Sideous vs. exar k'un

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ubermench
This is de sidieous and exar before he died.

Sir Degrader
EXAR KUN IS TEH L33t. STFU BEFORE I SMASHZOR YOIU

ubermench
whoa there girlfriend chill lol stupid noob.

Lord Darkstar
Kun would own him

kamikz
I don't know but from proof that lightsnake has provided, the creator of Kun said that Kun was not as powerful as Sidious.

Lord Darkstar
However, you must go on their accomplishments and feats, and in that, Kun clearly outclasses Sidious. For instance, I can write a story with the main character as Bob and I can say he is supposed to be the most power, but if I make Bob loose to a good person, but not the best (ie Mace), and then have no great feats or shows of power, then the logical conclusion is that Joe, who I may have intended to be weaker, but was able to beat stronger opponents and did far greater things, is stronger. In this situation, my own intention does not matter as much as what actually is shown, it is the same here and it is clearly shown that Kun is stronger than Sidious.

Veneficus
Originally posted by Lord Darkstar
However, you must go on their accomplishments and feats, and in that, Kun clearly outclasses Sidious. For instance, I can write a story with the main character as Bob and I can say he is supposed to be the most power, but if I make Bob loose to a good person, but not the best (ie Mace), and then have no great feats or shows of power, then the logical conclusion is that Joe, who I may have intended to be weaker, but was able to beat stronger opponents and did far greater things, is stronger. In this situation, my own intention does not matter as much as what actually is shown, it is the same here and it is clearly shown that Kun is stronger than Sidious.

Watch out Darkstar...those bad movie fanboys will get you! stick out tongue

Lord Darkstar
Exar was an exceptional duelling master.
He also was able to freeze the entire (which had jedi that were in the building) with one spell and then rescue his apprentice and kill an extremely powerful jedi master and nobody could do a thing about it. This jedi master was also very similar to Yoda and been training for 600 years, also remember that the jedi master was training during the height or war in the republic so he knew battle better than Yoda did.
The jedi order also sent thousands of jedi to kill Exar. He was able to repel all of them long enough to preserve his spirit for thousands of years.

And Exar did study alot, Vodo-Baas says that Exar is the most powerful student he has ever trained and the most powerful force user of that time, and Vodo was similar to Yoda, he trained lots of jedi over a long period of time, and if Exar was the best, that means something.

Exar also studied alot, he was fascinated by the sith teachings in Vodo's holocron. Exar also learned under the ancient sith, like Freedon Nadd and Marka Ragnos, he would still be very smart. It is also worth noting that the ancient sith said that Exar would be the one to bring about the golden age of the sith and said that he was the Dark Lord of the Sith, over Ulic-Qel Droma.

Exar Kun was also able to destroy the entire massassani race, quite a feat. He drained their life force and used it to prolong his life.

His apprentice, Ulic, was a powerful jedi and dueller in his own right, but Exar was his unquestioned master and the ancient sith said that Kun would be the dark lord, not Ulic, this means that Kun is stronger than Ulic was.

He was also able to hide as a sith in the middle of the jedi stronghold (Ossus) and recruit jedi to become sith, without the jedi even knowing what he was doing, that's got to take some pretty impreesive power. He decived the best jedi in the order, took sith stuff and recruited new allies from the midst of the jedi ranks, lied to the jedi masters, and they couldn't even tell it was going on! Also, this planet (and its sun) were later blown up by Kun so anybody after him would have no knowledge of those things that Exar knew.

Also, he invented his own lightsaber, Exar was the person who invented the double blade lightsaber. He also designed his own unique style of duelling, something that he never tought to anyone and was lost after his defeat. So nobody other than him and Ulic had any idea what to expect from him (everyone else he faced ended up dead)

He is also an amazing dueller, after he decided to try against Vodo (a lightsaber master), Vodo died in around 10 seconds, before that Kun was just toying with him. Toying with him! In the middle of the senate chamber on the same planet as the jedi temple, he could still toy with one of the best duellers in the jedi order and win hands down.

Kun also learned loads of stuff from Ossus, which was later destroyed by him so anyone after him couldn't have learned anything from it, he also used sith holocrons and had the private notes of Naga Sadow, another sith who could blow up a sun. Naga was also a dark lord of the sith from 1000 years before Exar and was Marka Ragnos apprentice and had an amazing grasp of the dark side, Exar learned it all.
Kun was able to walk into the heart of the republic senate, freeze them all, kill their leader and a jedi master, and walk out, nobody could do a thing. This is in the heart of the jedi order! He was also able to kill a beast which is probably very similar to a terentek, or better, with very few problems. Exar was also able to walk into another jedi stronghold (Ossus), kill more jedi, steal the artifacts, and walk out again, unharmed. He was also able to destroy Freedon Nadd with no problems.

