after him, after his hometown's disagreement with big S and the execution of Stanley "Tookey" Williams.

I just think it is a little disheartening for him that he will never be able to go back to the town he grew up in again. Sad thought, really.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4562516.stm

KidRock
Who cares? Its Austria..

((The_Anomaly))
Originally posted by KidRock
Who cares? Its Austria..

Are you stupid, honestly, I hope you really dont think like you talk like here on KMC, if you actually do your the exact example of why most of the world hates the US.

so who cares what you say, your American, is that fair to say?? Not really

KidRock
Originally posted by ((The_Anomaly))
Who cares what you say, your American.

Exactly..who cares. I doubt Arnold is going to cry about it. He can buy the damn town if he wanted to.

MC Mike
Originally posted by KidRock
Who cares? Its Austria..

Not you, but then again I don't care what you care. And whether or not you care about that, I don't care, so save yourself the trouble of replying with "I don't care" or "Who cares?".

Anyway, you didn't see this coming? Good move by Austria in my opinion. Bad move by Arnold.

Bardock42
Well Schwarzenegger doesn't seem to care, so well I guess they are better of without each other.

AdventChild
kinda dishonoring if you think about it... I would hate to be disowned by my hometown...

meep-meep
Originally posted by AdventChild
kinda dishonoring if you think about it... I would hate to be disowned by my hometown...

As would I.

Fëanor
kinda dishonoring if you think about it... I would hate to be disowned by my hometown... and if they did, would your life be any worse off? seriously, a hometown. one that you probably rarely visit and if you did, the only people that cares are your friends and family. i don't think anyone else would.

Bardock42

Well he basically wanted it....

Fëanor
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well he basically wanted it.... not like that town made him what he is today...

meep-meep
Yeah he did basically want to cut off all ties but still I would have a hard time doing that regardless of differences in social issues.
I wonder what stance the officials in his home town stand on murderers and their punishment. I know they are against the DP, so do they just stick someone in prison for their entire life?
Anyone who can kill an innocent unprotected person should at least be considered to be put to death, IMO.

Ushgarak
They didn't disown him- he removed his consent for them to use his name. He disowned them.

I understand that a good portion of the town's council- aware that their revenues will now plummet- are trying to get him to change his mind.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by meep-meep
It seems he had his name in his hometown's website erased as well as a stadium that was named after him, after his hometown's disagreement with big S and the execution of Stanley "Tookey" Williams.

I just think it is a little disheartening for him that he will never be able to go back to the town he grew up in again. Sad thought, really.

I think the bigger tragedy is that he is the Governor of this state.

But I agree with his descision not to call for a stay of execution.

Bardock42
Yeah he did basically want to cut off all ties but still I would have a hard time doing that regardless of differences in social issues.
I wonder what stance the officials in his home town stand on murderers and their punishment. I know they are against the DP, so do they just stick someone in prison for their entire life?
Anyone who can kill an innocent unprotected person should at least be considered to be put to death, IMO.

My opinion too, just to prove that soeone is guilty is hard. And Life in prison is basically like death...just...longer....

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

But I agree with his descision not to call for a stay of execution.

How do you think he is doing so far?

Capt_Fantastic
How do you think he is doing so far?

I honestly think he's a joke. I think it really illustrates how ignorant the American people can be.

Bardock42
I honestly think he's a joke. I think it really illustrates how ignorant the American people can be.

Funny thing for an austrian to do. But what kind of policies does he have. How is the economy going, what crazy ass laws were passed (as for his standpoint on the execution I actually think he is right with that one)

KharmaDog
Originally posted by Ushgarak
They didn't disown him- he removed his consent for them to use his name. He disowned them.

I would guess that every 'proud republican party member' applaudes this action that he took and cheer him for being a loyal american and not taking any crap.

I also see alot of people voting for him because of something as stupid as this. I guarantee you this will come up during his reelection campaign.

Bardock42
Originally posted by KharmaDog
I would guess that every 'proud republican party member' applaudes this action that he took and cheer him for being a loyal american and not taking any crap.

I also see alot of people voting for him because of something as stupid as this. I guarantee you this will come up during his reelection campaign.

Maybe...but is he really that bad? I mean I don't know at all what he has done so far.

