Bat Girl vs Red Hood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dman2008
Who wins

Batgirl

or

Red Hood(Jason Todd)

They both have one hour of prep

The Ion
Bats

spetznaz
Originally posted by dman2008
Who wins

Batgirl

or

Red Hood(Jason Todd)

They both have one hour of prep

Does someone/anyone understand how the RedHood came to be alive? As in how did Jason Todd come back?
I've read the comic and honestly it doesn't seem to satisfy the question of how Todd is walking and breathing and ....well ....living.
IT does say that it is CERTAINLY Todd (or someone who has the same exact genetic makeup as Todd), however how did that happen.
And I know that in comics no one really goes .....eg Green Arrow came back, Green Lantern (Hal) came back, Aquaman came back, the entire main characters in the JLA died (for several thousand years) and came back (in the Obsidian age) .....thus in comics nothing is final.

However all of the above have had an 'explanation' that is, for the most part, coherent.

But when it comes to Todd nothing makes sense.
The Lazarus pit makes no sense.
Magic and sorcery would also make no sense.
And even if there was someone powerful enough (and willing to invest significant magic), WHY would they bother bringing back Todd. If they wanted to destroy Batman, and they had the power to bring a long dead Todd to life, they would definitely be able to destroy Batman without resorting to such antics.

And exactly how did Todd get to his current age. He was a snivelling snot of a boy when the Joker did what had to be done .....but now he is almost Nightwing's age and apparently far BETTER trained than Todd was as Robin.
As Batman said Todd was never ....never ever ....as good as he is now. In every way (from strategy to fighting ability to you name it). Yet now the Red Hood is basically taking Gotham away from Batman .....something even Deathstroke has had night terrors trying to do.

MY conclusion: The Red Hood might have the same genetic structure as Jason Todd, but he is NOT Jason Todd. At least not the one that got bludgeoned by the Joker.
How he came back makes no sense (and the question of how still needs to be answered).
The age differential makes no sense. The only way it would make sense is if he was immediately placed in the Lazarus pit the moment the Joker (and explosion) killed him. However that was not the case. And if he was brought back recently then how come he is much older?
Then there are his skill sets! Makes no sense. The way 'Todd' is written now makes him basically at par with Bruce. In ways better (he even got some companies Bruce relied on for gadgets ......insane!!!!). And his fighting ability has progressed to where he could hold his own against Batman (compare that to Nightwing who couldn't even land a punch on Batman once Bruce decided to 'go hot.' Yet here is Todd making the Batman bleed).

Anyways, this 'Red Hood' is not Jason Todd.
He may smell like Todd, look like Todd (though older, which makes that debatable), and even have the same DNA as Todd.
But he is not Todd.

I wonder if any of you have any theories on him.
Thanks.

Oh ....and on Batgirl vs the Red Hood.
Well, in fighting Batgirl ....easily. The Red Hood may be able to tangle with the Batman, but Batgirl is on a different level.
Batgirl wins.

However if it comes to more than physical fighting then the Hood wins. In the same way that Batman would totally destroy Batgirl if an all out fight. Why? Because Batman (and the Red Hood) would use their superior stratagem planning to create scenarios that work against Batgirl.

thus:
In a physical fight (i.e martial arts) Batgirl wins with abounding ease.
In a cerebral fight (i.e anything goes, with strategy involved) Batgirl goes down hard due to prep.

olympian
"Does someone/anyone understand how the RedHood came to be alive? As in how did Jason Todd come back?
I've read the comic and honestly it doesn't seem to satisfy the question of how Todd is walking and breathing and ....well ....living"

> The only comic who will come out explaining details its the upcoming Batman Annual 25.

Wich according to the preview pages, It is the same Jason Todd.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/677/677822p1.html

"However all of the above have had an 'explanation' that is, for the most part, coherent."

> Not really. Superman explanation of how he came back its nothing but confusing. The one used for Green Arrow could be used for any hero.

"The Lazarus pit makes no sense."

> It does. Its actually the best one so far. We know the LP exists and what for. If Ras a Gul used it to revive Todd (since he knows everything about Bruce secret life) and trained him to be his sucesseur then you have a good comeback story. Or variations of these.

"Magic and sorcery would also make no sense."

> Then Green Arrow comeback made no sense.

"WHY would they bother bringing back Todd"

> Why bother bringing -anyone- back? In this case ifsomeone did it was definatly to give a rival to Batman. A Dark robin wich he always was and that has Bruce training and knows everything about him.

"but now he is almost Nightwing's age and apparently far BETTER trained than Todd was as Robin."

> Training. Batman isent the only one doing it.

"As Batman said Todd was never ....never ever ....as good as he is now. In every way (from strategy to fighting ability to you name it). "

> Obviously. This is Jason as what if he got older in the first place. It isent as he was as Robin.

"MY conclusion: The Red Hood might have the same genetic structure as Jason Todd, but he is NOT Jason Todd. At least not the one that got bludgeoned by the Joker."

> Preview pages of the link.

"How he came back makes no sense (and the question of how still needs to be answered"

> If we dont know yet, how can you say already it makes no sense...?

"The only way it would make sense is if he was immediately placed in the Lazarus pit the moment the Joker (and explosion) killed him. However that was not the case. And if he was brought back recently then how come he is much older?"

> Wait for the annual to know. I sense a retcon to Death in the family.

"Then there are his skill sets! Makes no sense. The way 'Todd' is written now makes him basically at par with Bruce. In ways better (he even got some companies Bruce relied on for gadgets ......insane!!!!). "

> I wouldnt say on par but good enough. Poeple forget that in stories before he died he was taking all the training Batman gave pretty quick.

"Anyways, this 'Red Hood' is not Jason Todd.
He may smell like Todd, look like Todd (though older, which makes that debatable), and even have the same DNA as Todd.
But he is not Todd."

> You cant say otherwise yet.

as for the fight:

Without prep Batgirl is better.

With prep Red Hood is better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.