Think about how he died, he was faced against 10 000 jedi, and the republic fleet. Under those circumstances, anyone would have died. Exar died sure, but he was able to hold the entire fleet off with the force until he was able to figure out a plan to keep himself alive. Exar was able to kill off an entire race, numbering thousands, to keep himself alive, sure he was killed 4000 years later, but it still took 14 jedi, 12 padawans, Luke and Kuns old master to kill him. Think about it, 2 lightsabers, 12 padawans/knights, 2 jedi masters (including one of the most powerful jedi ever; Luke and the old version of Yoda, Vodo-Baas, he trained lots of jedi, for some reason I think of him like an old Yoda), to kill off Kun's 4000 year old ionized air particles! He must have been near godlike when he was alive.

When Kun walked, the ground shook underneath him from the shear power of the dark side emanating from his body.

Exar did invent his own style of lightsaber combat, the double blade, also, his double blade was different than any other double blade. He was able to move it faster and aim more than with other double blades. Also, since few people had never seen a double bladed sabre, it would throw them off. He can move his lightsaber so quickly that almost anyone he faced would be sliced before he knew what was going on.

Exar wore armor with a cortosis weave in it, allowing him to recieve hits from a lightsaber without doing him damage.

He was also a powerful sith alchemist and created several beasts.

In short, everything he did outclassed Sidious and so from everything at hand, I conclude that he wins

Darth_Glentract
Wow, LS will freak when he see's that, LD.

kamikz

I totally agree.

It's confusing. He's making characters able to freeze over thousands of people and blow entire starships by raising their hands, yet he says there weaker than the guy who didn't show any extremly powerfull abilities at all (except from DE Sids). There's no logic at all, but really, why would he say it if he didn't mean it? Despite that, I agree.

Lord Darkstar
However, here you must go by what is shown. You must admit that in the movies, Sidious never demonstrated anything amazing, and in DE, it was good yes, but not the equal of what I posted about Kun. So using logic, you must assume that Kun is superior.

And about lightsnake saying that DE Sidious is actually weaker than RotS Sidious, that is absulute CRAP and is worth less than the tissue that I use to wipe my a** with. A simple analysis of the facts will show that this is wrong. If Sidious was able to kill entire fleets on his own, why did he need the confederacy? He should have been able to destroy the republic sitting in a landspeeder. Also, if he was as good a duellist as is claimed, then why did he not waste Mace and Yoda? Did he suddenly gain a heart and want to play fair? Not it makes no sense and you must go with the facts and the facts say that Sidious got stronger.

How did he get stronger you say, simple, the Kaiburr Crystal, it is stated so I am not sure why you say that he is weaker. It contradicts the facts and simple sense.

calvin44
It would be very close indeed, hard to say who would win.

Sir Degrader
Maybe read the above posts before posting rubbish, and it won't be so hard.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Sir Degrader
Maybe read the above posts before posting rubbish, and it won't be so hard. Ditto.

Lightsnake
This is actually a close one. Let's assume I can use DE Sidious at this point cin comparison to Kun at his best. An EU character against an EU character because EU is where the big stuff happens

The only powerful thing Kun is ever truly shown to do on his own is the freezing Sith spell. A Sidious fan could counter this by saying Sidious masked himself from the Jedi for a decade when they were vigiliantly hunting for them. Kun had the comfort of not being hunted when he pulled his plans off.

As for blowing up starships by raising their hands, what? There isn't once that an EU character ever does this.

But accomplishments? Sidious takes that hands down: Sidious crushed the 25,000 year old Jedi order and toppled the Republic. Even if it was Ulic's fault, Kun failed miserably at both. The Order crushed him at the end and the Republic is standing strong. Sidious is the only Sith to ever achieve both their goals: Annihilation of the Jedi order and galactic conquest.