Fëanor

But I agree with his descision not to call for a stay of execution. an even bigger tragedy is to change the constitution in regards to foreign born citizens wanting to become president. to change it if you must, but not because Arnie wants to run.

i also agree with his decision to not stay the execution...

Bardock42

Red Superfly
Some deeply sad news, Arnold Schwarzeneggar has passed away, several hours ago.

Check out CNN for more details.

RIP Arnie.

Capt_Fantastic

Bardock42
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Some deeply sad news, Arnold Schwarzeneggar has passed away, several hours ago.

Check out CNN for more details.

RIP Arnie.
Oh well..and I was soo looking forward to Terminator 4 stick out tongue

AHHHHHHHHH give reasons for hate of Arnie.....

Capt_Fantastic

AHHHHHHHHH give reasons for hate of Arnie.....

Jingle All the Way

Bardock42
Jingle All the Way

Hmm..is that a reference to something I am supposed to know?

Capt_Fantastic
Hmm..is that a reference to something I am supposed to know?

It's one of his movies.

meep-meep
IT"S NOT A TUMA!! HAHA. He is such a horrible acta.

Bardock42
It's one of his movies.
Is it the one where he is the dad and then a superhero and it's basically a pretty bad story but has funny elements to it?

meep-meep
No it's the one where Phil Hartman is trying to bang his wife,he punches a reindeer, and he tries to buy his kid some action figure. Ring any bells? (jingle, jingle)

Bardock42
No it's the one where Phil Hartman is trying to bang his wife,he punches a reindeer, and he tries to buy his kid some action figure. Ring any bells? (jingle, jingle)
That's what I a saying right. then he is in this Superheroe Costume flies around. he beats up some midgets and Santas...the Post guy has a real post bomb...yeah I know that one.

Capt_Fantastic
That's what I a saying right. then he is in this Superheroe Costume flies around. he beats up some midgets and Santas...the Post guy has a real post bomb...yeah I know that one.

Yes, you are both right. It was on teh other day, and I watched too much of it because the remote was on teh other side of the room. It had the kid who played Anakin Skywalker in teh first SW prequel.

I've had it up here with Turbo MAN!

amity75
I'm glad they're renaming the Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium. As a Rangers fan it's got bad memories for me. cry

K.Diddy

I'm suprised his parents did not shoot him in the head as a kid. no expression

Fëanor
Well, I don't really see a problem with a foreign born person becoming president. I do have issues with allowing it if they arrived in this country after a certain age. However, I think it would be tragic if he became our president. oh no...don't get me wrong, i think the constitution should be changed to allow anyone to be president... i care more for the agenda than anything else. but the certain age thing is a bit iffy...i don't think there should be an age limit.

and Bush is better because...?

Capt_Fantastic

whobdamandog
I never said that Bush was better at/for anything. This isn't about Bush.

Cap can we at least have one discussion in here..where we don't start discussing sexual preference?

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Cap can we at least have one discussion in here..where we don't start discussing sexual preference?

WTF are you talking about? The only one that brings it up all the time is you.

whobdamandog
WTF are you talking about? The only one that brings it up all the time is you.

We're going to have to fix that "witty" sarcasm detector on you my friend..

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by whobdamandog
We're going to have to fix that "witty" sarcasm detector on you my friend..

Not really, when it gets "witty", I'll detect it.

It's not that I never get your sense of humor, it's that I don't find it funny.

soleran30
It is funny to see how quickly a story can change though...........he asked to be taken off not the other way around...........

Fëanor
I never said that Bush was better at/for anything. This isn't about Bush.

And age limits are important because one has to consider the agendas of foreign groups and/or governments. oh right! that does make sense in a way i suppose. but i can't see that ever happening as it'd probably discriminate against a potential candidate based on age.

i was comparing the two as both being tragic..

Rave X
I havent read the whole thread, but I used to be a big Arnold fan, I love all his movies (I know he's a bad actor, but still) but since he became Bush II and voted against gay marriages, I truly cant stand him anymore... I really thought he would not be that shallow *disappointed*

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rave X
I havent read the whole thread, but I used to be a big Arnold fan, I love all his movies (I know he's a bad actor, but still) but since he became Bush II and voted against gay marriages, I truly cant stand him anymore... I really thought he would not be that shallow *disappointed*

Well he needs to be a good Republican. Best for his career.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Rave X

I think there's a difference between a good actor and a good part. It's too bad that I agree. He's not always a bad actor, he just appears infilms that are an embarassment to him.

