The Hulk's Power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Nhilus
Some Q's you might ask, I got the answers: Q: Exactly how big is the Hulk? A: In the film, the madder the Hulk gets, the stronger (and bigger) he gets. He was basically three sizes throughout the film: 9 ft, 12 ft and 15 ft. Q: Exactly how strong is the Hulk? A: Well, he's pretty strong. In the film, the Hulk can cover 3 to 4 miles in a single leap, can achieve speeds of up to 300 mph, has an impenetrable hide (8 to 10 times the strength of regular Kevlar and incredibly regenerative), is capable of lifting 100 tons, and finally, based on punching power and weight, the Hulk would be able to apply at least 14 tons of pressure per square inch to whatever he smashes.

Hulk_Power
Come on, are you kidding me? Everyone knows that what comes out in the movies doesn't count. It's whats in the comics that counts. You can't base your facts on movies because in the movies, heroes are always depowered. Meaning that they aren't nearly as strong or powerful in the movies as they are in the comics. Though I can see you're trying. These are Hulk's actual stats:

Height: 7'11 but can grow bigger the madder he gets

Weight: 1,040 lbs but also increases as he gets bigger

Eye color: Green as Hulk, Brown as Bruce

Hair color: Green as Hulk, Brown as Bruce

Leaping distance: No specific distance because he can leap as little as four miles or as much as hundreds of miles.

Strength: Starts out at a base of 100 tons (all green Hulks) but can get a lot stronger very quickly depending on which incarnation of the Hulk it is.

Speed: Can run at speeds of up to 300 mph and is very fast with his hands

Stamina: Very very high. He can go weeks without water, food, or resting. Can deliver thousands of punches non stop without getting tired.

Intelligence: Genius as Bruce and some incarnations of the Hulk.

Darth Nhilus
Yeah, I like the comics better but that's just what the movie said I guess.

Hulk_Power
Yeah I know. What you said about the Hulk in the movie was right. Though incase you get into any debates about the Hulk or any other Super Hero, you can't use the stats from the movies because that stuff just wouldn't count. People would laugh at you and think you don't know crap about what you're talking about. You have to use stats and feats from the comic books.

Ultimate Hulk43
Originally posted by Darth Nhilus
Some Q's you might ask, I got the answers: Q: Exactly how big is the Hulk? A: In the film, the madder the Hulk gets, the stronger (and bigger) he gets. He was basically three sizes throughout the film: 9 ft, 12 ft and 15 ft. Q: Exactly how strong is the Hulk? A: Well, he's pretty strong. In the film, the Hulk can cover 3 to 4 miles in a single leap, can achieve speeds of up to 300 mph, has an impenetrable hide (8 to 10 times the strength of regular Kevlar and incredibly regenerative), is capable of lifting 100 tons, and finally, based on punching power and weight, the Hulk would be able to apply at least 14 tons of pressure per square inch to whatever he smashes.

You got that off of the DVD. stick out tongue

HigH ScholaR
oh and he can survive in space, vey large and strong lungs can hold alot of oxygen and blow forest down. oh and the more adreneline he produces hos physical abilities increase (speed, strength, drabilty etc)

Ultimate Hulk43
We know. big grin

Hulk_Power
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
oh and he can survive in space, vey large and strong lungs can hold alot of oxygen and blow forest down. oh and the more adreneline he produces hos physical abilities increase (speed, strength, drabilty etc)

Oops, forgot to include that. Though he can't really survive in space but well put anyways.

Ultimate Hulk43
The Hulk can survive in space.....as long as he doesn't change back to Bruce Banner.

Hulk_Power
Originally posted by Ultimate Hulk43
The Hulk can survive in space.....as long as he doesn't change back to Bruce Banner.

Not really. He's even admitted that he can't survive in space himself. It happened in that comic where he whooped Gladiator's ass. It happened where Gladiator was taking him up into space and Hulk did a thunder clap on his ears to stun him and so he can let him go. If he reaches space he loses consciousness and faints.

Though he can hold his breath for quite a while and he has lungs powerful enough to blow over a forest. When he's underwater for a long time then he starts breathing water like an amphibian. It's a process his body goes through underwater to survive and adapt so he won't drown.

HigH ScholaR
Powers and abilities
The Hulk possesses an incredible level of superhuman physical ability. His capacity for physical strength is potentially limitless, able to lift huge amounts or make leaps spanning several miles in his "Savage" or "Merged" forms. In most of his incarnations, and especially in the "Savage" incarnation, the Hulk's strength increases proportionally with his level of emotional stress, which is usually, though not always, quite high.