Kun was a brilliant alchemist, this is for sure. He created numerous dark side beasts, that's true...however it's worth noting in the entire course of the comic's run, Kun only ever fights two people: Vodo and Sylvar. Vodo is the one he kills, mainly because Vodo is fighting to subdue him. Admittedly he's weaker at the time Sylvar fights him and the fight is inconclusive-Kun gets scarred, that's when it ends. He created the double bladed lightsaber, but that's creativity, not power at play. He didn't create his own dueling style either, Makashi was already around.

It is likewise foolish to say he grew up in an era of war. In Kun's time there hadn't been in a war in 1000 years and Kun was the one to revive the Sith. This is exactly how it was in Yoda's time: 1000 years of peace with the Sith thought dead. Kun was also, most people neglect to mention, a terrible coward. He was screaming and sobbing when the Jedi imprisoned him in Yavin's temple. And the only Jedi who are actually shown to work against him are Tott, Thon, Nomi and Oss Willum.

And the ground shook? That's, umm...news to me...last I checked, the ground was rather stable...

Some of your argument is very faulty: Nadd was no Sith, Sadow abjectly refused to make him one, hence him being killed. Marka Ragnos didn't teach Kun whatsoever. He simply named him dark lord, marked him and left. The Massassi also willingly gave Kun their lives when he used the obelisk Sadow had created for that very purpose.

What Kun did was not in the heart of the Jedi order. He walked in because noone else knew who he was and killed Vodo not as easily as one would say. And he had the entire strength of Mandalore and MAssassi backing him up. Not only that, he failed to freeze the Jedi who proceeded to kill his Massassi. For a moment, Kun was fully afraid when he saw Sylvar in a rage.

Likewise, you exagerrate on Kun's final demise: His spirit was stuck in Yavin, feeding off the darkside there. He was tricked and beaten by padawans for Luke and Vodo to arrive to lend their energy to destroy him. And Kun didn't exactly 'die gracefully.' He never held a fleet off with the Force. He ran off and tried to free his spirit because he couldn't hold them off.

Kun didn't learn anything from Ossus himself. He arrived to take trophies there and Ood bested him. When he killed that beast and Nadd, he was wearing Sadow's gauntlet, which amplifies the darksie quite a bit, being created by the best of the Ancient Sith, before Sadow's birth. He also caught Nadd well off guard when Nadd thought Kun was going to help him.

As for Sidious in DE...unlike Exar, he never uses artifacts or technology. His power is said to be so great, being trapped in flesh diminishes it. He's referred to as a living avatar of the Dark side when he possesses Empajytos Brand. He effortlessly creates force storm that annihilate a fleet and imbues men with the power of full fledged Dark Jedi. He sucks the force energies and life energies out of six billion people on Byss. At one point, just to prove a point to Leia, he reaches out and destroys a rebel ship with no effort. Sidious returns to Korriban later on and is invited by Ragnos' ghost itself to take his place amongst them, Ragnos saying he has earned it as the greatest Sith. Sidious asks to learn if there's any way to escape from his dying body and they suggest Anakin Solo-And before anyone starts, Sidious's last body had been tampered with severely.

Unlike Kun, Sidious could exist outside of flesh and retain his powers and sanity. Very much unlike Kun, Sidious could possess other bodies as well. Sidious scarred the galaxy far worse than Kun in the long run. Sidious, in his full run takes this.

I owe Glentract and Traya full apology. I was stressed and took it to the top, and I'm very sorry

Darth Hawkeye
Originally posted by Lightsnake
This is actually a close one. Let's assume I can use DE Sidious at this point cin comparison to Kun at his best. An EU character against an EU character because EU is where the big stuff happens

The only powerful thing Kun is ever truly shown to do on his own is the freezing Sith spell. A Sidious fan could counter this by saying Sidious masked himself from the Jedi for a decade when they were vigiliantly hunting for them. Kun had the comfort of not being hunted when he pulled his plans off.

As for blowing up starships by raising their hands, what? There isn't once that an EU character ever does this.

But accomplishments? Sidious takes that hands down: Sidious crushed the 25,000 year old Jedi order and toppled the Republic. Even if it was Ulic's fault, Kun failed miserably at both. The Order crushed him at the end and the Republic is standing strong. Sidious is the only Sith to ever achieve both their goals: Annihilation of the Jedi order and galactic conquest.

Kun was a brilliant alchemist, this is for sure. He created numerous dark side beasts, that's true...however it's worth noting in the entire course of the comic's run, Kun only ever fights two people: Vodo and Sylvar. Vodo is the one he kills, mainly because Vodo is fighting to subdue him. Admittedly he's weaker at the time Sylvar fights him and the fight is inconclusive-Kun gets scarred, that's when it ends. He created the double bladed lightsaber, but that's creativity, not power at play. He didn't create his own dueling style either, Makashi was already around.

