One question....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

braz
in ROTS when obi wan and anakin(or vader) were about to fight, y didnt vader just force choke obi wan to death like padme instead of getting his legs cut off? laughing out loud

Tangible God
Two separate reasons:

1.) Movie neccessity.

2.) Perhaps he was unsure if he COULD choke OB.

Captain REX
Dooku may have been able to pull it off, but I doubt Anakin was really experienced in the whole choking business.

Tangible God
Yeah, he just kinda squeezed, not gripped.

Veneficus
Obi-Wan who had more experience could have probibly (my spelling sucks) resisted it.

overlord
Meh.. Force tricks probably don't work on warriors who use the force.. Otherwise the fights would only rely on who chokes the first.

kalsemo
Originally posted by overlord
Meh.. Force tricks probably don't work on warriors who use the force..

Possibly. Perhaps they have built-in resistance and/or are naturally immune to force chokes.

overlord
My guess is that it only works on the weak.

Ken Kenobi
My guess is that the Jedi/Sith are all about showmanship...

SpyCspider
yea i think it's showmanship...otherwise, any Jedi or Sith can fight dirty and just do "force-poke" into the eyes or.....other orifices...

or like force-pull on the hair...

DrDoom101
Originally posted by SpyCspider
yea i think it's showmanship...otherwise, any Jedi or Sith can fight dirty and just do "force-poke" into the eyes or.....other orifices...

or like force-pull on the hair... laughing out loud force poke in the eyes laughing

b-dan
i say they did it to make the scene more interesting instead of one little choke thing

kalsemo
Originally posted by kalsemo
Possibly. Perhaps they have built-in resistance and/or are naturally immune to force chokes.

Actually, I take that back! roll eyes (sarcastic) Because now that I think of it, at the beginning of the movie, Dooku force-choked and force-threw Obi through the air... he then fell to the ground and got trapped underneath that platform.

So much for the theory of Obi being able to resist force throws.

Espio X 20
Obi-Wan and Anakin's Force levels are about the same. Obi-Wan probably could've easily resisted it. Plus, it would've messed up the movie, because people wanted an epic lightsaber fight, and not a two second Force grip sequence.

Darth_Amidala
Perhaps Anakin was curious as to whether he could beat Obi-Wan in a lightsaber battle erm

exanda kane
Let's not forget, I know this is PT forum, but in ANH Vader uses force choke to strike fear into the rebel soldiers.

The Ones
Originally posted by overlord
Meh.. Force tricks probably don't work on warriors who use the force.. .

what about force lightning and force push?

Red Superfly
Well, Anakin obviously thought he could take out Obi-Wan using the special super-jump and cut him by surprise.

Anakin knew everything about fighting from Obi-Wan right? Well maybe Obi-Wan didn't teach Anakin that particular move. If you remember it was the same move Obi-Wan used to hack up Darth Maul.

Anakin probably didn't know that Obi-Wan had used the technique before. Anakin thought he dicoverred a new move, but Obi-Wan was way ahead of him.

"Don't try it".

Anakin's head was too big.

The Ones
I didnt realise they were the same moves.

Red Superfly
Oh, maybe they aren't. I just assumed they were. It was just a suggestion. They do look pretty much identical. They are both "flippy over head and cut shit" moves.

Captain REX
Not the same, but pretty close.

Darth_Amidala
Originally posted by exanda kane
Let's not forget, I know this is PT forum, but in ANH Vader uses force choke to strike fear into the rebel soldiers.

But that is nearly 20 years later, Anakin has much more experience then.....

~S.L. cool

SpyCspider
Lucas likes to echo his movies....similar scenes, similar dialogue, etc. I wouldn't put it past him to do the "flip over cut" move again to remind us that's how Obi-Wan beat Maul. Cept this time, Anakin gets shafted. How else would Obi-Wan know he was going to jump over him when Anakin could've easily just stepped onto the ground away from the lava?

That had to be the most foolish jump ever. Obi-Wan can force jump all the way up to another ledge in TPM and Anakin can't execute a higher flip over? At least Obi-wan didn't slice him in half.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.