The Hulk has shown a high resistance to physical damage nearly regardless of the cause (whether it be artillery shells or falls from a great height), and has also shown resistance to extreme temperatures, poisons, and diseases. In addition, the Hulk's body can regenerate damaged or destroyed areas of tissue at an amazing rate, far faster than that of Wolverine's healing factor.

In addition to his power and healing ability, the Hulk has shown several supernatural abilities, including the ability to "home in" on the desert base where he was created and the ability to see ghosts, including the astral form of Dr. Strange. The former appears to have been caused by a connection with the spirit of the Maestro, whereas the latter may be caused by a fear that his father will return to haunt him.

The Hulk's body also has a gland that makes an "oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion", which creates pressure in the Hulk's lungs and effectively lets him breathe underwater and move quickly between varying depths without concerns about decompression or nitrogen narcosis. It is not known if the Hulk has always had this ability or if it has developed over time.

Lucid Lui
Originally posted by Hulk_Power
Not really. He's even admitted that he can't survive in space himself. It happened in that comic where he whooped Gladiator's ass. It happened where Gladiator was taking him up into space and Hulk did a thunder clap on his ears to stun him and so he can let him go. If he reaches space he loses consciousness and faints.

Though he can hold his breath for quite a while and he has lungs powerful enough to blow over a forest. When he's underwater for a long time then he starts breathing water like an amphibian. It's a process his body goes through underwater to survive and adapt so he won't drown. He has been in space talking and stuff before.

Also, in the recent issue Nick Fury theorizes that Hulk would adapt and survive in space like he did underwater. This hasn't happened yet though, but i bet it will eventually since hge said that.

HigH ScholaR
yes exacly i have seen hulk talk and shit in space on numerous occasions though mostly svavage hulk althouh recently i've seen prof hulk in space doing something for shield or something in his own comic. (i have not got the comic just skimmed through it, ah the joys of being broke)

Jade Chihuahua
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
yes exacly i have seen hulk talk and shit in space
was this with the benefit of toilet facilities or without?

HigH ScholaR
no not that kinda shit hes done stuff in there like fight, break metoriets and spaceships etc. But none of them as i can rmember have been with Prof hulk only savage.

Mindship
The Hulk's power is ultimately grounded in psionics.

The gamma rays changed those parts of Banner's brain which affected aggressive feelings, behavior and strength--the "fight" part of the fight/flight response. They also skewed his brain's ability to sense the universal psionic field (yknow, the one so many other heroes tap into). When Bruce gets pissed, that ability kicks in, creating an intense, but localized conversion of energy into matter.

The energy comes from the quantum vacuum, a frothing of virtual particles. These ghost particles are empowered psionically. This is where all the Hulk's mass comes from: matter out of the vacuum of space, being adapted by his Fight response. It also provides the virtually unlimited wellspring of energy from him to draw on, as he gets angrier and angrier.

This explains why his pants are nigh-indestructible. The Hulk may be monstrous but he's still human. At a deeply unconscious level, Bruce's modesty is still fractionally intact. As the pants are damaged, they are instantly regenerated (as best as possible), just like the Hulk's body regenerates (only living tissue takes longer cuz it's more complex).

This explains why the Hulk can see astral forms, and why he can always find his way back to where he was created.

Bruce, you psionic maniac you... cool

CaptainStoic
In times of stress the Hulk's adrenaline level escalates, causing a corresponding escalation in strength. This is not accompanied by an additional gain in mass, but does appear to promote increased levels of energy efficiency. To date the Hulk has never apparently been provoked into demonstrating a maximum output of strength; hence, its upper limit remains a mystery.

badabing
In The Incredible Hulk #90, Nick Fury says that the Hulk's mutation can alter his body to adapt even in space.

roughrider
Originally posted by badabing
In The Incredible Hulk #90, Nick Fury says that the Hulk's mutation can alter his body to adapt even in space.

Don't see how that is plausible. He can survive for a short time, but...
I know there have been fights over the decades when he is in space, but that's just the writer throwing implausibilty out the window. Even the ability to breathe underwater now ( which I can buy), contradicts a hell of a lot of past stories.

And his stamina seems to depend on who he is facing. If his foes calm him down, he mostly starts changing back to Banner.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.