It is likewise foolish to say he grew up in an era of war. In Kun's time there hadn't been in a war in 1000 years and Kun was the one to revive the Sith. This is exactly how it was in Yoda's time: 1000 years of peace with the Sith thought dead. Kun was also, most people neglect to mention, a terrible coward. He was screaming and sobbing when the Jedi imprisoned him in Yavin's temple. And the only Jedi who are actually shown to work against him are Tott, Thon, Nomi and Oss Willum.

And the ground shook? That's, umm...news to me...last I checked, the ground was rather stable...

Some of your argument is very faulty: Nadd was no Sith, Sadow abjectly refused to make him one, hence him being killed. Marka Ragnos didn't teach Kun whatsoever. He simply named him dark lord, marked him and left. The Massassi also willingly gave Kun their lives when he used the obelisk Sadow had created for that very purpose.

What Kun did was not in the heart of the Jedi order. He walked in because noone else knew who he was and killed Vodo not as easily as one would say. And he had the entire strength of Mandalore and MAssassi backing him up. Not only that, he failed to freeze the Jedi who proceeded to kill his Massassi. For a moment, Kun was fully afraid when he saw Sylvar in a rage.

Likewise, you exagerrate on Kun's final demise: His spirit was stuck in Yavin, feeding off the darkside there. He was tricked and beaten by padawans for Luke and Vodo to arrive to lend their energy to destroy him. And Kun didn't exactly 'die gracefully.' He never held a fleet off with the Force. He ran off and tried to free his spirit because he couldn't hold them off.

Kun didn't learn anything from Ossus himself. He arrived to take trophies there and Ood bested him. When he killed that beast and Nadd, he was wearing Sadow's gauntlet, which amplifies the darksie quite a bit, being created by the best of the Ancient Sith, before Sadow's birth. He also caught Nadd well off guard when Nadd thought Kun was going to help him.

As for Sidious in DE...unlike Exar, he never uses artifacts or technology. His power is said to be so great, being trapped in flesh diminishes it. He's referred to as a living avatar of the Dark side when he possesses Empajytos Brand. He effortlessly creates force storm that annihilate a fleet and imbues men with the power of full fledged Dark Jedi. He sucks the force energies and life energies out of six billion people on Byss. At one point, just to prove a point to Leia, he reaches out and destroys a rebel ship with no effort. Sidious returns to Korriban later on and is invited by Ragnos' ghost itself to take his place amongst them, Ragnos saying he has earned it as the greatest Sith. Sidious asks to learn if there's any way to escape from his dying body and they suggest Anakin Solo-And before anyone starts, Sidious's last body had been tampered with severely.

Unlike Kun, Sidious could exist outside of flesh and retain his powers and sanity. Very much unlike Kun, Sidious could possess other bodies as well. Sidious scarred the galaxy far worse than Kun in the long run. Sidious, in his full run takes this.

I owe Glentract and Traya full apology. I was stressed and took it to the top, and I'm very sorry

That id have to say is a very good point at the hands of a FACTS genuise if you dont mind me saying lightSnake

Lightsnake
Moreover, before I forget: Lucas didn't want his characters becoming overpowered superheroes. Same reason as why this Qui-Gon guy is training Obi-wan.

Sidious needed the COnfederacy because to reveal himself against the FULL Jedi Order-no push overs there- would be absolute suicide. And he needed a way to take control with people not only accepting it: They'd be demanding it. As for Mace and Yoda: Mace was simply an incredible duelist and Yoda was one of the strongest Jedi masters of all time. his strength in the force is incredible and he's hailed by the Sith themselves as the strongest force the darkness has ever known. Who says Sidious wasn't trying to stall for time with Mace? And Yoda surprised him, he was overconfident-his big, big failing and didn't realize Yoda's power. It wasn't in Kun's nature to enter a scenario where he didn't hold all the cards and the same goes for Sidious. When Kun is finally bested, he was reduced to little more than a sobbing child. Sidious's final words are to curse Luke and the Skywalkers.

As for the Kaiburr crystal: Nowhere, anywhere is Sidious stated to have it....except maybe on Supershadow. The only times the Kaiburr is even mention are in Splinter of the Mind's Eye and in the old Marvel comics.