Adam_PoE
I think there's a difference between a good actor and a good part. It's too bad that I agree. He's not always a bad actor, he just appears infilms that are an embarassment to him.

"My dad doesn't do anything since the crash." laughing

Eis
I can't believe how many people out there say Arnold (I wont even bother TRYING to spell his surname) is a good actor, he's horrible! He's the most famous horrible actor out there.

Alpha Centauri
Ahm ah cahp ya idiot. I'm Detectif Chon Kimaal.

-AC

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I can't believe how many people out there say Arnold (I wont even bother TRYING to spell his surname) is a good actor, he's horrible! He's the most famous horrible actor out there.

I like him. His english sucks but oh well. I liked Total Recall. yes ...and running man......

Eis
I like him. His english sucks but oh well. I liked Total Recall. yes ...and running man......
Haven't seen that movie but since it stars Arnold it sucks.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Haven't seen that movie but since it stars Arnold it sucks.

Sounds reasonable.

Eis
Sounds reasonable.
I know.. erm
Hitchkhiker's good though.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I know.. erm
Hitchkhiker's good though.

Well Arnold isn't in it...

Eis
I know confused
That's partly why it is good.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I know confused
That's partly why it is good.

Yea, that was my point.

Eis
Yea, that was my point.
What is your point?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
What is your point?

That the movie might have been good cause there was no Arnold in there....

Eis
That the movie might have been good cause there was no Arnold in there....
That was a weird way to express your point.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
That was a weird way to express your point.

I think it was no weird way not to express my point not, wasn't it?

Eis
I think it was no weird way not to express my point not, wasn't it?
No.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
No.

I don't get it...I put to many NOs there..

Eis
I don't get it...I put to many NOs there..
I know, that's why I answered no. stick out tongue
I'm pretty sure what you said makes no sense at all so I didn't even bother trying to understand.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I know, that's why I answered no. stick out tongue
I'm pretty sure what you said makes no sense at all so I didn't even bother trying to understand.

A wise ove there, mister.

Eis
I once again don't understand what you mean. confused

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I once again don't understand what you mean. confused

It is of no matter....

Eis
You germans and you're weird english expressions... stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
You germans and you're weird english expressions... stick out tongue

Well, we englishanize german.....it's awesome though.

Eis
english what?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
english what?

englishanize.....like americanize.....or something.....What the f**k?

Eis
Oooh alright. Smart.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Oooh alright. Smart.

Hmm reminds me of the South park: Mormons episode.

Eis
That episode was funny hated the song though...
You know I'm forced to go to this mormon church group every friday and they are JUST like in South Park it's scary really.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
That episode was funny hated the song though...
You know I'm forced to go to this mormon church group every friday and they are JUST like in South Park it's scary really.

I thought christianity was banned....What the f**k?

I basically just loved the song...."Joseph Smith was called a prophet dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, he founded the mormon religion dumb....."

Eis
I thought christianity was banned....What the f**k?

I basically just loved the song...."Joseph Smith was called a prophet dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, he founded the mormon religion dumb....."
Mormons are not christians.

And the song sucks, and anyone who likes it, sucks.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Mormons are not christians.

And the song sucks, and anyone who likes it, sucks.

Mormons are not christians? ...Since when?

And the song is awesome....

Eis
Since they decided to follow the steps of Joseph Smith? confused

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Since they decided to follow the steps of Joseph Smith? confused

I thought they were considered a christian sub culture....my bad.

Eis
I thought they were considered a christian sub culture....my bad.
Well I don't know maybe some people consider them christians...
Either way, they're always happy and laughing and it just makes me stand out for some reason stick out tongue

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Well I don't know maybe some people consider them christians...
Either way, they're always happy and laughing and it just makes me stand out for some reason stick out tongue

Well I mean that's pretty cool and all...but the song is better...

Eis
Well I mean that's pretty cool and all...but the song is better...
Will you stop it abou the song!? Im bitchin about mormons here!

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Will you stop it abou the song!? Im bitchin about mormons here!

