Dr. Manhatten vs. Mr. Majestic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

the Darkone
Dr. Manhatten

vs.

Mr. Majestic

Psycho Ninja
Dr.M is just Surfer level.........

Mjes wons !!!

Juntai
Manhattan came across as godlike imo and should easily win this.

Sir Whirlysplat
Dr M is well bryond the Surfer he sees the past present and future as one, has Molecule man level rearranging powers and instant teleport anywhere he wants.

thesilverspider
go to the surfer's respect thread and look for my link I put up nuff said.

Juntai
Yeah, Surfer has had some good showings, but he's not on Manhattan's level either. He was limited to a few showings, as there's no followup to Watchmen, but what we did see--as well as the impression given-- was a nearly completely omnipotent being who could achieve pretty much anything. He had seemingly moved beyond the universe itself. Surfer is not portayed in this manner.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by Juntai
Yeah, Surfer has had some good showings, but he's not on Manhattan's level either. He was limited to a few showings, as there's no followup to Watchmen, but what we did see--as well as the impression given-- was a nearly completely omnipotent being who could achieve pretty much anything. He had seemingly moved beyond the universe itself. Surfer is not portayed in this manner.
I was responding to the post that said that majestic is above the surfer.

Juntai
Originally posted by thesilverspider
I was responding to the post that said that majestic is above the surfer. I got confused at some point along the line I guess, either way, I'll stand by what I said.

Majestic is one bad dude though. He's Superman without Ma and Pa Kent holding him back with human values. But above Surfer..? I dunno, I'd take Surfer most times, unless there's prep.

thesilverspider
I got confused at some point along the line I guess, either way, I'll stand by what I said.

Majestic is one bad dude though. He's Superman without Ma and Pa Kent holding him back with human values. But above Surfer..? I dunno, I'd take Surfer most times, unless there's prep.

hell yea what where they thinking making majestic reed richards smart.
It sux they should of made majestic with guy gardner personality imagine that................ evil face

Juntai
hell yea what where they thinking making majestic reed richards smart.
It sux they should of made majestic with guy gardner personality imagine that................ evil face Superman is that smart too, he just doesn't utilize it much thanks to homespun upbringing, he uses his brains a LOT more than people give him credit for. And the tech in the Fortess of Solitude is mostly beyond comprehension, the Kryptonians tech borderlined magic it was so advanced.

I think Majestic with Guy's meathead personality would be mean he'd be suddenly in constant combat for the rest of his life.

thesilverspider
Superman is that smart too, he just doesn't utilize it much thanks to homespun upbringing, he uses his brains a LOT more than people give him credit for. And the tech in the Fortess of Solitude is mostly beyond comprehension, the Kryptonians tech borderlined magic it was so advanced.

I think Majestic with Guy's meathead personality would be mean he'd be suddenly in constant combat for the rest of his life.

and a womenizer as well............... evil face

Mider
Manhatten wins

the Darkone
Originally posted by Psycho Ninja
Dr.M is just Surfer level.........

Mjes wons !!!

Dr. Manhatten is above Silver Surfer and Mr. Majestic. I reading the watchmen as I can see Dr. Manhatten will stomp the shit out of mr. majestic with out breaking a swet.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by the Darkone
Dr. Manhatten is above Silver Surfer and Mr. Majestic. I reading the watchmen as I can see Dr. Manhatten will stomp the shit out of mr. majestic with out breaking a swet. Dr.M should take Mr.M.

Side note: I can't think of anything Manhatten did during Watchmen that Surfer could not do. The book even stated that Manhatten had limits to his power; he would not be able to stop a full nuclear strike. That's something I'm sure Surfer could do.

Sir Whirlysplat
Dr. Manhatten is above Silver Surfer and Mr. Majestic. I reading the watchmen as I can see Dr. Manhatten will stomp the shit out of mr. majestic with out breaking a swet.

You do know Watchmen is published by DC, you be carefull "Darkone" you could get a nosebleed.

the Darkone
No really! Of course I know it's published by dc, I read both marvel and dc. I'm not a fanboy like you.

Sir Whirlysplat
No really! Of course I know it's published by dc, I read both marvel and dc. I'm not a fanboy like you.

Of course I am and your not smile

thesilverspider
aint you the marvel version of dvamp?

the Darkone
Hell f**k no, I should smite you with my omega beams since they ain't worth shit now then I have to use the odinforce. I like marvel and dc but I am more of a marvel man, but I am not a fanboy unlike Dvamp who pick dc characters every time.

The Ion
aint you the marvel version of dvamp?
That's golem. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mider
k kids anyway couldnt Manhatten do things like just think missles from hitting there targets?

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Mider
k kids anyway couldnt Manhatten do things like just think missles from hitting there targets? According to the book, Dr. Manhattan could not prevent any more than 30 or so missiles from reaching their targets. He's powerful, but not omnipotent, and besides, Manhattan never really faced true superheroes with powers of any sort.

Mider
and how many missles could Silver Sufer stop? and only using his mind people.

Acrosurge
and how many missles could Silver Sufer stop? and only using his mind people. All of 'em. He's stopped all technology on the planet Earth with a gesture. No tech, no guidance systems, no missiles striking targets.

Mider
what a load of crap what an overpowered peace of junk that is why i had to dig deep into my comic book knowledge and find a being who SS had no chance of defeating.......GOG

Mider
coughs umm sorry for gloating he's just to powerful SS i mean

Acrosurge
coughs umm sorry for gloating he's just to powerful SS i mean *gives Mider hot chocolate to soothe his bitterness*

You shouldn't have had to search that long for cosmic characters that can defeat Surfer. Thanos has nearly beaten him to death with a massive cosmic blast, then his barehands. Would it put you in a better mood to see the scans?

Sir Whirlysplat
Acrosurge I'm afraid your wrong the Government estimated a worst case scenario and they gave percentages no number of Warheads. Dr M never discusses it to my recollection.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Sir Whirlysplat
Acrosurge I'm afraid your wrong the Government estimated a worst case scenario and they gave percentages no number of Warheads. Dr M never discusses it to my recollection. True, Dr. M never stated this, but the Governments' estimations were based on interactions with Manhatten himself. To my knowlege, their assumptions were credible, otherwise there would have been no threat of nuclear war.

BTW, sorry about the faulty numbers. I just read Watchmen, but don't have the book in front of me.

Mider
sips hot cholate oh i know Thanos could whoop him but i wanted someone who would OWNNNNN him like horribly even more then thanos

Acrosurge
sips hot cholate oh i know Thanos could whoop him but i wanted someone who would OWNNNNN him like horribly even more then thanos Ah, look at 'em anyway. It'll do you good.

http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/Cpu4.jpg

http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/Cpu5.jpg

http://www.corvusonline.net/thanos/Cpu6.jpg

Sir Whirlysplat
If you want womeone that would own the Silver Surfer, try Solar Man of the Atom. He does it everytime.

Sir Whirlysplat
Originally posted by Acrosurge
True, Dr. M never stated this, but the Governments' estimations were based on interactions with Manhatten himself. To my knowlege, their assumptions were credible, otherwise there would have been no threat of nuclear war.

BTW, sorry about the faulty numbers. I just read Watchmen, but don't have the book in front of me.

It was again a worst case scenario of what he could stop, the truth is I think he could stop everything easily. He has instant teleport anywhere in the Universe for christs sake, something the surfer does not have.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.