Tangible God
(whoo, long exhale)

That's a long one.

Lightsnake
IT's also worth noting, KOTOR and its era is considered the retellings of a legend.Hence the anachronisms between the two and some of the movies. Even if Lucas hadn't written them yet-I blame George entirely. And Legends are often exagerrated so take it as you will.

Lord Darkstar

Veneficus
Lightsnake is nonsensical.

"A Sidious fan could counter this by saying Sidious masked himself from the Jedi for a decade when they were vigiliantly hunting for them."

And Kun -waltzed onto Ossus (The Jedi planet)- as the Dark Lord of the Sith, murdered a Jedi Master, and took twenty knights with him to Yavin IV without anyone suspecting him.

"But accomplishments? Sidious takes that hands down"

Accomplishments mean nothing in a debate on who would win in a fight. Sidious did none of that by fighting anyone.

"Kun only ever fights two people:"

Oh, I guess he didn't fight Ulic. And he didn't blast away Aleema with a wave of his hand. And he didn't kill Odan-Urr with a wave of his hand. Nor did he curbstomp Ood. (It's irrelevant that Ood was hit by a massassi, Ood knew he was beaten anyway.)

"Vodo is the one he kills, mainly because Vodo is fighting to subdue him."

Frankly that's bullshit. Perhaps he missed the two-page monologue Vodo had about having to stop Exar Kun. Vodo was not and did not intend to fight to subdue Kun. He fought to stop him.

"Admittedly he's weaker at the time Sylvar fights him and the fight is inconclusive-Kun gets scarred, that's when it ends."

Yes, he gets scarred when Sylvar gives in to instinctive rage, i.e. THE DARK SIDE.

"He didn't create his own dueling style either, Makashi was already around."

Excuse me, but how the hell was Kun using Makashi with a freaking double-bladed lightsaber? Answer: He wasn't. There is no style like Kun's.

"In Kun's time there hadn't been in a war in 1000 years and Kun was the one to revive the Sith."

I guess there was no Freedon Nadd uprising then. Huh, that must've been a bad dream. How about the Krath, dip? Oh wait, must've forgotten about them, that's it. Or about the references to a Coruscant droid rebellion that Arca lived and fought through, huh? What a fanboy.

"Kun was also, most people neglect to mention, a terrible coward. He was screaming and sobbing when the Jedi imprisoned him in Yavin's temple. And the only Jedi who are actually shown to work against him are Tott, Thon, Nomi and Oss Willum."

Unbelievable lies.

He wasn't screaming, sobbing, or otherwise. His exact words were, "My spirit will live forever! Forever!" And he was SMILING!

Doesn't sound like a frightened man to me.

As well, his last line is a flat-out, bald-faced LIE.

"The wall of light generated by many Jedi becomes a crushing blow for the Light side of the Force, etc etc."

In the same panel are shown some of the ships of all of the Jedi in the Galaxy. Elsewhere are references to the fact that all the Jedi in the galaxy were present.

"What Kun did was not in the heart of the Jedi order. He walked in because noone else knew who he was and killed Vodo not as easily as one would say. And he had the entire strength of Mandalore and MAssassi backing him up. Not only that, he failed to freeze the Jedi who proceeded to kill his Massassi. For a moment, Kun was fully afraid when he saw Sylvar in a rage."

More lies. He waltzed into the Senate like he owned the place, killed the Chancellor and Vodo, rescued Ulic, and the Jedi were impotent to stop him. Of the Mandalorian warriors, only Mandalore himself was present. The Massassi were irrelevant too, they were only shown getting killed by Sylvar and not doing much else. And to say Kun was afraid of Sylvar is RIDICULOUS.

"Exar Kun remembers the scar Sylvar gave him... but the Cathar woman is no longer of any consequence to him..." (Emphasis mine).

Huh. Some fear, jackass. Later he blasts her away, again, with wave of his hand and causes her to weep. Some fear.

"Kun didn't learn anything from Ossus himself. He arrived to take trophies there and Ood bested him. When he killed that beast and Nadd, he was wearing Sadow's gauntlet, which amplifies the darksie quite a bit, being created by the best of the Ancient Sith, before Sadow's birth. He also caught Nadd well off guard when Nadd thought Kun was going to help him."

More flat-out bullshit. I guess that's why the narrator says, "Looking at all the precious Jedi artifacts his Massassi have stolen, Exar Kun knows he has more wealth and knowledge than he can ever use." In the panel are scrolls, books, and other artifacts.