Are you...I thought you liked mormons....now the Song is actually making fun of mormons...which is even better....

Eis
Me like mormons? They'd throw rocks at me if they knew I was gay.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Me like mormons? They'd throw rocks at me if they knew I was gay.

I am not sure if mormons are allowed to throw Rocks.....

Eis
laughing out loud

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
laughing out loud

Now we have nothing to talk aboot. What part of the world do you live in ?

Eis
Now we have nothing to talk aboot. What part of the world do you live in ?
I live in the North Hemisphere and I'm from the South Hemisphere.
I live in the East and I am from the West.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I live in the North Hemisphere and I'm from the South Hemisphere.
I live in the East and I am from the West.

Reminds e of a the who song:
The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south

Do you like "The Who"?

Eis
Reminds e of a the who song:
The north side of my town faced east, and the east was facing south

Do you like "The Who"?
What is this "The Who?" you speak of?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
What is this "The Who?" you speak of?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

One of the best Bands in the world....

Eis
Oh, sure.
You know many of my favorite bands are german... you people make good music. happy

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Oh, sure.
You know many of my favorite bands are german... you people make good music. happy

You know how many of MY favorite bands are german? ...none no expression

Eis
You know how many of MY favorite bands are german? ...none no expression
Dont like good ol' sporti?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Dont like good ol' sporti?
I am not sure what you are refering to....I know there*s a band called Sportfreunde ... but is that what you mean?

Eis
Yes... I dont like em much though but they do have one song I loooove

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Yes... I dont like em much though but they do have one song I loooove

that's good...I don't even know one song of them.

Eis
You are missing out on so much if u dont know 'Ein Kompliment' the lyrics are kinda lame but the song is soooo good

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
You are missing out on so much if u dont know 'Ein Kompliment' the lyrics are kinda lame but the song is soooo good

How do yu know that the lyrics are lame?

Eis
How do yu know that the lyrics are lame?
Um... you do understand I have HEARD the song... right?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Um... you do understand I have HEARD the song... right?

I do...you speak geran..or is it in english?

Eis
It's in german.

Eis
Otherwise it would've been called "A compliment"

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Otherwise it would've been called "A compliment"

So you understand considering your earlier statement I couldn't really know...

Eis
I kinda understand, yes.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
I kinda understand, yes.

Good. I am proud of you.

Eis
Thank you for being proud of me. stick out tongue
Once again............... nothing to talk aboot.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Thank you for being proud of me. stick out tongue
Once again............... nothing to talk aboot.

Hm...there must be something wrong, since we always run out of material to talk aboot.

Eis
Indeed.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Indeed.

I'd say it's your fault.

Eis
It is...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
It is...

Is it?

Eis
No, not really.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
No, not really.
Hmm.....I don't know what to write....

Capt_Fantastic

Only caffine-free rocks.

Eis
Only caffine-free rocks.
laughing out loud That is so true... when I learned they weren't allowed to drink coffee it shocked the hell outta me... mormons are weird.

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by Eis
laughing out loud That is so true... when I learned they weren't allowed to drink coffee it shocked the hell outta me... mormons are weird.

I used to date a mormon. Their religion is...different. Actually, I view it as a cult like pyramid scheme. Instead of just getting others to join, you actually reproduce to teh point that you could populate a small country with one family.

Imperial_Samura
I used to date a mormon. Their religion is...different. Actually, I view it as a cult like pyramid scheme. Instead of just getting others to join, you actually reproduce to teh point that you could populate a small country with one family.

I've long suspected that the mormons are up to something. Like some sort of pseudo religious social experiment. Poisoning the coffee supplies or something, and then, when everyone is dead, they will inherit the EARTH!!! What with their numbers. Or not.

As to "Ahnold" - is it actually possible for a town to disown him? I mean, no matter what, that'll still be where he came from. And to be honest, does he really care?

I know one thing for certain, Australia would be happy to claim him (we've been claiming New Zealand talent for years. Some people even consider Mel Gibson something of an Australian), which would work out well for all those Americans who don't know the difference between Austria and Australia.

debbiejo
3 laughing out loud

botankus

Imperial_Samura

DOOM2099
Chicken pot pie! Seriously though, mormons are complete whack jobs. Really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.