Ood didn't best him by the way. Ood was bested in combat and had to enter the next stage of his lifecycle to prevent Kun from stealing some ancient lightsabers. When you consider that entering that stage trapped him on Ossus for the conflagration, it's not a victory to me.

And so what if he was wearing Sadow's gauntlet? As if that's a detriment? I hope Lightsnake realizes that the gauntlet allowed him to literally cast beams of energy from his hand, which ripped through yards of the beast's flesh. Lightning has nothing on that.

And how exactly could it be Sadow's amulet if Sadow didn't create it? Sounds like speculative bullshit to me. And it's rather hard to argue that Nadd was caught off guard, seeing how Kun said to him things such as, "I'm not your son" "Freedon Nadd, I've had enough of you guiding me, testing me..." and "Power? Yes... there is power..."

"Unlike Kun, Sidious could exist outside of flesh and retain his powers and sanity. Very much unlike Kun, Sidious could possess other bodies as well. Sidious scarred the galaxy far worse than Kun in the long run. Sidious, in his full run takes this."

Yeah, let's see Sidious exist the way Kun was forced to for four thousand damned years! What a dip Lightsnake is. He assumes that Kun couldn't possess other bodies, when that's exactly what Kun desired in the end in the JA trilogy. Sidious loses plain and simple. DE Sidious puts up an admirable fight, but he is no match for Exar Kun.

Lord Darkstar
Moreover, before I forget: Lucas didn't want his characters becoming overpowered superheroes. Same reason as why this Qui-Gon guy is training Obi-wan.

Who says Sidious wasn't trying to stall for time with Mace? And Yoda surprised him, he was overconfident-his big, big failing and didn't realize Yoda's power. It wasn't in Kun's nature to enter a scenario where he didn't hold all the cards and the same goes for Sidious. When Kun is finally bested, he was reduced to little more than a sobbing child. Sidious's final words are to curse Luke and the Skywalkers.

As for the over powered bit, well I admit that they are overpowered, however, like I said above, you have to go with what is given, and they do have great power.

As for who says Sidious didn't throw the fight with Mace, well since you are making the claim, you must back it up. The burden of proof is on you. Occam's Razor.

About Yoda surprising him, possible, however, who says Kun cannot do the same? Sidious will not know what to expect from Kun and may underestimate him, thus causing his downfall.

As for Kun sobbing, maybe he was trying to do the same thing that Sidious did when Anakin ran into the room and saw Mace over Sidious, trying to get sympathy and have someone join him. As for why Sidious didn't do it again, he knew that it would not work, nobody had any symptathy for him. Kun knew he was facing children and may have been trying to play to their childish feelings about how everyone can be redeemed.

Lightsnake
1. Odan-Urr was a wise Jedi, but he was a weak fighter. When Kun killed him, he was noticeably wearing his power enhancing Sith gauntlets. Kun never used a saber on him, he wasn't using mind powers on the young Jedi, either....he convinced them Sadow's traces were around on Yavin 4. He also let the Sith spirits in a holocron possess them. Crado was the only one who followed but, c'mon, Crado was a flippin' moron...

2. Sidious toppled the Order, had it exterminating and took the Republic, that's more than Kun ever did. Kun also did what he did while wearing those gauntlets, noticeably enhancing his power manyfold when he killed that giant monster. More to the point there, he was unable to beat Ulic. Ragnos stopped the fight. Kun doesn't ebat Sylvar, either. He screams at her for clawing him, then Vader smacks his saber from his hand. I forgot Ulic, but the duel was as stalemate as you get...As for Ood Bnar, a Massassi blindsided him while he and Kun faced off.

3. Kun didn't take the Republic. He didn't nearly do so. His only involvement in the war was the last cover battle to steal Ood's lightsabers-he failed at that and to save Ulic. Ulic started the war against Kun's wishes, firmly against them. Uliuc's forces were beaten into the ground as well...the Republic never came close to falling. Onderon wiped out Ulic's Mandalorians and the Krath...all Kun had left were the Massassi when Ulic double crossed him. He never actively participated as commander and Ulic screwed up plenty. Two small battles followed by defeat after defeat do not a succesful campaign make. In ACCOMPLISHMENT, Sidious takes it.

4. Ok, let's blame the CGI team and Lucas for a very poor shoot on the Mace fight and not Sidious. It's worth noting Vodo was trying to subdue and not kill, he'd just fought a practically legion of Massassi warriors and he knew somehow he'd face Kun as a spirit. Kun was at his best and Vodo was less so.

5. Kun was indeed a coward. He begged and pleaded for his life on several occasions and when he was about to die, he became a cringing, sobbing child. During the Ulic thing, noone knew who he was until he arrived on the Senate and he left Massassi to make sure he could escape. It's worth noting he was only thought of as a random Jedi, with his ship parked right outside and the Mandalorians backing him up in orbit. And as for that fear statement. When Sylvar tears his Massassi apart barehanded, Kun touches the scars she gave him and feels a small twinge before he regains himself and-rightly-reminds himself she's of no consequence. And until Kun pulled out his dual lightsaber, Vodo is matching him.

6. Sidious is never mentioned, hinted or stated to use a Kaiburr crystal. We see him in open robes at one point and it's not on him, this when he makes the force storm. He never uses a kaiburr crystal...he never even got one.

7. The Massassi numbered in the hundreds at best and they WILLINGLY gave up their life...and Kun, as I said, was using Sadow's obelisk, built for just that purpose of draining them

8. Ragnos never said Kun earned a place amongst them, Sidious was the only since Ragnos himself to earn such an honor. At that time, Sidious's mind was fading, his body was dying...thanks to the faulty clone, even a strong emotion, never mind the force use could kill the clone's weak heart. He needed their guidance because time was of the essence. He used the quickest route availible and noone could fault him for that. Kun's star system stunt was not Kun, Exar was nowhere near the system at that point. Aleema was using Sadow's ship and Kun neglected to mention the supernova that'd result-again, Crado's a flippin' moron, Aleema's not so bright herself- and it killed about seven birds with one stone...it's worth noting though that there wasn't a single casualty on Ossus, the Jedi evacuated it.

Lastly, Gantoris' death is etchy, but it was Kyp who wrenched Luke out and Luke didn't want to hurt Kyp and knew the only way to confront Kun was on his own turf....Kun was bound to the Yavin temple, explaining his existence, a veritable stew of Darkside Energy...and Ragnos lost thanks to that idiot Tavion.

Anyone mind if I ignore Ven btw? He's little else but rude and insulting.

Lord Darkstar
Well sorry but I can't respond right now, I got to go to bed and tomorrow I am visiting relatives so I will be gone for several days. We can pick this up when I get back. Later

Lightsnake
As for the over powered bit, well I admit that they are overpowered, however, like I said above, you have to go with what is given, and they do have great power.

As for who says Sidious didn't throw the fight with Mace, well since you are making the claim, you must back it up. The burden of proof is on you. Occam's Razor.

About Yoda surprising him, possible, however, who says Kun cannot do the same? Sidious will not know what to expect from Kun and may underestimate him, thus causing his downfall.

As for Kun sobbing, maybe he was trying to do the same thing that Sidious did when Anakin ran into the room and saw Mace over Sidious, trying to get sympathy and have someone join him. As for why Sidious didn't do it again, he knew that it would not work, nobody had any symptathy for him. Kun knew he was facing children and may have been trying to play to their childish feelings about how everyone can be redeemed.

1. The proof for MAce/Sidious is impossible one way or the other. There's evidence, but I don't wish to bring up that debate here. In a saber duel, Kun would take it.

2. Sidious is far intune with the Dark Side. While a Jedi could hide himself, a Sith could not...and can we make this fight SOMEwhat fair? Wouldn't be too right is, since it's Sidious, Kun's tampered with Krath droids blast him through the back, and then the room detonates...Sidious, when it comes to other Sith NEVER underestimates them. He tells that to Vader when relating how he killed Plageuis. He took the safe road out there, same as Kun did with Nadd. Plagueis learned what Palpatine thought his strength to undermine him, what he loved so to take away, what he wanted to deny him, what he feared to force him to face....Ragnos-or another Ancient Sith says Sidious, long ago, gave up everything to the Dark Side. Kun's arrogance was also his flaw, he'd be more likely to underestimate Sidious.

3. Kun was most certainly not trying for sympathy. Vodo said he'd been laid bare and there was noone around to plead to. He'd tried with everyone-all of whom were adults. He realized the futility of his existence, and was terrified of the void.

I will neglect to point out that in the DE sorucebook, Sidious is stated as the strongest Sith of all time. I'd rather make this a fair debate.

And Ven, why don't you just shut your damn mouth. You do nothing but make yourself appear an arrogant moron.

I'll address some of his points though:

1. Miss where Kun said if Vodo'd win, he'd allow Vodo to take him back?

2. Kun uses Makashi, confirmed. Does it matter what weapon you use for a saber style? Maul used form VII and he had a double blade

3. Oh, the KRath....well, you arrogant *******, except for Satal and Aleema, they weren't Force Users, and NAdd wasn't a Sith. Self admitted not a Sith. Denied by Sadow.

4. Wow, was that 'I'll live forever' before or AFTER the Jedi crushed him? According to the Jedi academy trilogy, he wasn't too happy when that was going on in his memories.

5. Wow, you mean the stuff Nadd stole off Sadow's CORPSE when Sadow refused to make him Sith? And it's 'Sadow's.' Because 'Sadow OWNED' it. See?

6. Yes, when Sidious is specifically bound a certain place and unable to touch the Force for 4000 years, going insane in isolation...And Kun is sort of, y'know, REPELLED In Champions of the Force. That is the last time I'll ever give you a direct answer, Ven. Sod off

Lightsnake
See you, whenever Darkstar. great debating with you

Escape81
Yeah, I'm going to be labeled a 'dip' and a Sidious-fanboy too, but I'm beyond the point of caring or trying to refute. I could call you all Ragnos fanboys for declaring 'him' the most powerful Sith. Oddly enough, there's no proof for it. So, take in stride and neglect the usage of insults.

Darkstar, you are out of your mind of you think Kun would ever own Sidious. If this is DE Sidious we're talking about, especially.

1. DE Sidious could create Force Storms capable of wiping out fleets.

2. DE Sidious could create Force Storms to kill individual people.

3. DE Sidious could create Force Storms to teleport people across the galaxy.

4. DE Sidious can wield Force Lightning that mortally wounds its victim after a short succession.

5. Sidious (DE?) was quoted to be "on a higher level than Exar Kun", by Exar Kun's creator, Kevin J. Anderson.

6. Sidious was labeled as "the most powerful of us" by the Ancient Sith Lord spirits on Korriban.

7. It took the combined Force attunement of three Skywalkers to take him out (and this was only temporary).

Escape81
If this is ROTS Sidious, then Sidious gets owned. Badly. But otherwise, he takes Exar Kun.

Veneficus
And Ven, why don't you just shut your damn mouth. You do nothing but make yourself appear an arrogant moron.

Well I am an arrogant moron...

No but seriously to get pissed at someone over a fictional character is pretty stupid and I apologize.

Really your a much better debater than most of the crap that comes through here. So lets just forget any previous insults and move on and agree to disagree.

kamikz
About Vodo, even if he did want to kill Exar there is little he could have done to wound him with a walking stick, so it's pretty safe to say he was on the defencive all the time, he couldent have killed him with it. (unless I've missed something).

Darth Traya
Escape, there is proof for Ragnos being th most powerful Sith of all time.

Lightsnake
what's that proof, Traya? An obscure quote by Kreia and random memorial services by the Sith? What did you ever SEE Ragnos do? What has he ever been witnessed doing?

Ragnos, in all his living glory, has NEVER been seen in Star Wars, not once.

And as for Vodo....it's worth noting his way of teaching his student anger and violence were wrong was to beat the hell out of him...And both exar and Vodo had issues on keeping hold of their apprentices

Darth Traya
what's that proof, Traya? An obscure quote by Kreia and random memorial services by the Sith? What did you ever SEE Ragnos do? What has he ever been witnessed doing?

Ragnos, in all his living glory, has NEVER been seen in Star Wars, not once.

And as for Vodo....it's worth noting his way of teaching his student anger and violence were wrong was to beat the hell out of him...And both exar and Vodo had issues on keeping hold of their apprentices

No, but the blurb to the TOTJ comics does add some stuff about him. He was a "god amongst gods" he was "the dark lord.

Not only that, look at the amount of power Tavion wielded with his sceptre. If a weakling like that can amass that much of power, then Ragnos could obliterate pretty much anyone.

Lightsnake
Considering the competence level of those other 'Gods', that's not much an achievment. The Ancient Sith we're shown are nothing more than a bunch of inept dolts. Ragnos may've been great but he was the only one and quotes ain't working to prove a thing here. How do those Sith screw up? Lots and lots of fun ways

And imbued artifacts aren't really the best measure of someone's power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.